PDA

View Full Version : Release timeframe for Unleashed Battlepack Wave 2?

Sith Lord 0498
01-21-2006, 05:07 PM
Now that the initial "Utapau wave" of the Unleashed battlepacks are starting to hit retailers en masse, does anyone have an idea when we can start seeing the next wave (Kashyyyk and Felucia)? While the first wave was a mixed bag (battle droids horrible and bad paint job on the Utapaun face), the clones were awesome, and it looks like all four Wave 2 sets will rock!

jedi master sal
01-22-2006, 03:48 AM
Haven't heard anyting about release date yet. Could be they are taking a little longer than normal, since this is a new line and want to get some market research and feedback on the line.

My guess, and that' all it is, is we should see the second wave in the second quarter of the year. In other words, Starting in April or hopefully earlier.

the way these things are starting to pegwarm, retailors are going to need that time to sell through them.

I really think they need to drop the price on these to about $7-8. I think they'd sell alot better then. Probably pick up a bunch of people who are riding the fence about these.

-Sal

Sith Lord 0498
01-22-2006, 08:58 AM
They need to alter the case assortments IMO. Aren't the Utapaun warriors 4 per case or something. All I know is when the pegs are full, there're 2 Commander packs, 2 Clones, between 2-3 Droids, and 4-5 Utapauns...which are the big pegwarmers here. Still, my WMs seem to get in cases regularly and for the most part they sell through.

That would suck if Wave 2 doesn't show up until 2nd quarter, but I think they'll sell much better and more evenly. Each pack is appealing as opposed to flimsy droids and characters you barely see (Utapaun Warriors).

El Chuxter
01-22-2006, 09:36 AM
Based on past sales for later waves of lines that aren't doing well, I'd recommend you buy these the first time you see them at whatever price they're going for. The Unleashed Battle Packs, around here at least, make the Complete Galaxy or AOTC Deluxe look like some of the hottest sellers of all time.

The fact that people like Wookiees, but they're shipping after the boring Utapaun Warriors makes it look like they'll be even harder to get. Mix in the likelihood that Hasbro will mix in some Utapau packs, and these are going to be downright rare.

El Chuxter
01-23-2006, 08:38 PM
Correction. . . These are hitting now if you're one of the five people who care. :) I saw four new sets (Wookiees, Star Corps, Yoda's Elite Biker Scouts, and Commanders) at Target today.

Sorry, but they still suck. I'm not bitter about losing the large figures (okay, I am, but that's not why I say that), but they're lame.

figrin bran
01-23-2006, 09:39 PM
i'm one of the five people that care! i bought 4 sets from the utapau wave - the commanders, the seps and 2 of the clones and i'm going to buy all 4 sets in the next wave. it's working in my favor that they don't fly off the shelves (though they do sell out eventually except for the utapau warriors) because i can pick the sets with the best paint apps.

Sith Lord 0498
01-24-2006, 06:00 AM
Thanks for the update!! Guess I should start keeping my eyes open at WM (they'll have to go on layaway...)

jedi master sal
01-24-2006, 10:15 AM
Correction. . . These are hitting now if you're one of the five people who care. :) I saw four new sets (Wookiees, Star Corps, Yoda's Elite Biker Scouts, and Commanders) at Target today.

Sorry, but they still suck. I'm not bitter about losing the large figures (okay, I am, but that's not why I say that), but they're lame.

Thanks for the update!
I'm one who wants these too!
From this wave I plan on getting:
2-3 Wookie sets
3 Star Corps
5-6 Yoda's Elite Biker Scouts (or whatever they are called)
2 Commanders (Yoda, Aayla, Chewie, Tarfful)

Same for me as far as lay-away goes. I'm not in a rush, but don't want to miss them in case they were short ordered.

lukesky27
01-24-2006, 11:50 AM
My WM had the second wave yesterday.

They had several of each except "YODA'S Clonetroopers" There was none of those. My guess is that someone really wanted those and picked them up and left the rest.

D

El Chuxter
01-24-2006, 11:57 AM
Saw 'em at WM this morning, and they weren't there yesterday. Two stores (a Target and a WM) getting them within 24 hours; I think it's safe to say these are hitting hard now.