PDA

View Full Version : Utapau clone may not be as difficult to find as thought

tagmac
01-13-2006, 02:26 PM
EE has new case assortments advertised, which shows a mix of the Carkoon Wave, Hoth Wave, and Geonosis waves, with the Utapau clone appearing in more than once case assortment. Good news for those who thought it would be limited to one per a single case assortment.

JEDIpartner
01-13-2006, 02:35 PM
It's going for pretty cheap at most sites so I think they kinda knew.

Darth Cruel
01-13-2006, 03:06 PM
I read that. It still looks pretty scarce to a troop-builder like me.

DarkArtist
01-13-2006, 04:21 PM
I have a feeling that this will be like the #41 clone where in intial shipments he was hard to find, but after a month they were like roaches falling off the pegs. The last Target I went into before Christmas the pegs were covered in Neimodians and #41 Clones.

Blue2th
01-13-2006, 09:34 PM
I don't know, these could be hard to find. With less figures being put out on the shelves. I'm already having a hard time finding the AT-AT driver. I've seen the Hoth wave 3 or 4 times and he's always missing. Guess I have to intensify the hunt. Hope the Trooper isn't this hard.

Darth Cruel
01-14-2006, 07:54 AM
Here is a little tidbit. If the 13 case revisions that Entertainment Earth has listed is all of them right now, the Utapau Clone Trooper has more spaces overall than any other figure. At twelve figures per case times 13 cases, you have 156 figures. Acording to the case breakdowns on EE, 15 of them would be these troopers. That is about 1 in ten figures overall being on of these troopers and 1 more slot than is afforded to Darth Vader (second place with 14 slots).

I am going to post a complete count in new thread. You wont believe the true short-packed figure.

TheBlackDog
01-28-2006, 07:05 AM
IF the case ratios are like current, the competition will become fierce! I have seen Hoth many times since it has come out and have one of everything, but the AT AT, of which I have 4 for my two AT AT walkers. I took a friend hunting tonight because I knew the local Wally's were restocking. He was able to get one of everything and he bought 6 AT AT gunners for his 3 AT AT's.
Here is how the case ratio broke down:
Walmart #1 3 cases of Carkoon (brand new one, two days since opening)
Walmart #2 2 Cases of Hoth (4 AT AT taken by my friend)
Walmart #3 3 Cases of Hoth (6 AT AT drivers, 2 taken by my frend, leaving 4).
Walmart #4 3 Cases of Hoth (6 AT AT drivers and all left).

My point here is Walmarts are getting in here 2 or 3 cases depending on the store. If these were wave 3, and the cases had 1 clone I would have walked away with 11 Clones. Now I am one collector, who would have split that find with 2 or 3 fellow collectors. If someone wants to army build or even if someone wants only 3 or 4 (like me and my other 2 friends do) this figure will become very hard to find initially, so expect a lot of complaining about the case ratios of 2 C3PO's, 2 Yoda, and only 1 Scorch and 1 Clone.

Darth Cruel
01-28-2006, 09:10 AM
IF the case ratios are like current, the competition will become fierce! I have seen Hoth many times since it has come out and have one of everything, but the AT AT, of which I have 4 for my two AT AT walkers. I took a friend hunting tonight because I knew the local Wally's were restocking. He was able to get one of everything and he bought 6 AT AT gunners for his 3 AT AT's.
Here is how the case ratio broke down:
Walmart #1 3 cases of Carkoon (brand new one, two days since opening)
Walmart #2 2 Cases of Hoth (4 AT AT taken by my friend)
Walmart #3 3 Cases of Hoth (6 AT AT drivers, 2 taken by my frend, leaving 4).
Walmart #4 3 Cases of Hoth (6 AT AT drivers and all left).

My point here is Walmarts are getting in here 2 or 3 cases depending on the store. If these were wave 3, and the cases had 1 clone I would have walked away with 11 Clones. Now I am one collector, who would have split that find with 2 or 3 fellow collectors. If someone wants to army build or even if someone wants only 3 or 4 (like me and my other 2 friends do) this figure will become very hard to find initially, so expect a lot of complaining about the case ratios of 2 C3PO's, 2 Yoda, and only 1 Scorch and 1 Clone.

You have to keep in mind that these figures are in wave 4. You can't expect to find them on the pegs until wave 4 is released with the exception of the final case assortment of wave 3 which will have them. When they hit, it will be slow at first because they are coming short-packed in wave 3 assortments, but they will hit pretty hard when wave 4 makes it to the pegs. And after the army builders run out of money, they will be prominent like the #41s were.

Also, I don't know where your Wal-Marts are, but he ones around me get a lot more than 2 or 3 cases at a time. It is just a guess at this point, but I have a feeling that Utapau Clone will be pretty abundant.

jedi master sal
01-28-2006, 08:58 PM
And after the army builders run out of money, they will be prominent like the #41s were.

Heh heh. For me it's more like fill the need rather than run out of money. I can easily get 40 of these like I want. It's trying to find them that's going to be hard. There's a few AB's in my area besides me.

-Sal

jedibear
01-29-2006, 10:03 PM
...My point here is Walmarts are getting in here 2 or 3 cases depending on the store. If these were wave 3, and the cases had 1 clone I would have walked away with 11 Clones. Now I am one collector, who would have split that find with 2 or 3 fellow collectors. If someone wants to army build or even if someone wants only 3 or 4 (like me and my other 2 friends do) this figure will become very hard to find initially, so expect a lot of complaining about the case ratios of 2 C3PO's, 2 Yoda, and only 1 Scorch and 1 Clone.

Wow...2 or 3 cases at a time. Must be nice. My area WM gets ONE CASE a month. ONE CASE. It's gone within minutes after opening it and then the 4 pegs alloted for SW at this store sit empty. No pegwarmers here...

It's exactly the same as it was in the years between movies around here. A whole lot of nothing as far as basic figures go...but if you want a chopper, a Titanium ship or an M&M figure...we've got ton's of those...not to mention a whole endcap at both WM and TRU of lightsabers...lots of lightsabers...

Kidhuman
01-29-2006, 10:56 PM
Wow, one case. I saw eight cases of Hoth the other night, 4 on pegs(seen by four Vaders hanging there) and 4 on the pallets. Must be rough in your neck of the woods.

jedibear
01-30-2006, 08:29 AM
Indeed it is.

JEDIpartner
01-30-2006, 11:20 AM
It's been barren here as well.