PDA

View Full Version : A video game that is surprisingly cool!

preacher
01-21-2002, 03:24 PM
Hey all you gamecube owners out there!

I rented PIKMIN over the weekend and was pleasantly shocked at how deep and challenging it is. Maybe I'm just a meat head but this game gets difficult in a hurry (of course I also refuse to get the strategy guide as well). This is a ton of fun to play. If you've finished Rogue Leader and are simply waiting for the new Metroid or something to finally be released I highly recommend giving PIKMIN a once over.

That is all.

master jedi
01-21-2002, 04:22 PM
Shouldn't this be in the video game section?

bigbarada
01-21-2002, 06:19 PM
This is probably bound for the Video Games section; but I do agree, Pikmin in awesome!

I really felt bad the first time I accidentally formed up all of my red Pikmin in the water and killed off over 65 of them.:cry:

ALthough it was kinda funny to watch them all drown.:evil:

JediTricks
01-22-2002, 12:36 AM
I haven't played this one yet, but everything I see makes it look like "Lemmings", another joyus surprise. Nothing is quite as sick as self-destructing all your lemmings though.:evil:

Jedi Clint
01-22-2002, 01:17 AM
I'll try Pikmin if it is anything like Lemmings!!! I felt good to beat a level of Lems.............and it felt good to (as JT pointed out) blow the livin crap out of every one of those mindless li'l devils!!! I liked to time when I would get the requisite number of lemmings into the "home free" with the countdown to destruction so I could frag as many of the rest of them as timing aloud and beat the levels at the same time. Now I need a fix! :crazed: Anyone know where I can score the entire set of Lemmings games off hand?

bigbarada
01-22-2002, 02:13 AM
The basic premise behind Pikmin is that you are a space traveller who has crash landed on an unknown planet. Your ship is in pieces and you only have 29 days of life support in your space suit. So you have to find the missing parts to your space ship with the help of these little plant people, called Pikmin. Once you pull them out of the ground they follow you wherever you go and pretty much do your bidding (everything from fighting giant animals to knocking down barriers to lifting and carrying items). You can have up to 100 Pikmin following you at once and it really is amazing because there is no slowdown at all.

Really cool game!

JediTricks
01-23-2002, 12:24 AM
Heh heh, now I feel like blowing up some lemmings too. OH NO! :eek:

TeeEye7
01-23-2002, 07:09 AM
Any game secrets/short cuts to share yet? (I have a feeling this is going to get moved into the Video section.....)

Starfig873
01-23-2002, 11:05 AM
Oh I've played Pikmin! I actually enjoyed it too!

Stunning backgrounds if anything. :)