PDA

View Full Version : Indy 4 announcement!

SithDroid
01-22-2002, 01:53 AM
Did anyone see the articles related to the Golden Globes last night? Steven said that they already have a script for Indiana Jones 4 and Kate Capshaw, his wife will be appearing in the picture with Harrison Ford. Spielberg said he has one more project to finish first and then Indy has his complete attention. It's about time we get a new Indy film. What are your thoughts?

bigbarada
01-22-2002, 02:06 AM
I've heard Lucas say that he won't start on Indy 4 until after he finishes Ep3. Although I don't see why he can't work on both. I know he made Raiders in between ESB and ROTJ, so why not?

How old will Harrison be in 2005?

Brave Sir Robin
01-22-2002, 11:08 AM
Old enough to be needing a sip from that fountain of youth himself.

stillakid
01-22-2002, 11:54 AM
Well, we know for sure that Spielberg won't let the bad guys carry any guns and if Lucas is involved, Indy won't be allowed to shoot first anymore. Indy won't just be cool and good with a whip on his own, but he'll be helped out by symbiotic organisms who also wear fedoras. Spielberg will include lots o' kids and to placate them, Lucas will insist on a goofy Rastafarian sidekick for laughs. :crazed:

derek
01-22-2002, 03:53 PM
i don't see why lucas has to be involved in this film at all. they said they already have a script, which george didn't write. he dosen't need to serve as executive producer. what i find funny is that speilburg is putting his wife in the film.(she wasn't his wife in the T.O.D.) this lady hasn't worked in 20 years except for a few crap roles. she's probably sitting around the house begging speilburg for work, and harrison could use a hit too. maybe the toys mccoy indiana jones will see a re-release to a wider market.:D no, we'll probably get a crappy 12 inch indiana jones with a 40 year old hasbro body and the head the size of a grapefruit.:crazed:

SWAFMAN
01-22-2002, 09:28 PM
...did anyone besides me who saw H. Ford's Golden Globes acceptance speech think he looked & sounded not too well? My girlfriend said he was probably just nervous, but I was concerned he'd maybe had a stroke or was getting alzheimer's or sumthin'. And his right arm was shaking - again, maybe just a nervous habit, but...?

GNT
01-22-2002, 10:03 PM
Its good news from a certain point of few and I guess will see more action figures from the movie :)YAY!

stillakid
01-22-2002, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by SWAFMAN
...did anyone besides me who saw H. Ford's Golden Globes acceptance speech think he looked & sounded not too well? My girlfriend said he was probably just nervous, but I was concerned he'd maybe had a stroke or was getting alzheimer's or sumthin'. And his right arm was shaking - again, maybe just a nervous habit, but...?

Yeah, his recent interviews haven't looked so good. He's appearing to act much older and frailer than he should. I wonder what's going on with him.

JediTricks
01-23-2002, 01:06 AM
I saw that and I thought he just was a nervous public speaker who's not used to having awards tossed at him. He's always been quieter in big public stuff than in one-on-one interviews. As for how he LOOKED, he looked his age of 59, something it's hard to get used to in Hollywood. ;)

I'm glad there will be an Indy 4, I hope it's GOOD though. The reason Lucas has to be involved is because Lucas invented Indiana Jones, it's totally his baby even though he didn't do the directing. As for Willy Scott being in the film, that is... um... slightly better than an all-grown-up Short Round. ;)

2-1B
01-23-2002, 01:10 AM
Has there been any recent speculation as to the film's plot? The last rumors I heard included an Area 51 type plotline.

:cry: :cry:

derek
01-23-2002, 08:15 AM
i didn't see the show, but i second what jeditricks said. ford always seems nervous and uneasy in front of crowds, and anyone who has followed his career, knows he hates doing interviews.

this could be a really great film, or it could be sucky like the recent mummy films. i hope they don't try to rely too heavily on the CGI effects.

Rollo Tomassi
01-23-2002, 04:23 PM
I have heard searches for Excalibur and Atlantis were possibilities and also a lame treatment involving Area 51. I guess Spielberg could make an Indy Jones movie about Area 51 in the 50's work, but it sounds silly. It would probably be more original than having Indy traverse the world lookng for yet ANOTHER relic like Authur's sword. I liked the idea for the PC game Infernal Machine. Indy vs the commies! Yeehaw!

stillakid
01-23-2002, 06:02 PM
Indy is really a clone, so IV will be a prequel when we see armies of adventurers spreading out ....

forget it.:rolleyes:

AreTwo-DeeTwo
01-23-2002, 06:30 PM
I bet Connery will be in it.

Jedi Clint
01-23-2002, 06:34 PM
I saw "Short-round" on the Goonies DVD. He looked like "Short-round", but stretched out and with long hair. I suppose that would make him "Long-round".........sorry ;). I kinda hope they choose the Atlantis plot, but I have very defined ideals regarding the lost continent, so I hope they get it right!

stillakid
01-23-2002, 07:58 PM
Atlantis would be a cool topic! But it gets away from the religious artifacts angle. Is that a negative, or does it matter?

mabudonicus
01-23-2002, 08:59 PM
I believe disney owns the "atlantis" myth now. Really though, another Indy film would rule- it would be cool if it was a tie in to the H.P. lovecraft mythos- Indy searching for Cthulu, or going to antarctica to search for the lost city of the old ones. That's similar to religious artifacts, isn't it?

Lord Malakite
01-23-2002, 09:12 PM
Indy will be in search of Noah's Ark. :D

stillakid
01-23-2002, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Lord_Malakite
Indy will be in search of Noah's Ark. :D

So the cloning thing will work in the next episode!

SithDroid
01-24-2002, 01:10 AM
Noah's Ark would be cool. What about Stonehenge? Or Easter island?

As for Atlantis "mythos" being owned by Disney, that can't be true. That means that they would own Snow White, Cinderella, Pinocchio, Tarzan, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, and so on and so on. Most of them are Grimm's fairy tales. Disney, CAN'T, own everything. Besides isn't Atlantis supposed to be a part of history? Disney can't own history.

Perhaps Indy should go after something other than religious artifacts. But what though? Any ideas?

JediTricks
01-24-2002, 06:32 AM
Disney doesn't own the Atlantis mythos, they used it specifically because it's public domain, like Snow White, Aladin, etc. Only Tarzan has been a project they had to get the rights to do from the author's family.

It seems to me like Indy would have to be underwater a lot for Atlantis to work though. As for Stonehenge or Easter Island, wouldn't that be a REALLY short movie? ;) I mean, it'd just be Indy shown getting on a plane, then a map with a red trail leading to England and then the South Pacific, and finally a shot of Indy getting off the plane. :D Perhaps the Stonehenge one might take Indy all the way to the car rental place as well. :evil:

stillakid
01-24-2002, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by SithDroid

Perhaps Indy should go after something other than religious artifacts. But what though? Any ideas?

The island of hot blonde models! :D

Rollo Tomassi
01-24-2002, 11:04 AM
JT, you forgot Peter Pan, Disney had to get the rights to that from the children's hospital that J.M Barrie left Peter Pan to. Also, the Black Cauldron was a book and so was the Aristocrats. Oh also 101 Dalmatians and the Jungle Book. And the Hunchback o' Notre Dame.

P.S. Malakite Some scientists discovered Noah's Ark about 10 years ago. they figured out which mountain it landed on based on geography surveys (there wasn't much mountian left) and found remains of the giant craft.

Lord Malakite
01-24-2002, 11:43 AM
Rollo Tomassi, Noah's Ark could work. Remember that Indy takes place in the 1940s along with the Nazis. Also, some scientists finally believe that they have discovered Jesus's cup from the last supper and the Ten Commandments according to some Discovery Channel documenteries.

mabudonicus
01-24-2002, 12:04 PM
That atlantis crack was a JOKE!! It was based on the fact that disney did in fact own the image of our very own RCMP officers for a while, and that forced mcfarlane to leave out the mountie bank from the bob and doug figures(or at least that's what I read) I'm surprised they can't copyright numbers yet.

Wolfwood319
01-24-2002, 12:05 PM
I thought he was supposed to go after the Fertility Idol that got away. That would be a nice homage to Raiders, IMO.

SithDroid
01-24-2002, 01:26 PM
JediTricks what Imeant by Stonehenge or Easter Island is not thathe goes in search of them, but he searches for the REASON why they are there. Perhaps he finds some ancient books to help him figure it all out and there is a secret society to help keep it protected, but then again that might be too much like Indy 3. Anyway, just a thought. Perhaps the Spear of Destiny would be cool. After all Hitler supposedly had the Spear during WWII. It could deal with Indiana trying to get it back from the Nazi's. But then again that would only take place 6 years after Last Crusade. It has been 13 years since the last movie. I guess it could work, but they better get going on it before Harrison looks too old for the series.

JediTricks
01-24-2002, 09:59 PM
Aw, I kinda like the idea of a 5 minute Indy movie. ;)

Anyway, whatever they do, it shouldn't be vague, part of what makes Raiders and Last Crusade work IMO is that they have specific goals, in TOD, Indy seems to be just surviving the run and trying to make a buck, it's not enough.

derek
01-24-2002, 11:31 PM
does everyone think indy 4 is going to be set around the WW2 era? i was hoping it would be in the 1960's so it would be consistent with ford's current age. he'll probably be in his early 60's when this movie is filmed. hopefully they won't have a guy elgible for social security trying to act 40.

SWAFMAN
01-25-2002, 01:06 AM
How 'bout if Indy searches for George Lucas's lost spark of idealistic creativity, so it can be restored in the remaining Star Wars flims?

Possible titles?
Raiders of the Lost Spark...
Indiana Clones And the SW Title of Doom...
Indiana Jones and the Lost Cause....

Emperor Howdy
01-25-2002, 01:25 AM
I've also heard that in order not to be outdown by N'SYNC as Jedi's, the Backstreet Boys will be appearing as Nazi extras...:crazed: ......................:Pirate: ....arrrrrrgh

Rollo Tomassi
01-25-2002, 08:07 AM
After harrison Ford hangs up the whip and hat, I think they should go back and do more movies between the Young Indy show and the first film (or the second since it's a year earlier. Hmmm...What is it with Lucas not being able to do any of his film series in chronological order?) Starring a twenty something Indy, a young Marion Ravenwood, and her father and Indy's mentor, Abner Ravenwood. As long as Speilberg and Lucas were still attached, I think it would work. You could even bookend it with Harrison FOrd sequences when he's old and grey.

stillakid
01-25-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi

P.S. Malakite Some scientists discovered Noah's Ark about 10 years ago. they figured out which mountain it landed on based on geography surveys (there wasn't much mountian left) and found remains of the giant craft.

That story was pure conjecture on the part of those scientists. They did find something that they interpreted as potentially the shape of some large manmade "something," but considering that they went looking for "the ark," that's what they decided it was going to be. Every major religion has a flood myth, usually signifying a washing away of sins and a rebirth.

But it would still make a good story (I say casually, because I've already written one!)

stillakid
01-25-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by derek
does everyone think indy 4 is going to be set around the WW2 era? i was hoping it would be in the 1960's so it would be consistent with ford's current age.

Indiana Jones and the Search for his Mojo

2-1B
07-03-2002, 11:41 PM
i don't see why lucas has to be involved in this film at all. they said they already have a script, which george didn't write. he dosen't need to serve as executive producer. what i find funny is that speilburg is putting his wife in the film.(she wasn't his wife in the T.O.D.) this lady hasn't worked in 20 years except for a few crap roles. she's probably sitting around the house begging speilburg for work, and harrison could use a hit too.

derek, do you think Capshaw will conflict with Flockhart? :confused:

I'm not sure if Spielberg plans on using Kate as the lead, but with Harrison's demands that Calista be involved (thank goodness he's no longer dating Minnie Driver :rolleyes: ) I hope it doesn't bog down the movie.

Kate could play Indy's love interest, but why not allow him the younger gal? They could always recast her as a different character . . . like Connery's wife! :D

Eternal Padawan
07-04-2002, 01:45 AM
Did anyone read the latest Playboy interview with Harrison Ford? The interviewer broached him with a hypothetical, after they discussed Harrison passing the Jack Ryan role onto Ben Affleck after disliking the script for Sum of All Fears, about Harrison and Steve/George diverging about where to take the character and Steve/George dropping Harrison in favor of a different actor to play the role. It went a little something like this:

PLAYBOY: Would you feel the same way if you didn't like where Steven Spielberg and George Lucas were taking the Indiana Jones sequel and they said they would recast the role?
FORD: First, I'd tell them to go GONK! themselves, then I'd kill them. I'd kill them. But that's a different story...

Whoa there, Harry... :eek:

Beast
07-04-2002, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
PLAYBOY: Would you feel the same way if you didn't like where Steven Spielberg and George Lucas were taking the Indiana Jones sequel and they said they would recast the role?
FORD: First, I'd tell them to go GONK! themselves, then I'd kill them. I'd kill them. But that's a different story...
Whoa there, Harry... :eek:
Geez, I think that Harrison Ford needs a little rest and relaxation and maybe some therapy and relaxing meds away from the general public. Good Lord man, seriously. Killing Spielberg and Lucas cause they wanna recast the role. Isn't that a tad bit, oh I don't know....extereme!! :eek: :crazed:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

derek
07-04-2002, 08:16 AM
E.P. and jar jar,

i bet if you saw a video of that interview, it would be obvious he was joking. but i also bet he feels the role of indy is his, where as with the jack ryan role, he took it over from someone who had already played it.

and ford was right about "the sum of all fears". it wasn't too good.

caeser,

i've heard talk of flockhart in indy 4, but is that confirmed?

stillakid
07-04-2002, 10:36 AM

i've heard talk of flockhart in indy 4, but is that confirmed?

Probably, until they break up. ;)

2-1B
07-04-2002, 09:38 PM
derek - nah, nothing confirmed as far as I know . . . I found this deeply buried thread whilst searching for something else, and saw your Capshaw post - I couldn't resist the cheap joke. :)

stillakid - that's the biggest reason why I thought it was goofy, if he actually demanded her inclusion. :rolleyes: It's so silly that I want to disbelieve the rumor . . . but it IS Hollywood. :D

E.P. & JJB - have Shawn Patrick Flanery and that other guy whose name I can't recall been notified of Harrison's madness? Does he know they played Indy? I'm concerned for their safety. :cry:

Hmmmm . . . perhaps Rick McCallum, given his Indy producing expertise, could "break" that news to Harrison. :D :D :D