PDA

View Full Version : General Veers looks like Quentin Tarantino

Hellboy
01-22-2006, 03:10 AM
What is it with the Hoth figures and their liknesses. First General Rieekan turns out looking like John Kerry and now I picked up General Veers the other day and swear mine looks just like Quentin Tarantino. :cross-eye Strange, anyone else see the resemblance?

indyjones1981
01-22-2006, 03:21 AM
The General Rieekan does look like John Kerry. Noticed that when I picked him up last week. Made me laugh.
:)

Blue2th
01-22-2006, 09:26 AM
He does look like Quentin, now that you mention it. Too bad Veers doesn't look like George Bush. Then the Irony would be complete.

Kidhuman
01-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Yeah, I noticed it too,

Turbowars
01-22-2006, 12:07 PM
The man that played Veers is Quentin Tarantino's father.:yes:

El Chuxter
01-22-2006, 01:48 PM
Yeah, and Bren Derlin looks a lot like that mailman from Cheers. What's going on here?

Ji'dai
01-22-2006, 02:11 PM
Whaddaya know, Veers does look a little like Tarantino.

I guess that explains the little pack of Red Apple cigarettes I got with my Veers fig.

UKWildcat
01-22-2006, 02:21 PM
Has anyone else noticed that Veers' facial sculp looks identical to that of Quentin Tarantino? The resemblance is uncanny.

Yup, thats what I posted on 01/13 in the thread "Pictures of the Hoth wave". ;)

sith_killer_99
01-22-2006, 05:01 PM
First General Rieekan turns out looking like John Kerry

General Rieekan is John's long lost twin brother.

I picked up General Veers the other day and swear mine looks just like Quentin Tarantino.

I thought Tarantino played the part of General Veers, for the DVD release.;)

Yeah, and Bren Derlin looks a lot like that mailman from Cheers. What's going on here?

Yeah, what's up with that...weird huh.;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-22-2006, 06:02 PM
I thought Tarantino played the part of General Veers, for the DVD release.
"The shield will be down in moments. You may start your landing, alriiiight?" :D

I think this new one does kind of look like Quentin, but it still looks like Veers. Compare it to the old one side-by-side - the difference is laughable!

JEDIpartner
01-22-2006, 06:22 PM
I thought he looked like a hybrid of both actors who played Darren Stevens in Bewitched.

sith_killer_99
01-22-2006, 06:35 PM
"Lord Vader, do I have a sign outside my ship that says 'dead rebel storage'?"

What's up with Sio Bibble and Kris Kringle (AKA Santa)? Oh and Dash Rendar and Chuck Norris...hehehe.:twisted:

Kevin Federline and the Endor Rebel Soldier with goatee!:yes:

Ji'dai
01-22-2006, 08:15 PM
I always thought those POTF2 Han Solo figs looked a lot like George Clooney during his early ER days.

El Chuxter
01-22-2006, 08:45 PM
While we're on the subject, the Unfrozen Han from the Jabba's Palace Diorama looks more like Lyle Lovett than Harrison Ford.

LTBasker
01-22-2006, 09:05 PM
Tarantino, didn't think of that. I was looking at Veers at was thinking more that he looks like the guy that plays Rodney McKay on Stargate Atlantis.

BountyHunterScum
01-23-2006, 03:16 AM
He does look like Quentin, now that you mention it. Too bad Veers doesn't look like George Bush. Then the Irony would be complete.

:rolleyes:

CaptainSolo1138
01-23-2006, 08:35 AM
This was the only figure I had to have and I was so happy when I found it. I give it a solid A, even though the face sculpt (when he has his helmet on) looks like Quentin Tarantino.I beat you to it, sir. Sorry:p

Dave_Cameron
01-23-2006, 09:33 AM
LOL Irregardless of who it looks like, it only proves that he doesn't look a lot like General Veers.

vader68
01-23-2006, 09:56 AM

It is him. John Ratzenberger, the same guy who played Cliff on Cheers. Check the credits of ESB and you will see.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-23-2006, 12:01 PM
It is him. John Ratzenberger, the same guy who played Cliff on Cheers. Check the credits of ESB and you will see.
My good man, I do believe they were joking and fully aware of the casting of John Ratzenberger in both roles.

Hellboy
01-23-2006, 12:07 PM
"Lord Vader, do I have a sign outside my ship that says 'dead rebel storage'?"

lol :laugh: lol

Turbowars
01-23-2006, 07:21 PM
I know that was a great one!!

AmanaMatt
01-24-2006, 12:05 PM
Ok, not sure where this came from, but that Veers fig does not look even close to Tarantino, IMO. For the scale, he looks very close to the actor from ESB....fantastic likeness as far as I'm concerned.

CaptainSolo1138
01-24-2006, 02:05 PM
For the scale, he looks very close to the actor from ESB....fantastic likeness as far as I'm concerned.Actually, it is a good sculpt. If Veers was played by Quentin Tarantino. ;)

I do think it is a good sculpt and likeness of Julian Whatshisname, it just happens to look like Tarantino as well.

lukesky27
01-29-2006, 09:44 AM
"Lord Vader, do I have a sign outside my ship that says 'dead rebel storage'"

Oh my goodness, I nearly ****ed myself. lol

I finally picked this figure up yesterday and was shocked by the QT resemblence of Veers. It is amazing! I showed it to my wife and she did not agree...but, such is life.(she never agrees about anything) :frus: :love:

D.

Blue2th
01-29-2006, 11:17 AM
From looking at the pictures posted by Plasticfetish, you can see that Hasbro made Veers' hair too dark. I noticed this right away when I first picked up this figure. Julian Glover's hair is more of a dirty blond-gray color. His eyes are too close together. The eyebrows like the hair are too dark and defined. The hair color alone makes him closer to Quentin than Veers. This would have been an easy thing for Hasbro to correct before releasing this figure. Maybe it's young General Veers:rolleyes:

Devo
01-29-2006, 12:45 PM
From looking at the pictures posted by Plasticfetish, you can see that Hasbro made Veers' hair too dark. I noticed this right away when I first picked up this figure. Julian Glover's hair is more of a dirty blond-gray color. His eyes are too close together. The eyebrows like the hair are too dark and defined. The hair color alone makes him closer to Quentin than Veers. This would have been an easy thing for Hasbro to correct before releasing this figure. Maybe it's young General Veers:rolleyes:

Agreed completely. Was there only one person working on this figure at every stage without any input from anyone else? It just seems like the kind of thing that would surely be caught at some point before being put out.

plasticfetish
01-29-2006, 03:17 PM
Sometimes I imagine Hasbro's design department as something like the nuke plant from the Simpsons... "Hey Homer, let's make this one look just like Lenny." -- "Good idea Carl."

Blue2th
01-29-2006, 03:38 PM
Yup, You would think there would be one QC guy that could catch such a dumb error as hair color. Or do they even care? I had been waiting for my favorite OT character General Veers all these years (hey that rhymes) After the TRU Battle of Hoth pack General Veers Debaucle. With all the work put into this figure you would think Hasbro would pay attention. Still it's the best AT-AT Commander ever offered. Even if he does look more like Quentin Tarantino than Veers. Julian Glover deserved better. Maybe we'll see a tweeked version down the road. Yeah, way down the road I'm sure.

Devo
01-29-2006, 04:08 PM
His hair should have been the colour of the Rieekan figure from the same wave by my estimation. And I posted this in the review thread as well - it looks like the hair piece from a LEGO man - the dark brown, the lack of sculpted detail and the stark delineation of the hairline as a result of yet another needless ball-joint neck all contribute to this effect.

All this said I still like the figure. The officer part of the uniform was done well and they returned to the shade and texture that I preferred from the Motti figure (I suppose its a bit much to ask but...any chance of an Ozzel redo??!!)

Slicker
01-29-2006, 05:10 PM
I finally picked Veers up and the first thing I did was look at the fact sculpt because of this thread and I kinda chuckled in the toy aisle when I saw that it did indeed look Tarintino. It's almost comical.

El Chuxter
01-29-2006, 05:16 PM
"What I'm trying to say here in this ground assault is that violence is everywhere, even in our children's cereal."

<lightsaber sound>

"Here I am, stuck in the middle with you...."

General_Grievous
04-07-2007, 09:03 PM
And it starts again! Someone at Hasbro must have a Tarantino fetish. Check out the head sculpt on the Rebel Honor Guard.

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TAC/TAC10rebguardpose1.jpg

He looks even more like Quentin than Veers does!

2-1B
04-07-2007, 10:49 PM
No kiddin' Double Gee, how 'bout that. :eek:

Blue2th
04-07-2007, 11:20 PM
Coincedence? I think not. This is too weird.

El Chuxter
04-08-2007, 02:32 AM
But we can't get a Hoth Rebel Soldier who looks like Tim Burton? :mad:

Jargo
04-09-2007, 01:00 PM
well it sure beats getting a rebel fleet trooper (tantive IV battle pack) that looks like he belongs in the blue oyster bar.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-09-2007, 05:42 PM
Maybe someone at Hasbro really wanted to make Grindhouse figures, but this was the closest they could get.

darko666
05-29-2007, 01:30 PM
just need a figure with a head sculpt to look like Travolta and Keitel, and we can recreate a great scene from Pulp Fiction. granted you would need to make some alterations to a Mace figure.

JEDIpartner
05-30-2007, 09:29 AM
How about a sculpey 'fro? :p

darko666
05-30-2007, 02:54 PM
How about a sculpey 'fro? :p

ha, exactly.