PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Votc

Kill Solo
01-15-2006, 10:39 PM
I found this on Ebay and I thought it was interesting. Do you think this is on the up and up? Tell me what you think?

2006 VOTC Presell on Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6029895612&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y264/sasee_one/87129swsagaex.jpg

Jango Speck
01-15-2006, 10:56 PM
Look where the peg hook holes are, totally off-center. Does that make any sense?

Turbowars
01-15-2006, 11:55 PM
Look where the peg hook holes are, totally off-center. Does that make any sense?That's how all Vintage carded figure are. It keeps them balanced on the pegs.

Kidhuman
01-16-2006, 01:31 AM
No freakin way......

DESCRIPTION: • Irresistable product with the return of 3.75" vintage OTC! • Collect all 5 Vintage figures and mail-in for an Exclusive George Lucas figure!

The excusive chase is on the VOTC????????? HOw f**king bad is that? Ten bucks a pop and we have to damage the freakin card?????

figrin bran
01-16-2006, 01:38 AM
turbo is right, speck. you can check your VOTC figures to verify this.

while i do believe these figures are forthcoming, these cards can be easily faked and coupled with the fact that it's a presell, it means we should wait for photos from more reputable sources.

Bacta Beast
01-16-2006, 02:15 AM
But if it's a fake, how would he have gotten the pictures of the new sculpts on the bottom? I haven't seen these anywhere yet, has anyone else?

Sentinel18725
01-16-2006, 10:05 AM
RS has photos of the new 2006 VOTC cards. They are identical to the presell photos that were posted on ebay. I wish we could get a clearer scan of the back to look at the figures better. My hope is that they keep doing these for the early figures. They are a nice touch and I think are really good. Keep it up! Takes me back to going shopping with my grandmother at lunch from school at Krogers and seeing these figures on the end cap. She would then buy me one figure frequently. Good memories!

Sentinel18725
01-16-2006, 10:10 AM
Can anyone get a better scan or a magnification of the cardbacks posted?

maatu
01-16-2006, 10:18 AM
i am trying to find my paint and brush program on this computer. i would copy the picture and enlarge it there to see what the picture look like and then put them back here so everyone could see them.i hope hasbro continues with the votc line after this.

jaxx
01-16-2006, 12:11 PM
Does anyone know when these are supposed to hit the shelves?

lukesky27
01-16-2006, 12:48 PM
I sure hope that the Biker Scout is SA...does this one mean that we are going to get another Speeder Bike in a vintage style box? Ahh, I can dream can't I????:tired:

Kill Solo
01-16-2006, 01:09 PM
I emailed rose_productions for bigger scans of the cardbacks but this is the reply I got:

Hi there. Sorry I can't. The photo is supplied by HASBRO. I do however have personal scans of vintage cardbacks from my personal collection. Let me know if you're interested.

Guess we will have to wait for Hasbro to unveil their new line .......

DarthQuack
01-16-2006, 02:37 PM
Something smells fishy will all this....

Slicker
01-16-2006, 02:40 PM
The only fishy is the fact that this guy is trying to sell something that he doesn even have. I always thought those were called pyramid scams or something.:rolleyes:

lukesky27
01-16-2006, 03:10 PM
Something smells fishy will all this....

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark!

I like the figures and hope that they are accurate, but something does seem to be up here.

Darth Cruel
01-16-2006, 03:48 PM
I'm confused. I am trying to organize my collection into product lines. And I am confused about the VOTC stuff. Is this a line of it's own or is it part of the Saga line. I thought it was a different line, but we are posting about it in the Saga section.

DarthQuack
01-16-2006, 04:42 PM
It's not part of the SAGA line unless I'm wrong. I think it was just posted in here to go with 2006 figures I guess?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-16-2006, 04:54 PM
So what should we call these? VTSC (Vintage The Saga Collection)?

Anyway, it's good to at least get a little confirmation. These appear to be the French cardbacks, or something, since they have an insane amount of writing and it's not all English. But it'll likely be close to what we get in the US.

For the George Lucas figure, if it's with this promo, then I bet we'll have to cut the UPC, which isn't on the cardback. If it's like the VOTC, then we'll get them in clamshells with an insert that has the UPC on it. So hopefully that won't be too bad.

I'm just happy to have a new Endor Han and Biker Scout. :D

maatu
01-16-2006, 06:28 PM
i figure if there going to come out with 5 new votc figures. then give us this george lucas exclusive.(like we really need it).why can't they give us han solo and luke skywalker in storm trooper gear. It would be even cooler if they were votc style storm trooper's. i then still can go on and wish that we could get the ultimate votc darth maul figure.what about picking 5 figures from each movie with votc style and alsome articulation.I know this subject has been talked about before .

pug205
01-16-2006, 07:10 PM
The VOTC line was part of OTC line and these have TSC logos on the card back and form part of the new saga collection, so it makes sense to have this thread here.

Im not convinced these are the real product but they are the figures we will be getting anyway. Some weird choices though, Greedo?? X wing Luke?? No ESB figures?

I think/hope these arent the only figures in the series. Only 5 figures is an odd choice for a line, maybe it will be three from each film? the others maybe havent been finalised yet. If so a snowtrooper, a gam guard, or bounty hunters would be awesome:thumbsup:

However the rest of the line might be filled with repacks of VOTC figures - Vader, Boba, R2, Chewy and Stromtrooper on different styles of vintage card :(

plasticfetish
01-16-2006, 08:23 PM
So what should we call these?I'd call them a strong rumor at this point. Anyone notice that these Canadian Hasbro cards are in English and French? (So that makes this a "rumour" instead?)

Suppose we'll have to wait a bit before we see what we're really getting.

JEDIpartner
01-16-2006, 08:37 PM
Seriously only interested in Han... maybe the biker scout. The rest have already been done pretty well.

TheDarthVader
01-16-2006, 10:24 PM
Luke in X-wing gear--might get it if the face is good

Han trench coat--will buy it

Biker Scout--potj one is great...might buy if SP

Greedo--what?! I already have a great greedo, NO!

Tusken Raider--between the one that came with the banta and the aotc one, NO!

one maybe three out of five, hasbro you suck

B.
TDV

timmae
01-16-2006, 11:16 PM
i'm not getting any of these, maybee if they make a cooler one in the same line. watch them go up to 12.99 anyway! (if i have a very weak moment and they are 9.99, i could get the biker scout. i hope not). the scan is a printers proof. my guess is that it is correct and from the printer. an employee just snagged it. oh yeah, the thread looks good here.:thumbsup:

BlueSnags
01-17-2006, 12:12 AM
Will be getting all of these - will probably buy several Tuskens and Biker Scouts. They will probably be the definitive versions of the figure (super-articulated, newest sculpts) and will look great on the cards. Can't wait for them.

Kidhuman
01-17-2006, 01:32 AM
I want tons of Scouts and Tuskens too snags. I will buy all of them though.

Captain Spoon
01-17-2006, 08:08 AM
RS did an article on these and confirmed
Tusken Raider, SA and soft goods
X-Wing luke- with gray strappy things, to scale helmet and chin strap.
Biker Scout-SA
Greedo-...well it's Greedo
Han- Good Detail with accurate soft good trench coat and all his belts and stuff he is wearing.

DarthQuack
01-17-2006, 11:18 AM
The only two VOTC I had managed to get the first time around were Yoda and Lando on clearance for 2 bucks a pop at WM....10 bucks is a lot to spend for one figure.

Deoxyribonucleic
01-17-2006, 11:48 AM
it's a weird mix of characters to decide on I've gotta admit and a weird number (only 5 instead of 13 but 5 is one of my favorite numbers) of figures for a line but I'm still excited about these! :thumbsup:

AmanaMatt
01-17-2006, 03:55 PM
R.S. is reporting these will be the definitive versions with Greedo being the 'loser' of the group, which if true, is a good thing to me.

The assortment is real odd and why only 5 for the year....? I would like 10 myself - sure, they are more, but look great and you do get extra bang for the buck.

Biker Scout - will buy every one I can find.

Tusken Raider - I love these guys! I thought the last one with Rem Head was awsome - so, a VOTC one has me pumped!

Greedo - I'll get two of him (just like most VOTC): one carded, one open

Han - well, if they treat this Han like the VOTC one, then bring it on!

X-Wing Luke - as decent as the POTJ one is, I want an uber articulated version, since my fav Luke outfit from ANH

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-17-2006, 04:33 PM
The RS descriptions sound great! Soft goods Sand People and SA Biker Scout, woot!!!

ecl
01-17-2006, 07:44 PM
some of these sound very interesting!

bigbarada
01-29-2006, 09:19 PM
For now I'm only really interested in Han and the Biker Scout. When I read the preliminary list of figures for the Saga 2 Battle of Endor wave, I was beginning to give up hope that we would ever see a super-articulated Biker Scout.

jaxx
01-29-2006, 11:02 PM
Biker Scout - will buy every one I can find.

I'm glad you're in Texas and not here in Chicagoland... now I know my chances will be better for finding onelol.
I'd love to find 2 of the Biker scouts.
Actually, I want 2 of each figure. One set to open. I want to be sure to get that exclusive Lucas figure, and, with the articulation, I know that these will have a great "play" quality to them!

Does anyone know when these will be released??? I understand that this line is believed to be rumor by a few, but if anyone that has an "inside scoop" is reading, I hope that you can fill us in.
The only place that I found the fist line of VOTC figs was at TRU... I hope the new line will be easier to find.

mastermatt24
01-29-2006, 11:19 PM
HUrrAy! More stuff I can pass on! (Except for the Scout of course)

plasticfetish
01-29-2006, 11:29 PM
There's been no "official" word on this line yet. Toy Fair is next month (Feb. 12th - 15th), so I'm thinking if this line is going to happen soon, then they'll announce it then. (Maybe.)

At any rate, Steve will be there to check it out, so we'll soon see.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
02-04-2006, 10:26 AM
I'd call them a strong rumor at this point. Anyone notice that these Canadian Hasbro cards are in English and French?

Products, signs, packaging, etc. has to, by Canadian law, be in Canada's official languages, English and French. Anyone ever see Dan Akroyd's scene in Canadian Bacon? It is explained fully there.

plasticfetish
02-04-2006, 02:32 PM
Yeah, just an observation really.

I can't remember... did the last VOTC figures have any kind of special bilingual packaging?

El Chuxter
02-04-2006, 05:13 PM
Greedo? Whose smart idea was it to resculpt him? That makes a total of, what, 469 figures for a loser with ten seconds of screen time?

Why no "definitive" Qui-Gon or Mace? I'd say they're much more sorely needed.

And, oooh, I can get a George Lucas figure with a Stormtrooper body? Jorg Sacul was kind of a cute trick, but any other GL figures should either be wearing flannel or have blue skin.

Altogether, this wave sounds like a total waste. And I was just starting to regain interest before reading this thread.

Rocketboy
02-04-2006, 05:57 PM
And, oooh, I can get a George Lucas figure with a Stormtrooper body? Ya know, I don't recall any chubby Stormtoopers...

Turbowars
02-04-2006, 08:51 PM
Yeah hopefully Greedo will be a chase figure and most of the case will be Scouts and Raiders.

figrin bran
02-04-2006, 09:37 PM
reportedly, target's price for these will be $11.99 :shocked:

mastermatt24
02-05-2006, 12:00 AM
Then in that case it looks like Ill only be getting the scout.. :o

mabudonicus
02-05-2006, 08:44 AM
I can't remember... did the last VOTC figures have any kind of special bilingual packaging?
Not that I saw, you'll find that every once in a while we'll get stuff up here in Canada that contravenes the rules, usually stuff that is in short supply/limited release
The VOTC figs I got were on US-only cards, and they were available at TRU Zellers and WM, I don't recall seeing any other languages on the cards..