PDA

View Full Version : arise Barada, I dub thee Pegwarmer of the wave!

JediTricks
01-18-2006, 07:07 PM
Even at 1 per case, this Carkoon wave's Barada figure (the only repaint-only if you count Chewie's chain as part of the figure since it's around his neck) is the Carkoon wave's only true pegwarmer in my area. Target stores nearly always have 3 or 4 of him, and maybe 1 or 2 of Bib Fortuna but Bib ships like 2 per case so Barada is actually twice the pegwarmer in that regard. I guess it's understandable, who really wants to spend $7 on a repainted POTF2 figure with minimal accessories? But I applaud Hasbro for recognizing his limited appeal and making him 1 per case, if you gotta put out weak figures like this at least make them a little more rare to counter their lesser appeal.

EDIT: just checked EE's case assortments, Barada is now shipping in a Wave 1 Revision 1 case where he's 2 per case, but he's not scheduled to ship in any future waves' cases so far.

DarthQuack
01-18-2006, 07:14 PM
Yea, I've been noticing this as well, along with Bib keeping the pegs warm with Barada.....Not sure which will be the one for Hoth wave, although I could believe that Vader would.

Sith Lord 0498
01-18-2006, 07:24 PM
From what I've seen so far, Han Solo (Carbonite) is the closest thing to a pegwarmer around my area.

UKWildcat
01-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Bib warms the pegs here the most, with Han a close second.

decadentdave
01-18-2006, 07:31 PM
Bib Fortuna is definitely THE pegwarmer of '06. He's getting to be as bad as the Neimoidian Warrior.

Blue2th
01-18-2006, 08:02 PM
Yep, Bib with Barada a close second around here. As far as the Hoth wave, funny it seems that Vader and R2 are always gone first.

starwarsfan1
01-18-2006, 08:07 PM
These havent turned up in my area yet so I cant judge. My area always seems to be the last to get started on these things. They either get them in limited supply or dont get them at all. I check everyday so I should know.

JediTricks
01-18-2006, 08:17 PM
I'm surprised to hear Barada is outselling Bib and Han in some areas.

Vaders nearly always sell, kids love 'em, casual collectors love 'em, and variation collectors usually cave on 'em too. I expect that character will rarely pegwarm for too long unless it's a case asst with 3 or 4 after months of seeing the same figure in many other case assts (like ROTS's last gasp).

I would guess Rieekan will be the pegwarmer of the Hoth wave, but we'll see.

jedibear
01-18-2006, 08:28 PM
I would guess Reeikin for the Hoth wave too...it's a repaint with one wrong detail compared to the Ultra release...a black buckle instead of silver...and he actually sat around the pegs as an ultra figure too. It is kinda funny that the "radar" screen" from the ultra set is MIA as an accessory but it's the cardback picture on the new saga release....

DarthQuack
01-18-2006, 10:16 PM
I was under the impression that Rieekan was going to be short packed.....we'll see.

steeltormentor69
01-19-2006, 04:18 AM
We have tons of At-At Drivers...

mikey1974
01-19-2006, 06:50 AM
Bib is the pegwarmer here......the hoth wave only hit once and hasn't been seen again,so it's up in the air on that series....

lukesky27
01-19-2006, 06:53 AM
Han Carb is the pegwarmer around here with Bib a close second. Barada seems to disappear fast, then Leia.

I have not seen the Hoth wave, so we will have to wait and see.

D

Kidhuman
01-19-2006, 07:15 AM
There are no pegwarmers for the Carkoon wave 'round dese parts. As for the Hoth wave, it hasnt hit in full force yet here, so cant make the judgement.

pegger
01-19-2006, 07:46 AM
Here it's Bib at #1 and Leia at #2 pegwarmer....

Haven't gotten the hoth wave up here yet...

jedi master sal
01-19-2006, 07:51 AM
There's been no real pegwarmer. Both of the first two waves have only hit Pittsburgh within the last three weeks or so. Hoth wave hasn't pegged at all, and Leia/Boussh is the only fig I've seen with any frequency. But only being out in these parts for 3 weeks, does not a pegwarmer make, imo.

-Sal

Blue2th
01-19-2006, 08:04 AM
I was under the impression that Rieekan was going to be short packed.....we'll see.
According to a post I read by Darthcruel, Rieekan is going to be the least available of the Saga line. With only one per Hoth case, and not repeated again so far in any other assortment. I have only nabbed one. Bren Derlin, which I think is a good figure, seems to be the last Hoth character to be left on the pegs here.

JEDIpartner
01-19-2006, 08:21 AM
I've seen a few B&B pegwarmers.

Darth Cruel
01-19-2006, 09:16 AM
Leia, Han, and Bib are already at pegwarming niucanse around here. I am starting to hate those figures just because there is no room to put anything else out due to them filling the pegs. Of course, I haven't had much trouble finding any of them. I have been able to put together a set of all of the first 14 for me and another for a collector buddy who hasn't had much time to hunt lately and it was done in 5 trips to my nearest Wal-Mart and Target (that is to say, three trips to Wal-Mart and two to Target).

Kidhuman
01-19-2006, 09:35 AM
At Target I saw 5 Bibs and 4 Hans, so I guess those are warming there.

JEDIpartner
01-19-2006, 11:19 AM
There really aren't many figures on the pegs at all up here. I see Bib or Barada as I previously stated but there are usually only 1 or 2 of each if that.

TheDarthVader
01-19-2006, 01:39 PM
It seems to vary around these parts. I guess the figures that I see most are Bib and Barada. Leia and Boba do well around here.

B.
TDV

Blue2th
01-19-2006, 06:22 PM
Made the rounds today at 2 Targets and 2 Walmarts. It seems that the whole Carkoon wave except for Boba Fett (none) is warming the pegs at Target. These are the same ones I saw two days ago. I know that the Hoth wave has been on these pegs 'cause I bought some. So people are buying the Hoth figures and not much more of the Carkoon wave at Target. I think because of the price difference at Walmart, I have seen only one or two Baradas and Bibs left.

UKWildcat
01-21-2006, 10:05 PM
A little follow up... I went to Target tonight and they had nothing but Bibs on the pegs.

sith_killer_99
01-21-2006, 10:27 PM
I have mostly noticed Bib warming pegs with narry a Barada in sight.

El Chuxter
01-22-2006, 12:34 AM
Bib, Han, and occasionally Leia. Nary a Chewie in sight, oddly enough. Barada doesn't stick around, even with the slapdash paint that's less accurate than the first release. :rolleyes:

JediTricks
01-22-2006, 03:32 AM
Well, I think this confirms what I've thought all along: Germans love David Hasselhoff... because they don't have any other choice!

As for my theories about pegwarmer of the wave: right down the toilet.

lukesky27
01-22-2006, 09:18 AM
Still the same in Southern Indiana...

All I see is Han and Bib sitting on every peg...keeping them warm in case new figures ever show up.

DM

BlueSnags
01-23-2006, 12:57 AM
Here in LA, none of the Saga figures really pegwarm. I've seen Bib, Barada, and Han more than the others, though. Boba Fett and Chewbacca (esp. Boba) seem to disappear the fastest. Only seen the Hoth wave once.

Slicker
01-23-2006, 05:35 AM
In my area (Hampton Roads) the figures are actually still moving quite swiftly. I haven't really seen a standout pegwarmer as of yet. Although it is still early in the line.

tagmac
01-23-2006, 04:23 PM
My Target in Jersey had a case or two of the Hoth wave on the pegs, although there wasn't much left when I got there. Picked up one of the two Derlins and the only Veers they had left (all I wanted anyway), but there was one Riekkan and three Snowtroopers on the pegs along with a couple Hans, Barada's, and Bib's. Granted, this was the only time I've seen them, but for now, by default I'd have to say the Snowtrooper is the pegwarmer here.

Captain Spoon
01-25-2006, 12:51 PM
just found Barada for the 1st time in MA. I could probobly shingle a frigg'n roof if I bought all the Bib's from Target and Wally World :thumbsup:

bigbarada
01-29-2006, 08:04 PM
Barada seems to be the pegwarmer for the Carkoon wave down here in Alamogordo. Followed closely by Bib Fortuna.

So far Major Derlin is the bigtime pegwarmer for the Hoth wave, with General Veers bringing up a close second.

Kidhuman
01-29-2006, 08:18 PM
Veers is a shocker to be warming. I can understand Riekaan and perhaps Derlin, but not Veers.

JawaJoe
01-29-2006, 08:41 PM
I cant get over how quik the R2's and vaders get gobbled up.

Kidhuman
01-29-2006, 08:49 PM
R2 and Vader are huge amongst kids.

jedibear
01-29-2006, 08:59 PM
Barada seems to be the pegwarmer for the Carkoon wave down here in Alamogordo. Followed closely by Bib Fortuna.

So far Major Derlin is the bigtime pegwarmer for the Hoth wave, with General Veers bringing up a close second.

I'm amazed that either of those is turning out to be a pegwarmer...Derlin is a new figure and Veer is an excellent re-do of a figure that sorely needed it.

I hope that doesn't scare Hasbro from doing worthy re-do's or new characters...

bigbarada
01-29-2006, 10:18 PM
I'm amazed that either of those is turning out to be a pegwarmer...Derlin is a new figure and Veer is an excellent re-do of a figure that sorely needed it.

I hope that doesn't scare Hasbro from doing worthy re-do's or new characters...

Yeah, it's wierd. I've seen a couple of Hoth Vaders, but they disappeared quick. Not a GNK Driod, AT-AT Driver or R2-D2 in sight however. The only figure on the pegs right now is Major Derlin. There were a few Veers sitting around for a few days, but I think the last one was bought up yesterday.

As for the Carkoon wave, Barada is the only one left. I haven't seen a single Boba Fett (although my brother found one) or Chewbacca anywhere.

Kidhuman
01-29-2006, 10:24 PM
I saw Boba(both versions) and Chewie once. Never again.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-30-2006, 12:11 AM
As for the Carkoon wave, Barada is the only one left. I haven't seen a single Boba Fett (although my brother found one) or Chewbacca anywhere.Same here, I've not found Boba Fett or Chewie yet. I'm not sure if I'll get Boba Fett anyway.

I found one lone Han at Wal-Mart, and then I later found one lone Bib Fortuna at Wal-Mart. I've not found any figures there since. I then found the Carkoon wave at Target and got Leia and Barada. Next time I went to Target I found the Hoth wave. I passed on Rieekan and Vader. Saturday I was in Target and there was just one Derlin and one Veers.

Nothing at TRU, and since it is closing, I'm not going to check there anymore. Haven't seen anything at K-Mart, but didn't check this week. Nothing at Fred Meyer yet either.

So, basically no pegwarmers here yet.

JediTricks
01-30-2006, 04:38 PM
Bib is going to become the line's major pegwarmer probably, he ships in more than 1 wave and is already showing serious lagging problems. This is exactly where Hasbro gets hung up every time, sending out reinforcements of figures before knowing if it'll be a pegwarmer, thus taking up vital case space in future waves.

DarkArtist
01-31-2006, 07:56 PM
Yeah i was about to say it looks like Bib is the winner around here. I still looking for Barada.

Jayspawn
02-01-2006, 11:37 PM
Han and Leia are warming the pegs here in Colorado. Barada and Boba Fett are the winners around here!

UKWildcat
02-01-2006, 11:40 PM
Bib is still going strong here.