PDA

View Full Version : Have you missed a Sideshow 12" Star Wars figure? Has anyone?

Warstar
01-20-2006, 09:14 PM
I keep hearing all these complaints that the Priority Order system doesn't work or it's slow or it's run by Beavers, etc. etc.

All of these comments come from people who DID get one of the 4 figures released so far- the Sideshow Exclusives no less.

My question is-

Why hasn't been able to get a Luke Jedi, Anakin Mustafar, Obi-Wan Mustafar or Kit Fisto?

Personally, I missed out on the Luke Jedi- they were WAY more popular than I thought they'd be, and I didn't take the time try and order one. I don't really do 12" scale though, but the collector in me can't help but get excited at sales frenzies :)

Anyone else miss a figure? Why?

Darth Cruel
01-20-2006, 09:17 PM
I missed the exclusive Luke Jedi because I was involved in a family emergency, but I got the regular one. I have been trying to trade my exclusive Obi-Wan for an exclusive Luke in thew trade forums.

IG65
01-20-2006, 09:20 PM
I missed out on the exclusive versions of Luke and Anakin. I got the regular versions, but since I am a completist it is the kind of thing that gnaws at the back of your mind. Oh well, I'll just have to get over it. Or rob a couple of gas stations so I can afford the scalper's prices on eBay. ;)

silmarillionart
01-20-2006, 09:55 PM
I missed the first 3 completely. I wasn't even going to collect them until I saw the Order of the Jedi page at Sideshow's site and saw the 4 of them standing together. They looked much better as a collection than I had anticipated. So that got me hooked. I have the Exclusive Fisto, but now I've gotta dish out the cash for the other 3 exclusives...lol I'll be staying on top of the rest though. SS figure prices usually drop substancially on Ebay at the time of shipping.

Reefer Shark
01-20-2006, 11:46 PM
I've missed out on all the exclusives so far... unfortunately Fridays are extremely busy where I work, so I rarely have the opportunity to logon to Sideshows site at 10:00am on Fridays.

Sideshow has picked a sucky day and time to do the priority pre-order IMO.

zakkattakk
01-21-2006, 01:17 AM
I almsot missed out on luke. I forgot all about 'em when they were all sold out. But then some guy on ebay had a reg. edition and I scored it.:grin:

starwarsfan1
01-21-2006, 10:02 AM
I missed out on all of them. It doesnt really matter though since im not a fan of the 12" inch line of figures. If I happen to see them at a fair price I might consider getting them.

bobafrett
01-21-2006, 10:31 AM
I haven't got any of them. Would like too, just cannot afford to collect the line.

Blue2th
01-22-2006, 10:21 AM
Missed the exclusive Luke, because I was unable to get home (15 miles) to my computer. (might have to get a Lap Top) Now I take early lunches on friday only just so I can order the SS 12' exclusives. Even the LOTR Aragorn. I'm lucky I'm a commissioned piece work employee so my schedule varies. If my fellow employees knew why, well they wouldn't understand my devotion to collecting (my dark secret) Got the regular edition though. I did put myself on the waiting list for an exclusive, though I don't think many people will get cancelled on these. I can only hope.

El Chuxter
01-22-2006, 11:04 AM
Define "miss." I only have Kit, but that's in keeping with my commitment to only get aliens, droids, villains, and clearance items from the Hasbro line. I have a feeling the "clearance items" is out of the question for Sideshow.

dr_evazan22
01-22-2006, 02:24 PM
I missed both versions of Ani since I was working. Have been able to get an exclusive or regular of the tohers though.

1st Prime
01-22-2006, 04:54 PM
I was too late to order the 12" anakin. I put my name down on the want list and also thanks to another ssg memeber i preorder it on amoktime.com. thx

Jayspawn
01-22-2006, 09:02 PM
I have all 4 so far on order. 1 of them with Sideshow.

Warstar
01-23-2006, 08:18 PM
Wow- I didn't anticpate the answers to this thread. Seems we all missed at least one if we were after it...

Interesting theory about the Sideshow prices going down on items once they are shipped. That's only happened with some LOTR sculptures and other line's 12" figures- but we're talking Star Wars here- they may not go down- unless their edition size goes up.

I am a little leary of the Pre-Order thing in a way- I mean we have all committed to pay for figures we won't see for MONTHS.

Weird.

Althought, Sideshow has done an excellent job on their past collectibles- that's the only reason I feel somewhat safe ordering with them. Reputation has to count for something! :p

So, which figure is next? :D

(C'mon MACE!!!)

Captain Spoon
01-24-2006, 09:05 AM
I have been able to score both versions of all 4 figures. I have it easy though since I'm a Server admin so I get to sit in front of several PC's all day

BlueSnags
01-24-2006, 11:51 AM
I've been able to pre-order all 4 of the exclusives so far. Might order the regular Luke, Obi, and Anakin today on SWS.com, depending on the price.

Darth Cruel
01-24-2006, 01:37 PM
I already have the regulars of all 4 figures ordered through Sideshow. But I wanted to check out this offer. Has it been posted yet? If so, does anyone have a link?

cffalztar
01-30-2006, 01:53 PM
I too have pre-ordered Luke, Anakin, Obiwan, and Kit. I got reamed by a fellow fan for calling them dolls...that cracks me up. Anything that has real clothes that you can dress is a doll. I don't care though, because they do look freak'n awesome! I'm just glad they didn't charge more than $50. I am beginning to get a little "antsy" about the wait though. Especially after paying, then waiting months and months.

Sideshow said 1st quarter. Anyone heard when exactly this will be? I am really stoked about recieving these.

AmanaMatt
02-01-2006, 07:54 PM
Well, Sideshow made my day - they are changing my waitlist exclusive SS Luke to an actual order.....I am very happy to have this version for the same price...gun or not, it is an extra accessory and cool too...

For those that may be on the waitlist for this one: mine was done 5pm on the inital order day, so you may get an e-mail too!

Blue2th
02-01-2006, 11:11 PM
Yes, got an e-mail from Sideshow saying that my Wait List Exclusive Luke was being put on my order list today also. Now I have to decide whether to cancel my Regular edition or keep him for loose display.

Turbowars
02-02-2006, 12:47 AM
So far I have been able to order all the exclusives thanks to my wife and I ordered an extra Luke since he's the 1st in the line. I don't care much for the gun, so I will open the regular version and I plan on opening the rest.

AmanaMatt
02-02-2006, 11:56 AM
I have been debating on whether to cancel my regular edition Luke since the SS Exclusive turned into an order - since this is the 1st fig, I may do the same: open the regular and keep the exclusive one unopened.

WarDesign
02-02-2006, 08:10 PM
I've missed them all. So far they all suck in my opinion. None of them look right. Besides the clothing and gear, I'd pass so far.

Turbowars
02-02-2006, 08:27 PM
Great and I hope you miss the rest of the line.:thumbsup:

Slicker
02-10-2006, 10:05 PM
I figure this is the best place to put this question.

I haven't ordered any of the these yet but now for some reason I want to try and get them but they're all sold out. Do they plan on making more of the regular versions? And should I even bother getting on the waiting list?

AmanaMatt
02-10-2006, 10:24 PM
Always try for the waiting lists on the exclusive versions, if that is what you would ideally want....though sold out of the regular ones, there are Sideshow dealer types you can find online too - you may need to spend some time locating ones that have fair prices.

Sith Lord 0498
02-10-2006, 10:36 PM
I've only missed two...Kit and Han...and that was by choice. OK...I wouldn't have been able to get the exclusive Han if I wanted to because I wasn't able to get into the order page despite being logged in 10 minutes early and ready to go. Thankfully, that indefinite delay gave me time to see the full set of pics, and I immediately closed the window and passed on it.

nash
02-11-2006, 06:34 PM
I got Obi, Kit and Han exclusives on order. And soon to be Mace exclusive.

I didnt really care about Luke or Anakin exclusives, as they just didnt make me go crazy over them. its just a skiff blaster and hologram. no biggie to me so i just got the regular versions.

gsr-jedi
02-12-2006, 12:20 PM
I've been able to get all the exclusives so far.

Luke - only had to work a half-day and had actually forgot about it and was gonna go hunt for toys, but decided to go home and use the bathroom.
Anakin - my mom was able to order one for me since she works from home on Fridays
Obi-Wan - I was able to get home and try online and on the phone and finally got through online
Kit - called on my cell phone while working
Han - same as Kit
Mace - plan to do the same as Kit & Han.

Slicker - they won't be making more versions of the regular editions, but there are many other retailers selling the regular versions for cheaper. You may want to try getting on the waitlists even for the regular ones like Luke and Anakin that are sold out at even the retailers.

Reefer Shark
02-12-2006, 02:14 PM
I've missed them all. So far they all suck in my opinion. None of them look right. Besides the clothing and gear, I'd pass so far.

Well I could see why you would pass on them.. The 12" figures you make are the best I've seen (especially that Obi-Wan in clone armor).

Unfortunately though, very few other people have same skills you do. This is the best we're gonna get for this price range. I would buy your stuff myself, but the ebay prices get way out of hand (that Obi closed at around $400, didn't it?). Hell, I even bought all the parts needed to make the Obi-Wan, but I'm a buffoon, and would probably mess it all up, so I haven't tried to do anything with it yet... lol

Veers
02-25-2006, 10:05 PM
Server is slow and it is terrible. I missed out on getting the exclusive Mace Windu. I got the regular one. I missed out totally on the Kit Fisto. :upset:

BlueSnags
02-25-2006, 10:32 PM
Server is slow and it is terrible. I missed out on getting the exclusive Mace Windu. I got the regular one. I missed out totally on the Kit Fisto. :upset:

Been able to snag them all so far, but it's only a matter of time before I miss one (probably Vader, Fett, or a Clone when the server really gets overloaded with scalpers trying to order their 50)...:(

Jaina Solo
02-26-2006, 12:47 AM
I missed out on getting Luke. I'm on the wait list for the regular version, but I'm not optimistic. I'm still hunting around for another store I can pre-order him from.

Blue2th
02-26-2006, 07:43 AM
Some of us like me have a Broadband connection. It took me all of four minutes to get Mace. The fastest yet. I thought no one wanted this one, till I saw how quick the exclusive sold out. Even with a Broadband connection it usually takes a good eight to twelve minutes for me. Of course the monthly connection charge is the same or more than what I pay for these figures. Don't know how long I can keep that up.

nash
02-26-2006, 09:28 AM
I missed out on the Luke and Anakin exclusives because I tried to convince myself not to get started on this line at first. but with obi being my fave character i couldnt resist!

Darth Cruel
02-28-2006, 12:16 PM
SS figure prices usually drop substancially on Ebay at the time of shipping.

I hope you are right as I am counting on ebay for my Jedi Luke.

BlueSnags
02-28-2006, 12:20 PM
Checked most of the online retailers and the Luke looks to be sold out everywhere. I'd imagine the regular versions will be plentiful on ebay come April, though.

Kit Fisto is up on SWS.com for Hyperspace members for $55. I remember the Jedi Luke was up on SWS for 20 min last month before it sold out. Freakin' scalpers.

Agent23
03-16-2006, 03:43 PM
I missed out on Luke and Anakin (Exclusives). I have the rest thou.

I will probably pick up the Exclusive Luke and Anakin on eBay when shipping starts, they will be flooded on there, I think.

Qui-Gon tomorow.