PDA

View Full Version : Collecting-specific mental disorders. Funny read, but oh so true about us.

jedi master sal
01-18-2006, 08:37 AM
Any of this sound like you?
When you find that exclusive MOMC do you fear . . . . well read number nine.

1. Section organization obsession/compulsion: Feeling the need to organize
the specific section in the toy aisle of the line(s) you collect, sometimes
with the fantasy that the stockers will notice either the number of pegwarmers
and put them on clearance or there is available space on the pegs and order
new product. Examples of this behavior are putting all of one action figure on
one peg, and sorting action figures by waves or using some other
classification system.

2. Collection presentation visitation anxiety: Feelings of fear present when
individuals who are NOT collectors observe your collection at close
proximity that they will clumsily bump into your shelves/etc. creating a catastrophic
domino effect with your loose action figures.

3. Toy Production Fantasia: Wasting one's mental energy and time thinking of
things for toy companies to produce that have not yet been made and you are
NOT an employee of that company involved in the decision-making process.

4. Completist Irrational Self-Defeating Resentment: Feeling anger toward a
toy company for your purchasing an item you do not want because it has perhaps been re-issued in different packaging but feeling a compulsion to purchase it because having an "incomplete" collection creates feelings of anxiety and dissatisfaction.

5. Collecting-Related Self-Induced Sleep Deprivation Disorder: Making
yourself get up at ridiculous hours to search open-24-hours toy markets or to be in the toy aisle when the store opens to have a chance at the first fruits. Can
be measured in degrees, with most severe cases feeling a compulsion to do
this almost every day, even when experience has shown stores do not stock every day.

6. Collecting-Hypocrite-In-Denial Syndrome: Feeling superior to other toy
collectors because in your mind, what you collect is more "cool" than what they
collect.

7. Toys-As-Drugs Significant Other Avoidance Syndrome: Feeling a need to
hide your new acquisitions from disapproving significant others (romantic
partners, parents, co-workers, etc.) to either avoid confrontation (i.e. "You spend too much money on toys!") or ridicule.

8. Inanimate Object Irrational Anger Displacement: Cursing/screaming at
loose action figures that will not consistently stand up and sometimes fall down,
knocking over other loose action figures in close proximity. Sometimes
involves "threatening" the offending action figure with the oven, dismemberment, etc., if it keeps falling down and informing it that it can be easily replaced by another from Ebay or some other toy source.

9. Pre-Purchase Damage-By-Cashier Anxiety: Feelings of fear that the cashier
will crease the card/crush the bubble during the process of scanning and
bagging your mint-on-mint-card action figures.

10. COMPETITIVE COLLECTING REACTION: A feeling of urgency and a quickening of movement when entering the toy aisle and noticing another person ogling the
section you have come to investigate, emotional experience and behavioral
reaction made more intense by noticing new product on the pegs/shelves. Sometimes results in grabbing behavior.

11. COLLECTOR CAPITALIST RESENTMENT SYNDROME: Nurturing a mortal hatred of individuals, commonly dubbed scalpers, who purchase new toys and then attempt to sell them at inflated prices to others. Another syndrome that can manifest in degrees, from mild annoyance to murderous inclinations.

12. PREJUDICIAL PACKAGE DAMAGING COMPULSION: Affects some loose collectors, involves deliberately damaging carded action figures in the store, presumably so carded collectors will have to pass them by and they will remain in the store for either loose collectors or, in rare cases, children. Motivated by a
PSEUDO-MORAL COLLECTING DELUSION that loose collecting is somehow more ethical than carded collecting.

13. AVARICIOUS COLLECTING DELUSION: The belief that all these mass-produced toys that tons of people now collect will someday be worth significantly more
money than they are today.

14. IRRATIONAL PACKAGING SEPARATION ANXIETY: A feeling of loss or intrinsic
"wrongness" in throwing away packaging of a toy that has been opened. Sufferers of this disorder sometimes have closets full of empty boxes and
carefully-sliced open cards with minimal damage.

15. ACUTE ACCESSORY LOSS GRIEF DISORDER: Losing/misplacing an action figure accessory that results in a profound feeling of frustration and loss and often is followed by the re-purchase of the same action figure so you have a
"complete" one.

16. COLLECTOR IDENTITY SHAME DISORDER: Feeling a compulsion to conceal one's collecting from the general public. Sometimes results in only entering toy aisle when no one else is in the aisle and making inane dishonest comments to
cashiers like "This is a birthday present for my nephew."

17. COLLECTOR RETAIL RETURN POLICY ABUSE: Purchasing items for collecting
purposes and then changing ones' mind for any number of reasons and returning them to a store that accepts packaged returns, even if the items were not purchased there. Often accompanied by lame excuses like "I got these for my birthday and I already had them." Acute sufferers of this disorder are
scalpers/hoarders who purchase multiples of new or "rare" items and then when said items become common at retail or fail to significantly increase in secondary market value, will return hoarded multiples to a retail outlet.

18. ACQUISITIVE ARMY BUILDER MEGALOMANIA: A compulsion to purchase every "army builder" action figure you find. Very difficult to resist when said army
builders are found at clearance prices, even if action figures are not needed/wanted for a specific purpose.

19. COLLECTOR PRE-PURCHASE MANIC EPISODE: Characterized by an initial state of excitement upon finding new items at retail followed by a state of mild to intense paranoia that others will try to take your find from you, so you try to haul your stash as quickly and as discreetly as possible to the nearest check out aisle. This sometimes involves, in cases of finding multiple items at once, carrying stacks of carded action figures precariously balanced between your hands rather than leave them unattended to go get a shopping cart for fear that in the one minute it takes to go fetch a shopping cart, someone else will materialize and rob you of your find while you are absent from the toy aisle. Such an episode is often followed by:

20. POST-GRATIFICATION-TRANSFER-OF-OBSESSION COLLECTING REACTION: In which, after finding new items you have searched for, you almost immediately begin the contemplation of purchasing even newer items you have not found yet that may not even have been released to retail, that you have so far only seen loose pics of on the internet.

21. TOY INDUCED GRATIFICATION INVERSION DISORDER: The feeling of satisfaction at making a great find rapidly dissipates once the toy is placed amongst others in the collection. This leads to a dramatic let-down and feeling of gnawing emptiness which spawns the:

22. ACQUISITION ANXIETY FLUX: Once having acquired yet another 'important', 'htf' or 'grail' piece and having placed it amongst its brethren, the collector feels at once proud of the piece and resentful of it. The piece has robbed the collector of the thrill of needing and hunting for something. In a sense, this is the loss of
innocence and purpose. In desperate need of identity and meaning, the collector is driven to recapture the lost innocence. This is typically accomplished by means of:

23. SELF-INDUCED INCOMPLETION DELUSIONS: The collector convinces himself that his collection is incomplete, as a pretext to hunt for more toys. Casual glances at the collection can bring sudden feelings of self-hate, which is often mixed with self-pity. Concurrently, the collector balances his psyche by generating a visceral need for another toy to 'complete' the collection. The hunt is on, and the collector consults various on-line support groups in the quest for fulfillment. Gratification, though, is short-lived, as the Find typically leads to the TOY INDUCED GRATIFICATION INVERSION DISORDER, and the cycle repeats.

24. Pre-Order Anxiety Syndrome: This disorder is caused when viewing a shopping website allowing a "pre-order" for a toy or collectible that is very high on your wish list. The tiny thought of you not finding the item leads you into a panic, causing you to pre-order the item as well as a few other toys you may or may not have bought just to save on shipping. Which leads to the stress and frustration of actually FINDING the toy at a much better price, AND... before your item even arrives at your door.

25. COPYCAT COLLECTING DISORDER: This illness comes from seeing a friend or stranger with a COOL looking toy(s) that you never thought of collecting. You envy this person. You want to be this person. But to do that... you must OWN THAT TOY (or collection). So begins your trek of collecting the other toy line you never thought you would. This disorder is also linked to:

26. MUST BUY SOMETHING STRESS: This is when you go to any old store unsuccessful of finding anything, so you buy a completely random toy just to satisfy that inner urge to spend.

Sith Lord 0498
01-18-2006, 09:07 AM
Definitely #20 and a little bit of #2 and #21. :)

LusiferSam
01-18-2006, 10:59 AM
Yes to #2, #6, #14, #16, and #25. I use to have #3, #4, #21,#22, and #23, but have been cured of those.

InsaneJediGirl
01-18-2006, 11:34 AM
Yes to 2,3,8,11,14,15,19 and 21.

jedi master sal
01-18-2006, 12:02 PM
Heh heh, I didn't think people would actually list their's...

Okay, so here's mine:
1,2,3,9,10 (used to, but not any more), 11, 14, 18, 19, 20, 24 (kind of, have really only done this twice), 26 whoo-boy, I've done this. I've taken to collecting parts of other toy lines when I can't fins new SW swag.

Number 19 I've been quite guilty of. I on average don't expect to find much, mostly because I work a 8:30am-5pm job. So by the time I get to places, there's usually not a lot of new roduct. So I don't take a cart. But on those occassion when I luck out and find stuff...I'm a toy carrying fool.

Droid
01-18-2006, 12:32 PM
1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10, 14, 15, 16 (oh boy 16), 18 (but not anymore), 19, 20

It's like looking in a mirror. Who wrote this? It is brilliant.

LTBasker
01-18-2006, 12:41 PM
Definitely have 10, 11 and 14. I have 18 a bit, but only care so much when the figure is hard to find and I probably won't find extras later.

JetsAndHeels
01-18-2006, 12:47 PM
These are great, and funny as heck because they are all true. The ones I experience most are 9, 10, 11, 20, and 26.
In addition to these I am going to be honest and say I have actually done #16 before, saying it was a gift for someone else. lol

Deoxyribonucleic
01-18-2006, 01:33 PM
Used to have 6 in the early 90's before the new figs started coming out then I heard about Steve Sansweet and all that fell apart around me (I only had my vintage collection at the time, while I have most of the figs...most of them loose, vehicles, playsets and 12 " action figures all open and played with (as most of us do anyway lol) I thought "Mine's the best and biggest! Makes me laugh so hard now :D

10 - not as much as I used to but I do get this excited feeling and hope of finding new stuff. I would never and have never grabbed anything from anyone. If someone is there looking already, I wait behind them but it's few and far between that I stop by stores these days (I get my stuff from EE usually) to get stuff...I just don't have the time...this is no time to talk about time, I haven't got the time!

8 - only when I was a little kid. I remember a specific incident of getting very angry (I don't remember why though) and throwing one of my vintage stormtroopers up against the wall several times cuz it ****ed me off! God, I think about that now and it makes me laugh so hard! And I remember getting mad at my vintage han solo figure (he was my fav) because I'd misplaced him in the death star elevator and couldn't find him for some time...like it was his fault or something!? lol lol

Great thread JMS :thumbsup:

one that's not in there or maybe I missed it, is that sometimes I get a little envious of people who get a figure that I really want way before I do, just cuz I'd really like to add that to my collection. Some one posted somewhere that they have 4 of the new at-at drivers...I love that figure and can't wait to get a few and I must admit that I'm a little envious! :frus: ;)

Lord Malakite
01-18-2006, 01:53 PM
I have all 26.:sad:

Sith Lord 0498
01-18-2006, 07:45 PM
I have all 26.:sad:

Ladies and gentleman, we have a winnner!!! Quick, Sal...get a SW collector's 12 Step program on here stat!!!! :laugh:

Shadow Knight
01-18-2006, 09:33 PM
Love the list, and suffer from at least more than half of them. I believe I may have a few more disorders that were not mentioned, but we probably all do.

bobafrett
01-18-2006, 09:51 PM
Sorry to say, I suffer about 90% of that list. It would be shorter for me to list the numbers I don't suffer from. I do know that I don't mind telling people that I collect the toys for myself, and I'm proud of it. Though I did enjoy when my son was younger having the folks "think" I was buying for him, but really taking it all home for ME!

jedi master sal
01-18-2006, 10:24 PM
Hmm 12 step program huh? I'll have to think about that one.

UKWildcat
01-18-2006, 10:28 PM
1 (sometimes)
9 (definitely)
11 (who doesn't?)
21 (sometimes)

I hope no one is a 12. :mad:

bobafrett
01-18-2006, 10:34 PM
What about buying/collecting before getting neccesities? I mentioned earlier (in another thread) that I am down to three pairs of jeans. I would rather, and most of the time do spend money on figures rather than buying new clothes, and when my son was in Florida seeing his mom, I would go without trips to the supermarket, and would live on the few food items I had already in the house.

DarthBrandon
01-18-2006, 11:15 PM
No such thing as this (collecting-specific mental disorders), you don't know the history of collecting & specific mental disorders, I do, all this collecting & mental disorder gibberish just masks the problem. It just masks the problem people, you just don't get it do you, your all glib. I just masks the problem. Tom Cruise on Collecting & specific mental disorders.:D

figrin bran
01-19-2006, 02:13 AM
apparently i suffer from 1, 3,5,7,10,11,14,15,18, 19-24, 26. years and years ago i used to crease cards but no longer do and i'm in the process of dumping out my opened cards. but other than that, i don't have any problems at all. nope, none at all! and i can control myself anytime i want! ;)

CooLJoE
01-19-2006, 04:26 AM
Definetely #26, and it applies to other things besides StarWars (video games, props, sometimes movies, etc).

And I don't remember the number, but I'm guilty of not throwing away the opened packaging (as with 26, this applies to other things besides StarWars). I generally do this because its easier to sell later on when you still have the packaging. Now I don't sell mine to get more money than I paid, just sell them to reclaim some of what I paid since I don't want said item anymore. Generally this happens with PC hardware or similar things where packaging matters. For figures, I'm starting to get rid of opened packaging, as it won't matter one way or the other whether I keep it or not.

I think with the issues of keeping up with collecting figures (especially MOMC) and all the rehashes, I may cure myself of "MUST COLLECT FIGURES SYNDROME". Not saying its stupid, but its just not for me. If anything, I'll collect figures of characters that I really like (Stormies, Aayla Secura, Clones, Aayla Secura, main characters like Luke or Obi-Wan, did I say Aayla Secura yet?). This mainly came about since I tried hard to keep up, but got stuck at 1-44, and find it rather impossible to find anything new until several months after everyone else in the world has it (still have not seen a red royal guard, and have checked every so often with no luck to find a Holo Aayla Secura :( ). Oh well, on to prop collecting :)

Tycho
01-30-2006, 10:05 PM
Any of this sound like you?

1. Section organization obsession/compulsion: Feeling the need to organize
the specific section in the toy aisle of the line(s) you collect, sometimes
with the fantasy that the stockers will notice either the number of pegwarmers
and put them on clearance or there is available space on the pegs and order
new product. Examples of this behavior are putting all of one action figure on
one peg, and sorting action figures by waves or using some other
classification system.

Not exactly. I used to "market for them" - separating the pegwarmers like the Niemoidian Warriors in between other figures so they will look more rare and parents would buy them versus having them appear "unwanted."

2. Collection presentation visitation anxiety: Feelings of fear present when
individuals who are NOT collectors observe your collection at close
proximity that they will clumsily bump into your shelves/etc. creating a catastrophic
domino effect with your loose action figures.

My ex-girlfriend was terrible about this, especially accidentally kicking the end table by the couch or Cloud City that also served as one of my nightstands. One of my friends used to rearrange my figures into sexual positions too. I especially hated him messing with Chewbacca that way!

3. Toy Production Fantasia: Wasting one's mental energy and time thinking of
things for toy companies to produce that have not yet been made and you are
NOT an employee of that company involved in the decision-making process.

I can show you whole threads of this nonsense here - but Kidhuman and you Sal, are just as guilty as I am. So is Droid, BattleDroid, so many others.

4. Completist Irrational Self-Defeating Resentment: Feeling anger toward a
toy company for your purchasing an item you do not want because it has perhaps been re-issued in different packaging but feeling a compulsion to purchase it because having an "incomplete" collection creates feelings of anxiety and dissatisfaction.

Well some of you guys have real problems. I'm not a collector, so I have that much less work to do in therapy.

5. Collecting-Related Self-Induced Sleep Deprivation Disorder: Making
yourself get up at ridiculous hours to search open-24-hours toy markets or to be in the toy aisle when the store opens to have a chance at the first fruits. Can be measured in degrees, with most severe cases feeling a compulsion to do this almost every day, even when experience has shown stores do not stock every day.

OK, well it got me over 90 SA Clone Wars Clone Troopers as well as pneumonia.

6. Collecting-Hypocrite-In-Denial Syndrome: Feeling superior to other toy
collectors because in your mind, what you collect is more "cool" than what they collect.

Well we ARE so much cooler than 40 year old men who can only afford HotWheels.

7. Toys-As-Drugs Significant Other Avoidance Syndrome: Feeling a need to
hide your new acquisitions from disapproving significant others (romantic
partners, parents, co-workers, etc.) to either avoid confrontation (i.e. "You spend too much money on toys!") or ridicule.

Nope. I've gotten away with being as big of nerd as I am and still having some hot babes. They even fake an interest when they ask if Chewbacca is an Ewok, etc. My uncle? Well that's a whole 'nother story. I was only going to Toshe Station to pick up some power converters...

8. Inanimate Object Irrational Anger Displacement: Cursing/screaming at
loose action figures that will not consistently stand up and sometimes fall down, knocking over other loose action figures in close proximity. Sometimes
involves "threatening" the offending action figure with the oven, dismemberment, etc., if it keeps falling down and informing it that it can be easily replaced by another from Ebay or some other toy source. .

OK Sal, I'm getting a forensics team over to my place to scan for listening devices in my apartment. Only George Bush and Dick Cheney are allowed to have those.

9. Pre-Purchase Damage-By-Cashier Anxiety: Feelings of fear that the cashier will crease the card/crush the bubble during the process of scanning and bagging your mint-on-mint-card action figures.

Nope. I'm an opener. I don't care if you step on them. I just want to be the first to open them and take in the smell.:crazed:

10. COMPETITIVE COLLECTING REACTION: A feeling of urgency and a quickening of movement when entering the toy aisle and noticing another person ogling the section you have come to investigate, emotional experience and behavioral reaction made more intense by noticing new product on the pegs/shelves. Sometimes results in grabbing behavior. .

No it starts by running and pushing on the escalator (in two-story Targets with the toys upstairs) which follows a lot of sizing each other up and posturing outside of the store while you're waiting over 15 minutes in the cold before they actually open.

11. COLLECTOR CAPITALIST RESENTMENT SYNDROME: Nurturing a mortal hatred of individuals, commonly dubbed scalpers, who purchase new toys and then attempt to sell them at inflated prices to others. Another syndrome that can manifest in degrees, from mild annoyance to murderous inclinations.

All you need to do here is tell them that the JarJarBinks figures are valuable.

12. PREJUDICIAL PACKAGE DAMAGING COMPULSION: Affects some loose collectors, involves deliberately damaging carded action figures in the store, presumably so carded collectors will have to pass them by and they will remain in the store for either loose collectors or, in rare cases, children. Motivated by a PSEUDO-MORAL COLLECTING DELUSION that loose collecting is somehow more ethical than carded collecting.

No. I just ignore figures I don't need or want. It does irk me that some people crush cards, but I think it is scalpers who cannot afford to buy all the figures and want to force MOMC collectors to buy from them the few pristine samples they did manage to purchase.

13. AVARICIOUS COLLECTING DELUSION: The belief that all these mass-produced toys that tons of people now collect will someday be worth significantly more
money than they are today.

Ha! Whatever helps you, your wife, or parents sleep at night....

14. IRRATIONAL PACKAGING SEPARATION ANXIETY: A feeling of loss or intrinsic
"wrongness" in throwing away packaging of a toy that has been opened. Sufferers of this disorder sometimes have closets full of empty boxes and
carefully-sliced open cards with minimal damage.

Stay out of my closet, Sal!

15. ACUTE ACCESSORY LOSS GRIEF DISORDER: Losing/misplacing an action figure accessory that results in a profound feeling of frustration and loss and often is followed by the re-purchase of the same action figure so you have a
"complete" one.

No. In that case I'd recommend e-Bay as an accessory purchasing alternative - or Steve's auctions and trading sections here.

16. COLLECTOR IDENTITY SHAME DISORDER: Feeling a compulsion to conceal one's collecting from the general public. Sometimes results in only entering toy aisle when no one else is in the aisle and making inane dishonest comments to
cashiers like "This is a birthday present for my nephew."

No. I even asked out a TRU cashier by inviting her over to see my Wookiee.

17. COLLECTOR RETAIL RETURN POLICY ABUSE: Purchasing items for collecting
purposes and then changing ones' mind for any number of reasons and returning them to a store that accepts packaged returns, even if the items were not purchased there. Often accompanied by lame excuses like "I got these for my birthday and I already had them." Acute sufferers of this disorder are
scalpers/hoarders who purchase multiples of new or "rare" items and then when said items become common at retail or fail to significantly increase in secondary market value, will return hoarded multiples to a retail outlet.

Nope.

18. ACQUISITIVE ARMY BUILDER MEGALOMANIA: A compulsion to purchase every "army builder" action figure you find. Very difficult to resist when said army
builders are found at clearance prices, even if action figures are not needed/wanted for a specific purpose.

I don't get every army builder I find. I've just never found enough. Hehe. Actually I found over 90 SA Clones from CW during November-December of 2003 and I kept only 40 of them or so. I have 7 witnesses (who bought the rest of the clones off me).

19. COLLECTOR PRE-PURCHASE MANIC EPISODE: Characterized by an initial state of excitement upon finding new items at retail followed by a state of mild to intense paranoia that others will try to take your find from you, so you try to haul your stash as quickly and as discreetly as possible to the nearest check out aisle. This sometimes involves, in cases of finding multiple items at once, carrying stacks of carded action figures precariously balanced between your hands rather than leave them unattended to go get a shopping cart for fear that in the one minute it takes to go fetch a shopping cart, someone else will materialize and rob you of your find while you are absent from the toy aisle.

Hey. I've seen this happen!

20. POST-GRATIFICATION-TRANSFER-OF-OBSESSION COLLECTING REACTION: In which, after finding new items you have searched for, you almost immediately begin the contemplation of purchasing even newer items you have not found yet that may not even have been released to retail, that you have so far only seen loose pics of on the internet.

Uh-huh. So does anyone have Commander Cody yet?

21. TOY INDUCED GRATIFICATION INVERSION DISORDER: The feeling of satisfaction at making a great find rapidly dissipates once the toy is placed amongst others in the collection. This leads to a dramatic let-down and feeling of gnawing emptiness

Only after the smell has faded. I often pick my new acquisitions up and snort them for several days after I've released them from their plastic prison.

22. ACQUISITION ANXIETY FLUX: Once having acquired yet another 'important', 'htf' or 'grail' piece and having placed it amongst its brethren, the collector feels at once proud of the piece and resentful of it. The piece has robbed the collector of the thrill of needing and hunting for something. In a sense, this is the loss of
innocence and purpose. In desperate need of identity and meaning, the collector is driven to recapture the lost innocence.

No. Then there is the logging on to SSG part and bragging about it, first.

23. SELF-INDUCED INCOMPLETION DELUSIONS: The collector convinces himself that his collection is incomplete, as a pretext to hunt for more toys. Casual glances at the collection can bring sudden feelings of self-hate, which is often mixed with self-pity. Concurrently, the collector balances his psyche by generating a visceral need for another toy to 'complete' the collection. The hunt is on, and the collector consults various on-line support groups in the quest for fulfillment. Gratification, though, is short-lived, as the Find typically leads to the TOY INDUCED GRATIFICATION INVERSION DISORDER, and the cycle repeats.

No. Well, maybe. Who has the Playskool JediForce Obi-Wan and Boga toy?

24. Pre-Order Anxiety Syndrome: This disorder is caused when viewing a shopping website allowing a "pre-order" for a toy or collectible that is very high on your wish list. The tiny thought of you not finding the item leads you into a panic, causing you to pre-order the item as well as a few other toys you may or may not have bought just to save on shipping. Which leads to the stress and frustration of actually FINDING the toy at a much better price, AND... before your item even arrives at your door.

Now, now. SideShow is jerking us all around this way. It's not fair to cast stones.

25. COPYCAT COLLECTING DISORDER: This illness comes from seeing a friend or stranger with a COOL looking toy(s) that you never thought of collecting. You envy this person. You want to be this person. But to do that... you must OWN THAT TOY (or collection). So begins your trek of collecting the other toy line you never thought you would.

No. I pity them. I sometimes wish I could quit with SW even, but then my other disorders catch up to me. I'm the only Transformers Alternator collector in my group. Star Trek collecting is virtually dead. And I'm one of the few I know who have McFarlane Terminator products that represent my State's governor.

26. MUST BUY SOMETHING STRESS: This is when you go to any old store unsuccessful of finding anything, so you buy a completely random toy just to satisfy that inner urge to spend.

No. Or I'd buy those choppers, or SW Transformers, or some junk like that. Collecting the Potato Heads was a calculated and sophistocated shopping choice.

Kidhuman
01-30-2006, 11:02 PM
1. Yes
2. No
3. We all make lists here
4. Yes
5. I get off work at 12:30, so I hit WM on the way home a few nights a week. I do get otehr stuff, but always check toys.
6. No
7. No
8. No
9. YES!! I am very anal about this, I pack my own stuff when it comes to my toys.
10. Yes
11. Yes
12. Hate these people
13. No
14. No
15. No
16. No
17. No
18. Sometimes
19. No
20. No
21. No
22. No
23.No
24. No
25. No
26. This is how I started collecting GH figures.

Jargo
01-31-2006, 10:02 AM
10, 23, 26. guilty as charged.

jaxx
01-31-2006, 01:30 PM
I used to have 4 and 26. I haven't collected any of the new Saga line yet, and when I do... I only want a few. So I've kicked the completist thing... thank god!!
When I do find something I want, I still have:
#2 (I have a lot of figures in big boxes because I don't have enough room to display them yet, and when my girlfriend walks by them... she has a tendency to accidently kick the box from time to time. She's a bit of a klutz)

#7 (My girlfriend gives me a lot of crap about Star Wars. She's not exactly a fan. You could say that she HATES the movies. So when I buy something new, I tend to immediately put the item in the closet, and then, when my girlfriend's not around, I'll take it out of the closet and enjoy it)

#9 (I can't tell you how many times I've had a cashier put something heavy on top of my figure in the bag... or how many times I've had a cashier be a little too rough with the item. I've actually had the cashier send someone to the toy aisle to bring every one of a particular figure to me so I could pick out the best one. Then I tell the cashier to treat it like porceline)

#10 (Guilty!!!)

#11 (don't we all?)

Kidhuman
01-31-2006, 04:17 PM
I am so anal about #9, I pack my own lay-a-ways. Bubble wrap and all.

jedi master sal
01-31-2006, 05:36 PM
I am so anal about #9, I pack my own lay-a-ways. Bubble wrap and all.

What's funny is I do too. Even though I'm an opener. Something to say about being the FIRST one to open your own swag.

-Sal