PDA

View Full Version : SAGA at TRU??

Deoxyribonucleic
01-19-2006, 04:38 PM
Just wondering if anyone is finding the saga figs at TRU? Is it me or is TRU the lamest place to get toys on earth? It seems I have a better chance finding a star wars figure at a restaurant that some kid left behind. TRU's (at least the ones in my area) are so disgusting to walk into anymore. Nothing on the shelves and everything is a big MESS! :rolleyes:

Slicker
01-19-2006, 05:27 PM
You aren't the only one. I just got back from there and they still have the same 12-13 Mon Mothmas they've had since MM. Seriously that's all they have is about 3 pegs full of her and almost nothing else.

Ji'dai
01-19-2006, 06:54 PM
With the exception of a peg o' VOTC Landos, my TRU hasn't had any figures since a week or so before Christmas.

The store has stocked the new Titanium wave, Choppers, Transformers, LEGO, and Galactic Heroes though.

BlueSnags
01-19-2006, 07:17 PM
TRU sucks. They barely ever restock. Their prices are high. Plus, all the good stuff goes out the back door at the store here in Burbank. Never seen any Saga there, but I heard they had the Carkoon wave the week before Christmas.

Kidhuman
01-19-2006, 07:36 PM
TRU sucks a monkeys nipple.

lukesky27
01-19-2006, 07:38 PM
With the exception of a peg o' VOTC Landos, my TRU hasn't had any figures since a week or so before Christmas.

The store has stocked the new Titanium wave, Choppers, Transformers, LEGO, and Galactic Heroes though.

Do you visit the Greenwood store? I go in there and see those VOTC Landos and just laugh. It is hard to believe that is all that they have had forever...but, it is just a sad fact.

DM

starwarsfan1
01-19-2006, 08:03 PM
TRU sucks when your trying to find these things. I went there just yesterday and they are still decorated for ROTS. Its ridiculous. They havent a hint of the new Saga line. Maybe mine is one of the ones thats closing.

Ji'dai
01-19-2006, 08:26 PM
Do you visit the Greenwood store? I go in there and see those VOTC Landos and just laugh. It is hard to believe that is all that they have had forever...but, it is just a sad fact. Nah, different city. Although I believe current TRU corporate policy requires each store to stock a certain number of VOTC Landos at all times ;)

mikey1974
01-19-2006, 09:00 PM
can say the TRU in wilkes-barre,pa. has NO figures at all....the last one i found was,amazingly enough, 4 holo emperor's there about 3 weeks before christmas...since then,all the pegs have lightsabers and the same 6 asajii ventress unleashed that have been there since dec. 10th.....

maatu
01-19-2006, 09:33 PM
my toyrus has nothing but lando. But to laugh that will end up being the hardest figure to find in 10 yrs because no one wanted him .we all have every body else. well i do . actually to be honest i am sitting on that stuff for someday. i don't know i am just a crazy collector. probably the weirdest thing is . i don't know why. but i am sitting on 15 chewbacca's. i AM ADDICTED TO WOOKIES. help me obi won kenobi. your my only hope.

Sith Lord 0498
01-19-2006, 09:43 PM
can say the TRU in wilkes-barre,pa. has NO figures at all....the last one i found was,amazingly enough, 4 holo emperor's there about 3 weeks before christmas...since then,all the pegs have lightsabers and the same 6 asajii ventress unleashed that have been there since dec. 10th.....

That's because that store's gone down the tubes. My friend (and former forumite) Chris and I just go there for kicks nowadays and laugh at how little they have. Although...if we ever go to war with Ohio, that TRU will keep us very well armed with electronic lightsabers!!! :)

To be fair though, we did find a couple Eye of Sauron figures there on Christmas Eve.

Phantom-like Menace
01-19-2006, 11:49 PM
I've come across almost every major find since AOTC at my single local Toys R Us and only as of the last few ROTS figures have had any problem getting them (never did find 501st single carded anywhere).

But the empty shelves of Toys R Us are very noticeable right now. I'm curious if their chapter 11 status has severely limited their inflow of new product, not just what they can afford but what Hasbro sends them.

K M Toydarian
01-20-2006, 12:43 AM
Was at TRU in Valencia CA, tonight and found an army of Mon Mothma, about 25 or so. What??? I guess it's the sister store of another LA TRU that has that many Lobots. No other figures to be found either store. When they lowered to 4.48, I think most stores finally got rid of their VOTC Landos around here.

plasticfetish
01-20-2006, 03:03 AM
I haven't seen any of the new stuff at Toys R Us. You know what I do see a lot of? I see a lot of those M&Ms characters. As a matter of fact, I'm starting to think that those things are to blame for all of the companies financial problems... somehow.

Deoxy, word is that TRU Signal Hill is closing. Will you throw a little dirt on the grave for me... just, you know, scoop a little off the floor and throw it.

Bacta Beast
01-20-2006, 04:21 AM
I was in my TRU tonight (picked up all of Marvel Legend wave 12) and I saw one single Bib Fortuna from the Carkoon wave. But I sware a saw a price tag on one of the many Mon Mothmas that said "$8.99". I may be wrong, I didn't double check, I just chuckled to myself about wondering why they had to close so many stores and moved on.:rolleyes:

JEDIpartner
01-20-2006, 04:41 PM
Is it me or is TRU the lamest place to get toys on earth? It seems I have a better chance finding a star wars figure at a restaurant that some kid left behind.

Dammit!!!! I just got my pants dried off from a spill earlier in the day and now I've got a big pee puddle in my trousers!!! You crack me up!!

Oh, and TRU officially sucks. I hope this re-org gets them straightened out soon!!!

JediTricks
01-20-2006, 11:45 PM
TRU Los Feliz had a few from the Carkoon wave early last week, and I kid you not about this, they were sitting on top of the bin full of beat-up old ROTS figures that Hasbro apparently won't take back. I scanned a Bib Fortuna, he was $6.99 like Target & KB. They didn't last long, 2 days later the TSC figs were gone again, and there was nary a dent in the ROTS pile.

BTW, Target sucks for shelving some ROTS figs recently with the new $6.99 pricetag!

Jango Speck
01-21-2006, 02:11 AM
Burbank TRU hasn't had any "new" figures since before Thanksgiving. They never put out the final 12 (AFAIK), and had nothing but Nemoid Commanders all the way throught the holiday shopping season until now. The only "new" stuff that came out before Xmas were the "MegaBuy" 2-packs with Tarkin/Ask Aak/Mena Tills.

Now, Burbank is notorious for letting all the good/new stuff go out the back door- even the local Hasbro rep knows about it and freely admits to customers that "one of the managers" gets everything first before it hits the pegs. Every manager there tells me that they can't order more figures until the pegs are empty- gee, I wonder why Target/WalMart/KB/Kmart don't have that policy? Everyone in LA has the same pegwarmers, but TRU refuses to order more new stuff? BS!! If I didn't have a kid who likes all the other toys in the store, I'd say good riddance and hello bankruptcy- but I don't want to rely on Target/WallyWorld for toys.

Kidhuman
01-21-2006, 02:13 AM
Most of the other stores order by inventory, meaning when there stock hits a certain level of figures left, they ship them more cases, TRU proably still orders the old fashioned way.

Jango Speck
01-21-2006, 02:23 AM
TRU proably still orders the old fashioned way.

Maybe this is but one symptom of why they can't compete with the bigger stores?

Kidhuman
01-21-2006, 02:34 AM
It proably is. I mean a Toy Store with no new stock is like a restaraunt with 6 month old leftovers. Its trash and I am glad they are going under. All it means is other stores will get the surplus.

Jango Speck
01-21-2006, 02:36 AM
The absolute nail in the coffin is when a toy store won't/can't restock an extremely popular line of toys during the entire holiday shopping season. I can't tell you how many moms, grandmas, and kids stared at those empty pegs in disbelief.

zachatack
01-21-2006, 07:04 AM
I was at a TRU when they got a big shipment in, and it was from Hasbro. I thought, "Cool. Perfect timing." But they ordered everything BUT figures. From lightsabers, *just how many more can they possibly want--they have tons already*to Transformers. And yes, the only actual figure they have is Mon Mothma. The reason that TRU doesn't make the $ is by the time they get an actual product, it is no longer in demand. We already own it.

Darth Cruel
01-21-2006, 08:02 AM
Come on now everybody. In Toys R Us' defense...hmmm...ummm....uhhh...

Ji'dai
01-21-2006, 12:25 PM
Come on now everybody. In Toys R Us' defense...hmmm...ummm....uhhh... For a LEGO buyer, I'm glad I have a TRU locally. Unlike other retailers, TRU carries a large selection of LEGO year round, with many different themes and set sizes represented. LEGO is expensive so it's good to spread purchases over the year. It's nice to be able to walk into a store and buy product at my liesure. My experience with action figure collecting is that it's much more competitive even if the store is constantly restocking product on a regular basis.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-21-2006, 03:24 PM
My TRU is closing, so I probably won't be seeing any new figures there. Then again, I haven't seen any new figures there in quite a while. From August forward, this is what I bought there: Anakin Evolutions, Assault on Hoth Battle Pack, 2 Neimoidian Commanders. I found a fair amount of figures earlier in 2005, but mostly duplicates of army builders. That's better than K-Mart. It was along time before I even saw any ROTS figures there. The only thing I got at K-Mart last year was the Jedi Temple Assault Battle Pack. I guess I can just focus on Wal-Mart, Target and the two Fred Meyer stores.

BlueSnags
01-21-2006, 04:43 PM
The absolute nail in the coffin is when a toy store won't/can't restock an extremely popular line of toys during the entire holiday shopping season. I can't tell you how many moms, grandmas, and kids stared at those empty pegs in disbelief.

I did see a case of new Star Wars at Burbank TRU a few months ago, but just a glimpse of it as it was being carried out to Plumber Bob's van.

"To the Scalpmobile, Bobby!" - Plumber Bob to Beautiful Bobby, 2005

JawaJoe
01-24-2006, 11:21 PM
My TRU has: 3 nemodians, 2 mon cal senators and 5 lando votc. Thats it. They got a lot o those unleashed mini figs and MnM's though. They could have gotten saga in and just sold out, seems to be the only hot sw item right now. Other stores like wallyworld and target have TONS of crap (transformers, unleashed mini's, choppers, light sabers) but no figures cept maybe a lone bib fortuna.

jaxx
01-25-2006, 12:29 AM
I'm not sure if any of the TRU's by me are closing down, but I can certainly see why some are closing around the country. Does anyone know where to look in order to see if a particular store is closing? I've asked an employee or two if their store was going to close, and they really don't know.

TRU has really fallen to the bottom of the list when it comes to Star Wars. It seems like they'll never have a shortage of Power Rangers, Batman, or wrestling figs:frus:. But when it comes to Star Wars, I haven't seen a new figure since before the Christmas holiday. When the hoildays came, I couldn't find anything except lightsagers and Galactic Heros. Where was the surge of toys that was supposed to be for the holiday restocks????? There are three TRU's in my vacinity. One of them has nothing but Galactic Heros, M&M's, and Nemo figs. Another has the same as above, minus the figures. And the other one has nothing but piles of Darth Vader helmets, light sabers, Transformers, and Attactix... in addition to the what the above stores have.
I'm not really interested in this new line as a whole, but I do want certain figs (mainly the Clones and troopers), and I do want the Titanium vehicles. But since nothing new has really shown up for such a long time, my optimism is nowhere to be found. TRU used to be pretty good by me, but now it just seems like I'd have better luck at a grocery store's toy aisle.

JEDIpartner
01-25-2006, 10:29 AM
They are probably doing their best to get rid of all the old merchandise so the new company can start with a fresh inventory. I was at a TRU over the weekend and there were voice changers, model kits, Falcons, Grievous silly string blasters and various things sitting on shelves. There were NO pegs for figures. The only Star Wars product on pegs were some of those stupid Transformers and those were in the Transformers section.

Captain Spoon
01-25-2006, 01:41 PM
I would say it could be because TRU is hurting bad financially. Also in my area rumor has it there are 2 employees who are hugo ebay scalpers. so when the new stuff comes in it dosn't make it to the shelf. I have heard this happens at a lot of other TRU's, hell when I lived in Hawaii the guy there strait out admitted it to me!.

JediTricks
01-25-2006, 05:13 PM
I hit my local TRU a few days ago and they had taken all the ROTS figures out of the bin and filled the pegs with them, shelves too, the cards were all mangled and the bubbles all scuffed, they looked like they had some disease, it was awful, and they raised the price on them to $6.99. Hasbro really needs to get their act together with how they treat TRU before it's too late, this is ridiculous.

Jaff
01-26-2006, 02:21 AM
Anually Toys R Us goes through this. Their warehouses are currently filled with backstock orders that they had taken to get reved up for Christmas. Unfortunately those warehouses are filled in Oct/Nov so they have plenty for Christmas. As such they are stuck with a number of old figs that were sold everywhere. Now they are sitting on a bunch of old figs and saying: Gosh we better not order any more until we clear out this old stuff. Orders will be done around mid Febuary when stores have thinned out nationally. You should see some new figs on the shelves reguarly by the first of March. I would guess the Sora Bulq and Hoth wave will be what jumps on their shelves then.

It is also an annual trend for Toys R Us around Christmas to bank exclusives to get rid of old stock (Silver R2 - Nov 02, Silver Clonetrooper Jan 04, perfect examples). After the exclusive empty shelves by forcing $20 purchases then they fill shelves with new figs. Their exclusive was the Holographic Emperor this year (early Oct), but it was way too early to be effective to deal with their overstock. I will be interested to see what they do to get rid of this stuff. It will certainly be like Shadows of the Empire, just 10 years later.

ironfist
01-26-2006, 10:25 AM
Hi! I'm an SW collector from Spain and I've been a couple of times in the USA and I took part in this forum in the past. We've heard here, in Spain, that the 2006 SAGA figures will be more expensive at the US. Is that true? What can you tell me about prices? for example... how much is the new snowtrooper at your local Toys R' Us in the? Thanks. I checked the first messages and I saw 6$ for 33/4" saga2006 figures and 10$ for OTCVintage. Could anybody tell me when is going to be released every wave? ?And something about the At-At or the new wave of OTC VINTAGE colecction?

Darth Cruel
01-27-2006, 05:13 PM
Hi and welcome Ironfist. The Saga figures are starting at 5.88 at Wal-Mart and 6.99 everywhere else. My own guess is that they will go down as they usually do.

ironfist
01-28-2006, 09:16 AM
Thanks for you answer, Darth cruel!

Darth Cruel
01-28-2006, 09:27 AM
No sweat...sorry it took so long. I guess you guys must think we are a bad group of whiners for complaining about 7.00 knowing how much you all have to pay over there.

JEDIpartner
02-02-2006, 02:26 PM
I'll have to find out what they are charging for them while I am in Japan. :)

Slicker
02-03-2006, 11:35 AM
I finally saw Saga figs at TRU today. I've been to one particular TRU over and over and they've had the same Mon Mothma figs hanging since MM and today they finally had Saga figs...and the same Mon Mothma figs that have been there since MM.