PDA

View Full Version : SURVIVOR: Panama

UKWildcat
01-22-2006, 10:16 PM
Believe it or not, it is almost that time again. Survivor: Panama kicks off next Thursday, Feburary 2nd @ 8pm.

Here are the contestants. (http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor12/)

Looks like an interesting bunch.

El Chuxter
01-22-2006, 11:52 PM
Van Halen had better be doing the theme song. :)

This seems like a really short hiatus this time around, seriously. Wasn't it just like two months ago that the last season ended?

UKWildcat
01-23-2006, 10:24 AM
This seems like a really short hiatus this time around, seriously. Wasn't it just like two months ago that the last season ended?

Yup, the finale for Guatemala was on December 11th.

Hellboy
01-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Hopefully this new "Exile Island" twist proves to be interesting.

UKWildcat
01-24-2006, 12:28 AM
Hopefully this new "Exile Island" twist proves to be interesting.

I think it will.

I just found out tonight that they are going to start with four teams (of 4 I'm assuming). This should be interesting as well. I haven't seen all the seasons so I'm wondering if this has been done before?

Hellboy
01-24-2006, 02:08 PM
I've seen all of the seasons and the only time I remember there being more than 2 teams was during the All-Star season where they started with three. I like this idea. :thumbsup:

OC47150
01-24-2006, 04:03 PM
My Thursday nights have been missing something. I know what it is!

SURVIVOR!!!!!

I can't wait either.

There was the season, Hellboy, where the rejects were given a tribe but that wasn't only an episode or two. That might have been the Pearl Islands edition.

UKWildcat
02-02-2006, 10:12 AM
Well, the time has come. The premiere is tonight! I'm actually pretty excited. I can't wait to see how the Exile Island plays into the game, hopefully we will find out tonight. :thumbsup:

OC47150
02-02-2006, 10:28 AM
Can you smell the sweat and the testosterone?

I can't wait!! It's gonna be good.

Hellboy
02-02-2006, 05:57 PM
Yep looking forward to it myself. Sucks that it's only an hour though, I think all season premieres should be two hour events but thats just me.

You just know somebody is going to get hurt the first episode too. :cry: :laugh: :twisted:

OC47150
02-03-2006, 07:09 AM
To paraphrase the Crusader Guard from Indy Jones and the Last Crusade, the producers chose wisely with this group of Survivors. The most interesting bunch since Pearl Island, IMO.

I don't know about you, but I want to see someone just snoring away, getting a good night's sleep, on Exile Island. That would be too funny.

DarthQuack
02-03-2006, 09:08 AM
I checked out Exile Island last night and it looks like a good season, I gotta pull for the older guys cause they are more fun to watch, especially the guy on detox from cigarettes....(no offense to anyone out there who smokes). I think the older women will die off fast, not enough eye of the tiger for them to win...

dr_evazan22
02-03-2006, 09:42 AM
Yeah, I agree about the older women. I can't believe Cerie (the black nurse) was able to get the other women to go along with voting off the lumber jack. Cerie was the weakest one there, and was afraid of the outdoors. And she couldn't keep her breasts inside her bathing suit. I think that's hilarious! I get the impression that there will be alot of venom and back biting there. The lumber jack didn't help her cause when she said that the others weren't working as hard, too.

The older guys seemed real cool. A former space shuttle astronaut, a former fight pilot, the cigarette detox guy, and was the other guy samurai? I missed the intro, only saw him using his chi to cut wood and stuff.

The girl that came back from Exile Isl must have wondered what they got done while she was gone, it didn't look like they were going to accomplish anything.

Survivor, 24, Family Guy - that's all I need.

UKWildcat
02-03-2006, 10:08 AM
Yea, I don't think the older women have a chance. I was surprised to see them doing better than the young guys in the immunity challenge though. I too thought Cerie was going to be voted off. She is definitely the weakest and she's afraid of leaves!?!? I thought Melinda had a good chance of going too. I wasn't impressed with any of the younger guys.

From last nights episode I would gather that the older guys and the younger women are the strongest and smartest. I know this is going to quickly change once the game progresses but I was really impressed with those two teams. Did anyone notice that the yonger women all have something in common? :D I really hope the old guys make it far. Terry, Bruce and Dan. I'm not too sure about that other fella.

and was the other guy samurai?

Bruce. I think he is going to be an awesome player. He is a 5th degree blackbelt and I think a Karate teacher too. You can read their bios here (http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor12/).

Well, I think this Exile Island is going to play a pretty cool part into the game. It is going to have its advantages (hidden Immunity Idol) and disadvantages (can't communicate w/ Tribe(s)).

Looks like it is going to be a really good season and I'm pleased with most of the contestants that they choose. :thumbsup:

dr_evazan22
02-03-2006, 10:23 AM
One thing i wasn't crazy about was how little time was spent with each tribe, since they had to cover 4 tribes, plus Ex Isl.

Any idea of where the hidden Immunity Idol is? Or what the clue was. I kinda wished I had taped it so I could replay that part.

Hellboy
02-03-2006, 04:41 PM
I think this season shows some serious potential. The four tribe idea is great but I think 2 more people per tribe would be more ideal so the tribes aren't decimated so quickly. One of the parts I find most enjoyable in Survivor is how and where they choose to set up their camp and with the addition of 2 extra tribes you definitely get more of this. I was surprised to see how poorly the young men faired in this department. I also think more than 2 tribes makes the immunity/reward challenges way more fun to watch.

As far as Exile Island itself goes I hope they do more with it than they did in this episode. The concept is cool but having to be there for one day/night doesn't seem to be much of a hardship and other than the fact you're away from your tribe and they could be conspiring against you it could almost be considered beneficial going there given the hidden immunity idol.

Probably the most interesting new development of this season is the ability to use the immunity idol after you've been voted off. That should make for some interesting tribal council moments. :classic:

mastermatt24
02-03-2006, 05:22 PM
I MISSED IT!!!!! My friend was talking about it.. I never even heard that it was going to be on (didnt even see this thread either..) :cry:

UKWildcat
02-06-2006, 02:47 PM
That sucks mastermatt24.

If you want a good simple recap of what you missed *click me (http://www.survivor.com/?m=200602)*. This pretty much sums up what happened on the first episode.

mastermatt24
02-08-2006, 01:05 AM
Your tellin me! :sad:
Thanks for the link, I feel caught up! :thumbsup:
It was kinda sad.. my friend had happened to record it, but he forgot to bring it the next day and his mom recorded over it that night... :cross-eye

Is that the same Tina from the outback season?

OC47150
02-08-2006, 08:08 AM
One thing i wasn't crazy about was how little time was spent with each tribe, since they had to cover 4 tribes, plus Ex Isl.

Any idea of where the hidden Immunity Idol is? Or what the clue was. I kinda wished I had taped it so I could replay that part.

I agree with the coverage on the four tribes. The Asian older guy didn't get an individual interview like the others, at least I don't remember seeing one.

I read a recent interview with Danni B., the winner of Guatamela. What was one of the first things she did with her earnings? Pay the taxes!!

mastermatt24
02-09-2006, 11:43 PM
Tonights was pretty good. Those two women that were going to get voted off were really startin to **** me off, im glad the redneck is gone. :whip:

OC47150
02-10-2006, 07:24 AM
I would've voted Shane off, even though he wanted to stay afterall. He's gonna teeter back and forth on the subject his entire time on the island.

If I were Melinda, on the way out, I would've told Shane to pull his head out of his butt, quit complaining and play the game.

Cirie is next to go. That's my prediction.

dr_evazan22
02-10-2006, 04:33 PM
That seemed really unfair that Melinda and Cirie were targeted, and I don't like Cirie. When the kid walked into camp and said who he was voting for, then they should have raised a ruckus, the other 4 tribe members should've banded together to boot Shane, forcing a 4-4 vote. Also, Melinda and Co could have approached the girls in the alliance, asking if the kid spoke for all of them. I think that first alliance will be reformed, or downsized, with the next vote.

They didn't spend too much time with Samurai Jack on exile isl... I wonder if that's the producer's way of saying he found the Idol, since he seems kinda smart.

UKWildcat
02-10-2006, 05:07 PM
I'm in another Survivor pool like I was last season. This time around I got Melinda, Terry, and Cirie. Can you believe that? Yeah so Melinda is gone and Cirie is going next (most likely). I don't like either Melinda or Cirie so I won't be sad to see them go. It just sucks 'cause my chances of winning the pool have lessened greatly. So that leaves me with Terry. I do like Terry and I think he has a great chance to make it far into the game.

"Help me Terry Deitz, you're my only hope."

Well I missed the first half hour of last nights show so I'm going to watch it now and see what I missed. The merge sure didn't take long eh?!?

UKWildcat
02-16-2006, 08:46 PM
I thought tonights immunity challenge was really good. The move that Bobby made on the last bag was ingenious. He just let Ruth Marie take the bag to the end, threw her in the sand, took the bag from her and scored for his team. Incredibly smart. Cirie actually proved to be somewhat of a player. I saw her throwing people down left and right, even sitting on that one poor soul. I love the physical challenges, they are so much better than the mental ones.

Btw - Shane is a nut case... and it sucked that Bruce had to hit up Exile Island... AGAIN.

mastermatt24
02-16-2006, 11:09 PM
Yea I thought they were good too. Im still confused on why they were filtering the water- I could see if they were really really thirsty that night- but why not wait until morning when Bruce could help with a fire and they could boil water instead, and not have to worry about bacteria?

OC47150
02-17-2006, 07:04 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, UK, but Bobby didn't take the bag from Ruth Marie, but had a grasp of her and the bag and stepped on the mat, thus winning. One of the other teams did this, too, in the second round.

Sending Bruce back to Exile Island was cruel.

And they got rid of the hot chick!!!!!

DarthQuack
02-17-2006, 08:50 AM
Another good episode. Bruce is a great character...hope he found the idol out there on exile island.

UKWildcat
02-17-2006, 10:40 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, UK, but Bobby didn't take the bag from Ruth Marie, but had a grasp of her and the bag and stepped on the mat, thus winning.

I could be wrong. If I have some spare time I'll go and rewatch the challange. Either way, it was a smart move. ;)

Another good episode. Bruce is a great character...hope he found the idol out there on exile island.

As of now Bruce definitely deserves to find the Idol. I seriously doubt he found it though, since it was raining heavily most of the time when he was in Exile. I think he even said something about not being able to look for it, because of the rain.

dr_evazan22
02-17-2006, 10:46 AM
Yeah, Bobby just grabbed the back straps of her swimsuit and pulled her over.

I thought this was one of the more physical challenges I've seen, maybe compared with last seasons ball game on the netting.

Too bad Mysti went, she was cute. I like pretty much everyone on that tribe. I'm ready to see shane go home.

UKWildcat
02-23-2006, 10:10 AM
I never even heard that it was going to be on (didnt even see this thread either..)

I went ahead and created an Amazing Race Season 9 thread since it comes on next week. So incase you don't see the thread... don't forget to watch it! ;)

Does anyone know if Survivor tonight is a repeat or is even on? I'm too lazy to look.

OC47150
02-23-2006, 10:30 AM
Kudos to you, UK, for starting the thread.

We are anxiously waiting for the new AR to start. Back to the old format. Yee ha!!!!

Survivor is new tonight. Can't wait for that, too. Do we finally see the Shane meltdown?

mastermatt24
02-24-2006, 12:39 AM
don't forget to watch it! ;)

I wont!! :cross-eye
Kinda a shane blowup with a bikini girl.. not that big though.
Did little asian (sry forgot his name) dude have the same clues as the fighter pilot dude? (on the island for the idol)

UKWildcat
02-24-2006, 01:15 AM
I didn't get to watch much of tonights episode, I had to work late and I left my DVR on an Ondemand channel last night so it didn't record Survivor for me. I think my DVR is messed up.

Anyways, I did hear that Terry found the Idol on the Island (WooHoo) and "Cirie's" team won Immunity... AGAIN!!! I don't know who got kicked off, I know it was a girl but I don't know which. You all can fill me in.

It is going to be very interesting now that the "lone" Immunity Idol has been found on the island. I don't think Terry will have to use it for a long while... he seems like a pretty safe player (unless I missed something tonight).

OC47150
02-24-2006, 07:16 AM
Each new person sent to Exile Island get a new clue. The map shows where the idol isn't.

I'm starting a pool at work as to when the big meltdown will happen for Shane.

dr_evazan22
02-24-2006, 10:29 PM
Its kind of a shame... The tribe that works well together, while not competing, is losing and getting sent home, while the tribe that can't stand each other gets to stay together.

looking forward to next week, seeing the new firepit flooded.

And what the heck was up with Bobby doing #2 in the outhouse after they said they wanted to use it for toher stuff? He coulda just taken some TP into the woods. JA

OC47150
02-27-2006, 07:16 AM
The idol was under the 'Y.' Just like the money was under the big 'W' in It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.

dr_evazan22
02-27-2006, 08:49 AM
That was fun watching him find that idol. I hope that they do a good job concealing the fact that its been found, making everyone else think its still there somewhere.

UKWildcat
03-02-2006, 11:22 PM
My DVR didn't record Survivor AGAIN tonight!!! Argh!!! I accidentally deleted the Series Recording for that show. Whoops. I got it straightened out now though.

Anyways, I was able to catch the end and see Bobby get kicked off. Did I miss any important stuff other than that? Thanks.

(btw - you all better start posting in that Amazing Race 9 thread... I'm starting to carry on a conversation with muhself. LOL)

OC47150
03-03-2006, 07:12 AM
I will, I will. This thing called work gets in the way of posting.

UK, you missed one of the best moments in Survivor history last night. It was funny and pathetic at the same time. Bobby and Bruce ended up sleeping in the outhouse after a rain storm swamped Casaya's camp. The tribe had won a bottle of wine, and Bobby and Bruce were sharing it.

You should try to get your hands on a copy of last night's show. You won't regret it.

UKWildcat
03-03-2006, 08:16 PM
UK, you missed one of the best moments in Survivor history last night. It was funny and pathetic at the same time. Bobby and Bruce ended up sleeping in the outhouse after a rain storm swamped Casaya's camp. The tribe had won a bottle of wine, and Bobby and Bruce were sharing it.

CRAP!!! Figures... So did they end up getting wasted, I'm assuming? Is that part of the reason Bobby got kicked off?

El Chuxter
03-04-2006, 12:03 AM
Sadly, yes. I wish the washed-up grungeboy douche who keeps swearing on his son's life would get voted off. Of earth, I mean, not just the show. I hate him with the hatred I once reserved for Reese Witherspoon (until Walk the Line showed me that she actually did have some acting talent and I forgave her the crap she'd done before).

OC47150
03-05-2006, 12:24 PM
Wasted, no. Slap-happy, yes.

No, the wine incident was in the first half-hour.

Partially. The tribe was a little ticked that the wine (several bottles; three, I think) was a tribal win and that two people drank one of them. And that he wasn't pulling his weight around camp. He was a strong player, but not a team player.

dr_evazan22
03-06-2006, 04:33 PM
And Bobby was also an A hole. He said he apologized. ... To everyone except the person that confronted him about it.

Yeah, douche-boy is quite the ... well, douche. He seems to have no respect for others and is quick to put his tribe mates down and call them stupid and such.

UKWildcat
03-06-2006, 10:33 PM
Who are you all refering to as "douche boy"? I haven't been able to watch the past couple weeks due to dvr problems so I'm a little out of the loop. I've got it fixed now so I'm definitely going to be able to watch this weeks ep. no matter what.

dr_evazan22
03-07-2006, 06:54 PM
Douche boy is the one that said to vote him off, then changed his mind.

OC47150
03-08-2006, 07:02 AM
Aras, the yoga instructor = douche boy?

UKWildcat
03-08-2006, 08:37 PM
Douche boy is the one that said to vote him off, then changed his mind.

That was Shane right? The dude that quit smoking and freaks out all the time right?

El Chuxter
03-08-2006, 10:50 PM
Yup, and who loves to swear on his son's life. I hope his son sees this and kicks him in the groin.

mastermatt24
03-10-2006, 12:09 AM
Im surprised he gave into smoking again (well what can i say- i dont really know b/c i dont smoke..), after going for two weeks without. Kinda sad on his part. Was it just me or did Danielle's boobs look fake? :lipsrseal

OC47150
03-10-2006, 07:12 AM
Do you think Danielle groaned when American saw her hairy pits?

Yep, they're fake. I'm surprised she's doing so well with the water challenges. Buoyancy apparently isn't a problem.:)

Not surprised Dan the Man was voted off. I liked him but he was getting weak.

No closer to the Shane meltdown. Damn! I hope the smoking bit comes back to bit him tenfold.

UKWildcat
03-10-2006, 09:16 PM
I watched this past episode in its entirety and yeah, them boobs definitely looked fake.

It was pitiful that Shane smoked that cig., it is only going to make it tougher for him now. Stupid move on his part. If Shane doesn't get voted out next time around, I have lost all respect for that team. He is just a horrible player and needs to leave.

I don't know what the heck was up with that challange. La Mina had their pieces well before the other team. I was like... "NICE!!! Casaya is going to have to send Shane home... Ut oh.... NOOOOOO!!!" Watching Dan and that chick Sally putting that puzzle together was really sad. After seeing that I knew one of them was going to go.

Looks like we saw another "advantage" of Exile Island. Really smart move on sending Sally there to be immune. They knew the guys at La Mina had to be close and made the right decision sending her there. Kinda sucked, but I definitely agree with them sending Dan home.

Wonder if there will be a merge soon or a change up of the teams somehow?

OC47150
03-12-2006, 12:30 PM
I watched this past episode in its entirety and yeah, them boobs definitely looked fake.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad no one heard me when I read your response, UK. Too funny!:thumbsup: