PDA

View Full Version : 12" Luke & Tauntaun Remote Control

AreTwo-DeeTwo
01-21-2002, 02:14 PM
Anyone remember seeing the prototype pics to this? I was looking at my 12 inch Han/Tauntaun set today and remembered at one point there were pics for the Luke/Tauntaun version only it would be remote control. I am assuming this is not coming out now. True? Any particular reason? Like they could not get a retailer to pick it up or just decided not to?

humsup
01-23-2002, 08:30 PM
Yeah, I remember this one. There's been no news since.... Guess those folks in Hasbro's working day n nite only for AOTC.

JEDIpartner
01-25-2002, 01:48 PM
Well, then... apparently they can only only ruin ONE "Star Wars" toy line at a time from what you are saying! :rolleyes:

Jayspawn
01-25-2002, 02:20 PM
Haha. I barley remember this one.

AreTwo-DeeTwo
01-25-2002, 09:54 PM
It's like it just fell away from existence. I thought it might be kind of cool to have a remote control Tauntaun. Eh, guess it won't happen.

bibfortuna
01-25-2002, 10:48 PM
My big question about the remote 12" luke and tauntaun is- what would it do? I guess it could move its head, but other than that...

I mean, with it having two legs, it's not like it could run or anything without falling over. All it could do is act like that T-Rex remote dinosaur I see at TRU - it kind of shuffles forward on feet that have wheels.

Heck, I'd rather pay $50 for a Luke on Tauntaun w/o all the extra complications of remote mechanisms inside, and trying to hide battery covers. etc.etc.

Just my opinion...

Rob

Tycho
01-26-2002, 01:21 AM
I didn't want that set either. (RC Luke TaunTaun)

Now I thought they were going to do a 12" Probot at one point. I thought since Han and Luke have both been packaged with some sort of Hoth "friend" that they go with, Hasbro could cover a loss and ship the TreeBark Chewbacca with the Probot (add white "snow" paint to Chewie) - and they could box a nice set, still. (Until you open that Chewbacca .....)

However, I did read that something to do with a Probot would be a KayBee Exclusive. Aside from what store it is going to (KayBee could be difficult with exclusives) - I enjoyed the possiblity of this set.

AreTwo-DeeTwo
01-26-2002, 02:01 PM
Yeah I would really like to see a Probot as well. . I don't know what the Tauntaun would do either if it was remote contol. Just sounded kind of cool. I am not that disapointed if it does not come out. It just sounded interesting to me. It would have been a nice compliment to the Han & Tauntaun.

browndroid
01-26-2002, 02:12 PM
yeah i remember it, if it came out i would get it, but i dont really care if they make it or not...

bibfortuna
01-26-2002, 11:41 PM
Heck, the Han with Tauntaun was only going for about $45 or $50 last time I check (although I haven't checked lately). If I want a non-remote-controlled Luke with Tauntaun, I'll just buy one, and open up my Hoth Luke, right?

Rob