PDA

View Full Version : Snowspeeder and Slave I Ultra Titaniums

darktrooper7
01-16-2006, 04:23 PM
Looks like the next (rehash) wave of ultras is coming out soon:

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Titanium_Series_Spotlight_96584.asp

Shame they arent new, but they look nice all the same. And VERY interesting that the snow speeder has pilot figures in the cockpit! Doubt they will be removable though, but still to me its an IMPORTANT step in the right direction.

Warstar
01-16-2006, 05:21 PM
ARGH ARGH ARGH!

The Slave-1 does not mention "Opening cockpit" but the mold still has the canopy opening mechanism still there! BLECH!

If the canopy does not open, then there's no point to having those two little bumps there. They should be removed- especially since Hasbro has the opportunity to correct the mold now! They irk me...

Grr.

The Snowspeeder looks cool but I am bummed about the orange paint loss for some reason. I mean I know the ship now looks more movie accurate but I did like that "flair."

So in this thread I complain about one movie inaccuracy and embrace another.

It happens :D

jaxx
01-16-2006, 05:51 PM
I love them both!!! I'm efinitely going to get the Slave 1... if I can find it!

matthewilw
01-17-2006, 12:01 AM
I'm not impressed with either. If they're going to use the Action Fleet molds for this I really wish they would use ones that never saw wide release such as the original Jedi Starfighter and the deathstar, didn't they even have a star destroyer? The only way I might buy these is if I feel as though it might help us get through to the next wave.

itsme
01-17-2006, 12:02 AM
I think both the Slave 1 and Snowspeeder have opening canopies. There are rubber bands over it. But I doubt the figures can be removed; could be similar to the R2s in Ultra X-Wing and ARC.

figrin bran
01-17-2006, 01:26 AM
i have the action fleet versions of both and so i'll probably pass on both

Sith Lord 0498
01-17-2006, 08:24 AM
I'll be passing on both of these as well. I really wish they started releasing vehicles that haven't been done over and over again in multiple scales. I'd like to see Ultra versions of the following:

Sith Infiltrator
Naboo Royal Starship
AT-AT (yeah I know it's been done a lot, but this could be the ultimate die-cast version)
Republic Star Destroyer (AOTC Acclamator-class)

sicqnus
01-17-2006, 01:31 PM
The Snowspeeder is an all time favorite. I want it. The little pilots are great, the display box is great. Amazing.

JediTricks
01-17-2006, 03:42 PM
This is kinda a shame, goes with the earlier list though, which means if correct we'll be seeing 2 more rehashes after this wave: AT-AT and Millennium Falcon. The Snowspeeder does look good, it's one of my favorite SW vehicles, but I am not sure I can part with $20 for yet another version since I already have 3, I guess it'll have to work for me in person (so far, none of the mass-release Ultras have though).

BountyHunterScum
01-19-2006, 08:14 PM
Slave 1 I definitely will get. come on hasbro put a Capital Ship in there.

BountyHunterScum
01-19-2006, 08:17 PM
I'm not impressed with either. If they're going to use the Action Fleet molds for this I really wish they would use ones that never saw wide release such as the original Jedi Starfighter and the deathstar, didn't they even have a star destroyer? The only way I might buy these is if I feel as though it might help us get through to the next wave.

Action Fleet had planned on making a Death Star and Star Destroyer but they never made it out.

Warstar
01-20-2006, 08:28 PM
Action Fleet had planned on making a Death Star and Star Destroyer but they never made it out.

I'm fairly confident we'll get these ships. I mean they had protos and we had pictures from back then- they should make it to metal (we can only hope- a hyper-detailed AF-sized DIE-CAST Star Destroyer...I sigh heavily at the thought of one...)

*Drools*

Ummm. Star Destroyer...:love:

In the meantime, the Snowspeeder is starting to look cooler the more I look at it...

JediTricks
01-20-2006, 10:21 PM
Between the pricepoint, the weaker sculpting on the new work, and the unfortunate focus on the older molds, I highly suspect the Ultra 6" line won't survive long enough to get an ISD or any new molds.

AndyW
01-21-2006, 04:13 AM
I still have yet to purchase any of the Ultras, but I am about to get the Gunship and would like the ARC-170 and Tri-Fighter.

Can't say that I'm that bothered about this Slave One or Snowspeeder, although I will admit the that the Snowspeeder does look pretty good.

I'm with JT, I can't see this line lasting, while I don't think they are priced badly, I personally just haven't been *that* keen on them to source them from the US like I have done the small Titaniums. That said, if I saw these in a shop I may not be able to resist them.

Sith Lord 0498
01-21-2006, 10:11 AM
If they balance out the line with popular vehicles and "niche" vehicles and don't flood the market with too much of one, I think the line has potential because it brings in completists, die-cast fans (and not necessary Star Wars fans...some could be strictly die-cast collectors), and collectors anxious to see certain ships. It'd be the "poor man's alternative" to the Code 3 line.

That being said, here's a little bit of brainstorming on what they could release in future waves that would provide a good variety.

Naboo Royal Starship and Millennium Falcon

Sith Infiltrator and TIE Interceptor

Jedi Starfighter (AOTC) and Jedi Interceptor (ROTS)

Star Destroyer (Imperial) and Republic Assault Cruiser (AOTC)

AT-AT and Republic Turbo Tank

JediTricks
01-22-2006, 03:12 AM
Metal AT-AT, Royal Starship, and Falcon would all be mega-keen. Finally seeing the Star Destroyer and Ep 2 Jedi Starfighter released would be awesome too. I really don't understand Hasbro's behavior on this line, it's not failing yet, I gave them TONS of feedback about why the last Action Fleet tanked and they actually did claim to take it to heart... oh wait, I remember now, Hasbro rotates their division managers a lot, giving the company a *very* short-term memory. I wish I had more free time, I would love to try to give them more feedback on the line.

Sentinel18725
01-22-2006, 07:56 AM
I agree that they are the "poor man's" Code 3. It is nice that they actually put something like this out. I find myself picking these up, here and there. It is a good little collection of the Star Wars line. Can only hope that they continue but I doubt that we will start seeing TIE Interceptors, Y-Wings, and other fringe vehicles but one can only hope.

darktrooper7
01-22-2006, 03:57 PM
I wish I had more free time, I would love to try to give them more feedback on the line.

JT is there any way to contact people directly involved with the Titaniums? Its a shame that the development staff dont involve themselves more with the various communities (here and RS seem to have the most active micro sections) and try to use the collectors knowledge (which i dare say is probably much more indepth than their own) to their advantage.

I actually had the email address of one of Hasbro's board of directors but i dont think he would be too likely to respond.

LTBasker
01-22-2006, 08:11 PM
Personally I'm hoping most for Ultra versions of the B-Wing, AT-TE, Naboo Fighter and Imperial Shuttle. :D

Right now, I think they should increase the waves by one vehicle at least since they seem to be doing really well. Considering around here the Gunship and X-Wing sold out after Christmas and so far the ARC-170 seems to be a strong seller. If they actually adapted putting pilots into them as a regular feature like the Snowspeeder, this line will probably do even better.

I really like the fact they upped the scale on the pilots to make the Snowspeeder look more accurate than the ship/pilot scaling of the old AF. It's shocking they actually were able to IMPROVE it.

JediTricks
01-22-2006, 10:47 PM
Not directly, not at first, getting to talk to them will require building a relationship with certain entities and then moving my way through the system.

I think the packaging needs to be smaller, they take up a lot of shipping and shelf space in the stores.

Basker, you are right that the pilots are upsized to match the scale of the snowspeeder, I just hope they're still removable (even though clearly they're statues).

Warstar
01-22-2006, 11:16 PM
Personally I'm hoping most for Ultra versions of the B-Wing, AT-TE, Naboo Fighter and Imperial Shuttle. :D

They'd have to re-tool their display cases for an Imperial Shuttle since it's middle wing is so tall, so I wouldn't expect that anytime soon...

But I could be wrong.

I want an AT-TE, too! :p

britcit3
01-23-2006, 04:20 AM
Sorry to go a bit "off thread" but I lost his email address.....

Sicq - was that you playing Rep Commando multi-player this morning - one of the players was called "Siq-O"?

BC3