PDA

View Full Version : Any Arctic Monkeys fans here ? . . . . .

Daz
01-16-2006, 01:32 PM
No! well let me enlighten you

http://www.dominorecordco.com/site/downloads/Arctic_Monkeys/

their the next big thing on this side of the pond and I'm curious to see what you yanks think.

If you would like to know more about the band check out the fansite

http://mardy-bum.com/?page=music

you can download practically every song they've done so far (well demo versions anyway)

Check em out you wont be disappointed:thumbsup:

Daz
01-21-2006, 01:02 PM
Evidently not judging by the complete lack of feedback :tired:

Mad Slanted Powers
01-21-2006, 02:56 PM
I think I heard them last night on the Music Choice Alternative digital music channel on my cable TV. It sounded pretty good if I recall correctly. I don't remember the song at the moment. I'll have to check them out some more.

Daz
01-21-2006, 03:51 PM
posty333 I think I heard them last night on the Music Choice Alternative digital music channel on my cable TV. It sounded pretty good if I recall correctly. I don't remember the song at the moment. I'll have to check them out some more.

would probably either be " I bet you look good on the dancefloor" , "when the sun goes down" or the brilliant "fake tales of San Fransisco" a song aimed at British bands who refuse to sing in their own accents instead effecting a fake American one.

Here's an excerpt of the lyrics
--------------------------------------------------------
He talks of San Francisco, he's from Hunter's Bar
I don't quite know the distance
But I'm sure that's far
Yeah I'm sure that's pretty far

And yeah, I'd love to tell you all my problem
You're not from New York City, you're from Rotherham
So get off the bandwagon, and put down the handbook
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
----------------------------------------------------------
and being a band that practices what it preaches this is all sung in a thick Sheffield accent.:grin:

locky
01-24-2006, 11:05 AM
The new Artic Monkeys album came out in England yesterday and was the fastest selling album of all time. It must be pretty good.

It comes out in the US on Feb 21st but you can get it now on this link; cd-wow.us/?affid=15479 for $14 with free shipping.

and it seems to be $2 or $3 cheaper than the official site.

You can listen to a few songs on the Arctic Monkey section on MySpace.com. They sound really good. There's actually a video clip there too.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-28-2006, 10:57 PM
would probably either be " I bet you look good on the dancefloor" , "when the sun goes down" or the brilliant "fake tales of San Fransisco" a song aimed at British bands who refuse to sing in their own accents instead effecting a fake American one.

I checked out those three songs online and wasn't sure if I recognized them. Maybe the Dance Floor one, as it was my favorite of the three. Then tonight, I heard them on Music Choice again and the song was called "Dancing Shoes", so that may have been the one I heard before. It was pretty good. The vocals reminded me a bit of early Beatles, but performing music more like the early Kinks.

Darth Jax
01-29-2006, 01:23 PM
aren't they the ones that wouldn't let Bowie sit in the front row when he tried to catch them live?

Daz
01-30-2006, 04:53 AM
Darth Jax aren't they the ones that wouldn't let Bowie sit in the front row when he tried to catch them live?

yep they are apparently he was sitting in one of the seats that had been put aside for one of their parents twas only when said parents recognised him that the true extent of their foly was revealed.It never occured to them that somone that famous would bother goin to see them.

arctangent
01-30-2006, 08:27 AM
320 squillion records sold in the uk in their first week of realease and they have completely passed me by. i have yet to hear a single song by them

Daz
01-30-2006, 10:06 AM
arctangent 320 squillion records sold in the uk in their first week of realease and they have completely passed me by. i have yet to hear a single song by them

Not surprised for a band that has been so hyped so far I've only heard "when the sun goes down(aka scummy)" about twice on mtv2 and have'nt heard them at all on the radio.

Which is kind of odd cause usually both radio an t.v immediatly jump on the bandwagon when a new big thing arrives and ruins it by playing them to death eg white stripes seven nation army.

Ps. use the links in my original post if you wanna try em on for size