PDA

View Full Version : Coruscant Wave

JediTricks
01-13-2006, 06:10 PM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=32128

Interesting selection, but what the hell is Exploding Grievous doing there? Hopefully that's not the final version they're gonna put in here.

Muftak Jedi is almost laughable, but at the same time he does seem like the Clone Wars character so I'm sure some fans will dig it. Holo Ki-Adi-Mundi looks surprisingly good. Looks like ROTS Obi-Wan Pilot is getting a cloth robe and maybe more work done to the body, and Anakin finally is getting a basic figure that's not embarassing (though the likeness seems weird in the photo, possibly due to a lack of eyebrows or something).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-13-2006, 06:22 PM
Lushros Dofine: Pegwarmer of the Year 2006. But I do like his readout display.

Gee Hasbro, way to go all out on Foul Moudama. 90% of the damn figure is Muftak! His shoes and skirt are LAME. But I'll still get it anyway. :D

Anakin appears to be the original Lightsaber Attack one with a new cloak. Disappointing.

Ki-Adi-Mundi looks great. He'll go well with Plo Koon.

Looks like they kitbashed a few different Grievouses for this one. I'll wait and see.

Obi-Wan looks like they added a cloak to the pilot one. Useless.

Cody and the clone still look great, of course.

JediTricks
01-13-2006, 06:31 PM
Anakin appears to be the original Lightsaber Attack one with a new cloak. Disappointing.Hmm, the hairline and weird face sculpt suggest you are right about that, which is not good since that figure is AWFUL.

You could be right about white Grievous too, but I think he does look like the exploding one with a different cape.

pug205
01-13-2006, 06:34 PM
Pretty boring wave this one, with 50% repacks in there.

Grevious looks to be a repainted sneak preview figure now with a staff.

Obi and Anakin are given cloth robes (which should of been on obi-wan in the sep of the twins edition instead of the plastic robe) and ki-adi is made into a hologram.

Will prob get Cody and Clone even though im going back to OT figures only, as they look great and my set of clones would look unfinished without them.

trandoshan666
01-13-2006, 07:00 PM
I kind of like the Muftak Jedi, for some reason. But all in all, this wave doesn't look that impressive. I'll wait until I see them in person before I pass final judgment, though. Translation: I'll end up buying all of them.

Devo
01-13-2006, 07:16 PM
Hmm. Bit of a let-down on this wave. Foul Moudama is entirely Muftak with a tunic and boots...really ridiculous boots. I was hoping for a preposed double-handed sabre grip for this figure - I'll probably buy him but he falls below my expectations.

The Anakin definitely looks like a repack of #2 Anakin....again....a frankly insulting choice considering we have the far superior Evolutions ROTS Anakin. And wheres the sense in mixing a great Obi-wan figure with this really crap Anakin figure?? Maybe the next time theres a wave with both characters in it we'll get Evolutions Anakin and a 'much demanded' return of #1 Obi-wan. I really was expecting Pilot Obi and Evolutions anakin in this wave.

Won't be arsed with Grievous unless the cardback is really nice, the clones, Lushros and Ki-adi are alright.

Kidhuman
01-13-2006, 07:19 PM
Well, I was hoping to pass on the repacks, but the soft goods I will have to buy. Might pass on Grievous, but with the staff, he might be better toi go on the wheel bike.

figrin bran
01-13-2006, 09:05 PM
i was hoping to pass on the repacks too but i'll buy that obi wan just for the soft goods cloak.

i'm definitely buying foul moudama. that's how he looked in the cartoon and so i don't find it "ridiculous" ;) and it'll go great with the roron corrob custom i made. it looks like EE cropped the photo on that figure since there's no way the Muftak mold should appear shorter than all the other figures shown.

i wasn't expecting to get lushros but that readout might be enough to sway me.

Blue2th
01-13-2006, 09:25 PM
I like to order these by the case if the assortments are good. Seems every case has at least 2 Vaders. Think I'll settle for the one with Scorch. It's missing Obi-Wan, but I think I can pick him up later. At least it has 2 clones.

Darth Cruel
01-13-2006, 11:28 PM
That Utapau trooper looks a heck of a lot like a #6 now. I hope that is not the case.

Battle Droid
01-13-2006, 11:48 PM
It's not, you can tell by the belt.

TheDarthVader
01-14-2006, 12:09 AM
These look pretty decent. I will be getting anakin, obi wan, muftak jedi, the clones, dofine, pilot, and ki adi.

B.
TDV

JediTricks
01-14-2006, 12:41 AM
That Utapau trooper looks a heck of a lot like a #6 now. I hope that is not the case. #6's lower chest armor is shaped correctly and has no gap there because it's not articulated, this isn't the case with this Utapau clone. That and the solid left shoulder and nonsymmetrical helmet face sculpt and the upside-down belt boxes say "#41" to me.

El Chuxter
01-14-2006, 01:39 AM
Wow! I can re-enact the scene where Grievous explodes after a fight with Lushros Dofine, melting the carbonite in the process and freeing Han to rescue Anakin from Darth Vader!!

I really, really hope Foul is shrunk down for this image, which looks like the case. (There appears to be some none too subtle Photoshopping around his head.) He should be huge.

Foul, Cody, a new Ki-Adi, a new Clonetrooper, and a Neimoidian who doesn't have a huge rocket-firing rifle. . . Did I say just yesterday I was losing interest?

figrin bran
01-14-2006, 02:07 AM
Wow! I can re-enact the scene where Grievous explodes after a fight with Lushros Dofine, melting the carbonite in the process and freeing Han to rescue Anakin from Darth Vader!!

I really, really hope Foul is shrunk down for this image, which looks like the case. (There appears to be some none too subtle Photoshopping around his head.) He should be huge.

Foul, Cody, a new Ki-Adi, a new Clonetrooper, and a Neimoidian who doesn't have a huge rocket-firing rifle. . . Did I say just yesterday I was losing interest?

chuxter, i'm pretty sure that it is indeed photoshopped. knowing what we know about hasbro and their tendency to rehash older molds whenever possible to cut down on costs, the only reason we're getting a foul moudama is so that they can use the muftak mold. and so if it is the muftak mold, then the figure should be towering above the anakin and grievous in the EE photo.

now if it is a shrunk down moudama, that would require them to make a smaller version of the muftak mold and once again, knowing what we know of hasbro, there's very little chance of that happening and so we can throw that theory out the window.

Phantom-like Menace
01-14-2006, 03:16 AM
I'm curious too what size Foul will be. If he is as large as Muftak, it would seem to go against Habro's statement that Ephant Mon was too large for single card, though I've never seen Ephant Mon in person, so Muftak could be drastically smaller.

Either way, I was hoping Foul would look better. Hasbro is finally answering some of our prayers with EU figures, so I have to get him if I find him. I'm wondering if he would look better with bare feet instead of those monstorous boots.

plasticfetish
01-14-2006, 03:23 AM
chuxter, i'm pretty sure that it is indeed photoshopped.You can tell that the photo's been manipulated, because Han's carbonite block is standing upright. :neutral:

A cloth cloak on that Obi-Wan figure will be enough of a reason for me to buy another one. That's a nice surprise right there. ROTS #2 Anakin with a softgoods cloak is a bit less exciting. Commander Cody and his Clone Trooper friend look like fun. I'm always up for another Neimoidian. Holo Ki-Adi looks very cool. (I liked the regular figure a lot also, but maybe the cloth part could have been used in blue.) I think Foul Moudama looks just a little silly, but I'm really happy to have it. It's a fun figure. Grievous... well, unless it also grants wishes or something, I don't need it. (Looks like a repaint of the preview figure to me.)

Not a bad bunch at all. There's some stuff in there that I'm looking forward to.

Bacta Beast
01-14-2006, 04:12 AM
The Anakin definitely looks like a repack of #2 Anakin....again....a frankly insulting choice considering we have the far superior Evolutions ROTS Anakin. And wheres the sense in mixing a great Obi-wan figure with this really crap Anakin figure?? Maybe the next time theres a wave with both characters in it we'll get Evolutions Anakin and a 'much demanded' return of #1 Obi-wan. I really was expecting Pilot Obi and Evolutions anakin in this wave.

And not to mention that's the same scuplt of Anni that they used in the Target cup set, the Wal-Mart collector's case, and the TRU starfighter! So if anyones was sucker enough to buy all those sets (pointing finger at self) after having bought the original single carded version when they were first released (pointing again at self) and then showing further signs of stupidity by purchasing both "dooku" sabre variations (yep, still me):rolleyes: . Let see, I have six already, and Hasbroke would like me to buy a fourth, just so I can get a cloth goods cloak! Would it have kileed then to use the "Evolution sculpt?!!!1:mad: Heys Hasbro, here's an idea, take "Evolutions" ROTS Anakin, replace his arms with the Evolutions AOTC Anakin's arms, paint his boots like the AOTC version, but keep the ankle joints. You're saving money buy using existing molds, which you love doing. And I promise to buy at least two! And I'll bet I'm not the only one!

mikey1974
01-14-2006, 08:12 AM
i can deal with most of that,since like 60% of those guys were involved in the batlle of coruscant either on the ground (foul moudama in CW),or space on the invisible hand (anakin,obi-wan,grevious,neimodian).....ki-adi...well,i can deal too,as well as the 2 clones,since any chance to get more of them out is a good thing as they'll fly off the pegs....vader...eh....i guess at this point it's become obvious they'll put vader in wherever they can( Hasbro: i already own SEVEN vaders: ROTS,operating table,death star duel,VOTC,500th vader,evolutions,and emperor's wrath.....it's going to take one HELL of a new vader to get me to buy another,and this isn't it!)....BUT FREAKING HAN IN CARBONITE!!!!! wrong planet,wrong battle,wrong generation,wrong timeline......really,he stands out like such a sore thumb with all the other PT figures...why would they do this?

JEDIpartner
01-14-2006, 08:51 AM
I'll take a plate of Foul Moudama (you guys DO know that's the name of a Middle Eastern food, don't you?), Cody, 2 Clones and Dofine. Nothing else interests me.

Darth Cruel
01-14-2006, 09:05 AM
I'll take a plate of Foul Moudama (you guys DO know that's the name of a Middle Eastern food, don't you?), Cody, 2 Clones and Dofine. Nothing else interests me.

To be honest...I thought his name was taken from the phrase "foul mouth" (on the off chance that there may be someone who hasn't heard that one...it just refers to cussing).

Jayspawn
01-14-2006, 09:51 AM
I actually like this wave. Theres a few I'll get....

Lushros Dofine will go well with other 'chess piece' Nemodians like Nute, Rune, and Lott.

Obi-Wan might work better in his Starfighter now that he'll get a cloth robe.

The Muftak Jedi looks alright. I bet he'll be popular.

Cody and the Clonetrooper and gonna be the big sellers.

I'll get Holo Ki-Adi Mundi to go along with Holo Aayla and Koon!

DarkArtist
01-14-2006, 10:06 AM
will be getting at least 2 cody's, three clones, maybe two of the fire pilot and two of the neimodian pilot, the muftak jedi and holo ki adi. The rest I not thrilled about, we have to wait and see.

Battle Droid
01-14-2006, 10:09 AM
Cody (x2 One to keep helmeted and unhelmeted.)
Utapau Clone (As many as I can find)
Neimoidian Pilot (Not sure yet, some for pilots, some for Mustafar slaughter fodder, and some for customs like Tey How.)
Fire Speeder Pilot (x4 at least)

General_Grievous
01-14-2006, 11:26 AM
I'll definitely be getting the Clones (Maybe 3 of the Utapau clone), the fire pilot, Lushros Dofine, Holo Ki-Adi and Foul Moudama (cause I loved that guy in the cartoon). The others are up in the air for me. Vader is a repack, so screw that. Grievous looks dull. Anakin looks to be #2 with a soft-goods cloak. The only other one I'm likely to get is Obi-Wan, because it's #55 with a soft goods cloak, which essentially makes it kind of like an Evolutions ROTS Obi-Wan.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-14-2006, 12:28 PM
Cody (x2 One to keep helmeted and unhelmeted.)
Utapau Clone (As many as I can find)
Neimoidian Pilot (Not sure yet, some for pilots, some for Mustafar slaughter fodder, and some for customs like Tey How.)
Fire Speeder Pilot (x4 at least)
I forgot about the Fire Ship Pilot . . . why isn't he in this assortment? I assume he'll be in an upcoming one, with the other Coruscant figures shipped again.

starwarsfan1
01-14-2006, 01:07 PM
And not to mention that's the same scuplt of Anni that they used in the Target cup set, the Wal-Mart collector's case, and the TRU starfighter! So if anyones was sucker enough to buy all those sets (pointing finger at self) after having bought the original single carded version when they were first released (pointing again at self) and then showing further signs of stupidity by purchasing both "dooku" sabre variations (yep, still me):rolleyes: . Let see, I have six already, and Hasbroke would like me to buy a fourth, just so I can get a cloth goods cloak! Would it have kileed then to use the "Evolution sculpt?!!!1:mad: Heys Hasbro, here's an idea, take "Evolutions" ROTS Anakin, replace his arms with the Evolutions AOTC Anakin's arms, paint his boots like the AOTC version, but keep the ankle joints. You're saving money buy using existing molds, which you love doing. And I promise to buy at least two! And I'll bet I'm not the only one!
I wish they used the evolution Anakin too. It just seems stupid to release the same figure 5 times(you forgot the Lava Reflection Anakin). Now this will make the 6th rerelease of Anakin #2. This is over kill even for Hasbro.

Darth Cruel
01-14-2006, 02:57 PM
I forgot about the Fire Ship Pilot . . . why isn't he in this assortment? I assume he'll be in an upcoming one, with the other Coruscant figures shipped again.

He is still in the wave even if he is not in the assortment. All of the assortments from the wave will hit at pretty close to the same time.

UKWildcat
01-14-2006, 03:09 PM
I too will be buying several of the Utapau Clones and Fire Pilots. I'm also looking forward to the Ki-Adi-Mundi holo and Cody. Of course I will be buying the others but I'm not too thrilled about 'em.

figrin bran
01-14-2006, 09:52 PM
I actually like this wave. Theres a few I'll get....

Lushros Dofine will go well with other 'chess piece' Nemodians like Nute, Rune, and Lott.

Obi-Wan might work better in his Starfighter now that he'll get a cloth robe.

The Muftak Jedi looks alright. I bet he'll be popular.

it's funny you should say that because on another forum that i frequent, there's quite a bit of "controversy" over foul moudama and some are overreacting with cries of "worst figure ever produced". :rolleyes:

Jayspawn, it didn't even occur to me about the soft goods obi wan working better for the starfighter. that seals the deal and i'll definitely get it. the obi wan that's currently in my ROTS starfighter is borrowing the aotc pilot obi wan's robe.

jedi master sal
01-15-2006, 12:46 AM
Count me out for Obi, Ani, Vader and Grievous. But I plan on getting:
1 Foul Moudama
2 Ki-Adi
4 Cody (need for a few Dioramas)
8 Neimodian Pilots (Need for both TPM and ROTS scenes)
2 Fireship Pilots
40+ Utapau clones, if I can find them. Really want 100 of them, but I don't think I'll find anywhere near that amount, much to my chagrin and to my fiancee's delite...

I'm basically happy about this wave. Half I don't need and don't want because of choice of sculpt. The other half are needed, especially Cody and his clone.

I have to thank Hasbro for this wave. Because they chose to use a poor Anakin, Grievous, yet another Vader and an only slightly upgraded Obi (soft goods), I can use that money for the army builders I want.

Sith Vicious
01-15-2006, 10:32 AM
Isn't referring to Foul Moudama as the "Muftak Jedi" kind of like calling Aayla Secura a Bib Fortuna Jedi? The species name for Muftak is Talz.

mtriv73
01-15-2006, 05:57 PM
Foul Moudama looks more like a galactic heroes figure (or whatever the smaller line of pre-school friendly figures are) than a basic figure. Those boots are ridiculous.

Darth Cruel
01-15-2006, 07:44 PM
Keep in mind that Foul is an animated character. I don't think this figure is sculpted in live-action like they did with other Clone Wars figures when they gave them both.

Battle Droid
01-17-2006, 02:30 PM
Firespeeder Pilot carded,

http://www.billstoysandgames.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/SWS06BF22FirespeederPilot.jpg

Darth Cruel
01-17-2006, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the link BD. That is a good pic.

Battle Droid
01-17-2006, 03:07 PM
The others carded,

http://www.kid4life.com/yodasnewsforums/viewtopic.php?t=6129

Battle Droid
01-17-2006, 03:22 PM
http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/The_Saga_Collection_Spotlight_Battle_Of_Coruscant_ 96596.asp

Darth Cruel
01-17-2006, 03:37 PM
The others carded,

http://www.kid4life.com/yodasnewsforums/viewtopic.php?t=6129

this link takes me to a login page.

Battle Droid
01-17-2006, 03:46 PM
Just go to the rebelscum one.:D

Slicker
01-17-2006, 04:04 PM
Isn't referring to Foul Moudama as the "Muftak Jedi" kind of like calling Aayla Secura a Bib Fortuna Jedi? The species name for Muftak is Talz.That is a good point.:thumbsup:

As for the carded pics, this line is fast becoming my favorite carded line (yes it's even beating the OTC) of the new era. The one out of that group that I like the most is Grievous. Just something about how he's packaged that looks good.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-17-2006, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the link! Ki-Adi-Mundi's card looks fantastic!!! I think I may get another Grievous just because the paintjob looks so great. And Foul Moudama doesn't look as bad as he did on the EE site. Too bad that Lushros' paintjob is off. But it's still a great wave!!!

ecl
01-17-2006, 07:45 PM
good looking wave!

figrin bran
01-17-2006, 09:01 PM
i'm really looking forward to this wave (except for the ani rehash). usually i open up everything but for some of these like the firespeeder pilot and cody, the cards look so awesome that even at $7 a pop i might want to buy extras to keep carded. for ki adi holo, i'll probably just keep it carded though.

all i've been hearing on other forums is how "ridiculous" foul moudama looks but to me, what's really ridiculous is how for the insert they photoshopped a jedi robe onto a photo of a Talz (presumably Muftak) instead of using the cartoon image.

i can't really tell from the pictures but the Cody might not be the SA masterpiece that everyone's been holding their breath for. for one thing, it doesn't look like it has ball jointed shoulders. and it's hard to tell whether the elbows are swivel are ball jointed.

plasticfetish
01-17-2006, 09:48 PM
Yeah, except for Anakin, I'm looking forward to the lot. I Like the new paint on Grievous. I like Foul Moudama (enough with the complaints already) and I'll bet those boots are removable. It all looks good.

it doesn't look like it has ball jointed shoulders. and it's hard to tell whether the elbows are swivel are ball jointed.I think you're right about the sholders, but the elbows do look to be ball jointed to me.

Fluke Skywalker
01-17-2006, 10:02 PM
I kind of like the Fire pilot, but :sleeping: on the rest.

Devo
01-18-2006, 05:21 PM
i can't really tell from the pictures but the Cody might not be the SA masterpiece that everyone's been holding their breath for. for one thing, it doesn't look like it has ball jointed shoulders. and it's hard to tell whether the elbows are swivel are ball jointed.

To me it looks like the elbows are balljointed. The shoulders look ominously swivelly though and if they are it will deserve note as yet another of Hasbro's "odd" decisions. The other one for this wave is why they've repacked a crappy action featured Anakin alongside an SA obi-wan.

Darth Cruel
01-26-2006, 12:55 AM
I saw the Utapau Clone Trooper from this wave that is shipping with the Geonosis wave. I was at Frank-n-Scalpers' tonight and one of the vendors had some brought in (the entire Geonosis wave and the Utapau Clones). It was the coup de gras that once and for all conviced me that the Clone is for sure the #41 sculpt. The chest paint is correct in that it does come to a point, but to tell the truth, the yellow color is a very normal and bright yellow. Not at all the dark goldish yellow that is in the movie. But that is a small detail. I will still be army-building with it.

Kidhuman
01-26-2006, 01:52 AM
How much were they charging for it?

Darth Cruel
01-26-2006, 08:43 AM
$20.00 I just laughed knowing that , through the first thirteen case assortments, this figure is the most common. Even more so than Darth Vader. But I also know that with army-builders like me, it will probably still be hard to find.

UKWildcat
01-27-2006, 12:52 AM
I absolutely love the Ki-Adi-Mundi card and figure. The card back is beautiful with the holo Yoda and Aayla Secura. This is the one I am most looking forward to of the wave. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

The one out of that group that I like the most is Grievous. Just something about how he's packaged that looks good.

You got it. I totally love the way he is packaged. Awesome pose.

I also like the way the Fire Pilot is packaged and of course I am anxiously waiting for Cody. Overall I am pretty stoked to get this wave. At first I was somewhat skeptical, but now I'm really excited.

jedi master sal
01-27-2006, 11:04 AM
$20.00 I just laughed knowing that , through the first thirteen case assortments, this figure is the most common. Even more so than Darth Vader. But I also know that with army-builders like me, it will probably still be hard to find.

To this I completely agree. I'm hoping to get 40 of them, but really want about 100 of them...it will be good luck indeed, if I can find them though.

Darth Cruel
01-27-2006, 04:38 PM
JMS - Those numbers sound about right for me as well. I want 100. But will settle for NO FEWER than 40. I have 30 of the SA AOTC Clones in formation with the long blasters and they look pretty cool. I have 40 0r 50 more to add to them and intend to get one, maybe two of the full cases of clean white ones from EE to complete the formation. I also have 50 of the #41s not yet out off the cards because I have no long blasters for them (getting the long blasters is very difficult). And I want a formation of 100 of each of the paints of the SA clones as well (the Shock Trooper paint will look awesome). I am hoping that like the original #41, they eventually ship full cases of them. And I am hoping that some time in the future...we get SA 501sts as well.

Devo
01-27-2006, 10:10 PM
Does anyone know if Entertainment Earth are likely to do more army building 4 packs like their AOTC clones? Individual figures are so expensive and so elusive that its impossible for me to build the kinds of armies you guys talk about. The closest I have is my 32+ AOTC clones courtesy of the EE releases. I want OT troops - for too long I've made do with my one commtech stormtrooper and 6 VOTCers. I have a bigger army of tatooine Lukes. And I wouldn't mind assembling a nice squad of 501sts and Utapuan clones.

Darth Cruel
01-28-2006, 09:39 AM
Does anyone know if Entertainment Earth are likely to do more army building 4 packs like their AOTC clones? Individual figures are so expensive and so elusive that its impossible for me to build the kinds of armies you guys talk about. The closest I have is my 32+ AOTC clones courtesy of the EE releases. I want OT troops - for too long I've made do with my one commtech stormtrooper and 6 VOTCers. I have a bigger army of tatooine Lukes. And I wouldn't mind assembling a nice squad of 501sts and Utapuan clones.

I can see you point. I have not heard of any plans for this and the ready availability of some of these clone will probably preclude them being done. But some others could be and it is a hell of a good idea. I think I'll email EE and see what they say.

jedi master sal
01-28-2006, 09:08 PM
JMS - Those numbers sound about right for me as well. I want 100. But will settle for NO FEWER than 40. I have 30 of the SA AOTC Clones in formation with the long blasters and they look pretty cool. I have 40 0r 50 more to add to them and intend to get one, maybe two of the full cases of clean white ones from EE to complete the formation. I also have 50 of the #41s not yet out off the cards because I have no long blasters for them (getting the long blasters is very difficult). And I want a formation of 100 of each of the paints of the SA clones as well (the Shock Trooper paint will look awesome). I am hoping that like the original #41, they eventually ship full cases of them. And I am hoping that some time in the future...we get SA 501sts as well.

I'm good on AOTC style clones. I've got just over 500 of them. No need for any more at this point. (Unless they card the SA ones and sell them cheap...)

I've got 300 ROTS clones, so I'm almost good there. Need more Spec Ops troops (Blue markings). Of those 300, IIRC, about half are white ones with a mix around 100 #6 and 50 #41. The other 150 are a mix of the clone commanders, spec ops, shadow, shock, and every other typs of clone that has come out thus far. I'm severely lacking...ha ha. Serious though I can't wait for the Utapau clones.

After those (if they don't recard the spec ops trooper-hopefully making him SA), then I'm hoping Hasbro will make the Kashyyyk troopers, carded Star Corp troopers (Aayla's troops), Bacara's troopers (look like crimson snowtroopers). That would about do it for me then.

I wouldn't need to many of those clone to fill the ranks. Maybe something like:
spec ops trooper- 40
Kashyyyk troopers- 40-60
Star Corp troopers (Aayla's troops)- 10-15
Bacara's troopers-20

I could then call my troop building aout over for all of eternity...hopefully...
-Sal

Kidhuman
01-28-2006, 11:06 PM
Sal HAsbrotoyshop.com had blue ops up earlier this weeek. I ordered two from them, they came in pretty sweet condition. Check there for more.

jedibear
01-29-2006, 10:24 PM
I absolutely love the Ki-Adi-Mundi card and figure. The card back is beautiful with the holo Yoda and Aayla Secura. This is the one I am most looking forward to of the wave. I can't wait to get my hands on it....

...I also like the way the Fire Pilot is packaged and of course I am anxiously waiting for Cody. Overall I am pretty stoked to get this wave. At first I was somewhat skeptical, but now I'm really excited.

Yeah, this wave looks pretty good, even the re-issues look alright (still wished they'd chosen a different Ani to re-issue..heck, the Mustafar playset one or the Battle Arena one would've been more interesting...but of course, the evolutions one would've been great but...) At least the Obi-Wan they chose to re-issue was the good one...and the cloth cloaks are welcomed.

I really like the way Ki Adi Mundi looks on that card too...very well done.

Lushros Dofine looks alright although I'm surprised at Hasbro doing another Nemoidian after the last two (Lott Dodd & the Nemoidian Warrior) were major pegwarmers.

The Talz Jedi looks alright...I hope we get an Ithorian jedi to go with him someday...

Of course the two new entries that I can't wait for are Commander Cody (although it looks like he's coming outfitted accessory-wise like his earlier clone counterparts...just the guns. I was really hoping for a Sid holo and Obi-Wan's lightsaber hilt...oh well) and the FireSpeeder pilot. I have an admiration for the finely crafted figures of these background characters that Hasbro lavishs with good sculpts, good articulation and great detailing...I'm hopeful FireSpeed will join the ranks of the Bespin Guard, Cloud Car Pilot & BoShek among others as a really cool figure.

So far this line is shaping up alright...not as eventful as POTJ or the first saga colection, but we'll see how the year progresses...

Battle Droid
01-31-2006, 11:38 PM
Utapau Clone loose pics,

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Details_On_SAGA026_Clone_Trooper_Battle_Of_Utapau_ 96832.asp

timmae
02-01-2006, 12:28 AM
can't wait to get 1/2 of this wave. time to order starcases!

jedi master sal
02-01-2006, 12:34 PM
The Utapau clone looks much better than I had hoped for. I'm really going to be jonesin' for that figure now...