PDA

View Full Version : Preview figures- revealed?

JEDIpartner
01-22-2002, 09:21 AM
I just saw a picture of the carded Jango Fett. It is packaged on a POTJ-type card with the new large bubble. Jango is packaged sideways with the lollipops attached to his blasters. I couldn't tell if the holsters are functioning, but he'd look pretty stupid standing the way he is posed without the blasters in his hands.

The back of the card showed Zam Wesell, a Clone Trooper and R3-T7 (the yellow astromech we've seen pictures of). The Clone Trooper is also "action posed" with one helluva blaster rifle (also with a lollipop). Zam kinda looked stupid as she was standing straight legged, torso twisted to her left, rifle across her torso and firing to her left (lollipop also attached). Zam's not a bad figure, but the way she is holding her rifle with the "Shot" coming out of it looks a little odd.

So... are these the preview four? The label on the Jango Fett said it was a Sneak Preview figure from AOTC. Kinda cool!

MisterPL
01-22-2002, 09:26 AM
I'm sure this is just another well-orchestrated Rebelscum rumor. Until it shows up here at SSG, it's totally unsubstantiated fiction. Pretty cool custom, though.

But if it IS the real deal, those figures do look pretty nice. I'm looking forward to this wave a lot. Gimme more Clonetroopers in different poses and I'll be a happy army-building collector.

JEDIpartner
01-22-2002, 09:31 AM
as there was no barcode on the item, but they usually just slap a good old sticker on as it comes off the line.

AreTwo-DeeTwo
01-22-2002, 09:36 AM
I actually like the blaster stuff coming out of the weapons. If they are removeable from the weapon. I just don't like the way the legs are posed in almost every figure I've seen so far. Although the Clonetrooper is not to bad.
I'll go nutty when I see them on the pegs and go for them.

InsaneJediGirl
01-22-2002, 09:49 AM
Is it just me or does that Clonetrooper look a little werid.I'm
wondering if it is an Action figure at all,because how would you
get an action figure into that pose? Secondly from my observations from the deluxe figs and such from the Hasbro site
this clonetrooper doesnt look "Action-Figure-y" to me.

Any one else think this?Or am I just a werido?

MisterPL
01-22-2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
as there was no barcode on the item...

With the new packaging, the barcode will go on the bottom of the blister insert. That wasn't shown in the photos, but has been mentioned elsewhere.

JEDIpartner
01-22-2002, 10:06 AM
See? Look at all the things you learn when you start threads like this one!!!

and InsaneJediGirl... the truth of the matter is... MOST of the figures shouldn't be in the poses they are. You just kinda have to remember what we are up against this go around. So, no- you aren't a weirdo. As I said in the 12" figure thread, the Clone Trooper looks like a sad robot puppy dog. "Snoop Droidy-Droid" anyone?

StarWarsToys
01-22-2002, 10:18 AM
Here is a picture of the front package.

Jargo
01-22-2002, 10:19 AM
I hate the way Jango looks like he's being tortured into that position like he's in ballet class or something. the clonetrooper is the biggest pile of ***** that I've seen in an action figure in a long time. he looks like cheap oriental knock off stuff. Horrid little abortion of a figure he is, an abomination!

I'm really considering abandoning star wars figures for something else like lego. lego is fun to collect, you can make your own action, you can play with it and then replay nad rebuild. You don't get dictated to by Lego. These action figures from Hasbro are in poses that dictate their purpose - shelf display only. They aren't toys anymore they're figurines. the only reson the have any articulation at all is because they can't mold them all in one piece in those ridiculous poses. You can bet your bottom dollar that if they could we'd just be getting one piece figures by now.

hasbro should be sued under the trades description laws for selling under false pretences. Toys are toys and these aren't toys but are being sold as such. I'm frankly disgusted over this state of affairs.

No, my money is going on Lego from now on unless they come up with something more worthy.

StarWarsToys
01-22-2002, 10:20 AM
And the package back view.

SirSteve
01-22-2002, 10:48 AM
I wasn't supposed to post it but since another site is, I had no choice. Enjoy!

ChronicJedi
01-22-2002, 10:56 AM
Am I missing something here? They look like fake pics to me. Why is the top right corner blacked out?

pthfnder89
01-22-2002, 10:58 AM
I do like Jangos packaging, and the lollipops, but I think it's kind of funny how much better some of these figures look in that dark "mood lighting". Kind of like why they keep bars so dark; gives the ugly people a chance to hook up ;););)

SirSteve
01-22-2002, 10:59 AM
It's just a bad picture, Jango fades out. The UPC is on the bottom of the blister so you cannot see it.

pthfnder89
01-22-2002, 11:02 AM
Obviously taken in a rather dark room, Id guess.

Dryanta
01-22-2002, 11:15 AM
Are these the Figures that may be out this month(or next)? They look pretty good to me by the way,I've seen( and bought) worse.

JonoFett
01-22-2002, 11:51 AM
Thanks must go to Sir Steve for posting these images.

I am impressed. The clonetrooper et. al. look great. I have somewhat got used to the whole pre-posing saga, as it is here to stay unfortuneatly.:)

mabudonicus
01-22-2002, 11:57 AM
Is it just me, or does the clonetrooper look like he's in a "getting caught in the washroom by his mother" type pose. Does this happen in the film?

Boba Binks
01-22-2002, 11:57 AM
Nice images. I am starting to drool. I want my figures now. :)

Beast
01-22-2002, 01:02 PM
Wow, these figures look great. Can't wait to hold these in my hot lil hands. :) Makes me wonder if this means that the new preview asst. will be Jango, Zam, Clone Trooper, and R3-T7. If so bring em on. I'm really starting to not mind the pre-posed stances, since I know that on the main charecters atleast we will get more basic re-sculpts in the future. Nice to finally see the CloneTrooper figure.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LusiferSam
01-22-2002, 01:14 PM
I try not to pass judgment ahead of time on any figures. But all this per posed junk has been changing my mind. The cowboy pose of Jango Fett and the odd position of the Clone trooper are silly at best.

Darth Evil
01-22-2002, 02:04 PM
Jango looks....alright, the pose is awful, but he looks pretty good. I'll decide whether or not to buy him when I actually see him, the two blasters look good, functioning holsters would be nice!

JediCole
01-22-2002, 02:37 PM
It amazes me to this day how quickly everyone wants to dismiss anything they see as "fakes". Everything that has been displayed within the last four weeks on one site or another, that was declared a fake or a custom job by someone on this very site in these forums, has turned out to look the same when it appears on the OFFICIAL Star Wars site, complete with a Hasbro logo in the corner of the image. That ALONE should dispell this notion of automatic determinations of spurious origins of this latest image. Mark my words. Inside of two weeks we will see this very image (at least the front of the card) on the official site, or perhaps even here if Hasbro ever lifts its opressive ban on images for sites that cooperate with their guidelines.

Furthermore, the arrival of this and other images (yes, even on the official site) serve to further prove the Clone Trooper designs seen as long as six months ago or longer (and declared fakes or PhotoShop creations by some in these forums as recently as three weeks ago) were the genuine article. I think we are all hopeful that these extranious poses are not the real thing, that Hasbro has more sense than that, but there is ample, CONFIRMABLE evidence to the contrary. It is time to resign ourselves to the fate of at least the initial line. And trust me, I've seen more than my fair share of custom Star Wars figures, and have NEVER seen a single one posed remotely like the AOTC figures we've seen so far.

Finally, I am, like others here, hopeful that the visible blaster flash "lollipops" are removeable. Undoubtedly Sir Steve knows, but languishes, through no fault of his own, under a Hasbro and LucasFilm imposed gag order. Some images I've seen suggest that these pointless flourishes are removeable, but it is too early to tell and the packaging gives us no clues.

evenflow
01-22-2002, 03:00 PM
Not abad selection fo preview figures. I like it. The only thing i don't like is the way Jango is standing, what is the deal with that?

mylow thehutt
01-22-2002, 03:18 PM
:confused: I don't rember hearing about the r3 droid becomming a sneak preview figure.The figures look great can't wait.:D

mylow thehutt
01-22-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
I hate the way Jango looks like he's being tortured into that position like he's in ballet class or something. the clonetrooper is the biggest pile of ***** that I've seen in an action figure in a long time. he looks like cheap oriental knock off stuff. Horrid little abortion of a figure he is, an abomination!

I'm really considering abandoning star wars figures for something else like lego. lego is fun to collect, you can make your own action, you can play with it and then replay nad rebuild. You don't get dictated to by Lego. These action figures from Hasbro are in poses that dictate their purpose - shelf display only. They aren't toys anymore they're figurines. the only reson the have any articulation at all is because they can't mold them all in one piece in those ridiculous poses. You can bet your bottom dollar that if they could we'd just be getting one piece figures by now.

hasbro should be sued under the trades description laws for selling under false pretences. Toys are toys and these aren't toys but are being sold as such. I'm frankly disgusted over this state of affairs.

No, my money is going on Lego from now on unless they come up with something more worthy.

:( wow JARGO thats harsh.:cry:

Fulit
01-22-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by mabudon
Is it just me, or does the clonetrooper look like he's in a "getting caught in the washroom by his mother" type pose. Does this happen in the film?

That's kind of what I thought, only I likened it to bad gut cramps. Somebody show that soldier where the head is.

mista_carrot
01-22-2002, 03:55 PM
The Clonetrooper looks odd...reminds me of the Death Star Trooper's pose--kinda squating, kinda action-y, very lame. As long as these characters actually have these poses in the movie I won't be too ****ed. I just don't want to see some crap like POTF2 Lobot...ugh.

JEDIpartner
01-22-2002, 04:05 PM
the "I have to clean out my underpants" stance! :D

her 8 eight year-old son has seen the new figure pics and thinks they look "stoopid" and asked if they were trying to "do the splits"... :rolleyes:

Lman316
01-22-2002, 04:06 PM
I don't know.... they look okay, I guess.
Like most of you, I'm against these funky poses. However, I'm kinda hoping that the Clonetrooper will have articulation similar to the CommTech Stormtrooper, and that's why it's posed like that in the photo. It doesn't seem like it would be able to stand like that - but seeing as how everything else is a one pose wonder, this probably is too...

Ken-Wan Obi-Obi
01-22-2002, 04:21 PM
Bring 'em on!!!!!! I can't wait. The Clone Trooper looks awesome. I'm not fond of the stances either, but who really cares... it's more action figures. Maybe we'll get a Deluxe Fully-Articulated Version - then we'd each have to buy a dozen to reenact the "Attack!" R3 unit rocks, as well.

Obi-Dan Kenobi
01-22-2002, 04:27 PM
I think they all look cool except for the clonetrooper's stance. I also am reminded of the DS Trooper. Hopefully there will be other versions and this one will add variety when several are posed together. Jango looks a little goofy in the package, but once he's free I think he'll be all right. I'll buy all of these. I just wish the regular figures for the first release under the new line looked as good as these.

Also, didn't SirSteve or someone on this forum confirm that the blasts are removable from the guns? It sure looks like they are.

Tycho
01-22-2002, 04:44 PM
Yes, they are removeable and seem to fall out easily.

However, at least we are getting popularly demanded characters early - a smart move on Hasbro's part.

And an ARMY BUILDER early - another smart move.

R3-T7 will be the largest peg warmer here. I want only 2 of him I think, versus an army of maybe 50 Clone Troopers and 5 Zam Wessels.

I will buy the Jango figure. Though I need about 15 Jango figures to recreat the movie with my toys, I will buy 7 or less of this "action stance" bounty hunter.

With the Clone Trooper, it will depend on the articulation. I may need an -arms-at-side "marching" or formation line Clone Trooper, so saying I'll buy 50 of these EXACT figures of the CloneTrooper, might be a gross exageration - when I may only find 12 or less useful.

Oh - well. These are the best figures to release early. They have plenty of time to resculpt them, or recard them (on the blue) and continue to get them out there, as these choices (droid excepted - but barely) will not sit.

R3-T7 is useful 1) in the Royal Starship (though the yellow droid was an R2 unit specifically I believe) and 2) in the Rebel briefing scene before Endor.

You might stick him in any Rebel Flight Hanger, and his Episode 2 appearances are unknown for sure at this point. I suspect it is in the Droid Factory scenes maybe (on Geonosis). It is not important - the fact that he is a preview droid is only partially certain because Hasbro thinks we are going to fill up Yavin, Hoth, and Home One flight hangers with the little guy. They are partially right. I'm just not going to use him on Yavin or Hoth, as I want different astromechs for the space I have left in those scenes.

Mandalorian Candidat
01-22-2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
R3-T7 will be the largest peg warmer here. I want only 2 of him I think, versus an army of maybe 50 Clone Troopers and 5 Zam Wessels.

Wow! Only five ZW's Tycho? What restraint!;)

So when are these preview figures going to be released? Hasbro doesn't have a whole lot of time to get them out before the blue-carded line. Are they going to be like the Mace Windu preview where you send in your Jedi Master points or will they be appearing in stores?

HMMMM?

Lord Tenebrous
01-22-2002, 05:43 PM
My biggest gripe has to be the packaging. I really wish they'd reduce the size of the card and pack in a checklist, rather than deal with the obnoxious style they started with the FX-7 wave.

It's all going to depend on how things look on the pegs. I've had many times where I've loved the online picture, went to the store and ditched the item because it looked bad. And I'll refuse to get R3 if it's this one little droid in a huge bubble and the same price as the others.

I dunno, maybe I'll just collect pictures this time around. :zzz:

Wolfwood319
01-22-2002, 05:45 PM
The Jango looks decent, despite the pose. I couldn't care less about the others, though. If I see a Jango, I'll probably pick him up, other than that, I don't want to waste money on these.

Is it me, or do the new figures look a little larger than the POTJ figures? I guess its because of the pose and the packaging, but they look larger.

getoninja
01-22-2002, 06:51 PM
WOW,,,,never knew that had pics???
Well I stoped collectiong starwars figures way back in 1999. It was too much of a waste of money.
But the only starwars figure I still coolect is bobafett. (big fett fan)
SO seeing jargo fett is cool. But the thing that bothers me is his pose. It looks painfull just looking at him,,and his guns too.

But I am still going to get him,,,it will probably look better when the figure auctally comes out in stores???

when does it come out????
:confused:

Paul-Kenobi
01-22-2002, 07:32 PM
:eek: WOW that looks sooo coool, so dose the clone trooper.
PS I like the blaster blots, you can attch to the blaster its cool.

snakeplkn
01-22-2002, 08:07 PM
Zam and the Clonetrooper look like their guns are more than water hoses if anything. These "lollipops" are awful at best. Any reason why both the 12 inch and the 4 inch Clonetrooper have sandy boots?

The only figure I know I will buy will be R3-T7. Bring on the droids! I disagree with Tycho, outside of POTJ R2-D2, I don't think any droid has been a pegwarmer. Zam looks better than Jango "splitsville" Fett.

And for the Clone Trooper, he has to be articulated or the figure will be a bust. I am going to call out and say that if Episode II disappoints, many Clone Troopers may have their heads chopped off to make way for custom Stormtrooper helmets.

Snake Plissken
"A little human compassion"

mark2d2
01-22-2002, 08:16 PM
Wow . . . first FX-7, then R4-M9, and now at long last a yellow R3 unit.

Hmmmmm. It seems that the coolest figure in each wave is the droid.

Works for me --- 'cause I like them best. Anybody else see this pattern forming here?

derek
01-22-2002, 08:55 PM
the preview jango is for sale on e-bay. some idiot(hopefully no one here) is bidding $110 on it. it's gonna be in stores soon. this is crazy!!!!!!!!!:crazed:

bigbarada
01-22-2002, 10:08 PM
$110!?!?!?!?! And to think whoever that is will be able to buy over 50 over them on clearance in a couple of months for the same amount of money.:crazed:

Wolfwood319
01-22-2002, 10:22 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha.... Its so true.....

Then again, it is ebay. Most people on ebay are idiots.

GNT
01-22-2002, 10:47 PM
So all 4 of them are preview Figures?

SithDroid
01-23-2002, 02:30 AM
Well, the figures look o.k. to me, but the one pose wonder of the figures is going to wear on me real quick. Jango looks cool and so does Zam. The Clonetrooper I am still not to hot on. The droid looks cool also, except for the blue stuff around it.

Tycho
01-23-2002, 04:23 AM
Well, the blue stuff is removeable like the Boomer Damage Battledroid's.

SNAKEPLKN - you are probably right that R3-T7 will sell really well. R2-Q5 proved how strong the market was for astrodroids, and R4-M9 was the result we'll be getting very soon I hope. I'm all for 2 astrodroids a year (at the least, but 3 at the most - not counting R2D2 because he's a main character and will likely need an AOTC figure).

That was why I was saying Hasbro was really smart in selecting figures for this wave. However, I don't think anyone is thinking about creating armies of Astrodroids in rows like they might with CloneSoldiers. That's the only point I was making.

I myself want 15 variations of astrodroids (between all the models) and I would buy multiples of most of them - but maybe only 2 or 3 of each type. That's 45 droids total in my collection, with 15 types (by color), and probably taking 5 years or more to accumulate all of them - assuming Hasbro even makes what I want. But I could easily buy 50 CloneTroopers in 1 week for 1 scene out of 4 that I want to use Troopers for. Comparing the single droid figure ratio to my collection demands (assuming they are standard for diorama enthusiasts) the Clone Trooper will outsell the droid by margins of 50 to 3, or for every "home army assemblage," approximately 47 astrodroids will not be required from the cases these figures come in.

Zam and Jango will be quite popular as bounty hunters alone, plus all the hype surrounding them (prior to the movie: Movie goers might be disappointed in Zam's extremely short screen-time). But their sales are unpredictable - though likely kid favorites.

Beast
01-23-2002, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by Tycho
Zam and Jango will be quite popular as bounty hunters alone, plus all the hype surrounding them (prior to the movie: Movie goers might be disappointed in Zam's extremely short screen-time). But their sales are unpredictable - though likely kid favorites.

Short Screen-time didn't stop Aurra Sing from become a quick fanboy favorite, and she has less screen time then Zam will rack up. I still have no clue why Aurra is so popular, she never even did anything in the movie but stand there and watch the podrace. IMHO, she is not deserving of the insane popularity she has generated. Zam atleast does somthing in the film, so atleast if she becomes a fan favorite, she is somewhat deserving.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jasma Ke-Bev
01-23-2002, 09:59 AM
Hi people

I'm new to this place, kinda feels strange almost bouncy. Just a quick favour; can someone actually send me those pictures cos I haven't seen them yet?

If not thats ok

J:stupid: :sur:

Jargo
01-23-2002, 10:17 AM
senior sub editor of what? sorry, just read your profile Jasma. :)
I'll send you stuff if you want it.

getting back to the toys, Zam actually looks okay. the detail alone is worth paying for on her. jango looks nice and shiny but realy isn't anything special at all. his bow leged stance makes him look squat. he has pegs on his backpack for attaching the flame lollipops but with legs like that he'll just look so stupid in flight mode. useless gimmick features wasted.
The clonetrooper really is the worst design ever. The helmet looks stupid and there's no way its gonna have a human head inside with the side cutaway on it. The armour just looks cumbersome and impractical. So the translation to action figure has made it look all the worse. he looks so clunky and lumbering and awkward. his pose is dumb too. how can you have rows of troops in a diorama or in play if they all look like they're doing aerobics? it's a waste of plastic and I reckon the deluxe version will be just as bad or worse. Nasty F-
R2-T7 is a droid. the only reason to buy this one over any other is the clear head. I'll be buying a few to customise purely on that clear dome alone. same with R4-M9, I'll buy that because it's different so that I can customise. I wouldn't buy another R2-D2 now because I have a load and I'm bored of him. But Tycho, I have enough droids to create an army of them. I intend to do just that. All my astro droids and power droids and treadwell droids and any other droid I feel like adding. A droid rebellion against slavery to the bow legged humans. My droid army will melt these human figures to a sticky brown gloop. Mwahahahahahaha!!! :crazed:

JEDIpartner
01-23-2002, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
My droid army will melt these human figures to a sticky brown gloop. Mwahahahahahaha!!! :crazed:

I think that "sticky brown gloop" is the reason they are all in this position, JARGO! Either their undies are full or they're about to let loose with the Shamrock S--ts!

Jasma Ke-Bev
01-23-2002, 10:25 AM
The Mirror and Daily Record. I work for the Press Association. Get paid lots of money to proof read!

I dunno, they didn't look bad, but then again the Padme figures make them look like works of modern art.

J

Lord Tenebrous
01-23-2002, 10:25 AM
Any reason why both the 12 inch and the 4 inch Clonetrooper have sandy boots?

Because non-sandy would mean they're on Kamino, not doing much. Sandy means that they're meant to be used in a Geonosis scene. I'm sure we'll see more than one paint variation on the trooper - one of which should not be "cocoa bath".

mabudonicus
01-23-2002, 11:50 AM
My army of 21b's is the most cost efficient, polite and destructive army out there! Also, the clonetrooper will look great mixed in with an army of dewback sandtroopers and pack-in biker scouts. Heh heh- maybe the carded clonetrooper could be dubbed "pack-in clonetrooper". Well, how bout it?

jedibear
01-23-2002, 02:26 PM
JarJarBinks sez:

Short Screen-time didn't stop Aurra Sing from become a quick fanboy favorite, and she has less screen time then Zam will rack up. I still have no clue why Aurra is so popular, she never even did anything in the movie but stand there and watch the podrace. IMHO, she is not deserving of the insane popularity she has generated. Zam atleast does somthing in the film, so atleast if she becomes a fan favorite, she is somewhat deserving.

I still think that Aurra's additon to EpOne was a late one ala Boba Fett in EpFour...meaning we haven't seen the last of her...

As for these pics...at first glance it's quick to think they're fakes, but I remember the proto=packaging we saw at the Comic-Con Hasbro booth for stuff was pretty weather-beaten and was slightly different from the end result i.e. the "original" idea for the 12" Luke/SpeederBike set was to support the bottom with part of the photo background cardboard...they went with the plastic clear shell instead....so these could be real. It's smart of them to offer four characters that appeal to kids and collectors alike.

Beast
01-23-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by jedibear
I still think that Aurra's additon to EpOne was a late one ala Boba Fett in EpFour...meaning we haven't seen the last of her...

Well, I'm not to sure. The woman that was cast as play Aurra Sing for E2 ended up having her charecter changed to Zam Wessel, so unless she is playing both parts (which I doubt Lucas would do) I don't think Aurra will have much, or anyting to do with E2.

Sure, there have been some rumors that she is behind what happens to Shmi, but I dunno. But even if thats true, she was over popular from the moment she appeared watching the podrace. Maybe if she does appear and do somthing in E2, then possibly she can be deserving of the hype she is getting.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mabudonicus
01-23-2002, 02:53 PM
Oh, I hope that's true!! I have to agree with JJB, the a.sing "character" stinks and is goofy. That she may have been replaced by Zam is great news! A.sings costume makes her look like she just walked out of vic tannys after getting a sackful of freeweights dropped on her hands. Zam looks like a bounty hunter or perhaps an assassin. The only thing scary about a.sing is that she may actually be in one of the next two films. Wooooooo!!

SithDroid
01-23-2002, 04:02 PM
Has anyone seen the new Toyfare magazine issue #55? They have some custom made Episode 2 figures in their that are really cool looking. Nothing like this cr*p that Hasbro is putting out. Why don't they hire some customizing people to make the figures? They'd turn out way better than what they got right now, plus since they are fans of SW then perhaps we could start seeing some stuff that we really want made instead of tons of resculpts.

The hype about Aurra Sing is WAY to high. She was in EP I for 2 seconds and had no lines. At least Boba Fett HAD some lines. Plus she needs to get rid of that antenna growing out of her head. Looks stupid. Why did George add that anyway?

gibbspaulus
01-23-2002, 05:50 PM
You all should be really grateful. When the figures finally come out we Brits will have to pay over-the-odds to get them. Ep I figures retailed at 8, about $12. The newer action collection range is available at about $35 each. To get the Speeder Bike 12" would set you back around $100.

It's been cheaper for me to get my POTJ figures from KebCo in their sale and ship them across the atlantic than pay the prices we have to. ToysRud and other shops over here don't stock anymore - you have to go to a specialist.

Do I want to pay 12 for the Clonetrooper?:eek:

Jasma Ke-Bev
01-23-2002, 08:09 PM
This is very true but when we had a cash slice last Spring, places like Koolcollectables were actually putting an extra 2 on the price and saying they were in a sale.

What's the site address Kebco? I wouldn't mind having a look there because I usually have to wait for Memorabilia down at Birmingham NEC.

ToysRus was always ****!

:frus:

snakeplkn
01-23-2002, 08:16 PM
Tycho, I wish I could spend hundreds of dollars on figures within a week! I won't be able to buy more than 12 fan club exclusive stormtroopers before straining my budget. I still think Zam will be a pegwarmer like Aurra Sing. After the initial buzz, I have seen dozens of Aurra everywhere.

As for the popularity of bounty hunters, still don't understand why Boba Fett and the like are so insanely popular. Wedge influenced events more than Boba ever will.

Snake Plissken

Tycho
01-23-2002, 09:10 PM
Oh, I never said I could afford it, LOL.

That's what clearing my credit card has been all about. Getting ready for a new chance to rack up a debt. (I save a different card for emergencies - the real reason I have them).

But getting stuff in the quantities I want, and as cheap as possible, that's my motivation for buying all I can at retail, save for what I'm going to gamble I'll get on clearance. In all honesty, I'll worry about having enough to get all the different things they release that I want first, army building second. That'll leave me a window to watch how these figures sell and wait and listen to plans about upcoming resculpts (which might fit my scenes better).

I'm into this like some build model railroads - I've gone the whole 9 yards for most of the Classic scenes I wanted to do, and when I have a big house which I'm struggling to get promoted so I can afford, my plan (as a single, non-married guy) is to be able to have room to do my large Phantom and AOTC environments and fill them with the figures I need. Ultimately, a model railroad hobby is probably more expensive than building these battlefields, however I eventually intend to use one of those large-scale railraod setups to actually make my podracers move. Since I'd never heard of anyone doing this before, I wanted to try.

If anyone has done this, I'd love to see it though.

But to conclude, I'm working my tail off to be able to afford - well to keep working really - and support myself after college. Eventually I'll have more dollars than hours, so the house and building the dioramas will be fun when I can't sleep at night. I like painting my backgrounds or figuring out how to build stuff. Unless things change, I don't have anyone in my life to be saving up to take a vacation with - so I won't need one. I've always paid my Star Wars on credit down during months of low or no product shipping - or ones like the Bo Shek wave - great figures, just none I'd buy more than 2 of for my scenes.

In any case, I've calculated that it will be less than $1,000 that I could possibly spend to buy all I think I want (in and around April 22) and I don't know what I'll wait on for clearance bargains later. I could pay that off at $300 a month (including during April) and I priced that by all the product they've announced or rumored, so that amount could include the product I won't actually have the opportunity to buy until May or June, but by summer, I'll have it all and be out of debt (in case I do want a vacation). It's always a gamble whether it works that way, but this is my first year out of college that I'm actually earning something in the direction of the amount of money I went to school to 'learn to earn.' We'll see. I'm currently finishing paying off all the Star Wars I bought while I was still IN college, LOL.

gibbspaulus
01-24-2002, 02:18 AM
Jasma,

KebCo are one of SSG's links at the bottom of this page. They are the ones on the news page with a sale till 31st. In the uk try www.redpumpkin.co.uk who I just discovered, and are pretty cheap. Also, if you're anywhere near London, there's a toymaster ToyBox shop in Stratford with the some okay bargains.

ChronicJedi
01-24-2002, 09:56 AM
I seem to remember someone saying "don't trust redpumpkin.com'. I beleive it was Jargo.

Anyway, since I put my foot in my mouth and these ARE indeed real my only concern is when, where and how much.

MisterPL
01-24-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by ChronicJedi
...my only concern is when, where and how much.

Now, here (http://www16.addr.com/~newforce/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=NFCC&Product_Code=POTJ-5515&Category_Code=P), and $69.99 a dozen.

Jasma Ke-Bev
01-24-2002, 01:11 PM
Thanks, gibbspaulus

I wasn't looking very hard was I? Unfortunately I am in the craggy northern are of Engladn called Yorkshire. Specialists shops have been a rarity and when one pops up it becomes bombarded. Koolcollectables recently closed in Hull, but my main supplier buggered off to Wales. Great!!

Thanks again for the site :crazed:

Unit-01
01-25-2002, 04:34 PM
This would have been a better pose.

http://www.darthpsychotic.com

Hhhhmmmm not showing. It's the 3rd trooper underneath the pic of the gun.

Jargo
01-25-2002, 08:16 PM
Indeed it would.......

snakeplkn
01-26-2002, 12:44 AM
From www.darthpsychotic.com ...

is Obi-Wan at a Coruscant bar or did he time-travel back to the 1980s?

Snake Plissken