PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars 3" Titanium Series VARIATION List

Warstar
01-22-2006, 09:02 PM
Update time!

Here's the definitive list of the 3" Titaniums as of 1/22/06- minus the obvious Date Stamps from the Galoob Line and such :) I am also making this list for those that are curious about the ships as compared to the old Die-Cast line.

This list covers Wal-Mart Exclusives Waves 1-4, the first 4 5-packs, and MASS RETAIL Edition Waves 1-5 (5 has yet to be released).

If I miss anything, let me know :) This will be ordered for the Titanium Series in their respective wave- the Galoob counterparts (if any) will be mentioned :)

Just for reference's sake I don't own some of the new ships so I don't have all of the variant specifics yet (namely the 3rd 5-pack with the Raw Metal Falcon) but I have seen pics of some and know the repaints/variants.

A word about the Titanium Series painted logos...

So far I have seen pics of one on a Republic Assault Cruiser and that's it. I have read enough reports of them being on the White TIE Fighter that I believe them, too. I do not know where they would be on a Speeder Bike, Clone Turbo Tank, Death Star or on Jango Fett's Slave 1. Until such time these variations are confirmed they will NOT be listed!

The paint lines at the end of the variations refer to the words "Star Wars" on the stands- either Rainbow Silver, Silver or None.

LEGEND:

Wave X WM EXCL Edition= Wal-Mart Exclusive release packaging with STAR WARS being prominent. There were 4 waves- the last Wal-Mart wave with the Wookie Flyer, Green Jedi Star Fighter, Naboo Royal Starship and Battle-Ravaged Millennium Falcon was NOT widely released in the United States but it was released overseas (Hong Kong, Singapore, English-Only packaging) and in Canada (with Tri-Lingual packaging)

Wave X MASS RETAIL EDITION= Mass Retail release with the brand TITANIUM SERIES being prominent and Star Wars being secondary. The bubble packaging is larger and the ships can be found anywhere. To date, 4 Waves have been released (with Wave 5 coming in February/March 2006).

THIS LIST IS NOW IN ORDER OF RELEASE AND WAVE!

To make things easier on everyone, here is a list of the Waves the Titanium Series Ships first appeared in for the modern release and when they were released (roughly). The numbers correspond with the variations below, and the numbers "**." indicate that the ship mentioned was either released in a previous Wave or is a repaint of another ship from another wave.

WAL-MART WAVE 1 (2004, Winter- Wal-Mart Exclusive Packaging- 4 ships)

1. X-Wing Fighter
2. TIE Fighter
3. Millennium Falcon
4. Slave 1

STAR WARS CELEBRATION III / HASBRO EXCLUSIVE (May, 2005- 1 ship)

5. Gold X-Wing Fighter

WAL-MART WAVE 2 (2005, Spring- Wal-Mart Exclusive Packaging- 8 ships)

6. Jedi Starfighter (ROTS)
7. Republic Gunship (AOTC, ROTS)
8. Droid Tri-Fighter
9. AT-RT
10. A-Wing Fighter
11. Snowspeeder
12. Star Destroyer
13. Y-Wing

WAL-MART WAVE 3 (2005, Fall- Wal-Mart Exclusive Packaging- 5 ships)

14. Naboo Starfighter
15. ARC-170
16. Swamp Speeder
17. TIE Bomber
18. Landspeeder

WAL-MART WAVE 4 (2005, Winter- Wal-Mart Exclusive Packaging- 4 ships- NOT WIDELY RELEASED- Never in the U.S.)

**. Battle-Ravaged Millennium Falcon
**. Green ROTS-Style Jedi Starfighter
19. Wookie Flyer
20. Naboo Royal Starship

MASS RETAIL WAVE 1 (2006, January- EVERYWHERE- RETAIL Packaging 4 Ships)

**. WHITE TIE Fighter
21. Republic Attack Cruiser
22. Clone Turbo Tank
23. Speeder Bike

MASS RETAIL WAVE 2 (2006, January- EVERYWHERE- RETAIL Packaging 7 Ships)

**. Republic Attack Cruiser
**. Clone Turbo Tank
**. Speeder Bike
**. WHITE TIE Fighter
**. Jango Fett's Slave 1
24. Death Star
25. Vulture Droid (Droid Fighter)

MASS RETAIL WAVE 3 (2006, January- EVERYWHERE- RETAIL Packaging 6 Ships)

**. WHITE TIE Fighter
**. Vulture Droid (Droid Fighter)
**. Republic Gunship (Clone Wars Decoration- Limited)
26. Darth Vader's TIE Fighter
27. Imperial Shuttle
28. AT-AT

MASS RETAIL WAVE 4 (2006, February- EVERYWHERE- RETAIL Packaging 8 Ships)

**. Darth Vader's TIE Fighter
**. Imperial Shuttle
**. AT-AT
**. Wookie Flyer
**. Naboo Royal Starship
**. Green ROTS-Style Jedi Starfighter

MASS RETAIL WAVE 5 (2006, February/March- EVERYWHERE- RETAIL Packaging 7 Ships)

**. Naboo Royal Starship
**. Blue ROTS-Style Jedi Starfighter
**. Limited "Raw Metal" Slave 1
29. Sith Infiltrator
30. AAT Droid Tank (Trade Federation Tank)

WAL-MART EXCLUSIVE 5-PACK NUMBER 1 (2005- Spring)

-Red Obi-Wan Kenobi's ROTS Jedi Starfighter
-Yellow Anakin Skywalker's ROTS Jedi Starfighter
-Green Republic Gunship
-Droid Tri-Fighter
-"Raw Metal" (All Silver) AT-RT

WAL-MART EXCLUSIVE 5-PACK NUMBER 2 (2005- Summer)

-Slave 1 (Darker Canopy)
-X-Wing Fighter (Red 3)
-Blue ARC-170
-Green Swampspeeder
-"Raw Metal" (All Silver) TIE Bomber

WAL-MART EXCLUSIVE (???) 5-PACK NUMBER 3 (2006-January)

-TIE Fighter
-Landspeeder
-X-Wing Fighter (Yellow Stripe)
-Y-Wing Fighter (Red)
-"Raw Metal" (All Silver) Millennium Falcon

MASS RETAIL 5-PACK NUMBER 1 (2006-??? - 5-PACK NUMBER 4 TOTAL)

-Star Destroyer
-Death Star
-Imperial Shuttle
-Darth Vader's TIE Fighter (Battle Damaged)
-"Raw Metal" (All Silver) AT-AT

(1) X-Wing Fighter

-Galoob DIE-CAST has lighter paint colors and Red 5 Markings- Blue Stand Silver Paint

-JC Penney Version is plastic.

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 1 WM EXCL Edition has Red 5 Markings- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium 5-Pack 2 WM EXCL Edition has Red 3 Markings- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium 5-Pack 3 WM EXCL (?) Edition has Red 5 Markings, Blue on R2-D2's dome and a Yellow Stripe down the front- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

(2) TIE Fighter

-Galoob DIE-CAST one has lighter paint- esp. on Windows- Blue Stand Silver Paint

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 1 WM EXCL Edition has darker paint and a different color on the windows than the Galoob edition- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium 5-Pack 3 WM EXCL (?) Edition has no difference (?) from Titanium Wave 1 (?)

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 1 MASS RETAIL Edition has White paint on it with Black paint around the cockpit. Ship has small painted "Titanium Series" logo on bottom of ship. This logo can be seen on the interior of the ship's "solar panels" when the ship is inside the package! Date Stamps= Unknown

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 2 MASS RETAIL Edition has White paint on it with Black paint around the cockpit. Does not have Titanium Series painted stamp. Date Stamps= Unknown

(3) Millenium Falcon

-Galoob DIE-CAST one has lighter paint- Blue Stand Silver Paint

-JC Penney one is plastic and does not have a rotatable radar dish.

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 1 WM EXCL Edition has darker paint- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 4 WM EXCL Edition is "Battle-Ravaged" with "damaged" paint. Old-style WM EXCL Packaging

-Titanium 5-Pack 3 WM EXCL (?) Edition is "Raw Metal" Silver

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 4 MASS RETAIL Edition is "Battle-Ravaged" with "damaged" paint. New-style TITANIUM SERIES Packaging.

(4) Slave 1 (Fett's and Jango's)

-Galoob one has Clear Window and lighter paint- Blue Stand NO Paint

-JC Penney one is plastic with Black painted window.

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 1 WM EXCL Edition has Clear Window- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium 5-Pack 2 WM EXCL Edition has DARK Tinted Window (distinctly different)- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 2 MASS RETAIL Edition has Jango Fett's Slave 1 coloration and a Dark Red translucent canopy.

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 5 MASS RETAIL Edition is "Raw Metal" Silver. FIRST RAW SILVER SHIP OUTSIDE OF A 5-PACK!

(5) Gold Leader (SPECIAL EDITION X-WING SHIP)

-Bagged Special Edition from Indianapolis Celebration III Convention with Gold Paint, Celebration III markings (Indianapolis 2005) Clear Lasers and Clear Landing Gear.

-??? Rumored version without Celebration III Markings

(6) Revenge of the Sith Style Jedi Starfighter (Yellow, Red, Green and Blue TO DATE)

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 2 WM EXCL Edition Anakin YELLOW has Clear Window and Black Laser Cannons- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium 5-Pack 1 WM EXCL Edition Anakin YELLOW has DARK Tinted Window and Brown Laser Cannons (distinctly different)- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium 5-Pack 1 WM EXCL Edition Obi-Wan RED, Clear Canopy and Black Guns- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 4 WM EXCL Edition Anakin GREEN has Clear Window and Gray Laser Cannons- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 5 MASS RETAIL Edition Obi-Wan BLUE Clear Canopy and Gray Laser Cannons- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

(7) Republic Gunship

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 2 WM EXCL Edition has Red Paint- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium 5-Pack 1 WM EXCL Edition has Green Paint- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 3 MASS RETAIL Edition has Clone Wars Cartoon Chapter 21 Decoration (Mouth), Gray and Bright Red/Orange. FIRST LIMITED EDITION SHIP- has Foil Titanium Series Logo!

(8) Droid Tri-Fighter

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 2 WM EXCL Edition is identical to 5-Pack- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium 5-Pack 1 WM EXCL Edition is identical to Single Pack- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

(9) AT-RT

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 2 WM EXCL Edition is Color Painted

-Titanium 5-Pack 1 WM EXCL Edition is "Raw Metal" Silver

(10) A-Wing Fighter

-Galoob DIE-CAST one has light Red paint- Blue Stand NO Paint

-JC Penney one is plastic

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 2 WM EXCL Edition has darker Red paint- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

(11) Snowspeeder

-Galoob DIE-CAST one has lighter paint- Blue Stand NO Paint

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 2 WM EXCL Edition- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

(12) Star Destroyer

-Galoob DIE-CAST one has lighter paint- Blue Stand Silver Paint

-Titanium 5-Pack 4 MASS RETAIL Edition has no difference from Titanium Wave 2 (?)

(13) Y-Wing

-Galoob DIE-CAST one has light paint- Blue Stand NO Paint

-Titanium 5-Pack 3 WM EXCL (?) Edition has Red paint markings

(14) Naboo Starfighter

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 3 WM EXCL Edition is Yellow. No Variations yet

(15) ARC-170

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 3 WM EXCL Edition has Red Paint- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium 5-Pack 1 WM EXCL Edition has Blue Paint- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

(16) Swamp Speeder

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 3 WM EXCL Edition has Red Paint- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium 5-Pack 2 WM EXCL Edition has Green Paint- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

(17) TIE Bomber

-Galoob DIE-CAST one has light paint- Blue Stand NO Paint

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 3 WM EXCL Edition has Clear Window- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium 5-Pack 2 WM EXCL Edition is "Raw Metal" Silver- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

(18) Landspeeder

-Galoob DIE-CAST one has light paint- NO Stand

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 3 WM EXCL Edition- Black Stand Rainbow Silver Paint

-Titanium 5-Pack 3 WM EXCL (?) Edition has no difference (?) from Titanium Wave 3 (?)

(19) Wookie Flyer (Helicopter)

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 4 WM EXCL Edition is Brown with white blades. Old-style WM EXCL Packaging.

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 4 MASS RETAIL Edition is Brown with white blades. New-style TITANIUM SERIES Packaging.

(20) Naboo Royal Starship

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 4 WM EXCL Edition is Silver. Old-style WM EXCL Packaging.

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 4 MASS RETAIL Edition is Silver. New-style TITANIUM SERIES Packaging.

(21) Republic Attack Cruiser (aka Venerator class)

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 1 MASS RETAIL Edition has small painted "Titanium Series" logo on bottom of ship. This logo cannot be seen when the ship is inside the package! Date Stamps= Unknown

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 2 MASS RETAIL Edition does not have this stamp. Date Stamps= Unknown

(22) Clone Turbo Tank

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 1 MASS RETAIL Edition has Red paint highlights.

(23) Speeder Bike

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 1 MASS RETAIL Edition has Biker Scout (Scout Trooper) in seated on it.

(24) Death Star

-Galoob DIE-CAST one has lighter paint, less paint detail, and no black painted equator line.

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 2 MASS RETAIL Edition has good paint detail and a black equator line painted on the upper hemisphere.

-Titanium 5-Pack 4 MASS RETAIL Edition has no difference from Titanium Wave 2 (?)

(25) Droid Fighter (Trade Federation and Vulture Droid)

-Galoob DIE-CAST one is Brown with Black Eyes and Trade Federation markings.

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 3 MASS RETAIL Edition has Green Eyes and Confederation markings

(26) Darth Vader's TIE Fighter

-JC Penney one is light gray, small and plastic

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 3 MASS RETAIL Edition is dark blue/gray, larger than the JC Penney Version and has an opening cockpit. Canopy is DARK translucent Gray plastic.

-Titanium 5-Pack 4 MASS RETAIL Edition has "Battle-Damage"

(27) Imperial Shuttle (Tyderium)

-JC Penney one is smaller, gray and plastic. Wings are stationary.

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 3 MASS RETAIL Edition is White with movable wings. Cockpit canopy is light gray translucent plastic.

-Titanium 5-Pack 4 MASS RETAIL Edition has no difference from Titanium Wave 3 (?)

(28) AT-AT

-JC Penney one is smaller, gray and plastic.

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 3 MASS RETAIL Edition has a white base. The walker has white highlights as well.

-Titanium 5-Pack 4 MASS RETAIL Edition is "Raw Metal" Silver.

(29) Sith Infiltrator

-Galoob DIE-CAST one has light paint.

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 5 MASS RETAIL Edition has darker paint and weathering (?)

(30) Droid Tank (aka AAT Trade Federation Tank)

-Galoob DIE-CAST one has light paint.

-Titanium Single Pack Wave 5 MASS RETAIL Edition has darker paint and weathering (?)

GALOOB MOLDS THAT EXIST IN TITANIUM SCALE AND WERE MADE IN DIE-CAST METAL BEFORE BUT HAVE NOT BEEN REMADE OR HAVE NOT BEEN ANNOUNCED AS JOINING THE "TITANIUM SERIES " LINE (as of 1/22/06):

(31) Sebulba's Pod Racer
(32) Republic Cruiser (Red Diplomatic- from Episode 1)
(33) Trade Federation Droid Control Ship
(34) Gian Speeder
(35) Executor Star Destroyer (with scale Star Destroyer attached)
(36) Jawa Sandcrawler

HASBRO MOLDS THAT EXIST IN TITANIUM SCALE AND WERE MADE IN PLASTIC THAT HAVE NOT BEEN ANNOUNCED AS JOINING THE "TITANIUM SERIES" LINE:

(37) B-Wing Fighter

The 4th 5-pack has JUST been announced (thanks BritCit3)! Who knows what variants we'll find...:p

Good luck!

Darth Windu
01-22-2006, 09:26 PM
Ok, two problems in your list I noticed.

1. Anakin's Green Starfighter has Grey cannons, not Black.
2. Droid Starfighter (Galoob, TPM) has Black eyes, not Red.

Otherwise, good work.

Warstar
01-22-2006, 09:43 PM
Fixed :pleased:

JediTricks
01-23-2006, 04:15 PM
I'm not stickying this thread at this point, it'll depend on how much more interest there is in these variations.

BTW, the Clone Wars Republic Gunship has a packaging variation, facing upwards vs downwards.

Warstar
01-23-2006, 06:57 PM
I know, I know...but I am not tracking minor package variations. If I were to do that, my head would explode because I have already noticed/catalogued quite a few aside from the obvious inner-bubble switch-a-roo on the AOTC Gunship- and that variant only seems to exist in with the Clone Wars Deco version (or maybe it was mis-packed? Though I can't see how that could be).

I am just tracking ship paint jobs. I know there are errors out there on the ships, too, as one of my Slave 1's in package is missing a tiny gray square that's on my loose one, etc., but I am just trying to help out those who want the obvious skinny/low-down on what's out there already :p

Here are a few minor package variant possibilities...you asked for it ;) :

-"Die-Cast" sticker below the "Star Wars" on the Wal-Mart EXCL packaging versus NO Die-Cast sticker. Some had 'em- some didn't- for all 4 Wal-Mart Waves. My WM EXCL Wave 1 X-Wing has it, my Falcon, Slave 1 and TIE Fighter don't- probably because the X-Wing was released with the Wave 2 WM EXCL ships in Europe.

-British/European UPC covering the American UPC, as well as Tri-Lingual sticker with info on the back (appeared on my British X-Wing- but the American UPC is still visible underneath the sticker).

-Choking Hazard warning stickers on Wave 1 WM EXCL packaging- both with or without them AND color variants (black with white text, white with black text, etc.)

-Tri-Lingual WM EXCL Wave 4 packaging variations (confirmed)- and then ALL of THOSE sticker variant possibilities...(no Die-Cast or Die-Cast, choking warning stickers and colors, etc.!)

-Chrome "Titanium Series" label versus White one- of course, this is on the Clone Wars Deco Gunship but I foresee it going on the Raw Metal Slave 1 in Wave 5...

Etc. Etc.

I hope people are interested in variants- it's what makes a line like this SO addicting :D But trying to get all of the package variants would be financial suicide!

Hasta :)

JediTricks
01-24-2006, 08:14 PM
IMO, any time they have to change the tray or bubble, that's an authentic variation. Anything where a sticker is moved, that's a BS variation unless a lot of them come that way since it's not that hard to move a sticker.

BountyHunterScum
01-25-2006, 12:20 AM
The Executor is not quite acurate, if it were true to scale the Executor would be 12 inches while the included Star Destroyer would remain the same size.

JediTricks
01-25-2006, 03:37 PM
What? You mean the Galoob die-cast Executor? That thing is just right (not counting the thickness which is off), the SSD is 7 times as big as the ISD which is represented on the DC Super Star Destroyer and its connected offspring. What's great too is the DC Imperial Star Destroyer is in scale with the Hasbro Collectors Fleet Executor. :D

... none of this is a variation though, why are we discussing it here?

Warstar
01-25-2006, 07:54 PM
The inclusion of the stickers is the rarity- anyone with hair dryer and enough time can remove the stickers easily.

These are legit variants, though, as, technically, they could exist.

I have only seen one example of the Gunship tray change so far, and only on the CW Deco version so...

I need to see more- preferably ones with the WM EXCL Wave 2 Red Coloration.

Why would Hasbro re-tool only to make a run of one ship? Maybe the one where the tray is reversed will be a new version? I dunno...:whip:

JediTricks
01-26-2006, 09:24 PM
it's not like they do 1 run in 1 day, sometimes an early production sample will show something that doesn't look as good and they'll change it midway through, those bubble trays are very cheap to produce apparently.

Warstar
01-28-2006, 12:54 AM
True true- but then the question is how many of these flipped trays made it out?

Heh- I did find the first possible legit paint variant today- or one hec of a blatant error. Too bad it's on a Vulture Droid...I'll post a thread here soon with pics (tomorrow night probably).

On the Droid's rear left wing (upper right wing as it sits in the package) there are 2 black stripes that cover little Trade Fed symbols. I found a Vulture today that's MISSING those 2 black stripes...if it's a variant, we'll find more. If mine is an error, it's GLARINGLY bad. Like I said- pics tomorrow.

I also got an AT-AT and CW Gunship to keep closed, and a White TIE to open- so I am set until March :D...or February...on ones I need to find closed. Ones to open are a whole other story- and because of the error/possible variant, I STILL need a Vulture to open- plus an AT-AT, Imp Shuttle and CW Gunship to open (I could have gotten another Imp Shuttle and AT-AT today but I didn't have the extra $10 :( :( :( )!

ARGH!

EDIT:

After perusing Ebay, I think my STRIPED one is the variant- check out this pic of one that looks like the one I found today:

http://i7.ebayimg.com/01/i/05/e0/0a/68_1.JPG

The one I have has those blue stripes on the upper-right wing covered with 2 more black stripes- and I got that one from the Wave 2 case I ordered from EE.

Dude...more pics on this enigma later...

BountyHunterScum
01-28-2006, 10:24 AM
What? You mean the Galoob die-cast Executor? That thing is just right (not counting the thickness which is off), the SSD is 7 times as big as the ISD which is represented on the DC Super Star Destroyer and its connected offspring. What's great too is the DC Imperial Star Destroyer is in scale with the Hasbro Collectors Fleet Executor. :D

... none of this is a variation though, why are we discussing it here?

I wouldnt say that around curtis saxton fans, now he and they are also trying to change the name from super star destroyer to star dreadnought. :mad: apparently a book from indiana jones to star wars says the ship is 11 times larger. i've never actually read the book. i wouldnt rely on wikipedia either because all the saxton desciples have taken that thing over. I have the collector fleet SSD and the other two that came out. they have good detail but the line itself didnt do so well.

JediTricks
01-28-2006, 03:22 PM
Ugh, you have got to be kidding me, why would they want to change it now? Always someone thinking they can do a better job. SW Chronicles says the SSD is 5 times as large as the ISD, and 8000 meters long, that's a number which had been around since '84 apparently. However, SW.com now has a listing saying it's 19,000 meters and the ISD is 1600 meters long, making the SSD 12 times as large. Based on what I saw in the movies, there's no way the SSD is 12 times as long as the ISD.

LTBasker
01-28-2006, 10:15 PM
On Behind the Magic, if you take the side-by-side comparison of the SSD and the ISD and put a pic into photoshop, you can copy and paste the ISD 11 times into the length of the SSD. I don't think I've ever heard BtM referred to as a canon source though. Not sure.

BountyHunterScum
01-28-2006, 11:16 PM
Ugh, you have got to be kidding me, why would they want to change it now? Always someone thinking they can do a better job. SW Chronicles says the SSD is 5 times as large as the ISD, and 8000 meters long, that's a number which had been around since '84 apparently. However, SW.com now has a listing saying it's 19,000 meters and the ISD is 1600 meters long, making the SSD 12 times as large. Based on what I saw in the movies, there's no way the SSD is 12 times as long as the ISD.
They change it because curtis saxton seems to win the hearts and minds of idiots. The inside the worlds of star wars books says star dreadnought, thats his and some guy named james lucerno's doing. I have the thin version, I'm going to not buy anymore SW DK published books. the whole scanner globe thing was from Mandel's blueprints. Mandel replied to my email and said the Imperator name was never official nor were his blueprints, "Mandel: I never worked on star wars or for lucasfilm the blueprints were a fan effort." I don't know why saxton thinks he can screw with something that doesn't belong to him. The Executor was called a "Star Destroyer" twice in ESB and Super Star Destroyer in ROTJ. Darth Vader called it a Star Destroyer, thats good enough for me since I already knew it was a star destroyer. In ROTJ when Luke is looking out the window of Palpatine's throne room you can see the Executor off in the distance and it doesn't look 12 times larger. The saxton sheep wikipedia article says the keeper of the holocron blog confirms the star dreadnought name, thats funny since I did a search multiple times and found nothing of the sort. they did have a discussion on the length but never the class or name. The illustrations in the book are nice but the info where the Executor is concerned is faulty. I've actually tried to fix the wikipedia article from that bad info but the saxton squad comes in and reverts it back. It's never been indentified as Executor class in any past or present source but that didnt stop him from calling it that. As far as I've known those spheres on the tower were shield generators until Saxton came along and wanted to change that too. The die cast micro machine does show the Executor to be 5 times larger and so did the pc games like Tie Fighter and X-wing. He also got the book to say the title Super Star Destroyer was slang. I've actually read on other boards that pressure from combat made Ackbar call the Executor that, that is the dumbest excuse i've ever heard. The Executor model was like 282cm/9ft 3 inches long or something and the regular ESB star destroyer model was 259cm/8ft 5 inches long. The Devastator from ANH was 91cm/2ft 11inches. The models are obviously not to scale with each other. sw.com has these model lengths. I'm not sure where the 19,000 meter length came from maybe a book, wouldn't surprise me if the author were a friend of curtis saxton.

Warstar
01-29-2006, 04:37 PM
This whole discussion got off-topic...

As for all of this SSD blather, I could care less. This Curtis Saxton sounds lke an idiot- and James Lucerno is a Star Wars Expanded Universe author (for the record), and all he does really well is write battle scenes (everything else is only ok- and I have read all of his Star Wars works from the Star Wars: NJO series on).

The Executor IS a Super Star Destroyer. Period. The Dreadnaught is an entirely different ship in the Star Wars video games- which I consider canon since they were made, developed and approved by George Lucas and LucasArts.

SSD Link on Star Wars.com (http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/superstardestroyer/)

Star Destroyer Link on Star Wars.com (http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/imperialstardestroyer/index.html)

I could buy the 12 times larger thing without a problem- but realize that there were probably larger and smaller regular Star Destroyers- and probably different types of command ships.

The only Dreadnaught in the Star Wars universe is mentioned here:

Link to Dreadnaught info on Star Wars.com (http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/dreadnaught/index.html)

I think Mr. Saxton needs to rethink his stance.

Moving on and getting back on topic- see the attached photos below for the Vulture Droid variation. The one with the 2 stripes on the upper wing on the upper right side is one I got from a Wave 2 Rev. 2 Case of Titaniums from Entertainment Earth. Things is, I haven't seen another like it since- and it's different than the prototype photo (which the Wave 3 one looks like, too).

BUT- it's not a fluke or a reversed paint scheme or an error or anything like that because of the positioning of the stripes over the blue stripes (if the paint job was backwards or something the blue Confed markings should be somewhere else). PLUS- it looks like the black stripe scheme was changed for that entire side of the toy, and the forward blue stripes are no longer covered by a black stripe, either! :)

SO! Aside from the painted badges, here's the FIRST art-deco/paint variation in the Star Wars Titanium line! :D

See the circled pic in case you're still confused ;)

And for the uber-obsessed (like me), the Date Stamp on the Wave 2 R2 Striped Variant is B53121

The Date Stamp on the Regular Wave 3 Variant is B53341

Enjoy the pics! :D

JediTricks
01-29-2006, 06:24 PM
Very informative, both of you. Sometimes it's not fun to be a fanboy, and how they can say those globes on the ISDs and SSD aren't shield generators when the movie itself says as much is miserable.

As for the Vulture Droid, it could be a paint mask that someone applied incorrectly (perhaps they put it into the mask in the wrong orientation) or a mask that got tossed early, pretty weird really.

BountyHunterScum
01-29-2006, 06:34 PM
Thanks jedi, I try. it's good to know im in good company here. Theres some lame arguement from saxton about the shield's on the Executor going down in ROTJ but thats another story. :thumbsup:

JediTricks
01-29-2006, 06:48 PM
Ugh, the "coincidence" argument, I hate that stuff. If the director or editors wanted to suggest that, they would have shown the dialogue about the shields being down and THEN showed the globe being blown up to support that the shields were down, but they put the 2 shots together in the opposite way which supports that the globe is the shield generator - the globe explodes, the bridge rocks, and the dialogue says "sir, we've lost our bridge deflector shield - that is a clear chain of events.

Warstar
01-29-2006, 06:54 PM
As for the Vulture Droid, it could be a paint mask that someone applied incorrectly (perhaps they put it into the mask in the wrong orientation) or a mask that got tossed early, pretty weird really.

I don't think it was a wrong orientation, or else I would expect the error to be more pronounced (i.e. the stripes going the wrong way, etc.). Also, the paint mask on the Wave 2 Droid in no way resembles the one on the other wing on the same ship, and the mask on the Wave 3 one is totally different than the mask on either ship...

All of the ones I see on Ebay are like the Wave 3 one (with the blue details on the left side of the ship uncovered- even EE's protoype one they picture looks like that- so the Wave 2 one might be a mistake of some kind but what a mistake!!!).

Has anyone else seen a Vulture like the Wave 2 one I have (with the paint lines on the left wing/right side in package)? I'd hate to think I had the only one because that would mean paint error- a kinda' cool one nonetheless- but an error. I'd rather it be a variation for some odd reason (...I have to admit, that Clone Wars Deco Gunship Tray Change is just SCREAMING for me to find it :p)

Either way, I gotta' open one someday so now I have to find another one...I'm tempted to open the one without the stripes because there are obviously a LOT more of them in the world...

itsme
01-29-2006, 08:09 PM
[QUOTE=Warstar](18) Landspeeder

-Titanium 5-Pack 3 WM EXCL (?) Edition has no difference (?) from Titanium Wave 3 (?)
[QUOTE]

Warstar, there are difference in color for the left engines. Titanium Single Pack Wave 3 is painted SILVER whereas the 5-Pack version is painted BROWN.

BountyHunterScum
01-30-2006, 03:39 AM
Ugh, the "coincidence" argument, I hate that stuff. If the director or editors wanted to suggest that, they would have shown the dialogue about the shields being down and THEN showed the globe being blown up to support that the shields were down, but they put the 2 shots together in the opposite way which supports that the globe is the shield generator - the globe explodes, the bridge rocks, and the dialogue says "sir, we've lost our bridge deflector shield - that is a clear chain of events.

Basically yep, the other globe wasn't damaged so the shields weren't 100% down. I don't care if the guy has a phd in theoretical astrophysics, that still doesnt mean he's qualified to analyze star wars. another thing is trying to label a fictional ship with real life naval designations. lol

Warstar
01-30-2006, 03:49 AM
(18) Landspeeder

Warstar, there are difference in color for the left engines. Titanium Single Pack Wave 3 is painted SILVER whereas the 5-Pack version is painted BROWN.

Thanks for the info- I'll add it when I make the next variation list revision (next month).

Speaking of those 5-packs, anyone know where I can get 2- CHEAP- aside from the Bay of E?

JediTricks
01-30-2006, 04:28 PM
I don't think it was a wrong orientation, or else I would expect the error to be more pronounced (i.e. the stripes going the wrong way, etc.).That would be the case if they reversed the mask, but if they simply inserted the vehicle upside-down into the mask, it would cause this very situation.

Warstar
01-30-2006, 04:39 PM
If the ship was inserted upside down the stripes would be totally different on the whole vehicle ;) Instead of the stripes sweeping from upper-right to lower-left, the stripes would sweep from upper-left to lower right, as viewed from the top, etc.

Personally, I think it's a variant- but I need to see more Wave 2 Vulture Droids before the final verdict comes in. Problem is, they'll have to be tracked using the Date Stamps because there was so little space between Wave 2 ad Wave 3 being released this time around.

The Vulture's kinda' cool as an error though- if it is indeed a paint error. ;)

JediTricks
01-30-2006, 04:42 PM
Not if each wing stripe section has a separate mask, which is likely given the curved nature of the part (otherwise the outer parts of both sides of the curve would be unevenly painted).

Warstar
01-31-2006, 12:19 AM
Not if each wing stripe section has a separate mask, which is likely given the curved nature of the part (otherwise the outer parts of both sides of the curve would be unevenly painted).

Maybe- I am still not sure what you mean. Are you trying to downplay this variant or just calling it a paint error? :p

I still have to see more I suppose...

JediTricks
01-31-2006, 02:31 PM
Um, yeah, basically. :D No, I'm just suggesting that it *could* be a paint error, I took my Ep 1 version and rotated it around it's long axis so the head was facing downwards for the visual cue, it was clear from this that the vehicle's identical shape in this upside-down configuration would still fit the mask and would create the 2 paint stripes you have shown. That, plus the fact that this so far is the only one reported, suggests it is possibly a paint error.

You can try this with your finger, take the regular Vulture Droid and place your finger against the right side's stripe (so it goes diagonally from back to front), then without moving your finger rotate the ship around the long axis so the head is facing downward and put it back, look where your finger is: it will be diagonally across the rear section but with the stripe going diagonally front to back, and it'll be the same direction as the other wing so it'd fit the mask.

Warstar
01-31-2006, 05:12 PM
Ooo- briliant. I had to use my old Galoob droid though- I don't have a Vulture opened yet but I see where it could work...

It'd still be one hec a of paint error though- esp. since the rest of the black overspray paint had to be applied to the front area, etc.

Problem is, how many people got their Vulture with Wave 2 for sure? I only know mine because of the case I got from EE.

Guess we'll have to see if more turn up :(

As a variation tracker, though, I'm still excited ;)