View Full Version : New Bust-Ups and Salacious Crumb Mini Bust

SirSteve
01-18-2006, 02:40 PM
Just announced! Check out the news:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=32137

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=32136

Jayspawn
01-18-2006, 02:44 PM
I just got my order placed for the Salacious Bust! Good note for Gentle Giant to start the new year on!

Hellboy
01-18-2006, 02:48 PM
Site seems to be down at the moment. :sad:

Hellboy
01-18-2006, 03:00 PM
Nevermind, I got my order in. :pleased: I love the fact that this version has a blinking Threepio eye. I wonder how those people who paid around 2K on eBay for the X-Mas version feel now. :grin:

I guess I should give credit to GG for making this available to Collector's Club members. Up until this point I've been pretty vocal regarding my disapponitment in GG's lack of Club benefits but they have now redeemed themselves in my eyes. Hopefully this isn't the last time they do something like this. :thumbsup:

Saruman
01-18-2006, 03:38 PM
Got my order in also. I love this bust. From what it sounds like, it will ship soon. Anyone know anything different?

BlueSnags
01-18-2006, 05:40 PM
YAHOO! Just got my order in. Props to Gentle Giant for making this thing available. Glad I didn't pay 2K. I even ordered the set of "Ice" Bust-Ups...I know most people don't like these, but I wanted a complete set. Sweet.

Hellboy
01-18-2006, 07:45 PM
I think I finally understand why Salacious was trying to remove Threepio's eye. :lipsrseal

Jayspawn
01-18-2006, 10:18 PM
This supprise bust seems to have been handled better that the other exclusives.

It seems everyone who wanted one has been able to get an order in.

bobafrett
01-18-2006, 10:22 PM
I think I finally understand why Salacious was trying to remove Threepio's eye. :lipsrseal

Owe, my sides are killing me. I so need to save that picture! I want to order one, but I don't have the money for it now. I will three or four months from now, but by then they will most likely be sold out.

JimJamBonds
01-19-2006, 12:01 AM
I like the Crumb! :thumbsup:

Hellboy
01-19-2006, 04:36 PM
Owe, my sides are killing me. I so need to save that picture!

hehe . . . doesn't look to much like a leg does it. For that matter neither does his finger. :eek:

I received my FedEx tracking info/number from GG already so I'm assuming these are shipping immediately, which is nice considering the shipping cost. :pleased:

BlueSnags
01-19-2006, 06:35 PM
hehe . . . doesn't look to much like a leg does it. For that matter neither does his finger. :eek:

I received my FedEx tracking info/number from GG already so I'm assuming these are shipping immediately, which is nice considering the shipping cost. :pleased:

Anyone else get the FedEx info from GG? I haven't gotten anything from them yet.:cry:

Saruman
01-19-2006, 07:05 PM
Got mine yesterday, about 6 hours after ordering it! Yahoo!

Jayspawn
01-20-2006, 12:19 AM
I found my tracking email in my deleted box but was able to retrieve it (didnt know that I got it).

jedi master sal
01-20-2006, 09:04 AM
I just ordered mine this morning. I got both the Crumb Bust and the set of ICE Bust-Ups. Total cost was $95 and change. ($50 Crumb Bust, $35 ICE set, $10 and change for S/H)

Not bad at all, considering I won't have to run around like a mad-man looking for these. Plus NO BLIND PULLS!!! Which to me is worth the extra cost. Really when you consider these at retail, I only paid a small amount more. With no frustration of looking for them and wasting gas, it's SO worth it.

-Sal

Hellboy
01-20-2006, 11:07 AM
Heads up to those of you that got a tracking # from FedEx that doesn't work, try entering a zero in front of the tracking #, it worked for me. :yes:

Mine should be here Monday. :)

Saruman
01-20-2006, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the Heads-Up! Will be here the 24th.!!!

Reefer Shark
01-20-2006, 06:01 PM
My Salacious Crumb bust showed up today.

I'm happy to report that it's every bit as sweet as the pics at GG. Very very cool! He's gonna look great next to the Gamorrean Guard. :thumbsup:

BlueSnags
01-20-2006, 06:43 PM
Got the Fed Ex confirmation this morning - looks like they will be here today. Cool.

Jayspawn
01-22-2006, 08:04 PM
The tracking number on my Fedex conformation doesnt work. But I'm sure it'll arrive anyday now.

jedi master sal
01-23-2006, 01:39 AM
I forgot to mention that I got my tracking info same day about 18 hours later. I had it shipped to my work, so I suspect it will be there tomorrow while I'm celebrating with my co-workers the Steelers victory and progression to the SUPER BOWL!!!

Go Steelers!

Hellboy
01-23-2006, 10:51 AM
The tracking number on my Fedex conformation doesnt work. But I'm sure it'll arrive anyday now.

Just add a zero to the front of your tracking # Jay and hit "resubmit" and it should work.

Jayspawn
01-23-2006, 11:40 AM
Thanks Hellboy! In fact, FedEx just dropped it off at my door just now!

Awesome little bust! The detail is great!

Hellboy
01-23-2006, 11:48 AM
Nice, mine should be arriving today as well. I'm looking forward to seeing how the light up feature works on Threepio's eye since this is the first time GG has incorporated lights into one of their pieces.

dr_evazan22
01-25-2006, 05:12 PM
With the help of SSG I was able to determine that my Crumb bust was to arrive on Tues 1/24.

This is an email I wrote to GG:

Last week I ordered WEB8275 Salacious Crumb Mini Bust and I am writing to you now to request a refund of the shipping fees paid to FedEx in the amount of $10.31 (my tracking number and order info can be found below).

My order was due to arrive on Tues 1/24. I tracked the package at 11p and FedEx said it was still out for delivery. When I got up at 4a to go to work I tracked the package again. This time FedEx said it was delivered. When I called 1-800-GO FEDEX I was told the package was delivered at midnight. Yes, you read that correctly. Midnight.

Since I didn’t have the package I asked for a supervisor. The supervisor contacted the driver. The story that was related to me was that the driver was going to deliver the package on his way home using his personal vehicle. The driver never dropped the package off, but is expected to actually deliver it on Wed 1/25 between 12 and 2p.

I requested a refund from FedEx, who informed me that I would have to get the refund from Gentle Giant (who could get the refund from FedEx). I realize that GG is not responsible for FedEx’s actions, but because GG decided to use FedEx their performance reflects on GG. In my opinion FedEx failed to keep commitments that were made to both GG and to me.

Thank you for your time. I hope in the future Gentle Giant uses a more reliable service.

It was almost 5p and I still didn't have my bust. I called FedEx back and asked to be transferred to Corporate HQ to complain. A woman came on, listened to me, made a phone call, and in about 15 minutes I had my bust. Then, a little later on she called back to confirm I had it.

I'm grateful for the womans help, but will never willingly use FedEx again as this is the 2nd time they have been dishonest with me.

I hope all of your experiences are / were much better.

BTW - Its really nice looking! Good job GG!

BlueSnags
01-25-2006, 05:34 PM
Surprisingly, GG still had the Salacious Bust available as of last night. The ICE variant Bust-Up sets were sold out, though. I would've thought it'd be the other way around...but I guess they didn't make too many ICE sets.

Jayspawn
01-26-2006, 02:05 PM
FedEx rules! They dropped off a package for me this morning a day ahead of schedule!

jedi master sal
01-26-2006, 05:17 PM
I got my SALacious Crumb and ICE Bust-Ups today!

Crumb was in the low 700's!

Nic sculpt. Smaller than I thought, but tons of detail. Great addition of electronics into the bust!

This will be a great conversation piece.

Jayspawn
01-27-2006, 10:48 AM
What date did you order the Crumb Bust on dr evazan22?

When it comes to GG, you have to order with your hands up in the air. Counting the days of delivery is a lost cause with them. it may not be worth the $10 in shipping to pursue it.

dr_evazan22
01-28-2006, 12:00 PM
I ordered within minutes of getting the email from GG, before posting here. The only reason I was asking GG for my shipping back was b/c they are the ones that paid FedEx, not me.

I'm thinking of making another thread... I just got notification that SWShop.com just shipped an order - by FedEx!

So many people have lied to me this week, its driving me nuts!