PDA

View Full Version : The (non-SW) Film Trivia Game!!

El Chuxter
01-13-2006, 02:32 PM
I've started enough of these that I'm not re-stating the rules.

Which Tim Burton film(s) did the late Phil Hartmann appear in?

Rocketboy
01-13-2006, 03:05 PM
He was in one of the Pee-Wee movies...I forget what one Tim Burton directed.

Captain Spoon
01-13-2006, 03:12 PM
ya, it was Pee Wees Big Adventure, I think he played a newscaster or some type of reporter. Then he played Captain Carl on Pee Wee's Playhouse, not that it's part of the question....hehe

El Chuxter
01-13-2006, 04:37 PM
I didn't post the rules 'cause I thought they were known, but that means Captain Spoon has to post a question!

Rocketboy doesn't get to because he sucks. (Okay, really because he was only half right.)

Captain Spoon
01-13-2006, 08:19 PM
O, hehe my bad I did not know the rules, ok let's see.....
In Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure who was the first historical figure that they "grab" once they get the phone booth.

Kidhuman
01-13-2006, 08:32 PM
Napolean!!!

Ji'dai
01-13-2006, 08:33 PM
In Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure who was the first historical figure that they "grab" once they get the phone booth. So-Krates? Socrates?

El Chuxter
01-13-2006, 10:11 PM
Define "grab."

Napoleon "Short Dead Dude" Bonaparte is the first to come to the present, though not by accident.

Mr The Kid is the first they bring to the present.

And Frood Dude is the first one to actually be "grabbed" (albeit by Genghis Khan, not Bill or Ted).

Captain Spoon
01-14-2006, 11:14 AM
I guesse I should have worded it better, I was going for the first person they meant to get for their report. It wasn't Napoleon, he was an accident, he followed the booth, and it wasn't Socrates, he was second

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-14-2006, 11:45 AM
Wait, back it up . . . which reporter do you mean? The radio one? Or am I forgetting something?

EDIT: I remembered that it's the guy from the drive-in at the end. So, uh, move along.

Kidhuman
01-14-2006, 12:56 PM
It was Billy the kid then, and Chux got it.

Ji'dai
01-15-2006, 10:05 AM
Well, since no one wants to throw out a question or four...

1. What Spider-Man 2 starring actor had a minor role in Raiders of the Lost Ark?

2. What is in the core of Harry Potter's wand?
BONUS QUESTION: What creature donated this item and to whom does this animal belong?

3. What amount/unit of electricity is required to power the time circuits in Doc Brown's DeLorean?
BONUS QUESTION: What town does Marty McFly call home?

4. Who was Kirk and McCoy's Klingon defense counsel during their trial for the assassination of Klingon Chancellor Gorkon?

UKWildcat
01-15-2006, 10:37 AM
1. What Spider-Man 2 starring actor had a minor role in Raiders of the Lost Ark?

This is the only one I know. :ermm: Alfred Molina (Doc Ock.)

Ji'dai
01-15-2006, 11:50 AM
This is the only one I know. :ermm: Alfred Molina (Doc Ock.) That is correct! Alfred Molina was Doc Ock in Spider-Man 2 and also appeared as the ill-fated Satipo ("you throw me the idol, I throw you the whip!") in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

---
Still some left:

2. What is in the core of Harry Potter's wand?
BONUS QUESTION: What creature donated this item and to whom does this animal belong?

3. What amount/unit of electricity is required to power the time circuits in Doc Brown's DeLorean?

4. Who was Kirk and McCoy's Klingon defense counsel during their trial for the assassination of Klingon Chancellor Gorkon?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-15-2006, 12:00 PM
Harry's wand core is the tail feather of Fawkes the phoenix, who belongs to Dumbledore. Coincidentally - or not? - Fawkes gave one other feather, which is in Voldemort's wand.

Kidhuman
01-15-2006, 12:03 PM
1.21 jiggawatts(sp?) for doc brown. Cant remember the town.

El Chuxter
01-15-2006, 12:03 PM
I think it's 8.7 gigawatts to power the flux capacitor. Can't recall the name of the town off-hand, though.

Ah, KH, I see we posted simultaneously, and at the same time, too. One or both of us is wrong about the power. :)

Kidhuman
01-15-2006, 12:08 PM
Mine is correct. The 8.7 comes from the MPH to start the flux copacitor, which is 88 miles an hour.

El Chuxter
01-15-2006, 12:17 PM
Well, I got the spelling of gigawatts right, so I should get credit. :p

Just kidding. Have a fun time coming up with a new question.

Kidhuman
01-15-2006, 12:22 PM
New Question.....

How many cartoon sequences are in the movie Pink Floyd: The Wall?

Ji'dai
01-15-2006, 01:18 PM
JabbaJohn was right about the Harry Potter question. Dumbledore's phoenix Fawkes gave two feathers for two wands, which were later sold to Harry and Voldemort.

KH is right about the 1.21 gigawatts needed to power the time circuits. Chuxter got the spelling right.

----
Still two left though:

----
KH's question:

Kidhuman
01-15-2006, 01:32 PM
It was Hill Valley.

Ji'dai
01-15-2006, 01:35 PM
Yep, Hill Valley is Marty McFly's hometown.

----
Only one of mine left:

----
KH's question:
How many cartoon sequences are in the movie Pink Floyd: The Wall?[/QUOTE]

JediTricks
01-15-2006, 03:11 PM
4. Who was Kirk and McCoy's Klingon defense counsel during their trial for the assassination of Klingon Chancellor Gorkon? Colonel Worf

Where is the "bouncing stone" gaffe - where a large stone falls and is given a very heavy sound effect as it hits the ground but in the shot its shadow shows the lightweight prop bounce - in Raiders of the Lost Ark?

Kidhuman
01-16-2006, 12:03 AM
I shall repost my question as well...

El Chuxter
01-23-2006, 05:52 PM
Seven? Total guess.

Kidhuman
01-24-2006, 12:48 AM
Wrong :beard:

UKWildcat
01-24-2006, 10:23 AM
Four? Another total guess.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-24-2006, 04:40 PM
Uhh, I've never seen it, but I'll go for nine.

Anyway, which two Star Wars actors appear in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and who do they play (in both SW and Charlie)?

El Chuxter
01-24-2006, 04:59 PM
Dude, that's totally cheating if you don't know you're right!

Christopher Lee played Count Dooku and Dr Wonka. Blanking on #2.

JediTricks
01-24-2006, 08:03 PM
Gurdeep "Deep" Roy was all the Oompa Loompas in C&tCF and Droopy McCool in ROTJ.

BTW, this is the "non-SW" trivia thread. :p

I'll re-ask my previous question and give it 2 more days:

Where is the "bouncing stone" gaffe - where a large stone falls and is given a very heavy sound effect as it hits the ground but in the shot its shadow shows the lightweight prop bounce - in Raiders of the Lost Ark?

UKWildcat
01-24-2006, 08:59 PM
I'll re-ask my previous question and give it 2 more days:

Oh no... not that question again. :p

Rocketboy
01-24-2006, 09:10 PM
Where is the "bouncing stone" gaffe - where a large stone falls and is given a very heavy sound effect as it hits the ground but in the shot its shadow shows the lightweight prop bounce - in Raiders of the Lost Ark?I remember seeing this, but I can't remember what part and it's driving me nuts. I'm about to go rewatch it.

Kidhuman
01-25-2006, 12:51 AM
Four? Another total guess.

You are all wrong, the answer is three.....

The Trial
Goodbye Blue Sky
The wall Part III

Slicker
01-25-2006, 06:10 AM
Where is the "bouncing stone" gaffe - where a large stone falls and is given a very heavy sound effect as it hits the ground but in the shot its shadow shows the lightweight prop bounce - in Raiders of the Lost Ark?I didn't even see that question. Huh.

Anywho the answer is when Indy and Marion are getting out of the chamber with the snakes. The stone he pulls from the wall to get out drops then bounces...I think that's the part at least.

Now for my question that I've been waiting to give.

How many ridges are on the edge of a US dime?

And yes I just know this one OK.

Kidhuman
01-25-2006, 07:15 AM
Answer to Slickers question.....

Who gives a s**t

CaptainSolo1138
01-25-2006, 08:32 AM
As luck would have it, this is one of them things that I "just know" as well. The answer is 118.

What artist had the first "Greatest Hits" album? (I will allow Googling on this)

El Chuxter
01-25-2006, 08:33 AM
You mean the first compilation or the first album actually called "Greatest Hits"?

That's more of a non-SW, non-film trivia question. :p

CaptainSolo1138
01-25-2006, 09:17 AM
That's more of a non-SW, non-film trivia question. :p
Indeed it is. I always forget which trivia thread I'm posting in. Let's scratch that question and try this one:

Martin Scorsese's mama has a role in "Goodfellas". Who does she play?

Kidhuman
01-25-2006, 01:23 PM
Joe Pesce's mom.

CaptainSolo1138
01-25-2006, 02:06 PM
You are correct.

JediTricks
01-25-2006, 03:20 PM
I didn't even see that question. Huh.

Anywho the answer is when Indy and Marion are getting out of the chamber with the snakes. The stone he pulls from the wall to get out drops then bounces...I think that's the part at least.

Now for my question that I've been waiting to give.

And yes I just know this one OK. You are correct sir! Your question though was not film-related.

What movie features arguably the very first time a scene was shot in a moving car in a real environment rather than in the studio via effects or process?

El Chuxter
01-25-2006, 04:26 PM
Casablanca?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-25-2006, 05:51 PM
Just so you know, the Dooku/Wilbur Wonka and Droopy McCool/Oompa Loompa was correct.

And I didn't know whether to post it here or in the SW, since it was half and half.

JediTricks
01-26-2006, 08:25 PM
Casablanca?Nope, try again...

Not a prob JabbaJohn, I just figured any question with SW should go in that thread since it's still alive.

JediTricks
01-27-2006, 07:41 PM
Here's a hint, the movie was directed by a famous actor.

El Chuxter
01-27-2006, 10:49 PM
Citizen Kane?

JediTricks
01-28-2006, 02:32 PM
Right director, wrong movie.

El Chuxter
01-29-2006, 04:06 PM
Even though it doesn't make a tremendous amount of sense, I'm going with MacBeth, then. I don't know a whole lot of movies the guy directed. He didn't direct that awesome film that featured his final role.

"No one summons Megatron!"
"Then it pleases me to be the first."

JediTricks
01-29-2006, 05:47 PM
Even though it doesn't make a tremendous amount of sense, I'm going with MacBeth, then. I don't know a whole lot of movies the guy directed. He didn't direct that awesome film that featured his final role.

"No one summons Megatron!"
"Then it pleases me to be the first."
Um, you remember a lot of cars in MacBeth? ;)

What movie features arguably the very first time a scene was shot in a moving car in a real environment rather than in the studio via effects or process?

Ji'dai
01-29-2006, 08:20 PM
Um, you remember a lot of cars in MacBeth? ;) Out, damn Studebaker!

I'll cheat but still have to guess - The Magnificent Ambersons.

El Chuxter
01-30-2006, 08:51 AM
I was thinking maybe some sort of horseback scene. ;)

JediTricks
01-30-2006, 03:55 PM
Out, damn Studebaker!

I'll cheat but still have to guess - The Magnificent Ambersons. Nope, that's not the one. I've never seen "Ambersons" but doesn't it take place before the advent of the automobile too?

I guess this lil ol question of mine really *is* movie trivia, huh?

Ji'dai
01-30-2006, 07:09 PM
I haven't seen Ambersons either, so it was just a guess. According to trivia over on IMDb, "The scenes with the automobile ride with the snow were filmed in an abandoned icehouse instead of the RKO stage reserved for such shots." So I thought, hey, that might be it.

JediTricks
01-30-2006, 09:03 PM
Oh, ok, I see. You misunderstood the trivia there, the icehouse was CONVERTED into a studio set to make a "driving in the snow" scene, but they weren't supposed to be driving in an icehouse in the scene itself. I can see where you'd get that idea though.

JediTricks
01-31-2006, 02:18 PM
Ok, it's been a week, I'm just gonna give it: the answer was 1958's Touch of Evil, starring Charlton Heston - as a Mexican narcotics agent - who in the car scene not only drove, but also turned on the lights and camera.

El Chuxter
01-31-2006, 02:27 PM
Shenanigans! Charlton Heston is not Orson Welles!! Shenanigans! Shenanigans, I say! :mad:

:p

JediTricks
01-31-2006, 02:47 PM
I said it was DIRECTED by a famous actor: Welles. He wasn't the main star, though he was a major character in the film.

Hard to beleive it took them till 1958 to film a scene in a car that wasn't in a studio.

El Chuxter
01-31-2006, 04:26 PM
Shenanigans retracted. I mis-read your post and thought you were now saying Charlton Heston directed.

Ji'dai
01-31-2006, 08:29 PM
Not surprising about the non-studio car shot not happening until 1958. Probably more cost effective doing it in the studio. It's not uncommon to see films from that era with scenes of people pulling their cars up to a house and then everyone, including the driver, sliding across the front seat and getting out the passenger side. I suppose it saved time and money shooting it that way.

Ji'dai
02-06-2006, 10:24 AM
1. "Cold Mountain" is located in what Confederate State?

2. What is the ECTO-1 and what organization uses it?

3. The white horse Shadowfax, swiftest in all Rohan, was the favored mount of what individual?

4. What is the name of Hellboy's adoptive human father?

BONUS QUESTION: What organization does this person head?

5. How many pieces of Aztec gold did Captain Barbossa and his cursed crew need to recover in order to lift the curse?

CaptainSolo1138
02-06-2006, 12:03 PM
1. "Cold Mountain" is located in what Confederate State?
North Carolina

2. What is the ECTO-1 and what organization uses it?The fancy mobile used by the Ghostbusters

Captain Spoon
02-06-2006, 12:28 PM
Gandalf the White

Professor Trevor Bruttenholm
Bureau of paranomal research

One piece of gold

JimJamBonds
02-06-2006, 02:02 PM
5. How many pieces of Aztec gold did Captain Barbossa and his cursed crew need to recover in order to lift the curse?

200? Although as Captain Spoon pointed out at the start of the film only one more piece was needed.

Ji'dai
02-06-2006, 02:05 PM
North Carolina

The fancy mobile used by the Ghostbusters Correct! ECTO-1 was a modified hearse.

Gandalf the White

Professor Trevor Bruttenholm Correct!

Bureau of paranomal research

One piece of gold Nope! You're close on Bruttenholm's organization. There was more than one piece of cursed Aztec gold!

---
Still two left:

BONUS QUESTION: What organization does this person (Prof. Broom Bruttenholm) head?

JediTricks
02-06-2006, 03:41 PM
Correct! ECTO-1 was a modified hearse.The Ectomobile was a modified 1959 Cadillac ambulance, though the '59 Caddy ambulance body was also used for hearses at the time, they did not have the sirens and lights, the one in the movie was indeed a former ambulance (in fact, the actual vehicle when the filmmakers bought it still had a gurney in the back).

Kidhuman
02-06-2006, 04:13 PM
Wasnt it 500 pieces of gold that were in the chest?

Ji'dai
02-06-2006, 06:41 PM
Interesting piece of Ghostbusters trivia, JT.
Wasnt it 500 pieces of gold that were in the chest? I'll give ya hint: The number of Aztec gold coins is greater than 500 but less than the amount that would give Chuck Norris a pimple on his left *** cheek (and that would likely clear up within a few hours) ;)

---

Still two left:

BONUS QUESTION: What organization does this person (Prof. Broom Bruttenholm) head?

Ji'dai
02-10-2006, 02:24 PM
It's been nearly a week so here are the answers:

BONUS QUESTION: What organization does this person (Prof. Broom Bruttenholm) head? Bureau of Paranormal Research and Defense
5. How many pieces of Aztec gold did Captain Barbossa and his cursed crew need to recover in order to lift the curse? There were 882 pieces of Aztec gold.

Ji'dai
02-14-2006, 06:49 PM
Hollywood Boneyards for $1000, please:

1. Blondie, Tuco, and Angel Eyes sought what cemetery in order to get their hands on 200,000 dollars in stolen army payroll supposedly buried there?

BONUS QUESTION: What was the name on the grave that actually contained the buried loot?

2. Bill's brother Budd gave 'The Bride' a "Texas funeral" - by burying her alive in whose grave?

3. Harry Potter stood by helplessly as fellow student Cedric Diggory was struck down by an Unforgivable Curse in what town's churchyard?

BONUS QUESTION: Wormtail needed bone dust from what grave in order to conduct the magic rite that resurrected Lord Voldemort to true corporeal form?

4. Suicide, Trash, Scuz, Spider, Casey, Chuck, and Tina partied down in what graveyard the night that saw the return of the living dead?

Slicker
02-14-2006, 07:07 PM
I only know the answer to #1 and the cemetary is Sad Hill and the gold is in the unknown grave next to Arch Stanton...I think that's the name on it.

Ji'dai
02-14-2006, 07:20 PM
I only know the answer to #1 and the cemetary is Sad Hill and the gold is in the unknown grave next to Arch Stanton...I think that's the name on it. There are two kinds of people in this world... those with correct answers and those who dig. You happen to be correct on both counts.

---
Still some left:
2. Bill's brother Budd gave 'The Bride' a "Texas funeral" - by burying her alive in whose grave?

3. Harry Potter stood by helplessly as fellow student Cedric Diggory was struck down by an Unforgivable Curse in what town's churchyard?

BONUS QUESTION: Wormtail needed bone dust from what grave in order to conduct the magic rite that resurrected Lord Voldemort to true corporeal form?

4. Suicide, Trash, Scuz, Spider, Casey, Chuck, and Tina partied down in what graveyard the night that saw the return of the living dead?

UKWildcat
02-14-2006, 09:15 PM

Resurrection Cemetary...

Great movie!

El Chuxter
02-14-2006, 11:13 PM
I know the bone Wormtail used was from the senior Tom Riddle.

Ji'dai
02-15-2006, 12:01 PM
Resurrection Cemetary...

Great movie! Correct! You get your choice of split dogs from the medical supply warehouse!

I know the bone Wormtail used was from the senior Tom Riddle. Yes, blood (Harry's), bone (Tom Riddle Sr.), and flesh (Wormtail's) were needed to resurrect Voldemort.

---
Two left:

Ji'dai
02-21-2006, 12:02 PM
And the answers are:

2. Bill's brother Budd gave 'The Bride' a "Texas funeral" - by burying her alive in whose grave? The Bride was buried alive in 'The Lonely Grave of Paula Shultz.'
3. Harry Potter stood by helplessly as fellow student Cedric Diggory was struck down by an Unforgivable Curse in what town's churchyard? Harry and Cedric were transported by the portkey to the churchyard in Little Hangleton, where the young Hufflepuff met his end.

JediTricks
02-21-2006, 03:43 PM
Paula Schultz, not Shultz.

Ji'dai
02-21-2006, 06:10 PM
If you knew that, why didn't you answer the trivia question? It's been sittin' out there for a week.

JediTricks
02-21-2006, 10:01 PM
I didn't see it until it was answered.

Rocketboy
03-11-2006, 12:55 AM
Time for some good ol' fashioned Back to the Future questions (some of which will be pretty easy if your a fan)!

Who was originally cast as Marty McFly (and even filmed some scenes befroe being replaced)?
Bonus: Despite being replaced, he still appears very briefly in the movie as Marty - where?

Doc Brown had 2 dogs. Name them.

On what dates is the Hill Valley clock tower started and stopped?
Bonus points for the exact times.

Doc Brown's full name is Emmett Lathrop Brown. What is the hidden meaning behind his first and middle names?
(Note: His middle name was never actually revealed in the movies)

Name the family (first and last names) that causes trouble for the McFlys through time.

Name the 4 main dates in the BTTF trilogy.

Doc Brown and Clara end up having 2 children. Name them.

Kidhuman
03-11-2006, 01:07 AM
The Tannons(sp?) are the family causing the McFlys trouble. Biff is the main one.

1 of Doc Browns dogs is Einstein

Time of the clock stopping was 11:55 pm.

Ji'dai
03-11-2006, 09:00 AM
Time for some good ol' fashioned Back to the FutureDoc Brown had 2 dogs. Name them. Copernicus was the 1955 dog.

Name the 4 main dates in the BTTF trilogy. 1885, 1955, 1985, and 2015.

Doc Brown and Clara end up having 2 children. Name them. Jules and Verne, named in honor of the sci-fi fantasy author.

Rocketboy
03-11-2006, 10:58 AM
Eintstein and Copernicus were Docs dogs.
1885, 1955, 1985, and 2015 are right.
And Jules and Verne were Doc's kids.
Biff Tannen is right. There are still 2 more.

Besides Biff, name the other two Tannens.

Who was originally cast as Marty McFly (and even filmed some scenes befroe being replaced)?
Bonus: Despite being replaced, he still appears very briefly in the movie as Marty - where?

Bonus points for the exact times.

Doc Brown's full name is Emmett Lathrop Brown. What is the hidden meaning behind his first and middle names?
(Note: His middle name was never actually revealed in the movies)

JediTricks
03-12-2006, 07:18 PM
Besides Biff, name the other two Tannens.Griff and Buford.

Bonus: Despite being replaced, he still appears very briefly in the movie as Marty - where?Eric Stolz. I believe he's seen driving the Delorean while being chased by the terrorists.

Bonus points for the exact times.Sept 5th, 1885... 8pm I think? Nov 12th, 1955, 10:04pm... exactly. ;)

(Note: His middle name was never actually revealed in the movies)Emmett is phonetically backwards for the spelling of "t-i-m-e". I dunno the middle name one though.

Slicker
03-12-2006, 07:20 PM
Well, JT since you gave me the Emmett-time one then I'm gonna say that Lathrop is a spelling for portal backwards so in essence it's time portal. Just a guess but it sounds like it'll be correct.

Rocketboy
03-12-2006, 07:42 PM
Griff and Buford.Yep and yep.

Eric Stolz. I believe he's seen driving the Delorean while being chased by the terrorists.Yes and No. It was Stoltz, but not that part. And since it's the only part of my questions that haven't been answered, I'll go ahead and give the answer - it's the shot of Marty diving into the Delorian.

Sept 5th, 1885... 8pm I think? Nov 12th, 1955, 10:04pm... exactly. ;) Yep and yep again.

Emmett is phonetically backwards for the spelling of "t-i-m-e". I dunno the middle name one though.And yes again.

Well, JT since you gave me the Emmett-time one then I'm gonna say that Lathrop is a spelling for portal backwards so in essence it's time portal. Just a guess but it sounds like it'll be correct.Yep, good guess Slick.

JediTricks
03-12-2006, 08:28 PM
It was Stoltz, but not that part. And since it's the only part of my questions that haven't been answered, I'll go ahead and give the answer - it's the shot of Marty diving into the Delorian.You sure about that? Got a source? I only ask 'cause I kinda remember the DVD saying something about him driving, not jumping in because I thought you could see Fox's face when he dives into the car.

Rocketboy
03-12-2006, 10:05 PM
You sure about that? Got a source? I only ask 'cause I kinda remember the DVD saying something about him driving, not jumping in because I thought you could see Fox's face when he dives into the car.I thought they pointed that out in the dvd extras, but I couldn't find it. But if you pause the movie when Marty dives into the car, you see Marty from the side and it sure doesn't look much like Michael J Fox, IMO.
This isn't an official source, but I found this (http://www.jhallman.com/bttfprops/part_1.htm) online:

Eric Stoltz, who was originally cast as Marty McFly, can still be seen in several scenes. When the Lybians shoot at Marty and he dives into the car, the person actually diving into the DeLorean is Eric Stoltz. You can also catch a glimpse of him when Biff hits Marty during their encounter in Lou's Diner.

JediTricks
03-13-2006, 08:40 PM
Interesting, I'll have to check it out, I just watched the movies a few weeks ago but haven't watched the DVD extras in quite some time.

Ji'dai
03-22-2006, 09:21 PM
Join the family, take the omerta, get your button, and get made by answering the following questions. And don't worry, we'll take care of dat thing for ya.

1. What was the name of Michael Corleone's first wife?

BONUS QUESTION TO DODGE FEDERAL WIRETAP: How did she die?

2. What Sopranos actor was shot in the foot and then murdered by hot-headed "Goodfella" Tommy DeVito?

3. What was the name of the gangster flick used by Kevin McCallister to scare off intruders when he was Home Alone?

GET EXTRA CREDIT & BEAT THE RAP: Kevin's tape was a spoof of what popular 30's gangster film?

4. Eliot Ness' "Untouchable" Irish beat cop Jim Malone was capped by what Capone hit man?

El Chuxter
03-22-2006, 11:58 PM
#3: Angels with Dirty Faces, I think.

Kidhuman
03-23-2006, 12:46 AM
#4. Frank Nitti.

Slicker
03-23-2006, 12:49 AM
In Goodfellas the kids name was Spider if that gets me any points.

His whole families just a buncha rats.

Ji'dai
03-23-2006, 10:32 AM
#3: Angels with Dirty Faces, I think. You got the extra credit part right. Angels with Dirty Faces, the 1938 film starring James Cagney and Pat O'Brien, was spoofed in Home Alone under a different title.
#4. Frank Nitti. Correct! Eliot Ness' "Untouchable" Irish beat cop Jim Malone was capped by Capone hit man Frank Nitti. The real Nitti didn't die as shown in the film though, I believed he took over Capone's business after the crime lord was jailed for tax evasion.
In Goodfellas the kids name was Spider if that gets me any points. His whole families just a buncha rats. Sorry, I'm looking for the actor's name and maybe the role he plays on The Sopranos. He's a major player on the HBO series.

---
Still some left:

2. What Sopranos actor was shot in the foot and then murdered by hot-headed "Goodfella" Tommy DeVito?

3. What was the name of the gangster flick used by Kevin McCallister to scare off intruders when he was Home Alone?

Kidhuman
03-23-2006, 10:35 AM
Michael Imperioli is Spider

Ji'dai
03-23-2006, 10:45 AM
Michael Imperioli is Spider Correct! Imperioli plays Tony Soprano's "nephew" Christopher Moltisanti. Imperioli's character was shot in the foot and then murdered by hot-headed "Goodfella" Tommy DeVito. In the Sopranos first season, Moltisanti shot a baker in the foot in a homage to his Goodfellas role.

---
Still some left:

El Chuxter
03-23-2006, 11:59 AM
Interesting, I thought I had the answer to the question, not the bonus question. :)

Anyone who murders Christopher is a douchebag in my book. :mad:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-23-2006, 04:21 PM
Pretty sure the movie was either "Angels with Filthy Souls" or "Angels with Dirty Souls" . . . can't quite remember which it was. I'm leaning towards the former.

Ji'dai
03-24-2006, 11:27 AM
Pretty sure the movie was either "Angels with Filthy Souls" or "Angels with Dirty Souls" . . . can't quite remember which it was. I'm leaning towards the former. Yeah, youse is right. Kevin watches Angels with Filthy Souls in Home Alone. In the Home Alone sequel, Kevin uses the "sequel," Angels with Filthier Souls.

---
Two left:

Ji'dai
05-25-2006, 02:11 PM
What was the name of Michael Corleone's first wife?

How did she die? Apollonia was Michael Corleone's first wife. She died in a car bomb explosion intended for her husband.