PDA

View Full Version : ROTS: Republic/Empire logos on vehicles?

Shadow Knight
01-26-2006, 05:52 AM
Is it my imagination, or is the same logo (republic/empire) seen on not only the Republic ships, but on the Confederacy ships as well? I thought I noticed this logo on the vulture droids that launched from Grievous's ship in the beginning of the movie. If they are not the same, they sure are very similar.

Slicker
01-26-2006, 06:34 AM
Yeah it's kinda the same. I really forget the reasoning but I believe it's in an issue of the Insider.

Sith Lord 0498
01-26-2006, 06:55 AM
Is it my imagination, or is the same logo (republic/empire) seen on not only the Republic ships, but on the Confederacy ships as well? I thought I noticed this logo on the vulture droids that launched from Grievous's ship in the beginning of the movie. If they are not the same, they sure are very similar.

The Separatist insignia resembled the wing panel of a TIE Fighter. Therefore its a hexagon with lines intersecting at the mid-point. The Republic/Imperial insiginias are circular in shape. I believe the insinuation with the Separatist insiginia is to foreshadow that both sides would fall under Darth Sidious' rule (hence the connection to the TIE Fighters).

X13VADER
01-26-2006, 07:21 AM
The Empire Symbol Is 6 Sided And The Republic Is 8 Sided. Not Sure It Was Ever Explained. Some Figures Have Empire While Others Have Republic From Rots Movie. Gunships Have 8 Sided. Not Sure What Troops Have.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-26-2006, 04:16 PM
It seems odd to me that Anakin's and Obi-Wan's starfighters in ROTS had the hectagonal Empire logo and not the octagonal Republic symbol. I wonder why they changed it that soon?

Shadow Knight
01-26-2006, 05:29 PM
I thought the starfighters had both logos. The red symbol thingee and the confusing empire/republic logo. I am gonna have to do some more dvd searching to figure all of this out. I love this game!

JEDIpartner
01-31-2006, 01:51 PM
I'm pretty certain that they had the Republic logo and that squadron logo and that was it.

Darth Jax
01-31-2006, 11:16 PM
Yeah it's kinda the same. I really forget the reasoning but I believe it's in an issue of the Insider.

i don't remember them addressing that particular insignia. but i do recall the insider discussing how the open circle insignia from the starfighters showing up on mustafar.