PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Chris Penn

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-25-2006, 12:06 AM
"Actor Chris Penn Found Dead

January 24, 2006

ET has confirmed that actor CHRIS PENN, who is the younger brother of SEAN PENN and star of movies like 'Reservoir Dogs' and 'Starsky & Hutch' has died. Investigators were on the scene Tuesday, where Penn was found dead in Santa Monica, CA. He was 43.

"The Penn family would appreciate the media's respect of their privacy during this difficult time," Sean's publicist said in a statement.

Penn played the role of Nice Guy Eddie in QUENTIN TARANTINO's 1992 cult hit 'Reservoir Dogs'; he also appeared in the movie 'Rush Hour' and on episodes of the television shows "Entourage" and "Everwood." Penn is survived by his mother, EILEEN RYAN, and brothers Sean and MICHAEL."

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/newslink/13718/index.html :sad:

Kidhuman
01-25-2006, 12:55 AM
Damn, sorry Sean. RIP Chris Penn.

scruffziller
01-25-2006, 09:09 AM
DANG!!!!!!!!! This is a shock!!!!!!!!:cry: I didn't see him in a whole lot but what I saw was great. Best role was in Reservoir Dogs.

JEDIpartner
01-25-2006, 09:33 AM
Wow!!! That's a shocker...!! :( He'd put on a considerable amount of weight over the last few years. I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

bobafrett
01-25-2006, 09:53 AM
Very sorry to hear this news. I thought there was a musical "Penn" in the family, am I right? Found it, Micheal Penn was the young person I was thinking about, also related to Sean and Chris.

JEDIpartner
01-25-2006, 11:39 AM
"What if I was Ro-o-o-omeo in black jeans? What if I was He-e-e-eathcliff, it's no myth. What if she was looking for... someone to dance with..."

Jayspawn
02-02-2006, 09:38 AM
Word is that Chris Penn died of natural causes. Its been noted that he gained a considerable amount of weight which had something to do with it.

Its a tragic loss of a great character actor. His best role was in Reservoir Dogs

"Larry stop pointing that gun at my Dad!!!!!!

jjreason
02-04-2006, 10:26 AM
"What if I was Ro-o-o-omeo in black jeans? What if I was He-e-e-eathcliff, it's no myth. What if she was looking for... someone to dance with..."

Killer track, JP. :thumbsup:

Oh, and Jayspawn - I think you missed at least 3 "f words" in that quote. ;)

That was an excellent performance. For all those guys - but specifically for Penn and the other lesser-knowns - none of them disappeared on screen, and that's something to say when shooting with the likes of Harvey Keitel and Steve Buscemi. I'll be reviewing that movie on my days off.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-05-2006, 12:46 AM
apparently, there was an altercation at Chris Penn's funeral and actor Mark Ruffalo, might have chargest against him.

Scuffle at Chris Penn’s Funeral
Sean Penn, Mark Ruffalo vs. photog
By TMZ.COM STAFF

(Feb. 4) -- TMZ has learned a scuffle broke out today at Chris Penn’s funeral and police confirm a photographer is at the Culver City Police Department right now (4:45 p.m. Pacific time) lodging a criminal complaint against actor Mark Ruffalo.

Chris Penn, brother of actor Sean Penn, died earlier this week at age 40. Today’s incident occurred at Holy Cross Cemetery in Culver City, CA. TMZ is told Sean became irate with a photographer, there was an altercation and Mark Ruffalo allegedly seized the photographer’s video card out of his camera.

Ruffalo, who has appeared in a number of films including ‘Collateral,’ and most recently co-starred with Jennifer Aniston in ‘Rumor Has It.’

We were unable to reach the parties for comment
source: http://tmz.aol.com/article1?id=20060204184109990001

frankly, while i enjoyed Mark's performance in "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind," I must say that my respect for him has gone up by about 100 points. I mean, paparazzi at a funeral?!!? This world is going to hizzy in a handbasket. But still, Mark, i salute you for being a damned good friend and human. :sleeping: