PDA

View Full Version : Boston Legal

Jayspawn
02-16-2005, 01:16 AM
Good episodes of both shows on Sunday.

To recap on Boston Legal...

- Alan Shore was arrested for starting a bar fight. He and Tara were called in and lectured by Paul Lewiston. During the talk Paul blew his top! "Stop it! I've had it!!" Paul later goes to Schmidt seeking council on how/wether or not to fire Alan Shore.

- Schmidt and Denny Crane take on a tough case regarding a ban on red meat. Schmidt does most of the work with Denny bantering on the side. As it seems they are going to loose -Schmidt takes Denny's advice and they end up winning. "Mansy Pansy!"

JON9000
02-16-2005, 10:51 AM
Denny.... Denny.... Dennnny.... Craig! lol

JediTricks
02-17-2005, 09:17 PM
Craig?

Alan Shore this last week was on FIRE, that ep was on fire whenever Spader was on screen as the character, from the beginning when he hired others to do his fighting to the end with his sincere self-exposition on his cowardly demeanour, I coudn't get enough - I wanted to see how he and Brad were going to scrap but it would have been too silly even for this show. I didn't think the Crane & Schmidt really was as good though, Shatner was great in the role but the addition of Candice Bergen it's undermined Denny as a character and become too much of the Shirley Schmidt Soapbox.

Jayspawn
02-17-2005, 10:53 PM
Yeah JT, I kinda wanted to see how Brad and Alan were going to duke it out. But I'd have my money on Brad. Wasnt a whole lot of Laurie in this episode but with a big cast -you have to give and take.

JON9000
02-17-2005, 11:13 PM
Crane...oops. As Shaq said regarding his free throws: "My scoring ability, my dunking ability, my rapping ability.... I can't do it all."

JediTricks
02-18-2005, 04:31 PM
Yeah JT, I kinda wanted to see how Brad and Alan were going to duke it out. But I'd have my money on Brad. Wasnt a whole lot of Laurie in this episode but with a big cast -you have to give and take.
I dunno, Alan seems like he'd cheat to win and Brad wouldn't.

Laurie can go out the window with Sally for all I care, she's not interesting to me despite the writing trying to suggest she's got more depth behind that bleached hair. ;)

Shaq forgot to mention "acting"... probably for a good reason. :D

Jayspawn
02-21-2005, 01:18 AM
Another great episode tonight! God I love this show! I've really enjoyed Freddy Prinze Jr's appearences on the show. He seems like hes having a blast. But Denny sure beat him bad in court I'll tell ya. I was maybe thinking there would be a twist and Donny would beat him. Wrong!

I liked Alan Shore and Schmidt teaming up.

Did anybody else thing Alan was a little too abbrasive with Bernie? Just getting oppinions.

Sith Lord 0498
02-21-2005, 07:08 AM
I don't think Alan was too abrasive with Bernie. In fact, I looked at my wife and said "For once, I actually agree with him." What he said was true. Painfully true, maybe, but true. Bernie put blood on his hand that'll never go away and betrayed Alan by committing another murder after Alan got him acquitted of the first one. Plus, in his own warped way, Alan cares about Katherine and doesn't want to see her harmed in any way.

JON9000
02-24-2005, 05:29 PM
Schmidt needs to get it together and whup someone on her own, she always needs Denny or Alan to save her caboose.

JON9000
03-20-2005, 11:01 PM
Dag, that was the heaviest episode of any show that I can remember. BL is always clever and funny (especially when Tara was asked if Denny objectifies her and she responded: every man objectifies me), but the other story line was a very effective indictment of the Texas criminal system. All I can say is wow, and anyone isn't watching this show, they should start.

Jayspawn
03-21-2005, 01:01 AM
That was a heavy episode for sure JON9000. Alan's case has some real powerful themes and emotion. I was glued!

I wonder where this deal with Lori Coleson is going to go. Cause shes pretty set on officially going against Denny Crane -which is NOT good for her at all. I thought that Schmidt and Paul Lewiston (who love her) are ****ed at her. I know Schmidt is, and even though Denny annoys her, I think she loves him in some way.

Shelly Long was a great guest this week. I'm also glad that Rene Auberjonois is having a better reoccuring role in the show.

They didnt show any preview of next week! Is that it for the season?

JediTricks
03-21-2005, 11:39 PM
Last night's show was almost too heavy, the ending was expected but a real downer (of course). The B-plot stuff was ok but not amazing, and Denny mouthing the judge's ruling was hilarious. Alan's words to Zeke about it being heroic to fight to live and show that it's not just peaceful and human at the end was a really powerful moment.

I think the season finale will be in May, over the next 5 weeks Boston Legal is getting replaced with a new show that they're testing out. Look for BL again on April 24th. Next season, it's getting a weaker timeslot, Tuesdays at 10.

Jayspawn
03-21-2005, 11:59 PM
That timeslot sucks JT! And Shatner JUST won an emmy too! You think they would want to show it off too! I hope they dont go through with it.

JON9000
03-22-2005, 08:02 PM
I saw th ead for whatever they are using DH to lead into, and it looked totally lame. timeslot switching is usually a kiss of death. Too bad, I really love the show.

JediTricks
04-11-2005, 05:24 PM
Stupid ABC, they're not going to bring Boston Legal back on April 24th like they said, they're keeping Grey's Anatomy in the timeslot. ABC claims they'll let Boston Legal simply air the last 5 eps of this season with the beginning of next season's run this fall, supposedly giving it a 27-ep run, but I think the writing is on the wall and ABC will simply cancel the show during the summer and shrug.

Jayspawn
04-11-2005, 11:50 PM
Boston Legal was picked up for another season -which is great news. I saw Grey's Anatomy and JT is right, its ER for 20 year olds. I wasnt very impressed. They try to use plenty of sex appeal -but Boston Legal has that with women in business suits. I like BL so much better.

Jayspawn
08-06-2005, 09:46 AM
Great news for us Boston Legal Fans! It starts up again this Tuesday, August 9th at 9:00pm with the episode "Head Cases" which is a repeat where Alan takes the case of the little black girl auditioning for Annie, and Denny sleeps with...well we all know that.

I cant wait till they start up with the rest of last season's episodes.

JediTricks
08-08-2005, 08:14 PM
Wow, I had no idea, thanks for the reminder.

Jayspawn
08-23-2005, 10:58 AM
Here it is guys and gals! Season 2 Episodes of Boston Legal starts Tuesday. September 27th! With guest star Heather Locklear! Yowza! You know Denny and Allan will like that one.

I'm still excited to see where they will take the plot line of Paul Lewiston and Schmidt conspiring against Denny. And with Lori Coleson filing a report against him as well. Looks pretty heated to me.

Jayspawn
09-19-2005, 12:10 AM
Well it looks like Boston legal got some more boost in way of James Spader and William Shatner WINNING Emmy awards tonight! Great news for us BL fans! Spader seems like a humble guy judging from this acceptance speech.

*on a side note I loved Shatner's preformance of the Clasic Star Trek theme.

JediTricks
09-19-2005, 03:24 PM
I really wish I had watched the Emmys just for that. Hopefully ABC will keep the show going long enough to make it really work for them. I was surprised that Shatner got the emmy in that group though, I read who his competition was and it seemed pretty strong.

JON9000
09-20-2005, 08:11 PM
One week from now I get to kick back and enjoy Boston Legal again! Man, they did practically all they could to kill a great show! I really hope it gets even more fans, it is entertaining, thoughtful- like a show on HBO. Grey's Anatomy sucks.

JediTricks
09-21-2005, 06:42 PM
And Boston Legal got 2 Emmys for lead and supporting actor, that's awesome.

JediTricks
09-28-2005, 04:23 PM
What? Tara is leaving? Damn, that sucks! She's a good foil for Alan.

I really disliked the new kids, they didn't work at all for me, the writing was trying too hard but they didn't have anything special about them. The ep was entertaining, but a little showboaty. Also, I got the feeling it was drifting back into "The Practice" territory which would be a shame.

I didn't even notice Lori in this ep, was kinda wondering what was going on there.

Jayspawn
09-28-2005, 04:28 PM
I almost missed Lori too JT, but I saw her in Alan's office when they were all looking at the picture of Locklear on the internet. I bet she'll show up in the 2nd half of the episode (at least I hope so).

JediTricks
09-28-2005, 04:43 PM
Wow, that's barely even a cameo, I totally didn't notice her. Strange too because I thought she was going to be played off of Shirley more.

JON9000
09-29-2005, 07:50 PM
Well, it is definately Spader and Shatner's show these days. Looks like they get the main storyline and the Cigar scene looks to be a regular feature. It was good to have the show back but it is a shame about Rhona Mitra leaving after a few episodes. The two new characters, the junior and senior associates are okay, but that little number he pulled is career suicide.

The ratings were not so great. It sucks, but it looks as though these episodes will spell the end for the show, unless ABC has a ton of patience and is willing to let it build, or people get a clus and start watching. :upset:

Jayspawn
09-30-2005, 10:49 AM
Its always been Spader and Shatner's show, episodes usually wrap up with them sitting on the balcony having drinks and cigars. Tara and Lori are great characters I hope that they dont get brushed aside without some kind of an exit. The've already started a storyline last season w/ Lori vs Denny. Are they doing to follow through on that or sidetrack?

I dont mind the new characters that much, but theres a lot of setup already with them. First there's a setup of relationship for Denise (Julie Bowen) and Garrett (Justin Mantell). Denise may like Garret who is a new paralegal for C, P & S. but shes a partner (like Brad Chase) who will maintain her professionalism at all cost. Obviously shes a go-getter.

I think Bernard Ferrion is getting a little annoying hanging around the office.

JON9000
10-02-2005, 06:43 PM
Its always been Spader and Shatner's show, episodes usually wrap up with them sitting on the balcony having drinks and cigars. Tara and Lori are great characters I hope that they dont get brushed aside without some kind of an exit. The've already started a storyline last season w/ Lori vs Denny. Are they doing to follow through on that or sidetrack?

Lori is gone and I don't see an explanation coming. Betcha Tara hooks up with this dude and leaves the show that way. As for it being their show, yeah, but they were often on different cases, so one of them was almost always onscreen. Now that they are teamed up, I am not sure about the wisdom of leaving a large portion of the show to the newbies. I find myself wanting to get back to their part.

I dont mind the new characters that much, but theres a lot of setup already with them. First there's a setup of relationship for Denise (Julie Bowen) and Garrett (Justin Mantell). Denise may like Garret who is a new paralegal for C, P & S. but shes a partner (like Brad Chase) who will maintain her professionalism at all cost. Obviously shes a go-getter.

Denise is a Senior Associate and Garrett is a new associate from what I could tell. If he is a paralegal it would truly strain credulity.

Jayspawn
10-03-2005, 11:24 AM
I dont think its gonna hurt Garrett at all. I think its all a setup for for a business vs personal relationship for Denise and Garett.

Desperate Housewives was great last night. I'm glad Bree finally slapped Rex's mother into some sense. It seemed to do the trick. I dont see how Carlos would get beatup in jail. Hes a big guy! he should be able to give some back! I'm glad to see Dan Roebck on the show as the insurance agent. I can see where this whole thing is going...

JediTricks
10-05-2005, 08:25 PM
I didn't see Lori in yesterday's ep at all even though the actress' name was in the guest star credits. Tara's storyline was disappointing and I felt neglected an important argument - that the singer was hired based on his repetoire - but that would have hurt the posturing about freedom of speech that the writer was getting at. The main storyline was pretty good, and even Betty White's storyline was decent, but the one with the new castmembers feels so out of place, like an amateurish attempt to simply copy this show rather than bringing in people with real character that can be an addition to the cast.

Jayspawn
10-06-2005, 12:13 AM
Yep, Lori wasnt in the epside at all. I wonder if she'll just be a guest star from now on. And the storyline with her bringing a case against Denny seems to be forgotten about for now. Hmmm....

The newer kids are starting to grow on me already. That revrend/lawyer was starting to **** me off too. I hope Denise wins her divorce case!

Jayspawn
10-06-2005, 12:15 AM
I'll tell ya this too, I didnt expect Catherine to KILL Bernard! Wow! The next episode should be interesting. That totally took me by supprise!

JediTricks
10-12-2005, 03:16 PM
Well, Lori was definitely in this ep, but I don't remember her uttering a single line. As for the ep itself, it was a little odd and got a bit preachy by the end, but all in all it was fairly good. Shatner can really still bring it from silly to somber, and when he said to the Canadian court "Denny Crane, eh", I couldn't stop laughing (Shatner actually being a Canadian in real life too). The "cling-on" line was pretty funny too.

I can't figure out what's going on with Tara though, is she staying with the firm and just not featuring prominently or actually leaving.

JON9000
10-12-2005, 06:40 PM
That was funny. Those two clowns showing up for court in wigs was a hilarious, if cheap, laugh. Then the bit about Alan waking up in the same bed as Denny- their "male-bonding" relationship has a rather gay aspect to it, and it was quite clever to get a smart joke out of it. This is the only show I make it a point to watch every week. I just hope it gets good numbers and stays around. Hopefully Commander in Chief will get a following that provides a decent lead-in. Just because it is good TV doesn't mean it will stick around- Remember Freaks and Geeks?

Jayspawn
10-12-2005, 11:18 PM
Lori did get a few lines in JT. It was a great episode! I loved Denny shooting the fish! The "Cling-on" line was great! You know something like that was going to show up somewhere in the series.

Alan has a helll of a case when he gets back from vacation.

JediTricks
10-13-2005, 05:27 PM
Lori said stuff? Man, I guess it's a good thing they're cutting her, totally didn't notice.

JediTricks
10-20-2005, 09:12 PM
I was not satisfied with "the kids" storyline, yet again. It seems like they've taken generic new characters and tried to make them instantly interesting at the same level of Alan Shore and Denny Crane, but without bringing in actors who can fill the writing void with that special something.

As for Denny, I thought his story was pretty good but the ending was a little too over the top even for him, and missed a few pretty interesting things from both sides of the argument.

JON9000
10-24-2005, 07:12 PM
As for Denny, I thought his story was pretty good but the ending was a little too over the top even for him, and missed a few pretty interesting things from both sides of the argument.
That's pretty much how I felt, along with the feeling that there was very little new ground broken with Denny. I mean, the outlandish outfit gag had been done the week before, Denny always saves Shirley's behind at the last minute, and we got a redo of the whispering in the ear gag. It's a little early to be recycling like this.

On the other hand, it cracked me up to see him lean in to the jury box at the end of his closing and say, "Denny Crane!".

I really expected them to draw the Shore story out for a few episodes. Sometimes I think potential is left on the table in keeping such a frantic pace.

JediTricks
10-28-2005, 10:47 PM
Not much to say about this week's ep of BL, but does anybody else think that the new girl, Sara, looks like she has a 5 o'clock shadow all the time?

Jayspawn
11-09-2005, 11:47 PM
Last nightwas a great episode of Boston Legal!

"The world needs to hear from Denny Crane!"

I busted out laughing. It was a good Denny episode. I like the Larry King bit. The story about Allan and the clowns was good too.

JediTricks
11-10-2005, 05:41 PM
I thought it was a little too gimmicky, either storyline by itself would have been good but together they made each other seem over the top. And Brad not stepping in for questioning was incredibly unprofessional which isn't in line with his character. Still, Denny shooting that guy was fantastically outrageous.

JON9000
11-11-2005, 11:56 AM
Does anybody know the name of the girl who played the clerk from the other office whose brother was killed in Iraq? I want to marry her.

BTW, in a couple of markets, some stations had "technical problems" during the part of the episode in which Alan gives his closing where he laments that americans don't give a crap about our dead soldiers.

JediTricks
11-11-2005, 03:43 PM
Really? I had no idea, that's pretty sad. I guess said stations didn't understand the concept of patriotism involved in the comments.

BTW, her name is Tamara Feldman.

Jayspawn
12-07-2005, 10:03 AM
So what did everyone think of last night's Boston Legal? It was a little nutty, as we saw more of Denny's weirdness. It had the Fat Kid from The Sandlot in it!!!! Hahahaha!!!! He's thinned up a little hasnt he?

I thought it was funny when Brad Chase cut off the Priest's fingers and the cat walked away with one!

Interesting when Denny and Alan throw their money around. In an earlier episode, Schmidt revealed that Alan makes over 300 thousand a year! Hoo!

JediTricks
12-07-2005, 04:24 PM
That was a great ep, especially when Denny made a comment about them not being able to get rid of him because he was the star of the show, and later that he could act, he had won an emmy. The Denny storyline didn't go as far as I would have liked, and I'm getting a little tired of these cases where common logic is forgotten - the homeless guy tried to interrupt their conversation, nobody needs to apologize for not dealing with that (Denny shooting the guy was way over the top, but throwing a rock was equally over the top). The main storyline though was really entertaining, you wouldn't think it would be with such a touchy subject but it totally worked.

JediTricks
12-15-2005, 02:42 PM
I'm surprised they followed up on last week's episode this week. Overall, this was an entertaining ep but as Alan pointed out at the end, there was something amiss with the actual legal side of the Brad storyline. Meanwhile, when Alan finally made his move against the credit card company's lawyer, that was awesome, and ending it with "We have a saying here in Massachusetts, hope you get a horrible disease, and die soon" Spader's delivery of that line was fantastic.

JON9000
12-15-2005, 03:11 PM
I missed it last night. I'm one of the only fools out there without DVR. :sad:

JediTricks
12-15-2005, 04:17 PM
I still use my VCRs, I actually bought a new one recently when one broke down.

Jayspawn
12-30-2005, 10:41 AM
This last week they played The Black Widdow episodes back to back. However there is a new episode this next week! Cant wait to see it!

JON9000
01-09-2006, 06:33 PM
Forget about Marty McFly, this one is going to have Zhora from Bladerunner as a gold digger!

DarthQuack
01-11-2006, 10:02 AM
Boston Legal is such a great show. I really enjoyed last night's episode with Michael J. Fox guest starring. You can't say enough about Denny Crane. Hilarious character. James Spader also does a great job. I mostly watch for Julie Bowen though.....:love:

Jayspawn
01-11-2006, 02:00 PM
Me too Darth Quack. They're doing an awesome job with the show. Michael J. Fox was awesome! And we got to see more personable sides of Denise. Cant wait for next weeks episode.

Rene Auberjonois is also doing a hell of a job. And I dont mind the new kids Garrett and Sara much anymore.

When are they going to get Edwin Poole (Larry Miller) back?

I saw a listing for Boston Legal on DVD on Amazon. Woohoo!

JediTricks
01-11-2006, 05:07 PM
Great ep last night, though Hands going nutty seemed a little over the top (I expected *something* but not that big :p). I'm also getting a little tired of them bringing in another lawyer "at the last minute", that's happening way too much for such a big law firm as this, though at least we got to see Paul finally try a case (is this the first time?). The one thing I think Denise really dropped the ball with in her case was when she was questioning the guy suing Michael J Fox's character, she didn't turn it on him and ask him if he would do whatever he could within his means to fight his cancer - I think that answer might have swayed a jury.

Jayspawn
01-11-2006, 11:12 PM
You're right JT, this is the 1st time we see Paul Lewiston try a case (though I'm sure he does).

JediTricks
01-13-2006, 04:06 PM
Now that these 2 shows aren't on back to back, should we split this thread?

I love how they paint Alan Shore as this scummy punk who manipulates the law to suit his whims, yet deep down he's honorable and remarkably faithful and understands how it may cost him. That's what makes a great character, he seems like a 1-note sleazebag but he's gotten to where he is now based on a lot more than that.

DarthQuack
01-18-2006, 08:20 PM
Last night's episode was really good. I was glad to see Hands get off from his charges. James Spader is a great actor for that show as is everyone, and Micheal J. Fox's guest stint on the show really works for it as well. I hope he'll last a few more episodes while Julie Bowen falls in love with him....although it's gonna suck, because we know he has to die because of his cancer....:(

JediTricks
01-18-2006, 08:21 PM
Well, I split off the BL posts into their own new thread, any post that had DH conversation I left behind though.

Last night's ep was really good I felt, it hit all the right notes and it's too bad Michael J Fox can't do the show longer as he was really good here, but I do understand his Parkinsons makes acting so much more taxing. I loved Alan's response to Bev, that's loyalty to a friend above and beyond, Shatner's karaoke duet and conversation with Michael J Fox, and there was even a a few messages in the ep without beating us over the head with 'em. Anybody catch last week where Bev gave Denny a cellphone and when he opened it it made the communicator-flip sound from Star Trek? That was a great little touch.

this one is going to have Zhora from Bladerunner as a gold digger!Wow, I totally didn't catch what you meant in that post, it somehow went in one eye and out the other, and when I saw her I was only thinking of her as Dolores from Who Framed Roger Rabbit. She also was T'pol's mother on Star Trek: Enterprise, but I didn't think of her that way either. :p

DarthQuack
01-25-2006, 12:20 AM
Another solid episode, I am throughly convinced that James Spader could be the best actor on the show, even though Betty White is a crazy old Golden Girl...

Jayspawn
01-25-2006, 01:23 AM
I caught Denny's Cell phone noise too JT! I thought it was great! Wow!

Daniel's (Michael J. Fox) and Denny's conversation was classic! I was laughin on the couch! I would love to see more of him on the show. The fight that Paul and Denny got into was pretty ferocious! They were both pretty mean! -then they made up by the end of the episode.

I cant wait till Tom Selleck guest stars!

I think the show on a whole is getting better and better. Tuesday is one of my favorite nights.

JediTricks
01-25-2006, 04:01 PM
Last night was one of the best Alan Shore eps, everything he did worked so well for me, and that early line about making the Datsun look like a late-model BMW was fantastic. Alan got 2 storylines really and both worked very well (although Betty White's second robbery seemed like it should have been a little more work since she fired a round). I wonder if Catherine will be returning much after this. And Brad's little misadventure was great, I love how they're turning him into the office chimp.

And I agree that Michael J. Fox's character should stay on for at least a handful more of eps, not only is he entertaining here but he lets the writers put something good in for the character of Denise which is good since Julie Bowen has second billing on this show but usually has an ineffective part to play.

Jayspawn
02-01-2006, 10:24 AM
Thanks for splitting the thread JT.

I've never seen an episode, but did anyone here watch "The Practice"? How was it?

JediTricks
02-02-2006, 08:18 PM
Sure thing.

I was a casual fan of The Practice, but the show became so bogged down in the drama and self-righteousness that it lost its way, that's something that BL gets right because unlike The Practice, BL is based in comedy and can draw its lines broader and get away with more.

DarthQuack
02-09-2006, 10:34 AM
Good episode this week, final one for Michael J. Fox though :cry: He was a great character on this show. It never lets me down on a good tv night.

JediTricks
02-09-2006, 04:25 PM
Think Brad will actually run for DA? Might make his character more interesting, he's kinda the odd man out in the cast now.

DarthQuack
02-09-2006, 05:19 PM
That's a good point JT, he was eyeing that poster with some thought, we don't see much of him anymore or the junior assistants, although the Betty White angle was ok.

Jayspawn
02-15-2006, 01:05 PM
More of Brad in last night's episode. Which was good. Anyone think Bev is good or bad? I'm split on the issue.

Too bad we didnt get to see what happended with Alan's case on the girl and the private school.

Looks like next week we get to see a Paul episode! Woohoo!!!!

Jayspawn
02-15-2006, 01:34 PM
Season 1 on DVD May 23rd!

JediTricks
02-15-2006, 04:49 PM
I don't think anybody is portrayed as entirely "good or bad" if they're semi-regulars, anybody we get to know on this show is usually a combination of both to lesser or greater degrees.

Too bad we didnt get to see what happended with Alan's case on the girl and the private school. There was no case, they didn't really want to sue, they tried to threaten, when that didn't work Alan played the newsmedia card, and that worked 'cause we then saw the girl in the school's uniform. I thought that was some good stuff, should have given Alan and the kid a little more screentime though.

DarthQuack
02-16-2006, 09:11 AM
When I get a cat, I will name in Barry Manilow.:bandit:

Jayspawn
02-17-2006, 03:00 PM
:pleased: Aahhhh, that was good!

Yeah it would have been nice if Alan and the girl got more screen time.

Jayspawn
02-22-2006, 01:50 AM
Tonight's episode featuring Tom Selleck was a great one! They have some good episodes this season too. Ivan was very charming and I though that Shirley might take him up on his offer. It would be an interesting twist to have Denny and Shirley getting married. But I guess not.

It was a GREAT episode for Paul Lewiston! I've been waiting for an episode to feature his character. I thought it was a standout performance for Rene Auberjonois.

JediTricks
02-22-2006, 04:09 PM
I liked that Shirley had a real plot for once, and was entertaining in it, finally some real character there. Denny's almost maudlin performance was a real switch too, no crazy antics, actual emotion - and I loved how he continues to skirt the 4th wall with his dialogue.

Paul's stuff was good too, but I think he had a stronger case than he gave himself credit for.

DarthQuack
02-22-2006, 09:03 PM
Great episode...this show just keeps getting better and better. Can't ask for anything more.

JediTricks
02-23-2006, 09:05 PM
I can ask that they take Ryan Michelle Bathe's name out of the opening credits, as she hasn't been in the show for months now and didn't add anything positive to it when she was. :p

BTW, Denise had a good bit in this ep, I think they're starting to find ways of making her character better (and funny finally).

Jayspawn
02-23-2006, 09:11 PM
Yeah I'm not sure why her name is still in the opening credits since she hasnt been on for a while now. I like her character enough, I thought the episodes with her and that lawyer/priest were good. "Think on it. Pray on it."

My favorite characters are Denny, Paul and Allen.

Jayspawn
03-01-2006, 12:28 AM
You called it JT! Ryan Michelle Bathe and Justin Mantell's names have been removed from the credits. Wow!

Tonight's episode had me on edge. I kept trying to figure out how Denny was going to get out of this. I thought he might have something on Bev and was waiting for him to dish it out. I about hit the floor when he fired Brad. I'm glad he's staying though.

DarthQuack
03-02-2006, 12:10 AM
Great episode by Denny Crane.....glad to see most of the focus on him and his lol emotions.

JediTricks
03-02-2006, 06:13 PM
You called it JT! Ryan Michelle Bathe and Justin Mantell's names have been removed from the credits. Wow!

Tonight's episode had me on edge. I kept trying to figure out how Denny was going to get out of this. I thought he might have something on Bev and was waiting for him to dish it out. I about hit the floor when he fired Brad. I'm glad he's staying though. You know what? I hadn't even noticed! I was so in shock by that wedding opener, way to start the show guys! Full FORCE!!! And Denny's 4th-wall pushing, the Trek lines, and then he shows real personality and action instead of just the cheap caricature we usually get, this was a fantastic episode. And I loved how we got to see what set it off but nobody else realized what set Denny off and used it against her.

Denny firing Brad was great, Denny wanting to keep the marriage alive was awesome, this was a great Denny ep!

The Alan secondary story was weak though, I expected him to prove the boss guy was a fascist by asking if he would have fired her if she paid her own medical insurance instead - they almost certainly would have had the boss say "yes".

Jayspawn
03-04-2006, 11:53 AM
Next week's episode looks good too. It looks to be a good Paul and Brad episode.

Jayspawn
03-09-2006, 01:59 PM
I finally got around to my Boston legal tape and saw Tuesday's episode. It was good, very intense specifically Paul's part of the episode. I was horrified when he started going through his daughter's bathroom. I was hoping he wouldnt find anything. Damn!

I thing his daughter and Brad would make a good couple. Did anyone else see that?

Alan's case w/ Shirley and the photos was hilarious! "I am soo glad that I came into work today."

JediTricks
03-09-2006, 09:44 PM
Pretty good ep, Paul finding her kit wasn't exactly proof she was still using, just that she keeps it around to remind her of lesser days, though that coupled with the $40 borrows certainly did point to that - it was a good way to play that "Paul's such a jerk" thing from the previous episode into a surprise. Sending Brad in made no sense though, he's been ALL OVER tv lately and he works in the same office which the daughter has already been to.

Alan's story stretched a straightforward quicky plot into entertainment, and that ending where Shirley knew she could trust Alan's word was a strong point for me. Denny's case was great and Denny recognizing the problems made him not such a clown as they had been making him out to be. The ending with Denny and the polaroids was hilarious.

Jayspawn
03-18-2006, 11:33 PM
I missed Tuesday's episode, anybody care to give me a summery of what happened?

JediTricks
03-19-2006, 03:36 PM
Alan's secretary, the one who didn't pay her credit card bills before, got arrested by 2 treasury department agents in the office for failure to pay federal income tax, Alan took her case, turns out she didn't pay $400 last year and instead included a post-it which said "Stick It" in protest of the US's recent behavior, thus she was being made an example of. Alan tries to get her out or off the hook but to no avail, the DA won't take a deal so they go to trial, and the trial judge is an old fart with "decorum" issues who doesn't like Alan or the girl. Alan admits to Denny that he doesn't agree with the way the secretary did this and doesn't know how he can argue that. Alan then goes back and closes the case with a rousing speech about protest, it doesn't work, she's found guilty, but the geezer judge sentences her to $1000 fine and 30 days prison, suspended sentence. The secretary tries to put the moves on Alan but he has nothing of it.

Meanwhile, Paul sets up Brad to support him in an intervention on Paul's daughter but Brad says he didn't see her using, eventually Paul hires 2 goons to grab Paul's daughter and take her to a rehab, she gets mad but accepts it (though she claims she's suing Brad, it looks like there's a relationship brewing there) and wants to stay in rehab to get clean, and gives Paul a list of care instructions for taking care of Paul's granddaughter.

I don't remember any other story lines, though there is a funny bit with Denise telling Shirley she had a sex dream about Denny, in walks Denny to get coffee, Shirley bolts, Denny looks at Denise and proclaims "you had a sex dream about me, didn't you?" to which she admits it and asks how he knew, and Denny replies in surprise that he asks everybody that question.

Jayspawn
05-22-2006, 11:11 PM
Season 1 on DVD tomorrow!!!!

Who's buying it????

I saw a few good deals in the paper worth mentioning...

Target $34.99 (+ FREE $5 gift card)
Circuit City $34.99
Bust Buy $34.99 (+ FREE Bonus 4-episode Disc of "The Practice")
Costco Wholelase $29.99

I want the extra episodes of The Practice, so I'm gonna get mine at Best Buy (even though I hate Best Buy). I'll assume they will be the more Alan/Denny themed episodes.

DarthQuack
05-23-2006, 01:50 PM
I'll be picking this up ASAP, one of my favorite shows.

Jayspawn
05-25-2006, 07:00 PM
I'm watching the Bonus episodes of The Practice, I got 3 of the 4 watched. Pretty good show. Nice setup for Boston Legal. Good seeing Tara and Sally again.

Whats the name of the other lawfirm?

JediTricks
05-25-2006, 10:18 PM
The lawfirm of Donnell, Young, Dole, & Frutt.

JON9000
05-27-2006, 07:21 PM
What ever shall I do until the next season?! I am gonna have major withdrawal. Seriously, anyone reading this who doesn't watch... check out these dvds. I'm always telling everyone about this show.

Jayspawn
08-10-2006, 01:45 PM
Well, I've finally finished watching Season 1 from cover to cover. The features are pretty good and it was nice seeing all the episodes again and I've made a few notes.....

-Until the Deleted Scenes from the Pilot, I didnt know that Tara and Edwin Poole were as close as they were -as I'm sure thats the point. I liked the pushups that Denny and Brad did.

- Lori Coleson wasnt that bad of a character -I thought she was ok before but I like her better now. Of course now she's gone.

- I still miss Tara. Not sure why Rhona Mitra left the show. She was one of The Practice Alumni and a great character -and she was HOT too!

- Not sure why it took so long to add Rene Auberjonois as part of the main cast -he was on the show from the beginning.

ABC.com has some great Boston Legal merchandise on their on-line store.

Season 3 starts at the same time on September 19th! Cant wait!

JediTricks
08-10-2006, 05:03 PM
Shatner is this year's Comedy Central Roast recipient, August 20th. I can't wait!

Jayspawn
08-11-2006, 10:33 AM
I saw the add for that too JT, it should be good!

JediTricks
09-19-2006, 05:03 PM
Tonight's the premiere! Nobody told me! Don't miss it!

Jayspawn
09-20-2006, 02:05 PM
I missed it! Damn!

I thought it was next week! Maybe a family member taped it for me.....

JON9000
09-20-2006, 05:56 PM
ahhh, it's good to be back. Good stuff!

JediTricks
09-20-2006, 06:11 PM
That's why you should check SSG every day. ;)

That doll that Denny had was creepy in how good the likeness was. This ep was pretty decent, I wish Alan Shore had more court time in it but generally it was a thoroughly entertaining episode and the "message" aspect seemed well done, we're not entirely sure who is wrong there by the end.

JON9000
09-20-2006, 06:41 PM
That doll that Denny had was creepy in how good the likeness was.

Gentle Giant or Sideshow?

JediTricks
09-21-2006, 05:16 PM
GG, Sideshow's likenesses aren't that good. :p

Jayspawn
09-22-2006, 03:35 PM
It would be cool if SS or GG made 12" Denny Crane and Alan Shore figures.

JediTricks
10-11-2006, 04:16 PM
Another solid entry for Crane, Poole, & Schmidt. Brad saving the day was a good twist, he did his part nicely and without any of his recent snarkiness. Alan's closing was spot-on perfect, though I can't believe he couldn't find homeless people to come in and testify that they also cremate their friends sometimes (the defendant said they did). That wrestling bit was SO funny, when they had Betty White come out like Alan's manager, I was in tears, everything right up till the actual match had me laughing loud.

JON9000
10-11-2006, 06:44 PM
That was priceless. I knew Denny would crush him. And did anybody notice Odo confronting Quark (the judge) during the episode? I had to read it. I'm not quite geeky enough to recognize Quark out of makeup, and I never watched much DS9.

Oh, and I love Gracie Jane. If you actually listen to her rants, their hilarious. I can't wait for Denny to go on her show!

JediTricks
10-12-2006, 03:38 PM
What's funny to me is that I knew that it was Odo and Quark but during the scene I didn't even put that together, it was totally over my head at the time.

Gracie Jane's comments have gone way beyond slander a few times, I hate when the writers go over the top and don't do anything to correct it.

Jayspawn
10-18-2006, 08:48 PM
Wow! 4 Trek actors in the same episode!

Anyways, I love this show more than ever. I dont mind the new attourneys either. Jeffrey Coho is one of my favorites now!

Great to see Lake Bell (Sally Heep) back as a guest. I hope they get her back more. Man, shes hot!!!

JediTricks
10-19-2006, 03:35 PM
Wow! 4 Trek actors in the same episode!Ha! That's exactly what I thought as well while watching the ep! And not just secondary guest stars, but main actors.

Great to see Lake Bell (Sally Heep) back as a guest. I hope they get her back more. Man, shes hot!!!I don't see it with her.

JediTricks
10-25-2006, 02:45 PM
What a letdown! That felt more like a leftover script from "The Practice", it even had 3 "plan-b"s, and that ending was so trite. And the side stuff this week just didn't feel alive. Hopefully next week gets back on track.

JON9000
10-25-2006, 06:55 PM
I thought it was okay. I could live without the sex therapist subplot. Sally's okay, but I never watched the practice, and season 1 pre-shirley is a little hazy to me. I like Jeffrey Coho alright, but no high-brow attorney in a major city has sideburns like that.

The problem with the last episode was it had a culmination to a long arc, and really centered around the newbies, not a lot of Allan & Denny, who are the strongest characters.

As far as Lake Bell goes, she has very striking looks, but she's not hot in the universal way that Denise is or Rhona Mitra was.

Jayspawn
10-25-2006, 07:26 PM
Mmmmm...striking:love:

Anyways, Jeffrey is arrogant enough to wear sideburns, thats why he's cool!

I had to work so I missed the episode. I'm gonna try and catch it online somewhere.

Season 2 comes out already next month!

JON9000
11-02-2006, 11:24 AM
Nice of them to wrap up the Daniel Post bit the way they did... very Halloween! And the truth about Bethany was too freaking funny. I knew we'd see Lincoln again, and it looks like he's going to be around for awhile.

JediTricks
11-02-2006, 05:19 PM
Actually, I was kinda hoping that would either be an elaborate prank by Daniel and he'd be alive set up in the haunted house, or it'd be the donor guy.

JediTricks
11-26-2006, 04:12 PM
IMPORTANT: Boston Legal is airing a new episode tonight at 10pm EST, this is not a permanent schedule move to Sundays though. And according to the listings it's a 2-parter which concludes on Sunday, so you do not want to miss this.

Jayspawn
11-27-2006, 05:17 PM
I saw it! Great episode. Lincoln Is a creepy guy -I bet the writers have fun with his character. The writers also seem to like Jerry also.

It was hilarious when Paul walked in on Brad and Jeffrey's fight!

JON9000
11-27-2006, 06:28 PM
I caught it, too. I didn't think it was anything special, but I am looking forward to next week. I liked Denise and Parker Posey's rivalry more than the Brad/Jeffrey rivalry.

JediTricks
11-27-2006, 08:59 PM
Some of it I liked, some of it I felt they cheaped out on: Denny taking Lincoln's case, Denny & Delta Burke, Denise's issue, Alan taking on yet another "Hands" case. I did chear when Lincoln killed Gracie Jane though, that felt right. :D Strangely, the 1 part they stretched out - Lincoln kidnapping Shirley - I felt was the 1 thing they could have cheaped on and just have Denny save her (the "nobody touches my girl" thing plus Denny's always armed).

I must admit, Denny with the giant cue cards caught me way off-guard and I was laughing my *** off.

DarthQuack
12-06-2006, 12:36 AM
Awesome episode tonight, loved the song by the white supremists girls!!

JediTricks
12-06-2006, 04:19 PM
Good episode, but I felt like each storyline didn't fully deliver, they just ended, even Denny being upset with Alan fell to the wayside.

One thing I am getting completely sick of from David Kelly is characters coming out of the woodwork and later admitting they went to lawschool so they can join the cast in a more direct manner.

Jayspawn
12-13-2006, 10:45 PM
You're right about that JT, characters admitting they went to law school is getting old quick. I really like Clarence but I'd like to see him as a side character only.

JON9000
01-12-2007, 06:15 PM
New Episodes!

Denny invaded New Orleans to great effect, and the topic, assisted suicide was interesting

JediTricks
01-14-2007, 05:37 AM
It wasn't assisted suicide as the patients didn't actually ask to die, it was more like putting a suffering animal to sleep... except the animal could make their own damn choices in life and didn't need somebody else making them for them. I thought this was a fairly thin episode punctuated with a few wise statements from Denny and another great closing by Alan.

DarthQuack
02-05-2007, 09:09 AM
Another solid episode this past week...Denny as Dick Cheney was hilarious, as was Bethany as Danny DeVito, haha. This continues to be one of my favorite shows. If you haven't seen it, you have to at least DVR it.

Jayspawn
02-07-2007, 09:53 PM
That was a great episode!

This weeks wasnt one of their better. Alan and Denny's case with Judge Clark Brown wasnt that entertaining.

I was hoping that Coho was the father, or that Brad wanted it. So we'll see how that goes.

JediTricks
02-09-2007, 10:59 PM
I felt like the 2 cases were too closely linked in spirit and it felt a little ssad. :p I mean "messagey". This was an ok episode for me but all 3 story threads felt lacking because the others were taking up precious time. I was surprised by Clarance changing to be Alan's secretary, and more so by Denny's continued amorous advances.

JediTricks
02-21-2007, 06:40 AM
Wild episode, I wanted to see a little more from Clarence here just because they could have kept him involved better, and a lot less of Brad and Denise - talk about boring and getting nowhere. Alan's 2 cases were both great, not sure why Alan had to take 2 at a time when nobody else got one, and his closing in the first one seemed a little odd but it worked out. I wasn't entirely surprised by how Alan burned Jerry, but I was surprised by the way he had that split-second on his face where he realized he might lose and his client might suffer so he had to do the lawyer thing, he really bared some teeth there - I'm glad they finally brought him back down from being a saint all the time. And James Spader totally deserves an Emmy for his acting here, lots of subtlety and humanity in a person doing a despicable thing.

pbarnard
04-03-2007, 11:02 PM
The Defender was the movie with the old Shatner clips, neat little dig up/find.

Bit predictable up on Denny's terrace though.

JediTricks
04-04-2007, 05:31 PM
I thought this was a really strong episode, although the flashback stuff felt a tad forced and I wanted to see a lot more of classic Shatner in the courtroom or something more interacting. It was weird seeing Ralph Bellamy ("Randolph Duke" in Trading Places) as Denny's dad, just odd casting - not like they could have done anything about it. Too bad they didn't get a scene with Steve McQueen in it, he was in the original Studio One episode.

Anyway, Shatner's acting was really strong this time, I suspect this was an emmy-grab and it'll deserve it too, and the other acting around him was strong as well. The stuff with Alan felt a little flat and "nowhere" though, and Brad stuck in the duct was too silly - they would have gotten him out before then.

pbarnard
04-04-2007, 06:22 PM
I just wish Boston Legal would chose an identity; having been spun off from the practice, and originally called the practice: Fleet Street, it yo-yos between being the replacement for Ally McBeal without the hallucinations.

I did look up the Defender today, and it was a lawyer show in which a father and son debated the legal issue of the day. Shattner was on for 5 episodes as an assistant district attorney.

Jayspawn
04-04-2007, 07:19 PM
I have it taped. Gonna watch it tonight! Cant beat great Denny episodes!

JediTricks
04-04-2007, 07:43 PM
I don't mind that they're trying to be a lighter version of the Practice & Ally, but it's when they get extreme with that dichotomy that it starts to strain. You'll have scenes that are the heaviest pathos followed up by the jokiest of stuff and it can never really mesh well. Last night was a heavy pathos episode for Denny and a light pathos episode for Alan, that worked for me, but then the silliness with Brad ripped it out of our hands for a couple moments.

Jayspawn
04-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Ok, watched it. Very good episode. Great episode for Shatner! I love standout episodes. I started laughing when Alan kept going back to jail. Anyways, I loved the flashback stuff -I'd like it if they can do it more but might be difficult finding footage to edit in.

Funny thing though, my younger brother was saying it was impossible to show a young Denny and what he could possibly look like. I said Simple, young Denny looks like Kirk.

JediTricks
04-05-2007, 06:00 PM
I dunno what it is, but when I see Denny, I cannot picture him as Kirk at all, somehow he just seems like he'd be fairly different - I know, it's insane, but it's true. You know, maybe they should do some sort of prequel episode showing Denny in his prime in an entire case or several cases at once, whether they CG the face or pull some other stunt.

pbarnard
04-05-2007, 06:34 PM
I dunno what it is, but when I see Denny, I cannot picture him as Kirk at all, somehow he just seems like he'd be fairly different - I know, it's insane, but it's true. You know, maybe they should do some sort of prequel episode showing Denny in his prime in an entire case or several cases at once, whether they CG the face or pull some other stunt.

You mean Shattner's gotten fat?

JediTricks
04-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Not just that, but Shatner's face has a different shape now that could be reverse-engineered different from the way it was. I know it doesn't really make sense, but that's how it seems.

Jayspawn
04-05-2007, 09:22 PM
I always picture young Denny looking like Kirk. Shirley in the 80s looking like Murphy Brown.

A flashback episode would be sweet.

I wonder when this season Edwin Poole will be coming back.

JediTricks
04-06-2007, 11:46 PM
I can see it more with Shirley, though it's kinda hard to believe the Candice Bergin of the '70s became the same woman of the '80s (she aged HARD in that time, it worked for her character on Murphy Brown though).

Didn't Poole come back earlier this season? Or was that last season? They're all blending together.

DarthQuack
04-23-2007, 01:03 AM
I think last week's episode was pushed back because of the VT tragedy....looking forward to it coming back though.

JediTricks
04-23-2007, 04:38 AM
Yeah, that's why it was pushed back. Hopefully it'll air this week and not interrupt the schedule.

DarthQuack
05-29-2007, 11:08 PM
Great season finale.

Really enjoyed the main storyline with Alan and Denny, I really thought Denny might lose a case, but of course he's God and never will :).

Side story with Clarence and Hands was great as well, enjoyed the opposing lawyer as well.

The summer layoff will suck, but maybe I'll start picking up the DVD's and re-watch them.

JediTricks
06-03-2007, 11:47 PM
Good episode, but I knew they were scamming to get both boys free. And it makes sense, the DA didn't prove a conspiracy so how can the jury be sure it was one and not the other? Denny had some good moments, I'd like to see more of that and less silliness next season from him.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-13-2007, 07:50 PM
My mom is an uber huge fan of the show and flipped when I told her the following news from TVGuide.com:

Exclusive: Boston Legal Cleans House, Drops Four Actors!
Heads are rolling over at Crane Poole & Schmidt.

Julie Bowen, Mark Valley, Rene Auberjonois and Constance Zimmer have
all been let go from the show, sources tell me. ABC and David E.
Kelley Productions declined comment, but a Legal insider confirms that
"their contract options were not picked up."

To fill the void, Night Court's John Larroquette is joining the show
as a series regular next season, but he won't be reprising his
Emmy-winning role from Kelley's The Practice. Instead, he will be
playing an attorney from the New York offices of CP&S. Also Dirt's
Tara Summers will be coming on board as a young associate. Finally,
current cast member Christian Clemenson (Jerry) has been upped to
series regular.

Phew, that's a whole lot of change for one TV show. Thoughts on the
big revamp, Legal fans?

And there you go, BL fans. :thumbsup:

DarthQuack
06-13-2007, 08:07 PM
WTF Are you serious???? They can't axe all those actors, this is horrible if it's true....

JediTricks
06-14-2007, 12:19 AM
None of them add much to the show, I have no issues with saying goodbye to any of 'em. Constance Zimmer actually was getting interesting but once she got too sympathetic she started fading into the background.

Laroquette is awesome, but it's weird that he's playing a new character after being on the Practice.

Also, as a side note, on Constance Zimmer, I just looked at some photos of her outside the show, they didn't do her any favors with her makeup, they added probably 5 years or more to her face. It's weird to me because they sorta did the same thing with Julie Bowen.

JediTricks
06-14-2007, 06:50 PM
Hey, I just read that Jerry "Hands" Espenson is being added as a main character. No big surprise I suppose, but why not, right?

DarthQuack
10-10-2007, 01:58 AM
bump

A few weeks in, I'm still very much so enjoying this show.....Denny Crane....I miss Julie Bowen though :( She was a firey one.

wampaslayr
10-10-2007, 11:04 AM
Been a fan of this show since day 1. Last night's episode was so funny. The whole bit with the nun translating in the courtroom was classic BL writing. Alan's closing was amazing as usual. He so deserved his Emmy win. It's definitely one of my favorite shows on TV right now.

JediTricks
10-10-2007, 04:38 PM
Last night's was a fair episode, I didn't really care for the actual court stuff, but most of the acting was really good (except Shatner who just didn't have the script to act in). I'm not feeling this Lorraine storyline at all though, but at least it's putting a dent in Alan's character which the writers had gotten a little too angelic with. And as much as I love John Larroquette's work, here it feels too much like more of the same, both from him as an actor and from the writers as another wacky lawyer character.

JON9000
10-11-2007, 03:39 PM
I don't like how characters are disappearing. What happened to Paul & Claire? The place needs straight characters to play off all the craziness. I still wish I had Denny's suits and ties.

JediTricks
10-12-2007, 11:32 PM
Paul I had been wondering about a lot in the last few eps, seems like he'd have an ally in Carl Sack there. Claire I'm afraid I forgot all about, but yeah, we need more non-wacky folks on this show - it's like they're trying to turn it into Ally McBeal, and that show was canned surprisingly abruptly due to that.

Jayspawn
10-15-2007, 12:04 AM
I really miss Claire and especially Paul. I've been a fan of Paul's since the pilot.

DarthQuack
10-17-2007, 01:30 AM
I enjoyed tonight's episode....next week's looks good as well.

JediTricks
10-17-2007, 04:34 AM
A fair episode, though I really don't like the new character so far, trying way too hard with her. I also didn't really feel Alan's reasoning for his word salad, that seemed like no payoff.

JON9000
10-18-2007, 12:12 PM
Without Brad, Denise & Paul it has very much become the Denny, Shirley & Allen show. The only interesting part of the season so far has been the Denny Carl Sack rivalry. I still love the two little old judges, though. They both crack me up.

JediTricks
10-24-2007, 03:34 PM
Was Boston Legal preempted for anybody not in Southern California? That was a shocker, I hope they don't screw up the air schedule simply because fire gets better ratings.

DarthQuack
10-24-2007, 04:58 PM
Yea it wasn't on in New York either.

JediTricks
10-24-2007, 10:03 PM
Lame. 20/20 is not my idea of a "now news" outfit so them covering the fires seemed a little ridiculous.

Lord Malakite
10-25-2007, 01:55 AM
Lame. 20/20 is not my idea of a "now news" outfit so them covering the fires seemed a little ridiculous.

Yeah, I was a bit POed they did that last night. The fires maybe the big national news story at the moment, but I don't think its so big that it actually deserved a special 20/20 live news coverage event on the topic.

DarthQuack
11-14-2007, 02:07 AM
I missed last weeks episode, but saw tonight's episode....thought it was great...loved the judge in the headgear....he's always been my favorite judge....the blonde judge is pretty smoking though....Nice to see John L stick up for Clarence.

Lord Malakite
11-14-2007, 04:49 AM
loved the judge in the headgear....he's always been my favorite judge....
I'd say he is probably my second favorite judge. The top honor for me would have to go to the other old judge; the one with glasses who doesn't know whats going on 99% of the time.

I also liked the new heavy judge we got for Denny's fat trial, especially her name. The honorable Judge Fudge, it does't get any more poetic than that. :D

JediTricks
11-14-2007, 09:38 PM
I thought Alan's pre-credits dealing with the opposing attorney was awesome, way too far but so friggin' wild! The ep had some moments, but I found Clarence's storyline underwhelming and not satisfying, same with Jerry's.

DarthQuack
12-10-2008, 03:38 PM
Did anyone see the series finale the other night? I'm very sad to see this show go....up there as one of my favorite shows of all time....I enjoyed it immensely.:cry:

Lord Malakite
12-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Indeed I did. I hate to see it go, it really was one of those under appreciated gem television shows that constantly got shortchanged, like Arrested Development. I won't spoil the final episode for anyone who may of missed it, but I will say that at least they went out with one hell of a bang.

wampaslayr
12-11-2008, 03:32 AM
I will be going through withdrawals for a long time. I loved this show and was hoping that a spinoff was in the works since it was hinted at a couple of times in the episodes. I was also hoping it would pull a "Scrubs" and another network would pick it up, but I guess not.

The finale was a perfect and appropriate way to go out. The writing and acting on this show was superb.

I guess ABC doesn't care about the awards that it earned during its run.
It's a shame that a show like this isn't supported by the network. Thank God for the DVD's.

Jedi_Kal-El
12-11-2008, 02:05 PM
I didn't watch the show all the time, but I did like the episodes I did catch. Spader and Shatner were perfect in their roles. Wapaslayr remarked that the show wasn't supported by the network, and it's true that alot of good show seem to get that same lack of attention these days, while a bunch of crap reality shows get forced upon people who never end up watching most of them anyway. TV was so much better 15 to 20 years ago.

JediTricks
12-12-2008, 09:25 PM
I was sad to see it go, and the finale was good, but not quite as strong as I would have liked. I actually liked the episode before this more, especially when John Larroquette broke the 4th wall. :D But at least we got Denny his drug and married.