PDA

View Full Version : All Hail R2-Tater!

Tycho
01-21-2006, 05:54 PM
This is so cool! I have Darth Tater, an army of Spud-Troopers, and now I'm planning to get my first Astro-Spud! Dude! These are going to be favorites in my collection! I'm so completely immature.

I want Boba-Tot next. Let's start a petition. Cloud City would work for another character too: Lo-Tot. Come on. Admit it. It's perfect!

Jabba the Tot
Chip Tot-Tuna
Emperor Palpa-Tot
Wat-Tot
Tot-Kin Waffer
Grand Hot Tater
Princess Tater
Luke Fry-Maker
Obi-Tot Guacamole

It could go on and on - and a moron like myself would buy them all!

What do you think?

Rocketboy
01-21-2006, 07:16 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

starwarsfan1
01-21-2006, 07:16 PM
That would be hillariouslol. I dont collect these but would be tempted with the Boba Tot or maybe a Jango tot.

Slicker
01-21-2006, 07:25 PM
These are getting better and better. I still need to find that damn Spudtrooper though.

R2-DTater. (http://www.theprivateuniverse.co.uk.nyud.net:8090/images/news/r2dtater.jpg)

Turbowars
01-21-2006, 07:27 PM
I'll have to pass on this one. I have the 1st 2 and think they are clever, the R2 is stretching it.

decadentdave
01-21-2006, 07:37 PM
The R2 Tater looks lame. I was expecting Boba Spud to be next. Oh well. More Hasbro crap I won't be buying.

El Chuxter
01-21-2006, 07:39 PM
Lame? Stretching it? Y'all are on crack. Nothing personal. :)

vader68
01-21-2006, 08:06 PM
I have not found the spud trooper either, but I will keep looking. I can at least say I am buying these for my kids, but I still get to play with them. I think next they could make a "Biker Spud" or maybe a "Fry Fighter Pilot".

Turbowars
01-21-2006, 08:20 PM
Lame? Stretching it? Y'all are on crack. Nothing personal. :)I know it's not personal. You didn't come up with the idea did you?;) I am on crack though.:thumbsup:

See here's the thing. Darth Tater and Spud Trooper just sound right. There's no ring to R2 Tater and it doesn't help that is looks like trash.:yes:

JimJamBonds
01-21-2006, 09:09 PM
I wish there was a bit more "spud" to him, but all in all not too shaby.

Kidhuman
01-21-2006, 11:40 PM
It looks like what I just flushed. Pure crap.

bobafrett
01-22-2006, 12:12 AM
It looks like what I just flushed. Pure crap.

Come on KH, where's the love :love: for the "Spud"?

I was thinking they should make a Tusken Tater, and instead of those cartoon eyes, they could have the metal eye pieces on a Tusken mask. :yes:

I do think the R2 tater looks a bit strange with the eyes, and it looks like you can sip a beverage from it's straw like piece sticking out the top of the dome. Drinking little Kenny "tater" up, eewwwwwwww.

plasticfetish
01-22-2006, 03:19 AM
I do think the R2 tater looks a bit strange with the eyes, and it looks like you can sip a beverage from it's straw like piece sticking out the top of the dome.You're right about the eyes. It's not a straw coming out of his head? I've been trying to figure out what that is.

I've gotta agree with Turbowars, I think the first one was the greatest, and I'm even willing to let the second one slide, (I saw it, they're OK, but I hate the masher/blaster thing), but that's it. They're really milking this idea to death. What's next... C-3PotatO, Potato Calrissian, Grand Moff Tuber?

Now that Hasbro's gonna do the Marvel thing, will we be getting an Incredible Tot, Tuberine and the rest of the X-Spuds, or maybe Fry-derman? (I think that's Chip-terman in the U.K., which makes even less sense.)

Enough's enough.

Tycho
01-22-2006, 07:18 AM
Coming out of R2's head is the blaster he used against the Buzz Droid in ROTS I believe. You're right, it does look like a straw and it would be neat to use it as a beverage container, but it won't work. The slide-hole in the bottom for the potato's "feet" would cause any liquid put in it to leak out.

I'd love a FRY Fighter Pilot, btw!

The stores around me have a ton of Darth Tater and usually only 1 Spud Trooper. I passed on my first Spud Trooper I left on the shelf just the other day. I don't know what ratio they're shipping in, but Darth Tater is king of the crop if you'll pardon the expression.

Sentinel18725
01-22-2006, 08:41 AM
Darth Tater needs his "Starch" Troopers to help control the galaxy. And who else to better represent the Rebelion than R2-DTater, I mean he was pivitol in both the rise and fall of the Empire.

Dave_Cameron
01-23-2006, 09:35 AM
This is the dumbest line I have ever seen. They should just have waited & put out one potato head with lots of accessories.

Captain Spoon
01-23-2006, 04:12 PM
I have also had trouble tracking down Spud Troopers, and I bet this one won't be any different plus It is going a little far. It would be so much easier if they started a program where someone from Hasbro would show up at your house everyother week, kick you in the nuts, take a $20 bill out of your wallet, and point and laugh as they run away. It would sure beat tracking down all the crap they are spitting out at us. :razz:

Tycho
01-23-2006, 04:47 PM
Captain Spoon: You don't know how bad I want to borrow that quote of yours as a signature line! :thumbsup:

Rogue II
01-23-2006, 05:36 PM
I like Darth Tater. I like Spudtrooper. I like R2-D2.

I don't really think this R2-Tater is that great. Hasbro was bound to continue the line, and I expected to see Boba Fett, Luke Pilot, and C-3PO. Even a Princess Leia from ANH would haven't suprised me...basically following the same pattern of the other kiddie lines. Yes, that typically includes R2, but R2 isn't exactly a human form.

But, my 4 year old likes R2-Tater, and that is Hasbro's intended target, so I guess that's all that counts.

plasticfetish
01-23-2006, 06:02 PM
How long 'til we see a Potato Head Transformer? Potatomus Prime anyone? Hmmm, or maybe a transforming Star Wars themed Mr. Potato Head... that also turns into Spiderman (from Spiderman 3.) :rolleyes:

K M Toydarian
01-23-2006, 09:13 PM
They should just have waited & put out one potato head with lots of accessories.
Just noticed in a recently reset store (I think it was Target) next to the MPH's were accessory packs for about 3.99 That had all the parts that come with a potato minus the head. One of them was Safari Spud, which was a set from last year. Hasbro should make Star Wars themed sets like this! Then we could collect and play how we wanted. I can imagine a parent getting a lot of barbie dolls, or action figures for a little kid (intended audience) as they don't take up that much space, but what parent wants to keep track of an army of huge Potatoes? Just sell us the accessory packs!

Sentinel18725
01-23-2006, 09:51 PM
I have also had trouble tracking down Spud Troopers, and I bet this one won't be any different plus It is going a little far. It would be so much easier if they started a program where someone from Hasbro would show up at your house everyother week, kick you in the nuts, take a $20 bill out of your wallet, and point and laugh as they run away. It would sure beat tracking down all the crap they are spitting out at us. :razz:

Absolutely hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

timmae
01-23-2006, 11:10 PM
i'll have to buy the r2 if i see him. i hope they don't make a r4! or any more. still better than getting kicked in the nuts and 20 bucks taken from you (you can always hide it in the closet).:thumbsup:

Captain Spoon
01-24-2006, 08:47 AM
hey Tycho, if you really want to rip some of that quote as a signiture line go nuts :thumbsup:

Rogue II
01-24-2006, 10:44 AM
I can imagine a parent getting a lot of Barbie dolls, or action figures for a little kid (intended audience) as they don't take up that much space, but what parent wants to keep track of an army of huge Potatoes? Just sell us the accessory packs!

My wife is still laughing at that one. You have never walked down the Barbie aisle at Toys R Us, have you? I have 2 brothers, so until my daughter got a some Barbie stuff last Christmas, I had no idea myself. Barbie's accessories have accessories...and then there is her house, car, playground, and horse and princess carriage.

Rocketboy
01-24-2006, 01:49 PM
I think an excuse (besides money) for not having an accessory pack is that collectors, like most of us, will want to display each of the various taters, not just one at a time.
This may be the case for kids also, since it is Star Wars and they might play with them as they do figures.

Rocketboy
01-26-2006, 02:52 PM
R2 Tater comes with a holo Leia spud!

Tycho
01-26-2006, 04:16 PM
Princess Tater! That's great news!

"Did you hear that? They've shut down the main fryer! There will also be no milkshake with the Princess this time!"

"Stop that."

"Stop what?"

"Stop that. My skin is peeling."

"I"m peeling too. What are you afraid of?"

"I'm not afraid."

"You're spudding."

"You like me because I'm a Spud. There aren't enough Spuds in your life."

"That's not true. I happen to like nice Fries."

"I can be a nice Fry."

"No you can't."

Tycho
01-26-2006, 04:17 PM
OK, we have to rewrite the Star Wars saga for potato heads. This could get too funny!

Kidhuman
01-26-2006, 04:52 PM
I will have to buy t his now, the holo is too cute.

Slicker
01-26-2006, 05:47 PM
Wow, Tycho. I really think all of the California smog is hittin' you harder than most.;)

As for the Leia it almost looks like a GH figure.

Jayspawn
01-27-2006, 12:35 PM
Pretty cool looking. I'll probably get one cause I have Darth Tater and Spudtrooper.

The Spud Troopers are still very scarce in my area.

Slicker
01-27-2006, 12:40 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Spudtroopers are still 1 per case. I found mine mixed amongst about 7 or 8 Darth Taters. I don't understand why they don't just up the amount of them per case but they have there reasons.

Rocketboy
01-27-2006, 01:20 PM
I don't understand why they don't just up the amount of them per case but they have there reasons.Yeah, they love to p*** me off. I still can't find one.

bearauto
01-28-2006, 12:25 PM
Hey you guys know you can buy the Spud Trooper from hasbrotoyshop.com, right?

JediTricks
01-28-2006, 03:49 PM
Nothing like paying $8 shipping on a $7 toy to the very company who is failing to make it readily-available in stores. :p