PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Season 5

DarthQuack
01-17-2006, 07:14 PM
Thought I would start a thread devoted to everyone's favorite show, American Loser!! *whoops, I mean Idol. Myself and some of the other SSGer's were discussing it in a chat and wanted to hear everyone elses thoughts on it.

El Chuxter
01-18-2006, 08:28 AM
I heard it in the other room, but was exploring the Lego Jedi Temple on my GameCube. The show's never worthwhile until they get to Hollywood.

JEDIpartner
01-18-2006, 08:38 AM
I only saw 30 minutes of it before I had to go to my gig. I love it when people show up to sing a song and then they rap. Hello...!!!! "Rap" is not singing. It's talking. And they still haven't learnt this after 4 seasons?

Deoxyribonucleic
01-18-2006, 01:09 PM
Don't watch it. I'd be to embarrassed for those people if I did!

I can't wait 'til it goes away! Just shows how bad most TV really is. Boo Hiss

CaptainSolo1138
01-18-2006, 01:43 PM
I half watched it. It seems much more predictable this time around. There's the black guy singing Luther Vandross, there's the white girl trying to be like Christina Aguillara (sp? Meh, not like I really care), there's the eccentric guy who makes a fool out of himself, etc., etc., etc. *YAWN!*

It's gonna be tough to match last season. There were so many good "characters" on there that anything like it is gonna seem like it's just a rehash. As of right now, I don't see myself watching it this season.

El Chuxter
01-18-2006, 01:59 PM
I hope Constantine comes back on the show for an episode with Chuck Norris as the guest judge, and Norris roundhouses him on live TV!

CaptainSolo1138
01-18-2006, 02:16 PM
I hope Constantine comes back on the show for an episode with Chuck Norris as the guest judge, and Norris roundhouses him on live TV!
Actually, Norris only had to think it from the comfort of his armchair. (http://www.ebaumsworld.com/constantinefalls.html)

JediTricks
01-18-2006, 07:29 PM
Stupid Yahoo TV Listings said 9pm would be a new ep of House last night, I go to watch and there's some stupid warbling morons. I wait it out a few minutes thinking they're just running over, as this stupid show often does, but about 5 mins in it became abundantly clear that I was just wasting my time. Luckily I didn't miss too much of Scrubs, and caught the rest on tape anyway. But still, I really can't stand Americal Idol.

UKWildcat
01-18-2006, 11:40 PM
I guess this is one of my guilty pleasures. I will usually watch the end of it when I come home from work, or have it on in the background. I don't mind watching the "stupid warbling morons", as JT put it lol , it is often funny. I am not a fan of Seacrest or Abdul *clap clap* but Cowell's brutal honesty is quite entertaining. Meh... I don't mind the show.

Stupid Yahoo TV Listings said 9pm would be a new ep of House last night,
Off topic but we won't get to see a new ep of House until 2/7. This is one of the best shows on TV and I was glad to see Hugh Laurie win the Golden Globe. :thumbsup:

JEDIpartner
01-30-2006, 03:29 PM
I really enjoyed the part where Cowell asks the one contestant if he had taken any vocal training and the guy says he bought Randy and Paula's DVD. Cowell went on and on about how hilarious of an endorsement that was since he couldn't sing well at all!!!

vader121
01-31-2006, 02:46 PM
I actually enjoy watching the auditions and seeing all walks of life either singing when they totally can't but somehow think they are the next great thing (I blame their friends and family for giving them false hope and lying to them) or other idiots just trying to get on tv wearing ridiculous costumes or acting like a total moron. After the auditions I stop watching it.

DarthQuack
02-22-2006, 08:04 PM
Go Taylor Hicks....the old dude with the grey hair....he's crazy and insane....lol

CaptainSolo1138
02-22-2006, 09:03 PM
Go Taylor Hicks....the old dude with the grey hair....he's crazy and insane....lol
I love that guy, too! He's not that old though. I think he's only 29. He's easily my wife and I's favorite.

If I had to pick two guys to go home, it's the fat Mexican guy and the kid who thought that singing "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" was a good idea.

UKWildcat
02-22-2006, 09:03 PM
I like Kellie Pickler (http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/kellie_pickler/) and Becky O'Donohue (http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/becky_odonohue/)

Here are all of the contestants (http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/), if anyone cares.

CaptainSolo1138
02-22-2006, 09:24 PM
As far as the chicks go, I like her (http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/katharine_mcphee/). She sings really good and (most importantly) she's the hottest.

JimJamBonds
02-22-2006, 11:32 PM
Here are all of the contestants (http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/), if anyone cares.

What a bunch of tools!!!!!

El Chuxter
02-23-2006, 09:01 AM
Hey, she lives in LA! Maybe I'll run into her at the gas station or something!

Seriously, agreed on both Katharine and Taylor. Everyone else is a Flornbi on crack. Even though Taylor sort of blew one of my all-time favorite songs last night, he kicked everyone else's butt.

JEDIpartner
02-23-2006, 09:17 AM
I like Paris, Lisa, Mandisa & Katherine from the girls' group and Ace, Chris, Taylor and Elliott. HOWEVER... Elliott needs to get rid of that stupid "hair w/chin strap" thing he's got going on. He looks like a right fool. I can't believe no one has told him so. The girls are all quite pretty but the guys all look like they are auditioning for "GEEK IDOL".

CaptainSolo1138
02-23-2006, 10:09 AM
I like Paris, Lisa, Mandisa & Katherine from the girls' group and Ace, Chris, Taylor and Elliott. HOWEVER... Elliott needs to get rid of that stupid "hair w/chin strap" thing he's got going on. He looks like a right fool. I can't believe no one has told him so. The girls are all quite pretty but the guys all look like they are auditioning for "GEEK IDOL".I like Paris' singing voice, but her regular voice gets to me.

As far as the whole geek part, I have to agree for the most part. The only two fellas who have "the" look to them are Ace and the bald guy who sang "Wanted Dead or Alive". The rest are just kinda gumpy. Especially the little kid with the lisp.

El Chuxter
02-23-2006, 10:38 AM
Who's the super-annoying girl who likes to argue with Simon, who went on about having claws or some crap? I'd like for her to get a spin-off show, where every week, a clone of her is run over by a bus, eaten by bears, roundhouse kicked by Chuck Norris, given a sex change and kicked in the groin by Rob Liefeld, and so on.

She bugs me something fierce.

JimJamBonds
02-23-2006, 01:17 PM
I like Kellie Pickler (http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/kellie_pickler/) and Becky O'Donohue (http://www.idolonfox.com/contestants/becky_odonohue/)

Hey UK you'll have to check out the next issue of Maxim seems that Ms. O'Donohue will be in it.
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ap/20060223/114071664000.html

JEDIpartner
02-24-2006, 09:06 AM
Who's the super-annoying girl who likes to argue with Simon, who went on about having claws or some crap? I'd like for her to get a spin-off show, where every week, a clone of her is run over by a bus, eaten by bears, roundhouse kicked by Chuck Norris, given a sex change and kicked in the groin by Rob Liefeld, and so on.

She bugs me something fierce.

Ooooh... that's Brenna (sp?)!!! I hate her as well. She is this year's Mikalah Gordon (the little mouthy b*tch who looked and sounded like a more annoying Fran Drescher). I was really hoping that America would have thought, "you know, we're tired of this crap... vote her off!!!"

I'd have to agree with the choices that were made last night.

Gone:
Stevie ("opera" girl)
Becky (the model chick)
Bobby (Mr. Cheese)
Patrick (Big Bird)

dr_evazan22
02-24-2006, 10:24 PM
I'm almost ashamed to admit, but I've been watching it this year. I wanted to make sure I saw it from the beginning, with all the bad auditions.

I like Kelly Pickler too, but don't think she'll go all the way. I also think she looked better in her more 'natural' look. The photo that was linked, which was how she was dressed last night, looked too polished.

I agree with you about brenna JP. I was flipping to Idol on commercial breaks from Survivor. I saw her stand up with 2 others to see who got the least votes. I was really hoping it was her. I think if she hadn't been picked at the auditions she would've walked out cussing like some of the other girls did.

UKWildcat
02-24-2006, 10:31 PM
Hey UK you'll have to check out the next issue of Maxim seems that Ms. O'Donohue will be in it.
http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ap/20060223/114071664000.html

Yummy!!!

I also think she looked better in her more 'natural' look. The photo that was linked, which was how she was dressed last night, looked too polished.

Yea, I agree 100%. I think she looked much better when she auditioned and wasn't wearing all the makeup and such. You're right, the natural look was much better for her. I almost didn't recognize her at first. But, she is still one of my favs.

JEDIpartner
02-28-2006, 08:44 PM
Okay... Brenna totally ruined my evening. She sucked and I hate her anyhow. It was like she was singing "Last Dance" but she was mad... but too lazy to get mad. Actually... all of the girls kinda sucked tonight. Kellie, I love you but you were boring. Paris, adorable but please sing something that's not so stodgy. My girl Mandisa threwdown tonight. Katherine... you disappointed me. Lisa... not so good tonight.

An exchange I am waiting to hear on the show...

Contestant: "Well, I really enjoyed myself up here."
Simon Cowell: "You enjoyed yourself? Well, that's good... it's almost like m**********g in the dark. Isn't it? You're the only one who got anything out of it."

dr_evazan22
02-28-2006, 08:52 PM
While I don't think Kellie was bad tonight I didn't like the way her song was arranged. We had 1 verse, then 60 - 90 seconds of repeating chorus. To me that sounds boring.

I agree that the performances that I saw didn't seem all that good tonight.

The way Brenna can't seem to publicly acknowledge that she does have shortcomings reminds me of a certain president we have. Maybe her attitude will do her in.

dr_evazan22
02-28-2006, 11:19 PM
What exactly happened with the twins? I saw that they were in some trouble, but didn't really get the whole story.

JEDIpartner
03-01-2006, 08:05 AM
They were convicted of felonies. I think it was grand theft or something.

El Chuxter
03-01-2006, 09:05 AM
I once saw a rock that was more intelligent than Kellie. And it was my fondest wish during her performance that, after it was over, silence would descend upon the building and Bonnie Raitt would step up out of the audience and b-slap her.

UKWildcat
03-01-2006, 10:00 AM
I once saw a rock that was more intelligent than Kellie. And it was my fondest wish during her performance that, after it was over, silence would descend upon the building and Bonnie Raitt would step up out of the audience and b-slap her.

Thats funny and all, but I'm confused as to why you don't like Kellie? I think she is one of the better contestants out of the whole group. She's easy to like and pull for (so I thought), and she doesn't sing nearly as bad as some of the other contestants. I actually like her singing (I do like country so that may be why). She's really cute and I can see America falling in love with her (if they haven't already, I know I have), meaning that she will make it very far into the competition.

But what do I know? I'm just a rock. ;) :D lol

El Chuxter
03-01-2006, 10:14 AM
She reminds me too much of the generic blonde country-western bimbo with a hard-luck story who sounds like every other generic blonde country-western bimbo with a hard-luck story. Carrie Underwood Version 2.0.

Cute, yes. Something special, no.

And I know where Albemarle is (I used to live not far from there), and it's not nearly as far in the boondocks as the producers are trying to lead us to believe. So that bugs me, too, although it's the producers' fault and not hers.

Agreed that most of them suck, but that's normally the way it is this early in the game.

BTW, if you are a rock, I am an iiiiiiiiiiiiiiisland. lol

JEDIpartner
03-01-2006, 03:27 PM
Thank you!!!! She's sweet but I can't get on-board with her act.

UKWildcat
03-01-2006, 03:56 PM
...but that's normally the way it is this early in the game.

Very true.

She's sweet but I can't get on-board with her act.

I've been on-board since when she auditioned so I can't jump ship now. :D

JEDIpartner
03-01-2006, 04:44 PM
Ooooh... I've changed my mind with the contestants many times.

JEDIpartner
03-01-2006, 07:59 PM
I am officially sick of contestants singing country and Stevie Wonder.

UKWildcat
03-01-2006, 08:31 PM
That Chris guy sure did light it up there at the end.

JEDIpartner
03-02-2006, 08:46 AM
He was good, as was Gideon and Elliott. David, Kevin, Will and Sway would be welcome exits for me.

Speaking of Chris:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b27/AmericanDevil/Things/chris.jpg

dr_evazan22
03-02-2006, 06:56 PM
So many of the performances seem like good karaoke, but Gedeon and Chris gave great performances. I had taped it since I had to work and watched gedeon's 3x.

I think Kellie could make it to the final 12, but I don't see her being a finalist.

JEDIpartner
03-02-2006, 07:31 PM
YES!!!!!! Brenna is GONE!!!! See ya, beeyatch!!!!

dr_evazan22
03-02-2006, 08:06 PM
I just switched over at the end... I wish I could have seen her face when she was voted out. And maybe the faces of the judges too.

UKWildcat
03-02-2006, 08:11 PM
YES!!!!!! Brenna is GONE!!!! See ya, beeyatch!!!!

WOOOHOOO!!!!! Party Time!!! :thumbsup:

JEDIpartner
03-03-2006, 08:39 AM
They totally got it right this week. Brenna, Heather, David and Jose "Sway". I'm gonna miss David though 'cos he was kinda handsome... LOL

dr_evazan22
03-07-2006, 08:23 PM
Tonight Kellie sounded a bit like one of the dumb blondes that I hear on Stern, who doesn't know the meaning of words or current events. Other then that, I thought she did well tonight. She looked really hot.

Mandisa had a great performance.

Did Parris borrow Brenna's dress from last week? The one she wore over a pair of jeans? It looked bad on Brenna. Parris, I think, is a really good singer / performer, but tonight, she didn't bring it home. In fact, except for 2 or 3 of them they were all just ordinary. Simon's comment to Mandisa was dead on - she was heads and shoulders above the others.

El Chuxter
03-07-2006, 11:32 PM
I missed tonight, but if past experience is any indication, Mandisa did indeed kick it old school style. :cheeky:

JEDIpartner
03-09-2006, 10:40 AM
Mandisa was the best of the bunch. Kellie... what a sweetheart. Please learn to sing. Elliott was weak this week. Ace... his falsetto was shrill and irritating. Simon agreed with me... "The beginning and end were great". Chris... still good (Eddie Vedder/Nickleback/Scott Stapp sounding) but his performance was unremarkable. I don't know if I could buy him as a solo act. He sounds more like the front person of a band. Gideon was good but I can't get behind him. Something about him irritates me. I don't like the way he over enunciates when he speaks either. It's creepy.

Should go: Kinnik, Melissa (who was good this week but hasn't been a contender), Kevin and Will.

JEDIpartner
03-09-2006, 08:40 PM
As expected... Will and Kinnik are gone...

Surprise shocker!!! Ayla Brown and Gideon are GONE!!!!!

Gideon was remote and detatched and I think that put a lot of people off. As far as Ayla goes... I can't figure that one out. She was definitely most consistant than Melissa. Oh well... *sigh*

dr_evazan22
03-09-2006, 09:01 PM
Yeah, I was expecting Kevin to go this week. Maybe a lot of old ladies called up to vote for him.

CaptainSolo1138
03-10-2006, 06:53 AM
Yeah, I was expecting Kevin to go this week. Maybe a lot of old ladies called up to vote for him.
That's gotta be the only thing keeping him around, because he's not that good.

Ayla getting the boot surprises me. She had a good voice and "the look". I missed all three nites this week, so I'm just going on what I've seen of her. Did she suck that bad?

JEDIpartner
03-10-2006, 08:29 AM
She wasn't very good this week. I'm sure this just destroyed her, though. I have a feeling she usually gets what she's going after. Nope... not good at all. I'm surprised that they didn't take into account that she's been pretty good up until this week and that Melissa's been pretty bad until this week.

I'm really tired of Kellie already. She already won last year and with a better voice-- under the name "Carrie Underwood". If she wins this year, they should just change the name of the show to "Same as Last Year Idol". :rolleyes:

Kevin always looks like a scared kid, driving in fog while trying to get gnats away from his face without using his hands while he's singing.

El Chuxter
03-10-2006, 08:57 AM
People were mad that Ayla wasn't wearing a skimpy Jedi outfit.

JEDIpartner
03-10-2006, 03:00 PM
You ig. :rolleyes:

dr_evazan22
03-10-2006, 03:17 PM
The outfit she wore for her performance on tues looked like she had just walked in Gap, or AE or somewhere, and then went on stage. I thought it was totally wrong for this competition. IMO if highlighted how freakishly tall she is.

Since you didn't make it Ayla, try modelling.

When Simon made his comments to Kevin on Wed night I thought he was going to cry. I wonder how much mom and dad spent calling in all those votes. Another thing kev has going for him is he could be having hundreds of kids calling in from his school.

UKWildcat
03-15-2006, 05:21 PM
I think that little Clay Aiken type nerd will get kicked off tonight. Kevin, I think his name is.

El Chuxter
03-15-2006, 08:13 PM
Last night was so boring, I fell asleep right after Mandisa's performance.

I think Kelly and Bucky are so incredibly stupid, they are destined to have a kid and name him Snigtad.

UKWildcat
03-15-2006, 11:41 PM
I think Kelly and Bucky are so incredibly stupid, they are destined to have a kid and name him Snigtad.

Easy buddy! ;)

You know I like Kelly, although I can easily see how you could be annoyed by her. She didn't do well at all this past round, but its obvious that the people of America like her. I think there are a handful of people that should and will depart before she does.

Bucky is cool with me. I like the backwoods folk. :D

I'm surprised that little s**t Kevin didn't get booted off! Gosh... just because he reminds people of Clay Aiken, weighs 70 lbs and looks like Chicken Little, doesn't mean people should vote for him. Really... I think I could get on stage and blow better notes out of my a** than him!

JEDIpartner
03-16-2006, 11:43 AM
I knew it would be Melissa this week. She was one of those people who you could tell wouldn't ahve people in her corner once she got in the top 12.

He's the male Kellie in this group. Both are pretty to look at but only deliver from time to time. Lisa needs to drop the whole ballad mind-set and take some risks.

My top 5 (in no particular order) based on this week alone are:
Katherine
Paris
Mandisa
Chris
Taylor

I have a feeling that Elliott won't get an overwhelming number of votes in the coming weeks despite the fact that he has the most malleable voice. He lacks stage presence and charisma.

Seriously, Kevin needs to go next. He's got an attitude now and is full of himself. He's not in on the joke and he'll be a handful soon.

I'm tired of Chris's routine... but he's good. He just needs to front a band. He's not solo-worthy. His record would sound like a band record anyhow, so he might as well do it to it.

It was nice to see Taylor not looking quite so affected in his performance this week. Paris's performance was nicely sassy. Katherine made me feel relaxed and happy. It was breezy and effortless. Mandisa did some big girl throwdown. :)

Bucky... well-- he did better than I expected but I think his days are numbered. I see Lisa, Bucky and Kevin going home over the next couple weeks. I'll have to check out the news on the 'net since I'll be leaving for Japan a week from next Saturday.

UKWildcat
03-17-2006, 12:39 AM
Seriously, Kevin needs to go next. He's got an attitude now and is full of himself. He's not in on the joke and he'll be a handful soon.

Okay good... I'm glad I'm not the only one that can't stand him. Yea, that attitude is something else. It only makes him appear more of a jack hole and something that he is not and pretends to be.

I'm tired of Chris's routine... but he's good.

I agree, but he is still one of my favs. I thought the S Wonder would throw him off but it didn't. He took that stuff and made it his own. He does sing the same style over and over but he is real good at it, so why not? It definitely works for him and he rocks it when he does it. Chris is one of my favorites and as of now I think he has a real good chance of winning this competition.

Bucky... well-- he did better than I expected but I think his days are numbered. I see Lisa, Bucky and Kevin going home over the next couple weeks.

Yea, I don't mind Bucky. I am actually kinda pulling for him, Underdog style. But he doesn't have "America's Vote" so I think he will be departing the show soon. Kevin had better leave before him though!

I'll have to check out the news on the 'net since I'll be leaving for Japan a week from next Saturday.

Have a safe trip JEDIpartnr!!!

JEDIpartner
03-17-2006, 11:04 AM
I thought the S Wonder would throw him off but it didn't.

Have a safe trip JEDIpartnr!!!

Actually, he made it "The Red Hot Chili Peppers" and not really his own. He just used a pre-tested adaptation to suit his needs better. Therefore... I can't be that excited about it. Still... he's one of the better contestants this season.

Thanks for the bon voyage. :)

UKWildcat
03-17-2006, 11:37 AM
That's right! I forgot 'The Red Hot Chili Peppers' covered that song. I bet they mentioned that durning the show too.

dr_evazan22
03-17-2006, 04:48 PM
Kellie is SOOO HOT! I'm glad she didn't get kicked off. I just want to see her and Katherine McPhee hold hands and jump up and down, maybe in tight jeans.

Then hug.

I'm tired of Ace's act. I think he comes off phony, at least to me.

UKWildcat
03-18-2006, 06:04 PM
Kellie is SOOO HOT!

Agreed!

I just want to see her and Katherine McPhee hold hands and jump up and down, maybe in tight jeans.

Sounds good. Hmmm... I'd maybe even pay money to see that. Bikinis or wet Ts would work too.

Then hug.

and maybe kiss?!?! :love:

(we can dream can't we? lol )

dr_evazan22
03-21-2006, 09:06 PM
Just as the show was ending, the camera was pulling back from the stage, and Kellie ran over and hugged Katherine! If only the camera were closer. And I liked Ryan's comment to Katherine about using double sided tape while she was jumping around after her performance.

The songs that Taylor and Bucky picked out, IMO, were very repetitive and I didn't care for them too much.

Paris is amazing! I think she'll have a great career.

It's time for Lisa Tucker to go home. Her, then Mr Chicken Little himself, Kevin Kovais. Kevin needs to develop some fashion sense... I mean, even if he just layers on a t-shirt.

Chris, I thought, was great. One of the better performances tonight.

El Chuxter
03-21-2006, 11:39 PM
Christ, that bald guy was pathetic. Everyone gave him credit for the great, original arrangement. It was a half-a**ed, soulless carbon copy of LIVE's version!

BTW, what is sadder: Kellie and Bucky not knowing any Stevie Wonder songs, or Barry Manilow not knowing "Walking After Midnight"?

JEDIpartner
03-22-2006, 08:40 AM
They did that to Chris last week as well. He did the Chili Peppers version of the Stevie Wonder song. Big deal!

Kellie was actually good last night. That was pretty much the first time I could say that she didn't sound trepidatious or bored.

I just have to say... Mandisa! Mandisa! Mandisa!!!!!!

UKWildcat
03-22-2006, 08:27 PM
There is a God!!! Thank you!!!:thumbsup: lol :thumbsup: :crazed: :thumbsup:

JEDIpartner
03-23-2006, 08:22 AM
I'm SO glad that Kavin Covais got the boot last night. They really got the bottom three right this week.

Ace was surprisingly good this week. it was nice to hear him sing in full voice a few times and not that breathy coo that he is so fond of.

Chris-- I'm liking him less and less as the weeks pass. His act is getting stale to me and they are giving him credit for the arrangements and what he's really doing is just playing it safe and taking from what's already been done.

Katharine is the one I'm liking more and more each week.

Kellie actually sounded good this week but didn't have the attitude of the song right. He take was more "burning" and less "hurting". I've realised that Kellie has turned her bumpkin innocence into an act and that's bad. Very bad. The fact that she asked "What's 'ballsy'?" last night proved that she's developing a schtick. Tired.

Taylor seriously needed a better song.

Elliott, I feel is really the best male vocalist of the competition. He wasn't amazing this week and he needs to work on his stage presence. BUT-- I think he has the most potential. His hair growth and facial hair are making him a little easier to watch.

My top spots go to (in no particular order): Mandisa, Paris, Katharine and Elliott.

UKWildcat
03-23-2006, 10:02 AM
I've realised that Kellie has turned her bumpkin innocence into an act and that's bad. Very bad. The fact that she asked "What's 'ballsy'?" last night proved that she's developing a schtick. Tired.

As you know, I like Kellie, but I agree 100% with what you said. It is getting old, really quick. The "ballsy" thing, the "mink" thing, etc. I will admit I laughed pretty hard when she mentioned her face was in the pickle on the poster in the audience, but still. I don't like the act she is putting on at all. Well, hopefully it is an act. :rolleyes:

JEDIpartner
03-23-2006, 10:10 AM
I can understand her not knowing what a "minx" is. Most Americans have never used that word much less heard it. The "ballsy" thing however...? Come on Gurrrrrrrrl!

El Chuxter
03-24-2006, 02:18 PM
Thankfully, I wasn't the only fan of LIVE watching the show:

From Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060324/ap_en_tv/tv_american_idol;_ylt=AiminzmtxcN.rvGH6_PHetas0NUE ;_ylu=X3oDMTA3YXYwNDRrBHNlYwM3NjI-):

'Idol' Fans Say Daughtry Copied Song

WASHINGTON - "American Idol" chat rooms were buzzing Friday over a controversy surrounding Chris Daughtry's version of "I Walk the Line."

Judges praised Daughtry for making the song his own when he performed the Johnny Cash tune on the Fox network show.

But some fans say the version wasn't Daughtry's, but ripped off from one done by the band Live in 2001.

One fan posted a message saying, "I just want to punch him in his bald head." Another reads: "This guy is a rip-off. Judges are plain dumb." And a third message says, "Live singer Ed Kowalczyk called and said that he would like his vocal style" back.

JEDIpartner
03-24-2006, 03:10 PM
Wow...!!! So true!!

UKWildcat
05-18-2006, 05:08 PM
Well, were down to Taylor and Katherine. Out of these two I could really careless who wins. As many of you know, I was pulling for Elliot and he has now departed. It is a shame because Elliot was a much better singer than Taylor, but like CS1138 said back at SWC it is nothing but a popularity contest. Hopefully Elliot will still get some sort of record deal out of this.

DarthQuack
05-18-2006, 06:03 PM
I was just happy to see Chris D. go home, especially the way he was dismissed by Seacrest.

JEDIpartner
05-21-2006, 08:50 AM
Out of these two I could really careless who wins.

So... how much less COULD you care? ;)

:laugh:

El Chuxter
05-24-2006, 02:48 PM
SOUL PATROL! SOUL PATROL! SOUL PATROL! SOUL PATROL! SOUL PATROL! SOUL PATROL!

Again, Taylor dominated. I was sick of Katherine "I must suddenly think I'm Kimberly Caldwell" McPhee's little Wizard of Oz bit after ten seconds last week, and this was no better. And her single sucked. It made the Spice Girls look like freaking masterful songwriters.

Taylor's single wasn't a whole lot better, but the man worked with what was there. It's the difference between an artist and someone who can merely sing damned well.

My guess is, especially after last night's performances, it's going to be a landslide for Taylor. If nothing else, which of the two do you think Elliott's fans will lean toward?

JEDIpartner
05-24-2006, 06:18 PM
I liked "Over the Rainbow". I thought it was good. The singles they performed, however, were horrid and cheesy all the way. Shame on them!!!

UKWildcat
05-24-2006, 06:22 PM
So... how much less COULD you care?;)

Enough to not watch last nights show. I won't watch tonights show either. :pleased:

In all honesty though; If there wasn't basketball on last night or tonight, I would have tuned into AI. :D

Kidhuman
05-25-2006, 12:07 AM
I actually watched 2 segments of tonights show, one with LIVE, that kid totally killed the song. And was shocked as hell when my wife told me Prince was on there.

El Chuxter
05-25-2006, 10:20 AM
Really? I always thought Chris seemed like a poseur to me. :)

And again:

SOUL PATROOOOOOOOOOOOL!!

I know this isn't exactly the right place to ask, but anyone up for rocking American Idoltars?

JEDIpartner
05-25-2006, 12:32 PM
Maybe next year.

I only tuned in during the last three minutes (during a commercial break on LOST) to see who won. As if it were a big surprise.

El Chuxter
05-25-2006, 12:39 PM
I didn't even catch it at first, but it must have been a landslide (like I predicted). This is the first finale where they didn't give the percentages for the voting.

Any guesses which songs will be the b-sides for their singles? I'm hoping for "Levon" from Taylor. That song (the original, I mean) is either the greatest or second greatest song ever recorded.

JEDIpartner
05-25-2006, 12:55 PM
I never cared for the song until Taylor sang it. The gravelly voice seemed to give the lyrics more weight. Kinda weird... innit?

pegger
05-25-2006, 01:22 PM
I'm glad Taylor won - but I suspect his career will be like Reuben's.

El Chuxter
05-25-2006, 01:31 PM
Hopefully not. Hopefully the producers will (for once) recognize why he won over the American public and he'll put out albums similar to what he's done on the show. (With the obvious exception of the poopariffic first single he sang last night.)

JEDIpartner
05-25-2006, 03:59 PM
They need to stop producing records in the "American Idol" mindset and just make a record like they would with a proper ARTIST!!!!