PDA

View Full Version : Hoth Vader big let down!

Bacta Beast
01-14-2006, 03:17 AM
Maybe someone else figured this out and posted it already, but I haven't seen it! I just found the Hoth wave at a local Wal-Mart tonight, and I was displeased to find that Hasbro opted to use the 500th Vader scuplt for this repack. I was expecting the VOTC. Bummer:rolleyes: . And his helmet won't stay on for beans!

mikey1974
01-14-2006, 07:02 AM
wait,so the just took a 500th vader an plopped him in a card? well,that sucks......IMHO,and this is bound to cause controversy,the 500th vader is one of the weaker ones in my opinion...he looks good sitting down,but standing up he has those horrible cut elbows,and his cape looks like crap unless you glue it on.....shame they decided to re-use him...

Darth Cruel
01-14-2006, 08:08 AM
Maybe someone else figured this out and posted it already, but I haven't seen it! I just found the Hoth wave at a local Wal-Mart tonight, and I was displeased to find that Hasbro opted to use the 500th Vader scuplt for this repack. I was expecting the VOTC. Bummer:rolleyes: . And his helmet won't stay on for beans!

Yeah, it's been discussed in another thread. But I don't remember which one.

Jayspawn
01-14-2006, 08:58 AM
Yeah its around -the 500th Vader STINKS!!!!

starwarsfan1
01-14-2006, 10:12 AM
There also going to repack the 500th Vader in the Tatooine wave. Whats the point? You might as well take him out of that wave and put someone else more worthy of that place.

starwarsfan1
01-14-2006, 12:11 PM
There also going to repack the 500th Vader in the Tatooine wave. Whats the point? You might as well take him out of that wave and put someone else more worthy of that place.
Actually I'd be happy if they put the Evolution Vader in its place. At least I wont be buying the same figure three times.

sith_killer_99
01-14-2006, 12:23 PM
Hasbro screwed up and over produced the 500th Vader, now they have to get rid of them all.:rolleyes:

DarthQuack
01-14-2006, 01:41 PM
What a waste of 3 figures.....I usually buy all figs, but I'll be passing on these two Vaders if they are exactly like the 500th. Idiots. Next time they should ask Chuck Norris for his opinion before making an assinine move.

Bacta Beast
01-14-2006, 05:34 PM
Heck I would have have been happy with the VOTC version!:rolleyes: Even just the ball joint shoulders makes a difference to me. And having a helmet that fits!

maatu
01-14-2006, 05:59 PM
hasbro does this stuff. tease us with some new figures. But repackage and resculpt and tweak other figures so they can put stuff out for us.we know this. i hope there is going to be some real supprises.

jjreason
01-14-2006, 07:13 PM
Well maybe this is good news........ I for one will be saving a few bucks twice this year. That's a BRUTAL Vader to re-use. Why they wouldn't just toss back out the OTC Hoth Darth is beyond me... at least he was borderline useful.

Kidhuman
01-14-2006, 10:10 PM
I agree JJ, they give us one Vader with snow on him and then another with none. I guess this is the one when he landed befire he got off the ship.

Turbowars
01-15-2006, 09:16 AM
If it makes you guys feel any better, this Hoth Vader has a darker paint app on his chest than the 500th.:cross-eye

Devo
01-15-2006, 09:55 AM
Curious. I seem to be the only one who actually likes this Vader. I'm not particularly a fan of the VOTC Vader because of the overlong neck and the almost cone-like helmet. And I hate the otc Hoth vader - that sculpt was only effective for Emperor's wrath with the translucency and lightning effects. Painted normally its big shortcoming becomes apparent - the totally inaccurate head sculpt. And the pose is crap.

zachatack
01-17-2006, 02:54 PM
People might not necessarily like this figure, but it seems to be the only figure that I can't find among the Hoth figures. I have all others but him, so as always, Vader proves popular.

ecl
01-17-2006, 06:45 PM
i still like the votc vader the best

Sith Lord 0498
01-17-2006, 06:53 PM
People might not necessarily like this figure, but it seems to be the only figure that I can't find among the Hoth figures. I have all others but him, so as always, Vader proves popular.

I think it has less to do with popularity and more to do with the fact that he's currently one per case (at least the cases I've seen at least).

DarthQuack
01-17-2006, 06:55 PM
I broke down and got another Vader....I couldn't help myself, he was taking a stroll, so he took a stroll into my WM basket.

timmae
01-17-2006, 06:59 PM
i have not seen him and do not care if i see him. i decided not to get another vader and will not buy the future ones. especially since it is the 500th one again. i do like the xmas vader.

Deoxyribonucleic
01-19-2006, 03:33 PM
Curious. I seem to be the only one who actually likes this Vader. I'm not particularly a fan of the VOTC Vader because of the overlong neck and the almost cone-like helmet. And I hate the otc Hoth vader - that sculpt was only effective for Emperor's wrath with the translucency and lightning effects. Painted normally its big shortcoming becomes apparent - the totally inaccurate head sculpt. And the pose is crap.

I like the 500th Vader too. But it would be nice if Hasbro packed the Evolutions Vader in the Tatooine wave instead of another 500th repack. I do like how he is packaged in the SAGA Hoth Wave...looks good.

I guess from a business point of view I can understand why Hasbro has to repack some things but from a collector's POV, grrrrrr

mikey1974
01-19-2006, 07:57 PM
I broke down and got another Vader....I couldn't help myself, he was taking a stroll, so he took a stroll into my WM basket.

LOL!

i did the same today...for all my complaining , i found myself buying him...and it's the variation with the cape folded out and the lightsaber in his hand....

Deoxyribonucleic
01-20-2006, 01:45 AM
LOL!

i did the same today...for all my complaining , i found myself buying him...and it's the variation with the cape folded out and the lightsaber in his hand....

There's a variation? LOL Just outta curiosity, what is the other one packaged like?

Kidhuman
01-20-2006, 02:01 AM
One is standing still and one is walking pose. There is a thread on it in variations.

Bacta Beast
01-20-2006, 03:51 AM
I like the 500th Vader too. But it would be nice if Hasbro packed the Evolutions Vader in the Tatooine wave instead of another 500th repack. I do like how he is packaged in the SAGA Hoth Wave...looks good.

I guess from a business point of view I can understand why Hasbro has to repack some things but from a collector's POV, grrrrrr

I really don't have too much of a problem with the re-packs as much as what they choose to re-pack. I wouldn't have complained at all if the was the VOTC version.

BountyHunterScum
01-21-2006, 12:25 AM
Put him in the sitting position and make a toilet for him.

Captain Spoon
01-25-2006, 12:44 PM
I personaly have no desire to buy another Vader figure unless they come out with something fantastic.

timmae
01-25-2006, 02:45 PM
variation or not. i will not buy another vader or yoda. i hope i can pass on the r2 when i see him. i only want new figures. especially at what we are paying now. anyone have a count on all the vaders made? too much for me to even start thinking about.

Kidhuman
01-26-2006, 12:40 AM
You opened a can of worms Timmae.

Jaff
01-26-2006, 01:00 AM
I'm with Captain Spoon on this one, but I am a big sucker. I bought the Vader out of curiosity, and his stand. He's not the worst Darth ever made, but my biggest bum about this figure is that there is enough Vaders already. There is a Vader made every few months now. Make other molds. In three months, when they release the Endor wave with Luke there is another Darth Vader figure coming.

Deoxyribonucleic
01-26-2006, 02:36 AM
I'm with Captain Spoon on this one, but I am a big sucker. I bought the Vader out of curiosity, and his stand. He's not the worst Darth ever made, but my biggest bum about this figure is that there is enough Vaders already. There is a Vader made every few months now. Make other molds. In three months, when they release the Endor wave with Luke there is another Darth Vader figure coming.

and one coming with the tatooine wave :yes: Whoooooooboyyyy!

rem rem kinobi
01-26-2006, 05:45 AM
funny..i seen all of the hoth wave more than once but no vader.

Sith Lord 0498
01-26-2006, 05:47 AM
funny..i seen all of the hoth wave more than once but no vader.

From the cases I've seen, Vader is one per case, so you're probably just getting there after someone's bought the sole Vader on the pegs.

JEDIpartner
02-03-2006, 10:27 AM
I'm figuring that, with the number of Vaders coming out in 2006, they need to cycle through as many of the better new Vader sculpts as they can. I think it would be a poor choice to keep reissuing the same one continually through the year and calling it something else each time.