PDA

View Full Version : SSG + eBay = Double Standard?

ChronicJedi
01-21-2002, 04:06 PM
OK, I read a post yesterday where a guy put a link to an auction in his thread. He never even stated that it was HIS auction. Anyway, he was told not to use these forums to promote his auctions and the thread was closed. Just like that. He COULD have been just pointing out a good deal or whatever.

Meanwhile, SirSteve himself advertises his auctions right in the news section!!!!!!!!!!! What's up with that???????

On a side note to SirSteve, when you did have your TIE Bomber, AT-ST "Salesman Samples" on eBay why was the reserve set so high? What exactly is a "Salesmans Sample" and why is it worth more than twice as much as the regular retail version? According to the reserve prices anyway.

I just thought I'd point out that it may be your site SirSteve (and thank you for it!) but if you are going to set these kind of rules please follow them yourself. Thanks.

SirSteve
01-21-2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by ChronicJedi
OK, I read a post yesterday where a guy put a link to an auction in his thread. He never even stated that it was HIS auction. Anyway, he was told not to use these forums to promote his auctions and the thread was closed. Just like that. He COULD have been just pointing out a good deal or whatever.

Meanwhile, SirSteve himself advertises his auctions right in the news section!!!!!!!!!!! What's up with that???????

On a side note to SirSteve, when you did have your TIE Bomber, AT-ST "Salesman Samples" on eBay why was the reserve set so high? What exactly is a "Salesmans Sample" and why is it worth more than twice as much as the regular retail version? According to the reserve prices anyway.

I just thought I'd point out that it may be your site SirSteve (and thank you for it!) but if you are going to set these kind of rules please follow them yourself. Thanks.

People are allowed to promote their auctions or whatever as long as they are in the appropriate section (ie. Classifieds). As for the TIE Bomber, a salesman sample means they are rare samples given out before mass production hence the high price as I paid a high price to bring you new pictures to view. Believe me, I still lost a lot on it but I continue to do it for you, the fans. I believe it is news worthy when rare items are available. That's why I posted it.

ChronicJedi
01-22-2002, 08:32 AM
Thanks! I just wanted to find out the scoop about such things. I guess maybe the mod should have moved the thread instead of deleting the URL and closing it. I'm glad you were able to bring us those kinds of pics and provide useful info, as long as you continue to do so, I will be here, sending in my scans of tri-logo cardbacks and finding the best, accurate info always provided here. You da man!

AmanaMatt
02-13-2002, 01:53 PM
still America...