PDA

View Full Version : Note to LEGO - no more smiling minifigs in SW!

JediTricks
01-17-2006, 03:07 PM
I love LEGO to death, they've been a part of my life since as long as I can remember, but one thing they do which I can't take anymore is this thing of putting out smiling figures in Star Wars sets, such as Imperial Officers and Rebel Troopers. These are Star *Wars*, not Star Parties, there's no smiling, nobody's happy that the galaxy is in turmoil, but you wouldn't know that from LEGO's generic pilots who look like they're having the time of their lives, or Imperial officers that couldn't be happier to see an A-wing about to take out their Star Destroyer, or Jedi who have just been told they won the lottery. The only SW minifig that can get away with a smile is Han, who has that smirky grin which works on that minifig, but that's *it*.

El Chuxter
01-17-2006, 04:24 PM
I actually think the smiles work on Lego figures. Shouldn't you at least accept a grinnin' Kit Fisto?

Slicker
01-17-2006, 05:47 PM
And what about Lando? Boy, you didn't think that statement out very well JT.;)

As for the smiling figures I think it would be stupid to change something that you've done for decades just for one particular line. I think they work well with the minifigs and should stay as is.

DarthQuack
01-17-2006, 06:52 PM
These are Star *Wars*, not Star Parties, there's no smiling, nobody's happy that the galaxy is in turmoil

I cracked up laughing when I read this post, JT you're hilarious.lol

starwarsfan1
01-17-2006, 09:40 PM
I actually think the smiles work on Lego figures. Shouldn't you at least accept a grinnin' Kit Fisto? I agree. Why change a good thing? Legos have always been like this and probably will be forever. Why try to "reinvent the wheel"?

JediTricks
01-18-2006, 07:53 PM
I actually think the smiles work on Lego figures. Shouldn't you at least accept a grinnin' Kit Fisto?
They ain't doing him, so it's a non-issue.

And what about Lando? Boy, you didn't think that statement out very well JT.;)I wouldn't know, Lando only comes in the expensive sets, so I've never seen one in person. :(

As for the smiling figures I think it would be stupid to change something that you've done for decades just for one particular line. I think they work well with the minifigs and should stay as is.Uh, hello? They already have changed it for figures like Luke who has a stoic expression, and look at the horrors wrought from the goofy faces on the NBA line - granted, those were awful, but it proved they could change things on a large scale. They make lots of exceptions to the happy classic face all the time in other lines, SW ain't the only one.

Thanks Quack, I did kinda work on that one a bit. :D

El Chuxter
01-18-2006, 08:20 PM
My bad. Kit's in the video game, so I assumed he'd been produced already. What a crock of doondoon.

Mandalorian Candidat
02-04-2006, 07:54 PM
Hey, at least Vader and the Emperor aren't smiling. I just noticed today that the little Guido-looking mechanics from the OG A-Wing and X-Wing sets look pretty stoic too.

JediTricks
02-05-2006, 10:27 PM
FBTB has a new comic that covers it: http://www.fbtb.net/greg/swlego47.gif

Mandalorian Candidat
02-06-2006, 10:56 PM
FBTB has a new comic that covers it: http://www.fbtb.net/greg/swlego47.gif

:D Sounds like a smiley face backlash to me.