PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars Gunship

Battle Droid
01-25-2006, 02:49 PM
From, www.yodasnews.com

http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/clonegunship.jpg

pegger
01-25-2006, 02:56 PM
I'm not a big fan of repainted vehicles...

but this is friggin' SWEET!

Also the Arc's on the box have me excited too!!!

Battle Droid
01-25-2006, 02:58 PM
Bigger pics at www.rebelscum.com

Lazer Brain
01-25-2006, 03:05 PM
wow, are those arc troopers going to be reissued??? the red arc trooper was way hard to find and gets big bucks on ebay if you see one. can anyone confirm these figures,or is hasblah hoping that everyone got enough when they first came out .... a long time ago in a target far far away.....
later

Captain Spoon
01-25-2006, 03:12 PM
This is mint. I was able to pick up a ROTS gunship but missed the clone wars one. By the way what is that trooper in the middle? Is that one of the underwater ones that fought with Kit Fisto?

DarthQuack
01-25-2006, 03:20 PM
This looks NASTY, SICK, whichever way you want it.....I WILL be getting one of these babies....mark my word :)

JediTricks
01-25-2006, 03:44 PM
Lazer, I was wondering the same thing, plus what about the pilots?

Spoon, I don't think that's who the middle guy is, he has the ROTS AT-RT style helmet with a different paintjob and a gatling gun, maybe an ARC-trooper skirt as well.

figrin bran
01-25-2006, 04:03 PM
Spoon, the middle guy is the heavy artillery gunner from Chapter 21 of the CW animated series though in the cartoon the helmet stripes were blue.

how sweet it is!!! i already said i would definitely buy this one and hopefully i'll find the titanium version soon just to hold me over thill may when this one is due.

Hellboy
01-25-2006, 04:05 PM
Looks like the two Clones in the back have gray markings instead of blue on their helmet plus it looks as if they also have ankle articulation which hopefully means they're new molds.

Captain Spoon
01-25-2006, 04:11 PM
Cool, I see it now thanx! 10 to 1 says he is a frigg'n prototype and we never get a figure of him after all, that is the Hasbro way :D

jad
01-25-2006, 04:14 PM
I can tell from the clone helmets that they're atleast using the newer SA clone for the head. The original ARC clone used the earlier "skinny" clone helmet that wasn't in correct perportions. Hopefully, and from what you can see in the image, they'll be using the superior SA clone body for these. Maybe even a new mold for the skirts?

The other clone, from the clone wars cartoon, looks like he has a GI Joe accessory. This would make sense considering how much Hasbro likes to reuse stuff. I love clones though, so honestly I'm happy with these, even if they turn out to mostly be official kit bashes.

BlueSnags
01-25-2006, 04:18 PM
Looks great. Pre-ordered it last week from amazon...now that I've seen it, I am glad. Scalpers in our area will be all over this like stink on ****.

Lazer Brain
01-25-2006, 04:21 PM
well the ship looks kick a**, a definate get! but i think spoon is right and we'll be gettin the big chorizo as far as the other figures go.i have a red arc trooper that i might just have to open so he can go cruzing in his ship.
later

starwarsfan1
01-25-2006, 04:38 PM
All I can say is its about damn time they made this.:yes: Cant wait. A+.:thumbsup:

dr_evazan22
01-25-2006, 04:42 PM
I'll have to decide whether to add this to my ceiling with my other 2, or to get rid of one.

Freakin' sweet!

mtriv73
01-25-2006, 04:58 PM
They're pre-selling it for $45 at amazon. I know there is a price increase this year, but unless this thing comes with 3 or more figures then that price is ridiculous.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000CEXNOE/qid=1138230327/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-7283945-2237601?v=glance&s=toys

Slicker
01-25-2006, 05:07 PM
If definitely looks good and I like the paint deco alot but as stated earlier if it doesn't come with 3 figures or a $20 bill inside of it then it's way overpriced.

BlueSnags
01-25-2006, 05:26 PM
If you look at the close-up of the box, you can see the line "Figures not included" there. We're looking at $39.99 in-store, $44.99 online, which is pricey, but the same as the original AOTC Gunship.

Plus, exclusives are always more - look at the Target Big Wing TIE for $39.99 - now THAT was a rip-off (of course I bought one anyway... I know, I'm hopeless)...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-25-2006, 05:27 PM
HOT DAMN!!!!!! Oh God I must have that!!! And the redone ARC Troopers look sweet too!

Holy nuts almighty!!!!

figrin bran
01-25-2006, 05:48 PM
speculation that i read on RS says that those ARC troopers are in the Defense of the Senate battlepack. it's highly plausible since that is a TRU exclusive as well and due at the same time as the gunship. hmmm...

decadentdave
01-25-2006, 06:14 PM
Alright, I totally don't get this. I know it was in the Clone Wars cartoons but there is something about putting a shark's mouth (or whatever it is suppossed to be) on the front of the gunship that is too... "American." It's just not "Star Wars" enough. Maybe it works for something like the Space Marines in James Cameron's Aliens but not Star Wars. :confused:

El Chuxter
01-25-2006, 06:17 PM
I was wondering why a thread about a CW Gunship was in the Saga forum.

I was wondering why it was getting so many responses.

HOLY CRAP!!!!

I wonder no more. This is freakin' sweet!

Slicker
01-25-2006, 06:27 PM
Alright, I totally don't get this. I know it was in the Clone Wars cartoons but there is something about putting a shark's mouth (or whatever it is suppossed to be) on the front of the gunship that is too... "American." It's just not "Star Wars" enough. Maybe it works for something like the Space Marines in James Cameron's Aliens but not Star Wars. :confused:In case you didn't know ALOT of the SW comes from WWII sources but most of them are subtle that most people that don't read about WWII wouldn't know about. I'll give a few examples off the top of my head.

Hoth - German General that was a commander on the Eastern Front his name was Hermann Hoth.

Toola (Whiphid planet) - There is a Russian city named Tula (pronounced the same) that was the center of several major battles.

Corellia - The isthmus of Korelia is up near Norway and was taken over by the Russians during and after the war.

The look of the fighter Obi-Wan flies from Utupau has many parts that look almost identical to the P-51 Mustang most noticably the engines.

I'm sure there are more that I could think of but this gives you an idea of where Lucas and the creators got alot of there ideas from.

decadentdave
01-25-2006, 06:32 PM
I wasn't questioning that. A LOT of the Empire's military is very industrial and German influenced. I'm just saying that the CW gunship looks to... "American" in Viet Nam era. It looks way too cheezy for Star Wars. I'll stick with my AOTC and ROTS gunships. The new Clones do look sweet though.

Blue2th
01-25-2006, 07:12 PM
speculation that i read on RS says that those ARC troopers are in the Defense of the Senate battlepack. it's highly plausible since that is a TRU exclusive as well and due at the same time as the gunship. hmmm...
I don't see how they could be in a Defense of the Senate when they have the old style Rocketeer Ep II Clone Wars helmets. Perhaps a special Cartoon Network Clone Wars Commando pack? I hope that gunner comes with his 4 barreled cannon as seen in that episode. Question: is this Gunship an exclusive?

Darth Cruel
01-26-2006, 12:18 AM
I don't see how they could be in a Defense of the Senate when they have the old style Rocketeer Ep II Clone Wars helmets. Perhaps a special Cartoon Network Clone Wars Commando pack? I hope that gunner comes with his 4 barreled cannon as seen in that episode. Question: is this Gunship an exclusive?

It appears to be a TRU exclusive. I guess I just better pre-order the 5 that I want now. I have not opened any of these yet and I am glad I didn't. This is the prize of them all.

DarkArtist
01-26-2006, 08:01 AM
Dude I am so getting this. I love the deco and the hope of the new clones even if they are seperate from the ship are a welcome prospect. I really hope that this is true and not someone's idea of joke though.

I know that Rebelscum has proven to be acurate in the past but I still will wait and see. I think I might pre-order it just to be sure. I was able to get the ROTS version for $19.99 at Suncoast video back in March, yes they broke street date.

DarkArtist
01-26-2006, 08:30 AM
just pre-ordered it along with the Defense of the Senate Battlepack. It says that the battlepack is for online only, so I wonder if there will be two versions of this set. It says that it will be released in May 1st so here's hoping that it's the right date.

El Chuxter
01-26-2006, 08:39 AM
It appears to be a TRU exclusive. I guess I just better pre-order the 5 that I want now. I have not opened any of these yet and I am glad I didn't. This is the prize of them all.

So with all the TRU's that are closing, this is going to be an amazon.com exclusive for most of us. Great.

jedi master sal
01-26-2006, 08:48 AM
And here is the Gunner:
http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/Clone_Wars_Quad_Gunner.jpg

Take the head from an AT-RT driver
Body of either a #6 or #41 (I used #6)
Skirt from Clone Commander

Repaint as neccessary.

Voila!
This was photoshopped, but I know the AT-RT head fits on the clone body, as I've already tried it.

-Sal

JEDIpartner
01-26-2006, 09:45 AM
And here is the Gunner:
http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/Clone_Wars_Quad_Gunner.jpg

Take the head from an AT-RT driver
Body of either a #6 or #41 (I used #6)
Skirt from Clone Commander

Repaint as neccessary.

Voila!
This was photoshopped, but I know the AT-RT head fits on the clone body, as I've already tried it.

-Sal

I'm not excited by this. It was fine in the cartoon but... *shrug* That gunner-- I'm definitely passing on it. It does look like cobbled together goods. *sigh*

jedi master sal
01-26-2006, 01:50 PM
I'm not excited by this. It was fine in the cartoon but... *shrug* That gunner-- I'm definitely passing on it. It does look like cobbled together goods. *sigh*

It's not an actual piece. That's my photoshop work there...

JEDIpartner
01-26-2006, 02:00 PM
I understood that... I'm talking about the general concept of it based on the box artwork. My first reaction was "what the frakking kinda crap are they trying to push on us now???!!"

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-26-2006, 02:58 PM
Well, that's what he looked like in the toon, so I'm fine with it. Hopefully he'll come with that big-a** gun from the cartoon, but it doesn't look like it. If I find that Battlepack, I'm so getting like 60 of it.

Blue2th
01-26-2006, 05:49 PM
Alright, I totally don't get this. I know it was in the Clone Wars cartoons but there is something about putting a shark's mouth (or whatever it is suppossed to be) on the front of the gunship that is too... "American." It's just not "Star Wars" enough. Maybe it works for something like the Space Marines in James Cameron's Aliens but not Star Wars. :confused:
Actually the Sharks mouth was started I do believe by the AVG American Volunteer Group flying their outnumbered obsolete P-40b's for the Chinese. They painted teeth on them because they knew the Japanese had a superstition to Tiberons (sharks) These guys were misfits and washed out pilots who fought the Japanese a few years before the U.S entered the war. They tore into the enemy, and gave more than they got. Later absorbed by the US army, half of the "rebel" pilots quit rather than be subjugated. So yeah, it's kinda an american thing. This is probably more than you want to know but there it is.

starwarsfan1
01-26-2006, 06:13 PM
Where did you see this on rebelscum? I cant find it anywhere. Could you provide a link or something?

figrin bran
01-27-2006, 12:37 AM
Where did you see this on rebelscum? I cant find it anywhere. Could you provide a link or something?

look for Mr. Curto's comments on page 3 of the Clone Wars Gunship thread in the Saga Collection section. he's often privy to inside info like this so take it for what you will.

also mentioned in that thread is that what most of us see as a shark's mouth might also be seen as a rancor's mouth...hmmm

wedge1968
01-27-2006, 08:29 AM
They said that it is suppossed to be a rancor mouth in the clone wars volume 2 dvd.

JEDIpartner
01-27-2006, 09:57 AM
Oh, but the rancor's mouth was just a wee mouth only big enough to eat a Gamorrean!

jedi master sal
01-27-2006, 10:07 AM
Okay then, how about a Nexu's mouth?

Geesh, why does everything HAVE to have an explanation?

It's a toy from a cartoon series, spawned from a fantasy movie.

HAVE FUN WITH IT!

Slicker
01-27-2006, 11:30 AM
Okay then, how about a Nexu's mouth?

Geesh, why does everything HAVE to have an explanation?

It's a toy from a cartoon series, spawned from a fantasy movie.

HAVE FUN WITH IT!I'm in total agreeance with you JMS, but for those that must have explanation I like the rancor theory. I thought the teeth were straight and perfect but upon further inspection they're quite jagged much like our beloved rancor.:love:

Darth Cruel
01-27-2006, 12:06 PM
Whatever kind of a mouth it is...I'm good with it. Bring it on!

pegger
01-27-2006, 01:29 PM
Whatever kind of a mouth it is...I'm good with it. Bring it on!

....must... resist...crude....comment.....

Val Da Car
01-27-2006, 01:33 PM
Rancor, Nexu, or shark...I would not want to get the DeMille close up of the teeth!

But on the Ship, I am there!

Darth Cruel
01-27-2006, 03:29 PM
....must... resist...crude....comment.....

LOL...Pegger...you ain't right.