PDA

View Full Version : Oh the wrongness - Han & Chewie Falcon picture!

JediTricks
01-26-2006, 08:54 PM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=32154

Oh my eyes, they burn, they BURRRRRN!!! What foul horrorshow is Hasbro putting on with these 2? Chewie doesn't look too bad except for the mega-sombrrero and the fact that wookiees don't translate into robots very well, plus is that the mech cockpit in his CROTCH?!? It just looks pretty awful. And Han, why oh why did they do this to you Han? Kibblemaster Han, mega-gun Han, appalling disaster Han, "pity my existance" Han -- have they no SHAME putting out something that looks this bad?!?

My mind could not comprehend something this poor. This thing is INDEFENSIBLE, I cannot imagine it looking any better by the time it hits shelves. How can they not feel shame at releasing this product???

El Chuxter
01-26-2006, 08:59 PM
Hopefully the stagnant sales of the line will result in this abomination never seeing the store shelves.

Kidhuman
01-26-2006, 10:17 PM
This looks like f***ing s**t.

JediTricks
01-26-2006, 10:28 PM
Stagnant? This line is doing pretty well, especially for the worst toy-buying season of the year, LA area is always running low on these. I can almost guarantee you that even if it was doing marginally poorly, Hasbro would stand behind this line till all 12 were out.

El Chuxter
01-26-2006, 10:38 PM
JT, if you need any of them, I could stop by the one Target and one Wal-Mart I frequent daily and get you a half dozen or so of each. I don't think either store has sold even one in the month or so they've had them. The Custom Choppers and Unleashed Battlepacks actually appear to be moving better in the IE than these mockeries.

JediTricks
01-26-2006, 10:53 PM
I have all the ones I want, but I hit a WM, 2 TRUs, and 5 Targets yesterday and they were sold out at most and thin at others. I dunno why so many of you guys come in here going "the line is terrible, it should die" without giving it a chance though, if you don't like the way it looks why give it any attention? Those Unleashed Battlepacks are awful, so are those Custom Choppers, yet we don't have so many dedicated to posting over and over how they hate it.

Kidhuman
01-26-2006, 11:07 PM
thats because there is one thread on each of those. SW TF has its own forum.

Turbowars
01-26-2006, 11:16 PM
I have all the ones I want, but I hit a WM, 2 TRUs, and 5 Targets yesterday and they were sold out at most and thin at others. I dunno why so many of you guys come in here going "the line is terrible, it should die" without giving it a chance though, if you don't like the way it looks why give it any attention? Those Unleashed Battlepacks are awful, so are those Custom Choppers, yet we don't have so many dedicated to posting over and over how they hate it.That's a bit hypocritical don't you think? You just bashed the S*** out of the Falcon in the 1st post.:yes: Another thing we don't want to see you in any of the other thread saying you don't like the stuff we like.;)

You know the sad thing about these toys is they would have been really cool if they Transformed into robots. I don't see the big deal and appeal of them looking like SW characters. I think the Falcon would had been reall cool if they went that direction.

JediTricks
01-26-2006, 11:22 PM
That's a bit hypocritical don't you think? You just bashed the S*** out of the Falcon in the 1st post.:yes: Another thing we don't want to see you in any of the other thread saying you don't like the stuff we like.;)

You know the sad thing about these toys is they would have been really cool if they Transformed into robots. I don't see the big deal and appeal of them looking like SW characters. I think the Falcon would had been reall cool if they went that direction.
At least I bought some of the toys in the line and judged them on their own merits rather than just bashing them without experiencing the line.

thats because there is one thread on each of those. SW TF has its own forum.Yeah, Unleashed doesn't have its own forum or anything.

Kidhuman
01-26-2006, 11:27 PM
But it has one thread on the battle packs and they got bashed to smithereens there.

Turbowars
01-26-2006, 11:30 PM
At least I bought some of the toys in the line and judged them on their own merits rather than just bashing them without experiencing the line.

.Well some people just have more talent than others and can see through clear plastic.:thumbsup:

and yet again a hypercritical statement. You judged the Falcon before opening him up. Hell for all you know it's the best in the line.:yes:

El Chuxter
01-26-2006, 11:53 PM
To me, it looks like a decent idea, not great but decent, and mediocre execution at best.

You'll note, though, that I did say I was planning to get the Maul if the finished product looks like the early pics. I'm not planning to get any of the others because, especially given the increase in the 3.75" figures and the huge increase in the price of the 12" figures now that Sideshow's doing them, $15 is a lot to shell out for a figure that looks to be poorly designed and produced.

At $15, given the size and rather iffy looks about these, I'll be surprised if the line sticks around for the full year. Kids around here don't seem interested, nor do adults.

Also, for the record, I've bashed the Unleashed Battlepacks more times than I can count, and even started a thread telling Hasbro their marketing people are crackheads for coming up with the Custom Choppers. ;)

Captain Spoon
01-27-2006, 08:24 AM
Who ever came up with the idea/design for this I would love to have rabid circus money beat you to death with the shoes of a homeless man

Kidhuman
01-27-2006, 08:54 AM
Homeless men have shoes? I could use that soemwhere.

jedi master sal
01-27-2006, 10:50 AM
Five Words: WHAT A PIECE OF JUNK!

JEDIpartner
01-27-2006, 11:02 AM
This whole line reeks of poo and the atrocity of it is summed up in this nasty little piece.

Slicker
01-27-2006, 12:45 PM
I have yet to buy any of these but it's not because I hate them it's more a lack of funds. Most of them appear to be decent. This one has good intentions but looks poorly executed.

Jangu Fett
01-27-2006, 02:05 PM
What do you all expect? Hasbro is making these. Personally I love them, yes the Falcon looks good as a ship. But the robot modes????????? WHY IS CHEWIE WEARING A SOMBRARO????? Hasbro is well known for good intentions and poor excution. Look at their atempt to do the Action Fleet. Not the Die Cast rip-offs, the very short lived Af from 2 or 3 years ago. And last years Micro Sets. And then when AOTC was released they did 4 keychains with lights and sound. And bringing 2 of them together so they can react to each other. Good thoughts. Really, really poorly done. Hasbro only cares for the Star Wars 3 inch line, everything else they do Star Wars turn out lame.

Kidhuman
01-27-2006, 04:23 PM
It was Cinco de Mayo on Kashyyk, hence the sombrero

Tycho
01-27-2006, 06:59 PM
The Darth Vader TIE Fighter Transformer is sold out of my area. All the others including Luke X-wing (IMO the best one, but I've never bought or opened any) - they're all readily available.

I had no interest in collecting this line myself, and I do buy Transformers Alternators. But those that said vehicles that transform into robots are cool, those that try and be organic characters are crazy.

Star Wars has enough robots. They could have done this line very differently:

Grievous and Vader probably could have stayed as they were. Well, maybe Vader, surely Grievous.

R2D2 should have been the Falcon maybe.

A Super Battle Droid turning into the MTT or something. And so on.

Chewbacca is clearly pushing it.

JediTricks
01-27-2006, 08:21 PM
Well some people just have more talent than others and can see through clear plastic.:thumbsup:

and yet again a hypercritical statement. You judged the Falcon before opening him up. Hell for all you know it's the best in the line.:yes:
Eat toe cheese. :p My point was 1 post telling everybody how lame you think the line is, ok, but 6 of 'em? 10 of 'em?

Tycho, SW droids have very complicated shapes, getting them to look like SW vehicles would be a lot more difficult than humanoids. Battle Droids have nearly no size, R2's body is cylindrical, Droidekas are all spindly, none of that would translate well as a Transformer IMO.

Lord Malakite
01-27-2006, 10:11 PM
Droidekas are all spindly, none of that would translate well as a Transformer IMO.
How about a standard droideka that actually transforms into a rolling droideka. Too much common sense I suppose.:yes:

jedi master sal
01-28-2006, 04:36 AM
How about a standard droideka that actually transforms into a rolling droideka. Too much common sense I suppose.:yes:

Now THAT would be a transformer I would buy!!!

JediTricks
01-28-2006, 04:25 PM
How about a standard droideka that actually transforms into a rolling droideka. Too much common sense I suppose.:yes:That'd be great, but it's not a Transformer that way. Plus, Hasbro did try this in the Mega Action line, they took liberties with the transformation but it is pretty good none the less.

Lord Malakite
01-28-2006, 04:39 PM
That'd be great, but it's not a Transformer that way.
Neither is what they are doing now, its just a generic Star Wars tranformation line.;) For it to be official Star Wars Transformers it actually has to be the Transformer characters (Megatron, Prime, Star Scream, etc.) transforming into Star Wars vehicles.:D Probably would have made a better transition that way too than the "Lopan's Bodyguard" Chewbacca and "Power Rangers Battlizer" Han Solo we got.:p

JediTricks
01-28-2006, 04:47 PM
That's not an accurate statement, otherwise Transformers could never add new characters to their ranks, we wouldn't have Blurr or Scorponok or Demolishor or Rattrap or whatever.

Anyway, my point was that Transformers don't go from robot to rolled-up robot, they go from robot to an alternate "disguise" mode, which the rolled-up droideka ain't.

Lord Malakite
01-28-2006, 05:05 PM
That's not an accurate statement, otherwise Transformers could never add new characters to their ranks, we wouldn't have Blurr or Scorponok or Demolishor or Rattrap or whatever.
You get what I'm saying though, for them to be "official Transformers" they would either have to be existing Transformer characters or some new characters which are created to exist in the Transformer universe (even if they aren't specifically shown on the shows or comics). You wouldn 't consider Han or Chewie as existing in Transformer universe (or at least I hope you don't).

JediTricks
01-28-2006, 06:35 PM
No, but I wouldn't consider the Playskool Transformers part of the TF Universe either, yet they're still part of the Transformers brand.

CooLJoE
01-29-2006, 07:43 AM
I say kill the line. I've seen them in person and its crap.

I'm with the thoughts that the "robot" or "figure" mode should have been a robot with either an existing TF name or a new name altogether. Making the vehicles turn into SW characters is retarded IMO. They don't even look like the characters either.

I personally only collect the Alternators line, but I would definetely purchase the other TF lines before these SW abominations.

Thats my $0.02

abell748
01-29-2006, 08:25 AM
I personally think they are crap, but my 5 and 6 year old loves them. They both love the Falcon set and are already debating who gets which figure out of the set. I would question their judgement but they laughed and made fun of the choppers....:thumbsup:

lukesky27
01-29-2006, 09:37 AM
Interesting concept with the Falcon. I believe it is a good idea. The final product(in the picture) is awful looking. Not the ship, but Han and Chewie. These two could not look less like the actual characters and people are going to buy them. I have not bought a single SW TF, but I have looked over each one at the stores and at a friend's house. I just do not care for them.
Don't get me started on the Choppers or the Battlepacks...geesh, we lost the Unleashed line for those things? I would only buy one if they were stormtroopers...that's it! That's the list!! (Thanks Tony K.)

D

El Chuxter
01-29-2006, 04:53 PM
Back to the Droideka from the Jedi Force Jedi Action Mega Action series: misplace the directions, and it's completely useless. :(

highlander3000
01-29-2006, 09:00 PM
I got to play with the Vader TIE Fighter but never got a chance to buy one myself. I like the concept but agree that the Star Wars ships should transform into TF characters much like the TF characters in the G.I. Joe vs. Transformers comics. Joe and Cobra vehicles that turn into TF characters.

As for the Falcon. Ouch. The running joke on the TF message boards is that this should be called "Kama Sutra Han and Chewie." Which is just . . . wrong.

Also, how may of these are planned? I can think of the following:

Vader
Grievous
Anakin / Obi Wan
Luke
Boba / Jango Fett
Han and Chewie
Clone Trooper
Darth Maul

Is that all or are there more?

Tycho
01-29-2006, 10:07 PM
Yarna Dal Gargon will turn into the whole freakin Sail Barge

and

Wilrow Hood will turn into an Ice Cream Shuttle

Val Da Car
01-30-2006, 09:47 AM
Someone from Hasbro should show up at your house everyother week, kick you in the nuts, take a $20 bill out of your wallet, and point and laugh as they run away. It would sure beat tracking down all the crap they are spitting out at us. - Captain Spoon

Hey, I just bought 3 Snowtroopers that is the EXACT feeling I just got!

Oooh...the pain...

(crumpled on the floor in a heap)

JediTricks
01-30-2006, 05:35 PM
There are 12 SWTFs planned for '06.

stillakid
01-30-2006, 09:35 PM
You're looking at it all the wrong way. Clearly these things do transform...into pegwarmers!

Bwah ha ha! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

JediTricks
01-30-2006, 10:10 PM
Oh how clever... not accurate, but clever.

JEDIpartner
01-31-2006, 01:38 PM
I dunno... they are kinda pegwarming here at the stores I've seen them. The first allottment sold out and now they just sit...

BoShek
02-03-2006, 11:05 PM
I can't see the pictures. How bad is this really?

Turbowars
02-03-2006, 11:13 PM
I can't see the pictures. How bad is this really?OH it's bad, it's real bad. Imagine a really cool ship, but the transforming robot was designed in Poland. :yes:

Kidhuman
02-03-2006, 11:28 PM
Dude, thats funny.

Turbowars
02-03-2006, 11:31 PM
Thanks :thumbsup: I'm here all week and the week after that.:razz:

Kidhuman
02-03-2006, 11:32 PM
Dont forget your tip jar. <drops 2 nickles in it>

MaquisWarrior
05-22-2007, 09:56 PM
Why Why Why Was This One Made??

mabudonicus
05-23-2007, 11:32 AM
I do believe it was an attempt to completely seal off the toy sections in many stores with piles of nice cubes- the building-block shape of the packaging means you can stack them quite high and maintain structural sound-ness. I have seen some pretty impressive examples of such a technique for some time now in the local TRU and Wal Marts
:beard: Iso & Baws
Nerbler still hasn't figured out the Generale Greivus Transformre

El Chuxter
05-23-2007, 11:48 AM
Nerbler still hasn't figured out the Generale Greivus Transformre

Yeah he did. He said it was a pice of carp, and that's all there is to figure out.

TheCivilCollector
09-16-2007, 03:33 PM
IMHO, SW:TF are a GREAT idea done very, very wrong. When I first heard about them, I though "COOL- a Transformers style robot that turns into a Star Wars vehicle!!!!" Then I saw that the "robot" was a vein attempt to capture the likeness of a character. Bad call. The robot designs should have been much more out there so they would not have the constraints of making it look like Han or Chewie, for example. They're EU anyway, why not make the storyline that the "Allspark Cube" came into contact with a galaxy far, far away and gave sentient life to the iconic ships?

Still, there have been some cool ones. The Vader/Death Star is on my list, as is the Clone Trooper/Transport. I got the Obi/Jedi Starfighter which works surprisingly well.

If nothing else, they're great for kitbash fodder.

JediTricks
09-16-2007, 04:27 PM
They don't turn into TF characters because then Star Wars would be taking a back seat to TF, nobody cares that much about the kind of plane or truck that Starscream and Optimus Prime turn into, they just care about those characters. I cannot see Lucas letting Star Wars play second-fiddle to TF that way. How could the Star Wars story and characters even show through with that play pattern?

TheCivilCollector
09-16-2007, 04:56 PM
I cannot see Lucas letting Star Wars play second-fiddle to TF that way. How could the Star Wars story and characters even show through with that play pattern?

Just an idea. And I think you're misunderstanding what I mean. Introducing NEW characters (not a Starscream that turns into a TIE Fighter) in the form of transforming ships isn't much different than suggesting that established characters have been imbued suddenly with the ability to turn into an X-Wing. At least it certainly doesn't play second-fiddle to TF any more.

I explained how it could very comfortably fit into the story they started with this summer's movie. Takes a little imagination, but it's certainly no more ridiculous than Jedis, droids, and intergalactic bounty hunters.