PDA

View Full Version : Titanium Series - Darth Tie Fighter, AT-AT, Shuttle and Clone Wars Gunship

itsme
01-14-2006, 07:28 PM
Hi! I think this my first post here. Just wanna to share some photos of the latest titanium series. I have always opened my cards. Forgot to take some photos before I opened them up; except for the clone wars gunship. Only the clone wars gunship comes with a chrome label stated "Titanium Limited Series", is it supposed to be limited? hmm

Mi

Warstar
01-15-2006, 12:13 AM
Welcome to the forum!

Where in the hec' did you get these already? KICK BUTT!

I TOTALLY LOVE the base for the AT-AT- it reminds me of the JC Penney exclusive Action Fleet- that's SWEET!

I like the redeco on the Gunship, too- and, as we hear it, it's supposed to be "Treasure Hunt," which would explain the Chrome label.

I can't wait to get two of each of these...*Drools* (Gotta' open one ya know ;))

Slicker
01-15-2006, 02:06 AM
Holy crap that is quick. JT just posted the proto pictures of them and he's already got them.

figrin bran
01-15-2006, 02:18 AM
can you post a pic of the gunship if you open it up? i can't wait to get that one

it would be nice if they were to make a titanium ultra clone wars gunship but they probably won't.

britcit3
01-15-2006, 03:40 AM
Bloody hell!

So there are available at retail now?

Love that Gunship.

BC3

itsme
01-15-2006, 07:30 AM
Got them in Singapore. The seller has only a case. As I recalled, there are 12 ships: 01 x Clone Wars Gunship, 01 x White Tie Figther, 02 x Shuttle, 03 x DV TIE, 03 x AT-AT, 01 x ROTS Droid Fighter and 01 x Turbo Tank. I just bought one each.

The base for AT-AT is similar in size and mold as the AF base. Hasbro just got rid of the "AF" and AF AT-AT foot prints.

DV Tie shd be done with a clear windscreen just like the TIE Fighter and Bomber instead of painted black.

I'll post a loose Clone Wars Gunship; once I got the second one. Simply love the deco!

britcit3
01-15-2006, 07:32 AM
Thanks fot the info itsme -

& welcome - hope to see you around here regularly (especially if you can break info like this).

BC3

Sentinel18725
01-15-2006, 08:56 AM
Very nice!!! Looking forward to seeing these at retail.

JediTricks
01-15-2006, 04:51 PM
Wow, that's a great haul, and cool photos. Think you could get larger photos so I could post 'em in the SSG news? jeditricks@sirstevesguide.com

That Ultra AT-AT makes me glad I passed on the Hasbro Action Fleet version now, I had several opportunities but passed them up, now I know why.

The Imp Shuttle looks great too, better than the prototype we just saw.

darktrooper7
01-15-2006, 05:22 PM
Wow, that's a great haul, and cool photos. Think you could get larger photos so I could post 'em in the SSG news? jeditricks@sirstevesguide.com

That Ultra AT-AT makes me glad I passed on the Hasbro Action Fleet version now, I had several opportunities but passed them up, now I know why.

The Imp Shuttle looks great too, better than the prototype we just saw.

Hold up....is that an ultra AT-AT??? Are you sure about that? Why would the ultra's be in the same case as the mini ones? Or do you mean that the mini one looks better than the hasbro AF at-at?

But if it is an Ultra...Awesome!....if not i guess we will just wait a little longer til it is released :)

JediTricks
01-15-2006, 05:29 PM
You're right and I misunderstood when he said "The base for AT-AT is similar in size and mold as the AF base. Hasbro just got rid of the "AF" and AF AT-AT foot prints." It's easy to confuse them because of that, but his case asst does suggest it's the 3" not the 6" version. There is a 6" AT-AT coming up soon too so that's part of how I jumped the concept, but of course now that I think about it the 6" AT-AT will have a display case and this doesn't.

vulcantouch
01-15-2006, 05:43 PM
. . .that gunship repaint w/the brite-red guns & toothy mouth looks like a cheap knockoff 2me :p

sicqnus
01-16-2006, 07:59 AM
The shuttle is very different from the X-ray one. I like the clear canopy and the moving wings. Very interesting little toy. A must have. The painted canopy screen of the X-1 Tie is curious (...).

itsme
01-16-2006, 05:15 PM
mint or loose......... wat the heck, I never keep my SW vehicles MISB anyway. Here's photos of the loose clone wars gunship & others ..........enjoy!

britcit3
01-16-2006, 05:24 PM
Bloomin' marvelous!

Love that gunship.

Bc3

Warstar
01-16-2006, 06:06 PM
Teh SUCK on the canopy of the Darth's TIE being painted black- it may as well be the JC Penney plastic one then. That sucks.

I'll still get 2 :D

Hey VT- the Clone Wars Gunship is from the "Clone Wars" animated TV Series Season 2 (very first episode, which was Chapter 21 I believe). It's so Earth World War II it's pathetic but I like it :D

It just irks me when Star Wars mirrors our reality a little TOO much (like Captain Panaka's dialogue in Episode 1 by referring to "sitting ducks" or "kiss your Trade Franchise goodbye-" those are Earthly expressions- and does that mean there are DUCKS in a galaxy far, far away? I sense a conspiracy here...especially when web-footed birdies have mastered intergalactic travel).

But I digress-

That Imperial Shuttle rocks my socks, too! Can't wait to get the AT-AT- wowness.

I think I'll order my case from EE soon :D

Thanks for the scoop itsme! :D

JediTricks
01-17-2006, 03:05 AM
Thanks again for the photos, nice shots, I was glad to be able to put up photos that big.

My buddy Rick found 'em at WM in Vegas just now, wave 3, rev 1, I can't believe these things are out already.

The big photo I put up this evening from itsme of the DV TIE Advanced looks like it's clear but very dark, so I'm surprised to hear it's painted.

plasticfetish
01-17-2006, 06:32 AM
and does that mean there are DUCKS in a galaxy far, far away?I never thought that I'd ever get to post a link to this...

http://www.starwars.com/databank/creature/duck/

:)

Can't wait to name that AT-AT "current favorite desktop toy" BTW.

itsme
01-17-2006, 07:05 AM
That's a variation. JT, your buddy's CW Gunship is facing upwards instead. Thank God, I'm not collecting mint on card.

Jangu Fett
01-17-2006, 04:02 PM
The only one from this wave I'm looking forward to is the Clone War Gunship. But the way the stores here in Pittsburgh, PA are I won't see them till December. The nearest WM and TRU still have not restocked the aisles. They are still as bare as they were the week before the Holidays.

I really hope Hasbro does a V-Wing Starfighter from ROTS in both sizes.

JediTricks
01-17-2006, 04:11 PM
That's a variation. JT, your buddy's CW Gunship is facing upwards instead. Thank God, I'm not collecting mint on card. Aw, good eye, I can't believe I missed that!

Hey Warstar, looks like Itsme just made your life a little more difficult. :p

Warstar
01-17-2006, 09:44 PM
I never thought that I'd ever get to post a link to this...

http://www.starwars.com/databank/creature/duck/

:)

Can't wait to name that AT-AT "current favorite desktop toy" BTW.

*Faints- regarding the duck...*

...:eek:

I stand....stunned. I guess.

Wow.

:ninja: :p

Anyway- back to carded-

I am collecting mint on card but I don't think I'll go package variations like that...yet...I mean if I happen to see them I might but I'd rather just have one of each carded.

If I WAS going to collect everything carded I'd have to buy 360 Death Stars- one for each degree the equatorial trench could be positioned inside the Death Star Titanium package! :p

*Boggles at the concept*

figrin bran
01-19-2006, 02:55 AM
once i get my hands on that gunship, it'll instantly become my favorite desktop toy!

"Gun it!!!!!"

Sith Lord 0498
01-21-2006, 03:08 AM
Managed to find a fresh case at each of my local WM supercenters tonight. I've been having great timing lately with this stuff (found fresh cases of the Hoth wave as well earlier in the week). Here's some pics of the set I picked up for myself (can't wait to hear my buddy's reaction when he finds out I got him a whole set of four too!!)

AndyW
01-21-2006, 04:49 AM
How fantastic does that shuttle look, gotta get me one of those. Clone Wars gunship is pretty brilliant too.

JediTricks
01-29-2006, 07:27 PM
I finally got these in the mail, and they're astounding! Wave 3 should go down in history as the wave that the Titanium Series finally came into its own, hopefully they will be able to repeat this quality again and again. Each of the 3 new vehicles is stellar work, fantastic representations of these vehicles. I would say that the AT-AT, Imperial Shuttle, and DV's TIE Advanced are all must-haves, here's my mini-reviews:

TS Republic Gunship (Clone Wars deco) - the paint job seen in ep 21 (?) of the Clone Wars cartoon, blue with white and a big red face on the front. This is the "treasure hunt" style vehicle for wave 3, and has a special chrome brand sticker to prove its worth. The vehicle sculpt is the same as the original, good if a little bland, no moving parts except the canopy. Paint job is cartoony, not surprising really, and it comes off "exciting" that way. Not a must-have, but satisfying and different enough for collectors.

TS AT-AT Walker - this is the first time we've gotten a die-cast AT-AT in the modern line, and this thing looks so good I have to wonder if Galoob made the tooling before Hasbro bought them and shut them down. The sculpting is a little plain underneath, but there's still some details and the rest looks marvelous. The head and most of the body are metal, the legs are stiff plastic, and it feels amazing. The paint work is a step up in terms of realism from the rest of this line, it could have been plain and still worked but they added depth and character with a little weathering. The articulation is minimal, the neck is ball-jointed with minimal movement and the hips can move some, but since the knees aren't jointed and in somewhat limited straight-legged poses, there's not much the hips can do to add character, but no loss. The set also comes with a special white snow base that has a large peg which can go into the bottoms of any of the 4 feet. This is an astounding display piece, do NOT miss it.

TS Darth Vader's TIE Advanced x1 - another new OT mold, and another winner which suggests Galoob's hand (Hasbro's work in this line so far has been less detailed and accurate). Vader's TIE has all the right lines, looks great, feels heavy, has the blue-gray color, even has an opening cockpit hatch which is nicer than the original TIE Fighter one. The one miss is the cockpit interior, just a very simple chair shape, but I didn't expect miracles here anyway. All the paint details seem to be here, the work isn't complex but there are some good small details painted in. The only mis-step is the main window, the center hexagon is too small, and it's cast in a virtually opaque black plastic, it's not terrible but it's not as good as the TIE Fighter and TIE Bomber. Still, this is a very nice piece.

TS Imperial Shuttle - yet another new mold, and yet another strong entry. The shuttle's lines are all here, there's even a clear-smoke canopy on the front, it's big and all metal except for a few tiny detail parts. The paint is simple but works. The sculpting is good and captures the right feel, the 3 big wings, the downward-sloping cockpit, lots of little meaningless dots on the wings and stuff, unfortunately Hasbro got silly and put copyright text on the bottoms of each wing which become the outside faces when the shuttle is folded up. Oh, did I forget to mention that THE SHUTTLE WINGS FOLD UP?!? How awesome is that, and the wings don't flop loose or anything. They didn't sculpt stops so they fold all the way to touch the center wing, minor oversight, and the cannons on the wings are glued in so they don't rotate, but it's still really keen. Another must-have.

Sith Lord 0498
01-29-2006, 10:10 PM
Oh, did I forget to mention that THE SHUTTLE WINGS FOLD UP?!? How awesome is that, and the wings don't flop loose or anything. They didn't sculpt stops so they fold all the way to touch the center wing, minor oversight, and the cannons on the wings are glued in so they don't rotate, but it's still really keen. Another must-have.

Actually, the left wing on mine does flop very loosely. Seems as though it's a hit and miss thing with the shuttle. You seem to have lucked out. :)

mastermatt24
01-29-2006, 11:27 PM
Saw all of them minus the gunship.. and was able to pass on them.

JediTricks
01-30-2006, 05:26 PM
Why did you pass on them Matt?

Sorry to hear about the wimpy wing Sith Lord.

Sith Lord 0498
01-30-2006, 07:56 PM
Sorry to hear about the wimpy wing Sith Lord.

Thanks. Actually, it's not really a problem b/c I have it displayed with the wings deployed anyways. Still, it does suck to a certain degree. :)

RJarvis
01-30-2006, 08:23 PM
Actually, the left wing on mine does flop very loosely. Seems as though it's a hit and miss thing with the shuttle. You seem to have lucked out. :)

my right wing was a bit loose but i found that tightening the screws on the bottom fixed that in a jiffy...:thumbsup:

rj

JediTricks
01-30-2006, 10:07 PM
my right wing was a bit loose but i found that tightening the screws on the bottom fixed that in a jiffy...:thumbsup:

rj
And thus the other real joy of die cast toys is revealed! :D

Sith Lord 0498
01-31-2006, 06:43 AM

rj

My best friend (and fellow former forumite Darth Alex) offered to trade me shuttles b/c he cared even less about the wing. Although, he told me last night that tightening the screws helped too.

BountyHunterScum
01-31-2006, 07:49 AM
Is the CW Gunship one per case?

JediTricks
01-31-2006, 03:42 PM
Yes, it's a Titanium Limited, that's why it has the foil stickers.

Warstar
01-31-2006, 06:16 PM
The Raw Metal Slave 1 is scheduled to be limited, too...but it will be 2 per case.

I think the White TIE and Vulture are no longer "chase" ships but they seem to still be short-packed as well.

Slicker
01-31-2006, 06:56 PM
I think the White TIE and Vulture are no longer "chase" ships but they seem to still be short-packed as well.Well, I know the TIE won't be tough as they'll be packing them 3 per case in the next assortments as for the Vulture I'm not sure about it's numbers in further cases.

mastermatt24
01-31-2006, 10:30 PM
Why did you pass on them Matt?

Well.. As you probably know, Ive been having a great time weaning down my collecting habits- I only get what I like. I saw these and was excited, but I stood there and thought for a minute. I saw in my head parts of my garage and my room, thought about how much they are going to cost, remembered the Action feelt/micro machine/lego versions I had of all of them, saw how they werent anything specatulary new (they couldve made the E3 shuttle..), and then I thought I was really over thinking it all. SO.. I left them there to save the money for some Republic commandos. :love:

BountyHunterScum
02-02-2006, 06:27 AM
One per case is fine I can obtain that easily, with some help. Got it covered.

jaxx
02-02-2006, 01:37 PM
Has anyone seen this yet?
http://www.hasbro.com/pl/page.viewproduct/product_id.17222/dn/starwars/default.cfm

It's a GOLD version of Vader's TIE Avdanced. I haven't seen it yet, but suppossedly, it's packed within some cases. At least according to Rebelscum.com, it is. It's also on Rebelscum's fromt page.

Warstar
02-02-2006, 06:01 PM
WOW! I hadn't seen that- and that's worthy of its own thread. :p

JediTricks
02-02-2006, 09:48 PM
Alright Matt, but if it were me I wouldn't have been able to contain myself, they're that good IMO. :D (Says the guy whose apartment is now FLOODED with SW toys and figures ;))

mastermatt24
02-02-2006, 11:57 PM
Alright Matt, but if it were me I wouldn't have been able to contain myself, they're that good IMO. :D (Says the guy whose apartment is now FLOODED with SW toys and figures ;))
I know- its hard! Theres nothing like the thrill of seeing new stuff all over the pegs and not just grabbing it and filling the cart. I can definitly atest to the stuff all over too.. (All I need is about 6-7 more ROTS figs and my room would be soooo much cleaner.. maybe I should go to Frank&Sons)

plasticfetish
02-03-2006, 12:01 AM
It's a GOLD version of Vader's TIE Avdanced.GOOOOOOOOOLD!!!

Very cool... but I'm sure I'll never see one on the pegs.

JediTricks
02-03-2006, 04:51 AM
Let's face it, buying more ALWAYS makes it better! :D Still, these 3 Titaniums have the advantage of being small yet nicely detailed, I'd rather have the TS Imp Shuttle than the Hasbro one.

mastermatt24
02-03-2006, 06:16 PM
But what are we gonna do when SW is really gone?

JediTricks
02-03-2006, 07:35 PM
Go to Big Lots and clear them out of the leftovers, hope that by the time we get there someone will be making new SW product. ;)

plasticfetish
02-03-2006, 10:34 PM
Do you really think $W is ever gonna be gone? :D

mastermatt24
02-04-2006, 12:05 AM
All good things must come to an end.. But until then im going to enjoy it while it lasts. :p

Blue2th
02-04-2006, 03:58 PM
GOOOOOOOOOLD!!!

Very cool... but I'm sure I'll never see one on the pegs.
The Hasbro link says it's an exclusive, so we all might be able to order it. Have to wait for more news on this one.

Warstar
02-05-2006, 11:43 PM
I know I am not the oldest person on here, and that some of us remember The Dark Times (1986-1995), when there were NO Star Wars figures whatsoever...those were interesting times.

The Star Wars TV show will keep the movies alive, along with any possible SPECIAL SPECIAL Editions or 6-Pack DVD releases on BluRay or HD-DVD.

And don't get me wrong- SW will be on tha next-gen format- Rick McCallum and Lucas himself have wanted that for a long, long time. That release WILL happen- mark my words- I don't know on which format yet but I guarantee you with the upcoming DVD format war, whoever gets Star Wars on their format could conceivably when the Tech War- making the other tech obsolete.

We'll have to see :p

bobafrett
02-07-2006, 11:07 PM
I found a sidekick at my Wal-Mart Yesterday. It had the white TIE fighter, the Gunship with the cool paint job, but I also found the Death Star. I don't know if it was mentioned in this thread, or maybe it was from an older line, but there was only one Death Star with the 12 other ships. I picked up 2 white TIE's, the Imperial shuttle, Vaders TIE (not gold), the AT-AT, Clone Turbo Tank, The Republic Gunship with shark paint, and two others. I can't remember off hand what they were, as I am going off my Lay-Away reciept, and the items are abbreviated. I had picked up earlier last week the Scout with speeder bike and Jangos Slave I.

bobafrett
02-08-2006, 11:08 PM
I now remember one of the two I mentioned above, was the Vulture Droid. Still can't remember the last one.