PDA

View Full Version : Fisto!!!

zakkattakk
01-12-2006, 05:03 PM
He's Next!!!!!!!!!

El Chuxter
01-12-2006, 05:39 PM
Okay, I've had zero interest in the offerings so far, but Fisto's one I must have. I've seen comments about other figures selling out almost instantly, so how do I go about ordering Kit and when should I do so?

zakkattakk
01-12-2006, 06:04 PM
maybe Fisty will be easier to order than the others, since he's not a main character. But the bad thing is is that he hasn't been made by hasbro.

maatu
01-12-2006, 06:17 PM
how do you know he is next?

zakkattakk
01-12-2006, 06:23 PM
The latest podcast:pleased:

maatu
01-12-2006, 06:37 PM
where do you go to see this.

zakkattakk
01-12-2006, 06:51 PM
www.sideshowtoy.com (http://www.sideshowtoy.com)

Blue2th
01-12-2006, 07:08 PM
Oh yeah! Finally Sideshow getting to the alien Jedi.

Battle Droid
01-12-2006, 07:38 PM
His exclusive will be what, a grin?

Battle Droid
01-12-2006, 09:17 PM
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/placed/011306kitfisto.jpg

BlueSnags
01-12-2006, 09:34 PM
Nice. I'll definitely be getting a Fisto. So far so good, Sideshow. Hopefully Plo Koon is next.

dr_evazan22
01-12-2006, 10:18 PM
Maybe he'll come with an alternate Jedi tunic with a lightsaber hole burned into it.

Jayspawn
01-12-2006, 10:18 PM
Oh I gotta have this one too! I dont care what the Exclusive will be on this one, I just want the Kit! I wonder what other accessories he'll have. Looks awesome!!!

silmarillionart
01-12-2006, 10:34 PM
Looks great, gives me high hopes for any possible Twi-Lek figures down the road. I think there might actually be wires in his dreads too, which would be sweet. Still, he looks sort of angry for a Jedi, no? And I wonder if his head is removable to get his cloak on, looks like a pain in the a** otherwise. They are REALLY pumping these out eh? I wonder how many prototypes are finished and sitting around waiting for their preview dates.

AmanaMatt
01-12-2006, 11:37 PM
Terrible choice...why bother with Jedi like Ki Andi Mundi when you have characters like Kit Fisto!!! :upset:

I am so glad I will not be a completist on this line!

decadentdave
01-13-2006, 12:06 AM
His exclusive will be what, a grin?

That would be my guess as well. What else could it be? We've never seen him with any other accessory other than his saber. He will probably come with the interchangeable head sculpt like the SS exclusive Alex Trevelan from Bond.

decadentdave
01-13-2006, 12:08 AM
Terrible choice...why bother with Jedi like Ki Andi Mundi when you have characters like Kit Fisto!!! :upset:

I am so glad I will not be a completist on this line!

Because Hasbro already did Bananna Head and they want to put out as many non-Hasbro figures before getting to the "upgrades."

El Chuxter
01-13-2006, 12:21 AM
So, stupid question: there's an "exclusive" on these Sideshow figures? Is that a variant or something? (Like I said, I'm so new to this line I don't even have any yet. :)) If so, hopefully the Kit variant would be AOTC Kit, which was a much better mask. And a patented Mighty Grin, of course. :D

decadentdave
01-13-2006, 12:26 AM
The Sideshow Exclusive is limited in numbers and includes a special "accessory" specific to the character and not included in the regular edition.

Fisto wasn't all smiles when he walked into Palpatine's office though. Maybe he will have that shocked expression of terror grin written on his face when he cries "Ahhhhhh!!!!" and goes out like a chump! :D

El Chuxter
01-13-2006, 12:39 AM
Ah, gotcha. Is this available through their site or to fan club members or something to that effect?

Slightly off-subject, but the showdown in Palpatine's office should've been closer to the novelization, which was far more brutal, and in which Sassy and Kit didn't go down so quickly. Anakin even sees Kit's severed head resting on Palpatine's desk when he arrives, a grin frozen on his face, and reflects that he must have found dying to be funny.

Darth Cruel
01-13-2006, 05:53 AM
Ah, gotcha. Is this available through their site or to fan club members or something to that effect?

Slightly off-subject, but the showdown in Palpatine's office should've been closer to the novelization, which was far more brutal, and in which Sassy and Kit didn't go down so quickly. Anakin even sees Kit's severed head resting on Palpatine's desk when he arrives, a grin frozen on his face, and reflects that he must have found dying to be funny.

A quick run-down EC - Sideshow makes two "versions" One they call the regular release and one the call the Sideshow eclusive. The only difference is that the Sideshow exclusive has one extra accessory that pertains primarily to that figure (i.e. the Skiff guard blaster for Jedi Luke, the Sidious hologram for Anakin, and the Grievous Blaster for Obi-Wan). They open up a two hour window before the general pre-sale (all figures are pre-sold), which they call the PRIORITY pre-sale, of these figures (both versions) to the people who have an account open with them and who subscribe to their newsletter. If the exclusive version sells out before the 2 hour window closes...the regular one is sold at that time (as it was for Obi-Wan). The exclusive versions have all sold out during the two hour priority pre-sales, but the regular versions have lasted a few days to a week. In fact, as I am posting, the regular Obi-Wan is still available and it has been a week.

Oh, and by the way...KIT FISTO!!! KIT FISTO!!! KIT FISTO!!!

Sideshow...your choices and and quality rock! (but I still have an issue with the availability)

zakkattakk
01-13-2006, 08:19 AM
The Sideshow Exclusive is limited in numbers and includes a special "accessory" specific to the character and not included in the regular edition.

Fisto wasn't all smiles when he walked into Palpatine's office though. Maybe he will have that shocked expression of terror grin written on his face when he cries "Ahhhhhh!!!!" and goes out like a chump! :D

Poor dude. Wanted to die with a smile on his face. Poor Ms. Secura, too.:(

But great figure!:) I need a job, though:cross-eye

JEDIpartner
01-13-2006, 08:47 AM
Not excited. Next!

Kidhuman
01-13-2006, 09:39 AM
How much these go for?

zakkattakk
01-13-2006, 09:49 AM
Any where from $30-$75.

Darth Cruel
01-13-2006, 09:56 AM
How much these go for?

If you order them straight from the Sideshow website...60.00 - 65.00 after shipping.

I can not figure out what the exclusive accessory could be for him. And if he comes with a Jedi aqaubreather...I'll be disappointed.

El Chuxter
01-13-2006, 11:29 AM
Wha-wha-wha?!?!?!? :eek: Fisto or no, I'm going to have to think long and hard on this.

zakkattakk
01-13-2006, 11:36 AM
He's lying to you! So far, the figures have been $50-$55, and were worth it. I think you should get it.

Darth Cruel
01-13-2006, 11:40 AM
He's lying to you! So far, the figures have been $50-$55, and were worth it. I think you should get it.

He's right EC - I was lying to you, Luke was $62.46 after tax and shipping, Anakin was $66.63 after tax and shipping, and Obi-Wan was $61.27 after tax and shipping. So what I SHOULD have said was: $61.27 - $66.63 after tax and shipping SO FAR. I apologize for the misinformation.

zakkattakk
01-13-2006, 11:44 AM
Just screwin' around with ya, DC.lol

Darth Cruel
01-13-2006, 11:48 AM
I wasn't offended ZA. I figured you were.

And EC - Based only on the photos so far and Sideshow's reputation...the figures appear to be worth every single penny.

JEDIpartner
01-13-2006, 01:37 PM

I think everyone should spend $520 a year on stuff... or on ME!!!!

JediTricks
01-13-2006, 04:01 PM
Why is his robe reddish? I don't remember that from the movie, is that correct though?

The mouth looks a little off to me, but I suspect it'll look better from another angle. They should have chose a less odd mouth pose though, I think it throws his face off a little.

Like Anakin, I won't bother with this one, he's not my speed, it's not interesting to me.

zakkattakk
01-13-2006, 04:16 PM
Why is his robe reddish? I don't remember that from the movie, is that correct though?

The mouth looks a little off to me, but I suspect it'll look better from another angle. They should have chose a less odd mouth pose though, I think it throws his face off a little.

Like Anakin, I won't bother with this one, he's not my speed, it's not interesting to me.
No, it wan't reddish, and remember,
THIS IS A PROTOTYPE. The Obi-wan also had a different prototype. So SSC will probably perfect it for the release.:)

JediTricks
01-13-2006, 04:25 PM
This probably isn't an "in progress" prototype though, this is likely the last step from production.

zakkattakk
01-13-2006, 04:48 PM
why do you say this, JT.

JediTricks
01-13-2006, 05:03 PM
They have shown earlier stages of their prototypes which are clearly different.

Also, usually a company like this will not make something available for preorder until they have a "nearly complete" paint sample ready to go because they need to be sure the factory (or factories) they work with will be capable of preparing the materials in the time they are going to tell the public.

Hellboy
01-13-2006, 05:43 PM
Looks sweet to me and I'll gladly add him to my collection.

Nice to see SS going with an alien Jedi to mix things up a bit too. I hope Plo Koon and Aayla Secura aren't far behind.

JediTricks
01-13-2006, 05:50 PM
Yeah, doing an alien early is smart, keeps those alien fans baited for more. And they did Kit's hands, not just generic human hands in green - that was the first thing I noticed about the fig after the face.

Blue2th
01-13-2006, 07:36 PM
How about that bucktooth grin and possible interchangable head? I see 2 shots of him in that Sideshow picture.

Darth Cruel
01-13-2006, 10:44 PM
Another thing to think about when considering if this may be a picture of an end product or in-process prototype is that all of the other pics of the other figs pretty much seem to be. But we all have to remember that we have been warned about Sideshow (on a rare occasion) releasing figures that were different than the pitured item (in the Planet of the Apes line, one of the Astronaut figures was showed with dirt on the uniform representing the forbidden zone, but ended up shipping clean).

zakkattakk
01-13-2006, 11:21 PM
Another thing to think about when considering if this may be a picture of an end product or in-process prototype is that all of the other pics of the other figs pretty much seem to be. But we all have to remember that we have been warned about Sideshow (on a rare occasion) releasing figures that were different than the pitured item (in the Planet of the Apes line, one of the Astronaut figures was showed with dirt on the uniform representing the forbidden zone, but ended up shipping clean).

As in, Kit may be shipped without red eyeline?

IG65
01-13-2006, 11:24 PM
How about that bucktooth grin and possible interchangable head? I see 2 shots of him in that Sideshow picture.

The shot of Fisto on the left looks to me like a Lucasfilm publicity still, while the one on the right is the actual figure. I would love to get an alternate grinning head, though.

evenflow
01-13-2006, 11:33 PM
I wonder what the exclusive extra will be? Hooded Cloak perhaps?

JediTricks
01-13-2006, 11:50 PM
The background shot is the movie mask, it has the tearducts which the figure's face doesn't have.

Darth Cruel
01-14-2006, 03:27 PM
Either way...I don't care. I don't need an exact copy of the movie character. All I want is an outstanding representation of the character, and even the pic of this figure foots that bill, quite easily.

But I still have a problem with availability.

Exhaust Port
01-14-2006, 10:12 PM
Too bad he's got that stupid grin on his face.

Jayspawn
01-15-2006, 09:17 AM
Aahhh...the figure doesnt have a grin.

Kit is a great choice for the next figure. And while he may not me a lot of people's favorite Jedi, Its one Hasbro didnt get around to massacuring, and the sculpt and details are incredible! Its about as close to the real Kit as you can get. Have to give credit where its due.

zakkattakk
01-15-2006, 10:28 AM
Well said, Jayspawn.

Exhaust Port
01-15-2006, 10:49 AM
Aahhh...the figure doesnt have a grin.

Well, more of a grimace than. Constipated Fisto.

MandalorianMafia
01-15-2006, 03:07 PM
Hello everyone!

New to this forum. I am very excited about this line. I hope I am lucky enough to get this one.

Darth Cruel
01-15-2006, 06:54 PM
Hello everyone!

New to this forum. I am very excited about this line. I hope I am lucky enough to get this one.

Welcome aboard MM! The more the merrier!

And as for Kit...in all of the movies he was in...he had that grin...it is his personality (except while he was hanging on the end of Palpatine's 'saber).

IG65
01-15-2006, 07:26 PM
Poor Kit. What a lame death :mad:
At least he got to do something in the cartoon Clone Wars.

Jayspawn
01-15-2006, 07:48 PM
Fortunatly Kit had a quick one -right across the chest.

I bet we'll see more of Kit when the new Clone Wars cartoon comes out next year.

jedibear
01-15-2006, 09:27 PM
Kit is a good choice for the SS line of Jedi....
So far SS has given us two figures that have never been done before (ROTS Obi-Wan, Kit Fisto) and two that have (ROTJ Luke & ROTS Anakin).

While both the Luke and the Anakin are good choices that weren't done particularly well by Hasbro (especially that "Ultimate Villian" Anakin/Vader...that set just screamed "cheap" but it wasn't) and I'm personally impressed with the Anakin (took alot of looking at those preview pics though) and really impressed with the Obi-Wan...it's really impressive how well the SS figure merges withe the "older" Kenobi offered in their premium figure collection (and hopefully later in the regular 12" collection).

What I'm hoping SS does at least initially in their collection, is steer away from any characters that had decent enough renditions in the Hasbro line and come back to them later. Let's get more characters that haven't been done before...that's one thing that makes Kit a good choice. Hasbro's Plo Koon was a decent enough figure (except the robe was missing) for those lucky enough to find it and Ki Adi Mundi also fared well in the Hasbro line.

While Qui-Gon Jinn is my favorite Jedi and I'd love to see SS tackle an ultimate figure of him someday, the "Defense of Naboo" version from the Portrait Collect offered during Episode One from Hasbro was a pretty stunning figure...one of my all-time favorites from Hasbro's 12" collection. Before that, I'm more interested in getting a Saesee Tinn or an Aayla Secura or a Quinlan Vos from SS first.

As for Kit...I'm a little thrown by the open mouth...the nuetral facial expression exhibited by the LFL publicity still featured in the preview looks better to me but as some folks have pointed out...let's see some different photo angles of what SS has done here in a later preview when we get the chance.
I hope the tentacles are posable (inner wire maybe?) for some great action posing. The only other issue (and this isn't SS's fault) is I personally liked the slicker, greener version of Kit featured in AOTC opposed to the ROTS version of him...the ROTS version does look more intense expression-wise, but the cocky fun attitude of the earlier version is missing....war'll do that to you I guess. I'm still looking forward to adding this jedi to my collection....

JediTricks
01-16-2006, 03:55 PM
Why are some of you guys saying he's grinning? That's not a grin on this figure's face, grins go *up* at the sides of the mouth which this figure is NOT doing.

Exhaust Port
01-16-2006, 11:02 PM
I'm calling it a constipation grimice.

Jayspawn
01-17-2006, 11:51 PM
Well anyways, I'm excited about ordering Kit this Friday, cant wait!

IG65
01-18-2006, 12:15 AM
I'm with you JS, although I would like to see a genuine smile as the exclusive.

Battle Droid
01-19-2006, 01:02 PM
Looks like his exclusive is an AOTC Battle Droid head maybe.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?p=660

Might have to order him just for it. :p

decadentdave
01-19-2006, 01:16 PM
Battle Droid head?!?!?!

That is WEAK!!!!! I was expecting a grinning interchangeable head but this?!?!?!

Looks like I don't have to worry about getting the Sideshow Exclusive edition.

Jayspawn
01-19-2006, 03:43 PM
Yeah its a little weak. I was gonna go after the standard version this time anyways.

El Chuxter
01-19-2006, 03:52 PM
Is there generally a cost difference?

Jayspawn
01-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Its the same cost either way.

Hellboy
01-19-2006, 04:18 PM
A Battle Droid head? Thats definitely a strange choice for the exclusive accessory. What the hell are you supposed do with it, put it at his feet? :stupid:

IG65
01-19-2006, 04:21 PM
I wasn't really holding my breath for an alternate grinning head, but I did think the exclusive would be better than this. Lame indeed.

zakkattakk
01-19-2006, 04:52 PM
Maybe it could serves you a cool pose though, Kit holing up his lightsaber with a battle droid head in his hand, eh?:)

New pic! pic here (http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=orderofthejedi&source=starhome)

MandalorianMafia
01-19-2006, 06:32 PM
Will there be a difference in packaging, between the exclusive and non-exclusives? Just wondering........

Hellboy
01-19-2006, 06:36 PM
Will there be a difference in packaging, between the exclusive and non-exclusives? Just wondering........

I'd imagine the exclusive will say "Exclusive" somewhere on the box but since none of these 12" figures have been released yet and the package design hasn't been shown its still unknown.

MandalorianMafia
01-19-2006, 06:38 PM
I am very curious about the packaging....I'm sure everyone else is too!

zakkattakk
01-19-2006, 07:48 PM
I am very curious about the packaging....I'm sure everyone else is too!

The difference is is that there may be a sideshow exclusive sticher on the box if you get the exclusive. On the production blog they've announced to post pics of luke's box soon.:grin:

Jayspawn
01-19-2006, 08:29 PM
You can count me on the list of people curious to see what the packages will look like.

The Battle Droid head isnt that lame of an accessory if you think about it. What would Kit really come with anyway.

IG65
01-19-2006, 10:46 PM
The Battle Droid head isnt that lame of an accessory if you think about it. What would Kit really come with anyway.

Perhaps you're right. I guess I was just hoping they would pleasantly surprise me. I don't know what i wanted, but this wasn't it. :upset:

ZA may be on to something with the pose idea. Although now I really want him smiling.:D

Battle Droid
01-19-2006, 11:32 PM
From, http://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?cat=26

Battle Droid - Metal Menace

Posted on Thursday, January 19th, 2006 at 10:58 pm

So by now many of you have figured out that Kit Fisto’s Sideshow Exclusive accessory is a defeated battle droid head. In less than 12 hours, you’ll have your chance to pre-order the Sideshow Exclusive Kit Fisto, and remember that subscribed newsletter members get a head-start with a priority pre-order opportunity. If you’re not a member, sign up now!

We’ve seen some chatter on the boards about the battle droid head, and wanted to answer a few of the comments and questions. This is a unique accessory, no other future character will include a defeated battle droid head exactly like this one. Kit Fisto’s battle droid head features lightsaber damage on the neck, where it was severed. The head is cast in real metal, making it a perfect paperweight if you choose not to display it with Kit (standing victorious atop the head, of course). This doesn’t mean that Sideshow won’t produce a full 12″ Battle Droid down the road (far, far down the road), or that other battle droid parts won’t appear in other figures. Kit Fisto’s Geonosis trophy is one-of-a-kind.

IG65
01-20-2006, 08:03 AM
This is actually sounding better all the time. I may have to retract some of my earlier statements. :)

Hellboy
01-20-2006, 11:15 AM
I wouldn't mind having a Battle Droid head (paperweight) and it is cool that it's metal but it still seems like a silly exclusive accessory. So far Anakin's hologram projector is easily my favorite and the most creative IMO.

BlueSnags
01-20-2006, 11:37 AM
Is everyone ready? Hopefully this is quick and painless.

EDIT: WHOO-HOO! Just got one. That was fast. Is everyone getting through?

El Chuxter
01-20-2006, 11:55 AM
It's up and running, but a bit on the slow side. My guess is everyone wants The Mighty Grin. :D

I've got mine secured and ready to go. Hooray!!

decadentdave
01-20-2006, 11:57 AM
Wow that was the fastest pre-order to date! The streamline pre-order was up at 9:58 and I had completed my order by 10:00!!!

Hellboy
01-20-2006, 11:57 AM
Quickest transaction yet, done in 3 minutes. :grin:

El Chuxter
01-20-2006, 11:59 AM
Sorry to post again so soon and waste Steve's hard drive space (:)), but about how long does it generally take to receive the confirmation e-mail?

Hellboy
01-20-2006, 12:03 PM
If I remember correctly Chux I've received all of mine within an hour after ordering.

K M Toydarian
01-20-2006, 12:03 PM
Order done 10:02. Got email confirmation a few minutes later. Check your bulk/spam mail. Sideshow sometimes gets filter into it in my Yahoo mail bulk.

JEDIpartner
01-20-2006, 12:07 PM
...SEVERED BATTLE DROID HEAD???!!!!" :eek:

:whip:

Darth Cruel
01-20-2006, 12:08 PM
It took me 14 minutes. But I am on a dial-up and I refreshed a few times due to impatience. I am glad this one is not quite as popular, but I hope it sells out so that Sideshow doesn't cut back on the edition sizes. They have steadily gotten bigger. And if this keeps up, they will have addressed my main issue with the line.

It would appear, though, that Sideshow has anticipated the reduced interest as the Exclusive version has a 1250 edition size.

JEDIpartner
01-20-2006, 12:19 PM
Yeah... I didn't order this one. I was just curious and wanted to check it out. I'm not a Kit Fisto fan in the least. I guess it looks okay. I was able to log on rather easily so I'm glad those of you who really want this are able to get it with a little more ease than the previous two offerings. :)

dr_evazan22
01-20-2006, 12:25 PM
No troubles here logging in, got in first time and placed my order.

Darth Cruel
01-20-2006, 12:45 PM
Exclusive Edition (1250 units) sold out in 45 minutes. I guess I was a hell of a lot luckier than I thought.

silmarillionart
01-20-2006, 12:49 PM
Got mine in, in about 4 minutes too. The opening Sideshow mainpage took the longest, the rest was a breeze. Think the figure looks great, and the expression actually works well with any battle pose. Kit was decidedly less happy-go-lucky in episode 3, and this shows it. Here's me hoping for a Qui-Gon or Shaak-Ti next.

echobanzai
01-20-2006, 12:58 PM
45 minutes? a lot sooner than that.

for some reason, i was thinking 2pm EST, but it was 1pm EST!

i checked at 1:33, and kit was sold out.

i got the regular edition though.

kit fisto ROCKED in the animated series. the movie, he was lame, but that is cause lucas does not know how to build up suspense. lucas screwed up that character big time, and Gendy ran with him, and showed us what he really could do.

so i love the character, and im glad i got at least the regular edition.

Darth Cruel
01-20-2006, 02:58 PM
They are getting quicker.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sideshow-Exclusive-Star-Wars-Kit-Fisto-Figure_W0QQitemZ6598956861QQcategoryZ73559QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

silmarillionart
01-20-2006, 03:01 PM
I though eBay rules prohibited sales of pre-order items unless they're arriving in the next 30 days?

El Chuxter
01-20-2006, 03:21 PM
Starting at $99 with a BIN of over $500? What the holy **** in a handbasket? :eek:

zakkattakk
01-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Got the exclusive! The site took 30 min. to load, since I live in TX, but it wasn't as bad as the last few times.:pleased:

Darth Cruel
01-20-2006, 04:01 PM
Got the exclusive! The site took 30 min. to load, since I live in TX, but it wasn't as bad as the last few times.:pleased:

You may have been luckier than you know. Word is that they were sold out at 33 minutes.

MandalorianMafia
01-20-2006, 05:21 PM
This order went pretty well for me.....Can't wait to see what the next one will be!

Warstar
01-20-2006, 08:10 PM
I was working at the Mall today settting up a Bridal Fair.

Logged into Sideshow from the Qwest both in the Mall showing off their DSL. This was at about 10:30 AM Pacific Time.

By the time I logged in and got to the Kit Fisto Exclusive figure, there were less than 100 left.

Ordered one.

Went back to work- took all of TWO minutes :p Literally.

1250 gone in about 30 minutes...impressive. MOST impressive. :p

IG65
01-20-2006, 08:15 PM
You may have been luckier than you know. Word is that they were sold out at 33 minutes.

33 minutes, huh? I'm glad I didn't take my time. I got mine in about 8 minutes.

Reefer Shark
01-20-2006, 08:22 PM
Well, I was stuck in a meeting until about 10:40am. Logged on, and of course they were sold out.... That makes Star Wars exclusive #4 that I've missed out on.

Total crap... but I will enjoy the regular edition I suppose.

echobanzai
01-21-2006, 05:47 AM
when kit is wearing his big old robe, he looks awesome. that profile of him, is great.

the lightsabers look too thin to me. im gonna switch it up with a hasbro lightsaber!

out of the 1st 3 figures, this is the one im most excited about. when they showed the preview a few weeks back, they showed the battle droid head, and i was terrified.

i hope sideshow never does a battle droid!

Darth Cruel
01-21-2006, 06:48 AM
when kit is wearing his big old robe, he looks awesome. that profile of him, is great.

the lightsabers look too thin to me. im gonna switch it up with a hasbro lightsaber!

out of the 1st 3 figures, this is the one im most excited about. when they showed the preview a few weeks back, they showed the battle droid head, and i was terrified.

I was thinking the same thing until I did a comparison against the visual dictionary. Habro brain-washed us with the oversized lightsabers. If you need and extra I'll swap ya straight across for the Sideshow hilt and ignited ones.:grin:

JediTricks
01-22-2006, 03:15 AM
I suspect Hasbro's chunky sabers will be too big for these figures' hands, they're very large to accomodate the removable blades. I do think SSC's hilts are too thin, but only by about 15% whereas Hasbro's hilts are like 50% too big. The real problem IMO is the blades, the prototypes on the SSC sabers are very thin and should be the width of the Hasbro ones.

Blue2th
01-22-2006, 09:06 AM

I wonder if Kit's tentacles are going to be bendable? Sure would be nice for action poses. We don't have a red Genosian Battle Droid yet. I'm sure any 12" droid they make will be better than the Hasbro one, though I don't see paying the same price as the other 12" sideshow figs, unless they are super-detailed, super-articulated or maybe a 2 pack with C3PO and interchangable heads?

El Chuxter
01-22-2006, 09:32 AM
If they make a 12" Battle Droid that folds up or a 12"-scale Droideka that transforms, it would absolutely be worth the price.

If they can make one that won't eventually collapse under its own weight like the Hasbro one, I'd be satisfied with that.

Exhaust Port
01-22-2006, 11:20 AM
a 12"-scale Droideka that transforms, it would absolutely be worth the price.

I totally agree with this! A Droideka always seemed to be a figure (in what ever scale) that needed to be accurately modeled to transform. It would look nice in 12" scale with a nice stand to display it in the rolling mode.

dr_evazan22
01-22-2006, 01:16 PM
If they make a 12" Battle Droid that folds up or a 12"-scale Droideka that transforms

Either would be super -sweet!

If they can make one that won't eventually collapse under its own weight like the Hasbro one, I'd be satisfied with that.

Yeah, I can only have mine standing straight up. And my Gen Greivous gets all weak in the knees, like he had too much to drink.

A droid series sounds pretty good. I'd also like to get good versions of C-3PO from TPM and AOTC (I have the GG 12" statue for the gold version).

zakkattakk
01-24-2006, 09:19 PM
I hope SSC makes the robe char-coal colored for the finished figure. But if they don't, no prob. Dye will take care of that.:bandit:

Darth Cruel
06-27-2006, 04:28 PM
Got my first notice for Kit today at 2:22 PM (PST). 20 days untill he is at the wherehouse! I can not wait!

Edit - I got warning emails for both versions! (I am glad I was the first to post this...'cause I bet someone else would have started a whole new thread for it).

Edit, Edit - And I can not tell you all how stoked I am about getting two of these Sideshow 12" in one month...I can't get them all fast enough!

BlueSnags
06-27-2006, 04:53 PM
Got my first notice for Kit today at 2:22 PM (PST). 20 days untill he is at the wherehouse! I can not wait!

Edit - I got warning emails for both versions! (I am glad I was the first to post this...'cause I bet someone else would have started a whole new thread for it).

Edit, Edit - And I can not tell you all how stoked I am about getting two of these Sideshow 12" in one month...I can't get them all fast enough!

Just got my notice for the Exclusive version!:laugh: I'm pumped to get Kit, but what happened to Obi-Wan? I thought he was next.

Turbowars
06-27-2006, 06:54 PM
Yeah I was kind of surprised myself.

Hey DC, when you say you got 2, are you saying 2 Fisto's or did you get a notification for Obi?

My total for Fisto comes to $64.91. I talked to customer Service again from SS and I can't help but think that her voice is so fake. Anyone else notice this? My ex wife did that when I stopped by her work. She talked to me like that once and only once.:whip: :D

Anyways, I was too happy with their service from the beginning, but things are looking up now. Nothing could be worse that GG or Kebco.

plasticfetish
06-27-2006, 08:54 PM
but what happened to Obi-Wan? I thought he was next.I think he's been pushed 'til August. (Could be wrong, but I remember reading that somewhere.)

Darth Cruel
06-27-2006, 11:04 PM
Finally! I have been working to get logged in for hours! Yes Obi-Wan was moved back behind Kit because the robe color was bad and had to be changed.

Hey DC, when you say you got 2, are you saying 2 Fisto's or did you get a notification for Obi?

I ordered 2 Kit Fistos. A regular and an exclusive.

jonthejedi
06-28-2006, 04:49 AM
Yes, sadly, Obi was pushed back till Aug. But the Kitster has a hallowed spot in my Ikea case already reserved.

Hellboy
06-30-2006, 09:08 PM
I received my notice as well. Looking forward to Kit. :pleased:

Jayspawn
07-02-2006, 11:30 PM
Kit is gonna be awesome! I think he's one of the more original 12" choices.

evenflow
07-05-2006, 04:47 PM
I can't wait for him either. Looking forward to the battle damaged battle droid head too :)

Darth Cruel
07-05-2006, 05:53 PM
I just got my 3-5 day warning email from Sideshow for Kit...he is coming fast. Evenflow posted on another thread that he has even been charged for Kit already! I am stoked to get this figure!

DarthQuack
07-05-2006, 08:14 PM
I was hoping this thread was about the old Masters of the Universe Fisto.....damn.

Hellboy
07-05-2006, 09:21 PM
Received my 3-5 day notice today as well and my card has been charged so hopefully he'll be in hand shortly. :pleased:

jedibear
07-06-2006, 11:16 AM
...Obi-Wan was moved back behind Kit because the robe color was bad and had to be changed...

While it's nice that they caught the quality error on Kenobi before he hit these shores, I wish that could've happend with "falling arm maybelline spokes-sith" Anakin. Oh well...here's hoping Kit knocks one over the fences....

K M Toydarian
07-08-2006, 05:30 AM
Kit is scheduled to arrive tomorrow! (Sat.)
Coming from Ventura to Studio city is a short drive, so he will be my first very shortly!

jedibear
07-08-2006, 10:45 PM
Well, my status jumped from "Order submitted" to "Item Shipped" and I recieved my fedex tracking number so Kit's on the way!

El Chuxter
07-08-2006, 11:21 PM
Mine arrived here today! Mrs Chuxter was a bit disappointed that he's not happy-go-lucky AOTC Kit (yes, I corrupted her with tales of bears and Mighty GrinsTM, and, yes, she knows who the real heroine of the X-Men is), but this figure is beautiful. I'm glad my first Sideshow figure is one of my all-time favorite Jedi Masters.

Darth Cruel
07-09-2006, 06:44 AM
You know, when I was (seemingly) the first person on the face of the Earth to get Anakin...I kinda got spoiled. Now that other people are recieving Kit and I have not even seen a shipping notice...I am jealous. Bring on Kit Fisto!

AmanaMatt
07-09-2006, 10:57 AM
I always seem to get my 'Items shipped' notice well after others....I do not get their ordering pattern, but its cool.

BlueSnags
07-09-2006, 11:16 AM
Didn't get any shipping notice yet either.:cry:

Hellboy
07-09-2006, 11:52 AM
Mine is due to arrive on Wednesday. :grin:

JediTricks
07-09-2006, 04:20 PM
Congrats on the get Chux, I posted it in the news.

AmanaMatt
07-10-2006, 07:38 PM
Just got my Shipping e-mail confirmation! Should have it this week....!

BlueSnags
07-10-2006, 09:38 PM
Just got my shipping confirmation as well. Kit should be here very soon.:yes:

decadentdave
07-10-2006, 09:48 PM
I hope mine doesn't arrive while I'm in San Diego next week for Comic Con. I'm leaving Monday. If Fedex leaves Kit on my doorstep while I'm gone there's gonna be hell to pay.

Darth Cruel
07-12-2006, 07:10 PM
Sideshow FINALLY took the money out for the figures. I am stoked to get this figure!

BlueSnags
07-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Mine showed up last night and it is cool. You guys are gonna love it.:yes:

Reefer Shark
07-12-2006, 10:11 PM
I'm still waiting for the comic shop to get 'em in. Can't wait, the figure does look pretty damn cool.

Hellboy
07-12-2006, 11:15 PM
Kit arrived today and I'm very pleased with how he turned out. I'll be shocked if everybody isn't completely satisfied with this one. :pleased:

The Battle Droid head is pretty cool but nothing special really. :neutral:

As usual the packaging is quite nice and I was surprised to see that Kit's box is almost 2 inches thicker than Luke and Anakin's.

Darth Cruel
07-13-2006, 09:51 AM
The anticipation has been killing me. But I finally got notified that Sideshow "reserved" the money. And then last night and this morning all the email notifications started rolling in. The tracking page says he's about 40 miles away this morning...I expect to get him today.

Jayspawn
07-17-2006, 12:58 PM
Mine is being processed now. I've heard GREAT reviews on him so I'm really excited about Kit!

Turbowars
07-17-2006, 09:09 PM
Got him last week and am very happy with him. Nice to get a figure from SS that has never been made in the 12" format before. Not to excited about the Droid head though. I want to see alternate heads and Council chairs for exclusives.:thumbsup:

jonthejedi
07-19-2006, 01:11 PM
I received my non-exclusive version today...a day early in fact! Thank you Fed Ex. I'm looking forward to Obi-Wan.

AmanaMatt
07-19-2006, 11:41 PM
Got him last week and am very happy with him. Nice to get a figure from SS that has never been made in the 12" format before. Not to excited about the Droid head though. I want to see alternate heads and Council chairs for exclusives.:thumbsup:

Heck, don't want the head, Pm me and I'll take it off your hands for a fair trade or whatnot! (I have no shame to do this, I know!)

I was on the bubble with Kit - not my fav Jedi, but the exclusive sold me and I love it - he will never be opened, thus my wanting an extra head, but he is cool - big box, but nice!

dr_evazan22
07-22-2006, 09:43 AM
My fedex guy was F'in with me, left me a note to sign instead of just leaving it. Finally got it Wed, but its still in its brown box as I've had problems here at home that need to get straightened out before I can display Kit.