PDA

View Full Version : Art Asylum Enterprise-E out soon !!!

sicqnus
01-24-2006, 01:25 PM
The Art Asylum - Diamond Select electronic Enterprise-E will be out in one or two weeks. It looks very good and with a $20 - $22 pricepoint, I think it's a real bargain. Ship is 18 inches long with light and sounds features.

I've ordered mine.:love:
Can't pass on this one. :yes:

Sith Lord 0498
01-24-2006, 02:35 PM
While technically not belonging in this thread.....I can't wait for this thing to come out!!! I've been waiting since its original date of late December, and I hope it doesn't get pushed back again. You're right...for $22 this is a GREAT deal!!

Warstar
01-24-2006, 06:56 PM
PRETTY!

Having collected all of the Playmates ships (except the damned Excelsior) these AA ones have always tempted me.

Honestly though- why should I get it? I mean my Playmates Insurrection Ent-E looks good as it is?

Let me know...

Sith Lord 0498
01-24-2006, 08:50 PM
PRETTY!

Having collected all of the Playmates ships (except the damned Excelsior) these AA ones have always tempted me.

Honestly though- why should I get it? I mean my Playmates Insurrection Ent-E looks good as it is?

Let me know...

They already made an Enterprise-E??? When was that released? During the theatrical release of Insurrection or later on??

JediTricks
01-24-2006, 09:18 PM
Playmates released 2 Enterprise-E ships, the first version during First Contact and it wasn't entirely accurate to the movie version because there were changes made to the movie version after they produced the toy, the second was during Insurrection and retooled the previous to put the impulse thrusters in the right place and change the bussard collectors, as well as change the paint job and put a void where the captain's yacht goes (the set came with an MM-sized captains yacht which was way out of scale with the Ent-E), but neither of the Playmates ones are really excellent, they're ok toys but take a LOT of liberties with the lines and thicknesses.

BTW, I posted about the Ent-E photos in the Star Trek Figures thread in the "Other-Non-SW" forum but at that time AA/DST had missed their deadline yet again and weren't sure when these were actually shipping.

Darth Windu
01-24-2006, 11:06 PM
Yeah I was actually going to pick up the Insurrection model, which I saw at a sci-fi toy fair, but I didn't have enough money. The next time it was on I had the cash, went to the booth - and it was gone. They did have the First Contact version though, so I ended up buying that and although it is inaccurate, it goes well with my collection of First Contact figures.

Really looking forward to this one though, nicely detailed and not too pricey.

JediTricks
01-25-2006, 04:34 PM
I have both the Playmates ones, and although I don't like the missing yacht, I display the Insurrection one because I like its corrections and its colors much better. Of course, that will all change when AA's version finally comes out.

Warstar
01-25-2006, 09:01 PM
I, too, have both the Playmates ones, and I like the Yacht but that's just me I suppose.

So, AA's will look better? Etc.?

How many AA ships have been released? I know of 3 off the top of my head:

1. NX-01 Regular
2. NX-01 Battle-Damaged
3. NCC-1701-A

Will this be the fourth or are there more ships to find? :) I might retro collect these, as I don't have the heart/willingness to sell all of my old Playmates ones (and I have them all save for the transitional Excelsior after Generations and the Klingon Bird of Prey from that same wave- which I hear is just the same ship as the Generations BOP- anyone know this for sure?).

sicqnus
01-25-2006, 10:56 PM
Art Asylum :
4 - NCC-1701-A Battle-Damaged...
5 - NX-01 "ISS" (as seen in "In a mirror darkly").
6 - Enterprise-E.

I too have the Insurrection Playmate E-E and it's a very nice toy (ten years old already).

JediTricks
02-16-2006, 04:23 PM
It's out now, I saw it at my local comic shop yesterday, they wanted $45 for it, I scoffed because New Force has it for $22.

BountyHunterScum
02-20-2006, 06:29 AM
I'm gonna get 2 for my birthday.

sicqnus
02-21-2006, 03:31 AM
Here are a few pictures of the AA Enterprise-E with the AA NX-01 and the Playmates Enterprise-E "First Contact". The AA looks good, especially when you make a comparison pic with the old one.

Warstar
02-21-2006, 05:16 AM
Here are a few pictures of the AA Enterprise-E with the AA NX-01 and the Playmates Enterprise-E "First Contact". The AA looks good, especially when you make a comparison pic with the old one.

WOW!

That last pic with the Deflector arrays shown on both models of the ship sold me :D

I may have to pic that up now...:D

JediTricks
02-22-2006, 12:24 AM
I ordered one from NewForce last week and they're shipping it tomorrow. They totally rock!

sergiurusu
02-22-2006, 04:02 AM
I'm gonna get 2 for my birthday.

My birthday is today (I'm 30 now), can you get me one too?:D

BountyHunterScum
02-22-2006, 12:41 PM
My birthday is today (I'm 30 now), can you get me one too?:D
lol ask your girlfriend or wife.

Jayspawn
02-22-2006, 01:13 PM
My Enterprise E is on the way now and I'm counting the days. Hopefully w/ Diamond Select heading the Trek license now, we'll get a few more ships a year.

sicqnus
02-22-2006, 05:31 PM
I know one more ship is on the way (for '06?). It could be the long rumored AA Reliant but nothing has been confirmed as of yet. I would love to see a bad guys ship but until today, only good guys ships have been produced by AA. I agree with Jayspawn, DS heading the license is a good thing. AA are great toy makers but poor sellers.

JediTricks
02-22-2006, 05:54 PM
They've got the TOS Enterprise coming up next, there was a photo somewhere in Figures.com's coverage. I'd really like to see a Reliant and a moving-wings Klingon Bird of Prey.

As for DST taking the license over, Diamond Select Toys is AWFUL, they're THE WORST, once DST has a license its prices keep going up and up as the quality of the sculpting and the release numbers go down and down. AA was a disaster but at least they got product into major retailers, there is virtually no chance of that happening with DST because they have almost a monopoly on the comic/specialty shop distribution market.

AndyW
02-22-2006, 06:12 PM
Now its finally out it does indeed look great. I'd order one but I'm putting my money into keeping up with this Titanium collecting at the moment.

Sicqnus, any sign of any brick and mortar stores in France carrying these? I know Forbidden Planet in the UK is, so I might pick one up when I next go back home, but so far haven't seen any sign of any in my local collectors shops. Trek stuff doesn't seem that popular here in France generally.

On the AA/DST subject, I'd quite like a TOS Enterprise, never used to be a fan, but ever since Johny Lightning did the little TOS Ent last year I've had a new found love of this little ship.

People on the AA forum seem to want the Enterprise D next. I don't really mind, I just hope this run of the Ent-E isn't as low as the movie Enterprise they did back in '03. I had one of those, but the stand broke, so I donated it to a friend and then was never able to find another at retail, and no way I'm paying ebay prices for the ship, as lovely as it was!

Warstar
02-22-2006, 07:32 PM
Some guy on Ebay had them up for $29.99 + $8 shipping- 12 of them on Buy-It-Now- all gone.

Darn...

I'm afraid to go down this road, though 6 ships is not a lot of catching up...

AndyW
02-22-2006, 09:00 PM
Yeah Warstar, these ships going to be pretty popular, if I see one here in France at retail I'll snap it up as I don't except to find any left in UK stores when I take my next trip home in April.

As for you catching up, well, the first ship, the plain NX-01 was lovely, and is one of the favourite items in my collection. The detail for a 20 is so impressive, I saw them on offer at Christmas in a toy store in the UK for 12 a piece, I was going to pick one up as my original I got back in 2002 is looking a bit tatty. I passed on picking one up and now I don't know why!

The Battle damaged one was ok, but nothing special, I can handle a small Titanium sized battle damaged rehash, but when its a 12inch starship that stands quite tall on its base I get a bit more strict with my itchy buyer finger. (I actually bought one in a sale a couple of years back, but it never excited me, it sat taking up space in a cupboard so I stuck it on ebay and it went)

The next new ship was the movie era Enterprise-A, and she was a beauty. Great detail, nice packaging (not that the NX-01 wasn't) and I loved it. Sadly, the stands are notoriously rubbish (check out the AA forum and you'll see) and mine snapped (it just gave out one day, no one knocked it, it was well out the way). At the time, AA weren't sending out replacement stands for those that had broken, and despite the forum campaign to get them to give in I wanted rid there and then so gave mine to a friend who didn't care for the stand.

Prices for those on ebay are now criminal, I could never find another at retail, and the production run was limited. It was one of my favourite things I've ever collected, and I don't think I'll be happy until I replace it.:sad:

Then they did a Battle Damaged 1701, and well, don't bother, it was rubbish. Even though I really wanted to replace my movie era Ent, I wouldn't display or even part with a small amount of money for one, the BD was terrible.

Next was the ISS Enterprise NX-01, which when I saw in the shop I was impressed with, it was a neat paint job, and looked the part. That said, as I mentioned earlier, these things are kind of space intensive, and I don't think its special enough to give display space, and besides, I was waiting for the Ent-E.

Hope that helps!

sicqnus
02-23-2006, 06:44 AM
Hi Andy, I ordered mine from NewForce. I'm not sure it will be available in any store here except maybe one or two sci-fi retailers but surely at inflated prices.

JediTricks
02-23-2006, 10:43 PM
On the AA/DST subject, I'd quite like a TOS Enterprise, never used to be a fan, but ever since Johny Lightning did the little TOS Ent last year I've had a new found love of this little ship.TOS Enterprise is confirmed as next. There's a photo of out there, I remember seeing it on one of the site's Toy Fair coverage, but it appears to have been taken down. Figures.com is still reporting its existance though.

I love the Ent-D, but it's not that popular with non-Trek fans unlike Ent-A.

I really want another Ent-A, it's my favorite ship of all time. I love the one I have but it does have a flaw on the impulse engine and living in earthquake country it may someday break (but I *really* hope not).

Some guy on Ebay had them up for $29.99 + $8 shipping- 12 of them on Buy-It-Now- all gone.Can you say "rip off" boys and girls? I knew you could. Just get it from www.newforcecomics.com search for "next generation enterprise", they're still taking orders and shipping 'em, $22 plus $8 shipping.

AndyW
02-24-2006, 05:45 AM
Stop moaning about payng $30. :razz: We pay about $50 by the time it gets to retail in the UK. :sad:

JediTricks
02-24-2006, 05:15 PM
I coulda paid that at the comic shop next to my mailbox place, no shipping at all! :p $45 plus sales tax would have been just over $49, nice huh? Jerks.

You Europeans are always saying that too, maybe it's time to move to the US, or at least Canada where you can still complain about us complaining about the prices, but at least you'll have access to more of the toys and the price won't be as high. :D I dunno why Hasbro Europe hates you guys so much, I suppose they think there aren't enough customers to bother with. As for the Art Asylum Enterprise... um... I have no idea, move to North America and then you'll have it easy. :p

sicqnus
03-11-2006, 11:32 AM
I've just opened my AA Enterprise-E and it looks great. The nacelles are glued then no more problems as I had with the NX-01. I've added a frew Hi-Res pics on ImageShack.
I must say it obliterates all Playmates ships so far...

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/4120/aaentedscn69603pq.jpg
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/5629/aaentedscn69735wr.jpg
http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/6041/aaentedscn69562lk.jpg
http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/5964/aaentedscn69584fx.jpg

Warstar
03-11-2006, 09:19 PM
Wow- for all the detail that the E has on the top, the bottom looks...lacking.

The stand base looks an awful lot like the old Playmates bases though- I dig :p

JediTricks
03-12-2006, 09:02 PM
Wow- for all the detail that the E has on the top, the bottom looks...lacking.

The stand base looks an awful lot like the old Playmates bases though- I dig :p
That's what I was saying when I got mine, but it's not quite as blank in person as it is in photos.

BTW, did you know that on all 3 AA ships, if you hold down the bridge button for 2 seconds, it plays out the entire light and sound schemes back to back?