PDA

View Full Version : Price sticker on vintage cards

Uriarte69
01-25-2006, 08:24 PM
Anyone know if Goo Gone will remove price stickers from vintage cards?

Frizz_himself
01-26-2006, 06:59 AM
yes but it will take off some the card as well. the black of the card will start to turn white. so be careful.

vader121
01-26-2006, 07:35 AM
I would suggest leaving the old price stickers on the vintage cards. It is part of the nostalgia.

I myself love seeing , for example, the old Child World, Kmart, Gold Circle, and various drug store stickers still on them.

Lazer Brain
01-26-2006, 12:19 PM
i have used a little heat from a blow drier to get them off, but it does not always work. then for the old residue and to clean the whole card i use a Renaissance Wax. It can be expensive and hard to find , but it brings any old card stock back to life and restore that 'new' look to the card. again practice on a spot first it you use too much or rub to long it will remove some color to.good luck. goo be gone is tooo strong for this.
later

Jayspawn
01-27-2006, 10:56 AM
Personally i would leave the sticker as is as vader121 says. Its part of the history. As much as I like carded vintage figues, if there was a sticker still on the box -I'd leave it. No point in damaging the card.

Slicker
01-27-2006, 11:36 AM
Besides if you have a figure that's worth hundreds and the price sticker says $2 that would kinda make me laugh everytime I looked at it.

I read a story about some guy with a high AFA vinyl cape jawa that had the price sticker on it still for only a couple dollars originally and now that thing is worth thousands.