PDA

View Full Version : Takara Microman Alien vs Preadtor

Darth Cruel
01-12-2006, 12:37 PM
They call these a 4" scale figure. But considering the Predators' size...they are actually better for the 3 3/4" lines as far as scale goes. They are very pricey. To get one shipped from Hong Kong cost me a total of $20.00 inclusive of the prices for the figure and shipping. These things are as articulated as the Marvel Legends figures. I will add a high-def shot when I can get it cropped. I just saw the size limitation.

Darth Cruel
01-12-2006, 12:55 PM
Here is the pic

decadentdave
01-13-2006, 02:53 AM
Looks cool. Aside from the articulation, how does the sculpt and detail compare to the McFarlane 4" playsets?

plasticfetish
01-14-2006, 04:19 AM
There's a Microman thread going here...
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=21201
...but it's been lonely for a while.

Microman articulation is waaay better than Marvel Legends articulation, and as far as "detail" compared to McFarlane goes -- the point of the Microman figures, is that they're meant to be played with. ;) For a line that's been around for over 25 years, it's just cool to see modern figures and characters being made.

Check out the Takara site for photos...
http://www.takarahobby.com/kaihatsu/microman/index.html
...you'll need to click around blindly for a bit, unless you read Japanese. ("Vol.45" has AvP photos BTW.)

UKWildcat
01-14-2006, 11:43 PM
Man, that figure looks freakin' sweet! I'm dying to see any others. Did you just order that one Darth Cruel or did you get any others (if available)?

I'm unfamiliar with Takara Microman. So I'm assuming can you only get these puppies imported from Hong Kong? How is their packaging? I usually don't open my stuff, but I will sometimes buy doubles if the figure is really nice so I can have one to open and display.

Thanks for the link plastic. I did click around for a bit and it seems like all of their products are pretty nice and high in quality.

plasticfetish
01-15-2006, 12:32 AM
I'm unfamiliar with Takara Microman. So I'm assuming can you only get these puppies imported from Hong Kong? How is their packaging?They're packaged on a cardback with a bubble -- pretty standard stuff. Often times the cardback is only held in place by tape, so it's possible to do a clean cut, slide the cadback out and then keep the packaging.

When I first started buying the modern figures (they started the line up again in '99 after a long dead period) I was finding them at local Japanese shops or online, but later Diamond started distributing them, and so I was finding them at my local comic book shop. K*B had some of the last line, which was kind of a surprise.

Here's a good site for Microman info... microforever.com (http://www.microforever.com)

figrin bran
01-15-2006, 02:49 AM
Darth Cruel, i'm not sure what part of so cal you're from but i've seen these for sale (about $6-7) in some stores in chinatown. unfortunately, i think they've sold out but i can keep an eye out for them.

Darth Cruel
01-15-2006, 06:34 AM
Darth Cruel, i'm not sure what part of so cal you're from but i've seen these for sale (about $6-7) in some stores in chinatown. unfortunately, i think they've sold out but i can keep an eye out for them.

Figrin - That would freakin" rock! If you run across them...don't hesitate. Just know that I will pay you for them without question. There are 5 of the AVP Micromen. I am looking for 2 complete sets and 2 extra Alien Warriors. Anything you could help me out with there would be GREATLY appreciated! The numbers are MA-13 through MA-17.