PDA

View Full Version : hey cupcake, what's yer sign?

vulcantouch
01-18-2006, 02:12 PM
i'm a taurus :lipsrseal

Deoxyribonucleic
01-18-2006, 02:19 PM
Me too cupcake! :love:

I guess actually I'm on the "cusp" as they say :rolleyes: I have the most excellent birthday of 420 Booooya! :smoker: But I associate myself with taurus, not aries.

JimJamBonds
01-18-2006, 02:26 PM
Virgo for me.

Exhaust Port
01-18-2006, 03:39 PM
Leo here but what does that mean?

starwarsfan1
01-18-2006, 05:02 PM
Pisces here.:D

DarthQuack
01-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Leo is my sign.

Slicker
01-18-2006, 06:47 PM
Capricorn.

Rogue II
01-18-2006, 07:03 PM
I'm a Taurus, too.

Moo.

Bobby Fett
01-18-2006, 08:21 PM
Aquarius - Let the sun shine!

Jargo
01-18-2006, 09:28 PM
I was born early. So I should have been a Piscean but ended up an aquarian. If you read books on the signs of the zodiac you'll find descriptions of my general behavoural traits in both sections.

I've generally found that the people i know born in certain sign dates do display incredibly similar character traits. and those born on the cusp seem to be two people as they have such contrasting personalities within themself.

I've also found that i get on better with people of a certain sign than with others of different signs.

of course, how much of a certain type of behaviour we display could be influenced by what we're told those sorts of people apparently behave like. is it real similarity or informed and moulded similarity. I don't know. I have an open mind on that.

however if you're not an aquarian, piscean, arien, gemini, Leo or Libran. we probably wouldn't get on. don't know why it just never seems to work out.

bobafrett
01-18-2006, 10:39 PM
I'm a Gemini. I was born May 23rd, so along the early side of it. I only know that because I have a sister who celebrates June 16th, and she too, is a Gemini.

Now that you know my birthday, I better get some freaking presents!!!!! :D

Kidhuman
01-19-2006, 01:45 AM
Funny, June 16th is MY birthday. A roundhouse to the grill of your sister on her next b-day.

Lord Malakite
01-19-2006, 09:24 AM
I am a Libra Dog. So ultimately I shall bring balance to the force.:twisted:

CaptainSolo1138
01-19-2006, 11:12 AM
I'm technically a Sagitarrius, but in reality my sign is Ophiuchus. When astronomical boundries were drawn in the first half of the 20th century, it ended up making 13 constellations instead of the traditional 12. People born in the first half of December are in the constellation Ophiuchus but few know it. And that's one to grow on.

If you care, here's (http://www.griffithobs.org/SkyOphiuchus.html) a good link describing the above better.

Rogue II
01-19-2006, 11:38 AM
I never completely understood the whole relationship based on zodiac thing. Someone told me that I butted heads with my father a lot because or signs were close (He is a Aries, and I'm a Taurus). I told somone else that my wife was a Gemini, and they acted suprised that our relationship was working out.

A while ago, I bought my wife a book about birthdays that has a personallity description for every day of the year based off of astrology. The description for my birthday fits me pretty well. I'll have to dig that book out of the garage and try to figure this crap out.

UKWildcat
01-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Libra here.

"Stupid Horblahscope" - Homer Simpson (TreeHouse of Horror XI)

mabudonicus
01-20-2006, 07:42 AM
Pisces, just so ya know..

I don't believe in too much of the astrology business, but I know that some of the things that seem to be prevalent in people of certain signs have something to do with how the time of the year/seasons happen in realtion to their b-days or something....
I have known a few folks who are a tad TOO influenced by such things, and like to keep out of their "spiritual" kicking disctance :beard:

jjreason
01-20-2006, 03:54 PM
I'm a Taurus, but I care more about the ever-diminishing use of the Nerf (TM) crotchbat around this place than I do about astrology.

Anyone seen that thing lately?

Kidhuman
01-20-2006, 05:50 PM
Here it is JJ....

WHACK...still works good.

Shadow Knight
01-20-2006, 07:57 PM
Aries

Its all about me (self) motto: I AM

By the way I am a newbie to this wonderful place and am quite curious about all the Chuck Norris fandom. Do you guys really like him that much, or is it some sort of joke thing? I hope I have not offended anyone by asking, just curious.

InsaneJediGirl
01-20-2006, 09:16 PM
I'm a Virgo,but on the cusp of Leo. Explains alot,since I have no organizational skill and very little of the Virgo traits.

Kidhuman
01-21-2006, 01:18 AM
Aries

Its all about me (self) motto: I AM

By the way I am a newbie to this wonderful place and am quite curious about all the Chuck Norris fandom. Do you guys really like him that much, or is it some sort of joke thing? I hope I have not offended anyone by asking, just curious.

Its all in fun. We take things and run with them. It goes in phases. I dont know if you have been privy to the Chuck Norris top 30 facts list, but its pretty damn funny, so we are basically using them in our sig line and using avatars and such.

BTBW welcome to the boards and the only person you offended was Chuck Norris himself.

Shadow Knight
01-21-2006, 04:27 AM
Its all in fun. We take things and run with them. It goes in phases. I dont know if you have been privy to the Chuck Norris top 30 facts list, but its pretty damn funny, so we are basically using them in our sig line and using avatars and such.

BTBW welcome to the boards and the only person you offended was Chuck Norris himself.

Thank you Senator, I was glad to get a response. You Chuckie guys are a riot. At least now I can laugh at the Norris stuff and not feel bad about it. Thanks for the welcome.

Slicker
01-21-2006, 05:15 AM
Thank you Senator, I was glad to get a response. You Chuckie guys are a riot. At least now I can laugh at the Norris stuff and not feel bad about it. Thanks for the welcome.The same from me. Welcome aboard SK. Hope you hang around.:thumbsup:

mabudonicus
01-21-2006, 09:14 AM
Yeah, welcome aboard Shadow Knight- laugh all you want, we sure as heck do :beard:

it'll all make sense someday, I imagine

sith_killer_99
01-21-2006, 10:46 AM
I am a Taurus. It seems there are a lot of us here.

Star Wars was released in May 1977, so I suppose Star Wars is a Taurus as well!:thumbsup:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-21-2006, 05:13 PM
Slow Children, Playing. :razz:

Oh, zodiac signs. An Aries--the first day of the sign is my Birthday.

LusiferSam
01-23-2006, 11:42 AM
Gemini. It fits my twin personality, clam indifference and raging lunatic.

Deoxyribonucleic
01-23-2006, 01:08 PM
clam indifference.

that's a shame :sleeping:

vulcantouch
01-24-2006, 01:47 PM
ep: "what does that mean"
-since when does a gendiscuss thred (oh, scyuse me, "other"- like there's a damn difference, i can't believe some anonymod bothered to move this :rolleyes: ) have to Mean anything ;)

kh: "June 16th"
bfrett: "Now that you know my birthday, I better get some"
-that's why i didn't Axe yer birthdays, i just axed yer signs ;) but you may axe, why did i axe yer sign? why, for no better reason than to see if i can turn ssg into the world's largest virtual fern bar! so brandish them chest-hair-entangled medallions & i'll be your diagonal-wood dj ('if you like pina coladas. . .' (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/printthread.php?t=1029&page=2&pp=21) ) :p

kh: "the only person you offended was Chuck Norris himself"
-in that case i'd like to offend la norris too- Speaking of '70s cheese! he's So gross, EWWWWW :p

rog2: "never completely understood the whole relationship based on zodiac"
mab: "don't believe in too much of the astrology business"
-since you mention it, it so happens i read sumthin this summer which sheds pertinent light:
"The formidable combined forces of Judeo-Christianity and modern science have never succeeded in wiping out pagan astrology, nor will they ever. Astrology supplies what is missing in the west's official moral and intellectual codes. Astrology was one of the great symbol systems, the oldest organized art form of sexual personae. Waging war on astrology, the medieval and Renaissance Church promulgated the distortion that astrology is fatalism, a flouting of God's Providence and the necessity of moral struggle. But astrology does insist upon self-discipline and self-transformation. Judging astrology by those vague sun-sign columns in the daily paper is like judging Christianity by a smudged shop window of black-velvet day-glo paintings of the Good Shepherd. The idea that stars literally influence men is plainly untenable. But that the movements of the constellations are a clock by which earthly changes can be measured is less easy to dismiss. I subscribe to what Jung calls synchronicity. Things happen in complex patterns of apparent coincidence, noticed by the keen eyes of the artist. The predictive part of astrology is less important than its psychology, which three thousand years of continuous practice have given a phenomenal subtlety. Our behaviorist age is generally resistant to the idea of genetic traits, for individuals, sexes, or races. But ask any mother of a large family whether personality is innate or learned. She senses a child's inborn shyness or aggression from earliest infancy. People who dismiss astrology do so out of either ignorance or rationalism*. Rationalists have their place, but their limited assumptions and methods must be kept out of the arts. Interpretation of poem, dream, or person requires intuition and divination, not science."
pagila's Sexual Personae, ch. 7 pp. 222-3 :)
vt ( * or in my case, a bit of both ;) )

Jargo
01-25-2006, 10:07 AM
I've long held the belief that years have cycles of mood and 'happening' for example, i can pretty much guarantee that come the fall I'll have a string of bad news because the season is gloomy and passes on a general mood of melancholia as the summmer dies to the inhabitants of the earth around me. this mood of gloom continues through to about April when the first green shoots appear on the vegetation. Then as if by magic moods lift and there's an end to the gloomy news and a sense of business and urgency ensues. This lasts up until June when for no other reason than people are too happy to care I'm forgotten about by the government agencies who plagued me through the winter. Everything seems calm and tranquil and light. Not a sniff of gloom. until the fall......

Life itself is cyclic hence forest fires and mass tumblings of trees about every hundred years. how could things not be cyclic when we revolve on this rock ball and revolve around a big furnace in the sky, and have a small rock ball that revolves around the earth and influences tides etc.

For this reason I put more store in pagan beliefs and old suprstitions (many of which have some common sense about them) than I do in religions.

Astology tied with cyclic mood indicates to me that people born in certain months of the year will be of a certain personality or generally have common personality traits. Be given to lighter or darker moods, Capricorns are in my experience quite dour and sober souls while Leos are fiery and lively. is it not possible that being born six or so months apart in completely contrasting seasons plays a part in our general disposition? And in the age old adage that opposites attract which is more than likely based upon a pagan belief system grounded in star watching and seasonal difference observation?

However that's a bit too dull. VT says he fancies this thread as a virtual fern bar. You're a Taurus? I gotta say I love the way polyester hangs on you, like a shrink wrapped peice of beef, firm yet tender, juicy and enticing, just waiting for the heat to be turned up. Baby you are cookin' tonight...

JEDIpartner
01-25-2006, 12:40 PM
Leo/Virgo cusp... August 23rd.

El Chuxter
01-25-2006, 01:04 PM
I think last I checked, I was a Virgo. I don't know. Have they changed these lately? I think I care more about the Nerf Crotch Bat(TM) as well.

vulcantouch
02-16-2006, 12:09 AM
-i think that'd be too literal an interpretation, as evinced by plenty of counterexamples such as the fact that my dad and b'jr were born on the same day yet have little common ground psychologically. i think the symbol system is meant more to point us in the direction of an understanding that there are ~a dozen distinct general psychologies or personality types, whether or not they correspond to numericals like birthdate :alien:

"like a shrink wrapped peice of beef"
-personally i prefer it to "glisten", as brother theo (http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Academy/8135/bio.html) put it, ". . .like a chunk of rancid pork" :crazed:
vt