PDA

View Full Version : Heroes of the Rebellion!!!

MandalorianMafia
01-26-2006, 08:30 PM
So.....

What's everyone's thought's on this? Chewie, Han, Leia, R2, C3PO, and Jar Jar?

Jar Jar????????????????????????????

I hope not....uggghhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hellboy
01-26-2006, 08:56 PM
I think we'll see the majority of the OT human hero characters done here. Unfortunately we'll have to wait until at least the next assortment for any villains. :(

I wonder, does this mean the Jedi assortment is now finished after 4 characters? I sure hope not, hopefully they keep both going.

Link for those interested.
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=heroesoftherebellion&source=012606news

Hellboy
01-26-2006, 09:10 PM
After reading SS's newsletter it seems the "Order of the Jedi" category will indeed continue. :pleased:

Also it was stated in the podcast that we should expect to see some Aliens in this new line. Hopefully Admiral Ackbar is on th short list.

jedibear
01-26-2006, 09:16 PM
This made me smile...
From the Sidehow description of "Heroes of the Rebellion"

"Even the extremely alien and the non-living droids had heroes in their midst, sometimes in spite of themselves, be they the accidentally brave Gungan Jar Jar Binks, hero of Naboo, or the perpetually flustered protocol droid C-3PO. By contrast, the bravery of such warriors as the mighty Wookiee Chewbacca or the plucky astromech R2-D2 became legend all over the galaxy and a beacon of hope to oppressed alien and droids everywhere. Bravery and heroism took many forms, but all left a legacy that would endure far beyond their own lifetimes."

Woo-boy...I can't wait to watch these boards melt down when Sideshow announces the next figure is...Jar Jar!

All the "Die Jar Jar!" haters will be dusting off their tired screeching and carry on like it's 1999...
As for me...I like the idea of an accurate, superbly detailed and carefully rendered version of the Gungun...

El Chuxter
01-26-2006, 09:25 PM
Jar Jar's not gotten much love lately. Maybe if we can get a Binksy, a Qui-Gon (which sorely needs revisiting in both 12" and 3.75" scales) won't be far behind.

Battle Droid
01-26-2006, 11:14 PM
Bboorriinngg, I want Villians! :twisted:

Sith Lord 0498
01-27-2006, 05:45 AM
While I'd love to get a 1/6 scale Han Solo and Leia Organa, I had really hoped the next series would be "Order of the Sith."

Darth Cruel
01-27-2006, 07:58 AM
Sideshow's newsletter confirms that the Jedi line will continue. We all have to keep in mind that Sideshow has broken down Star Wars into 5 lines. The beginning of a new line does not mean the end of another. Although I would guess that it could mean the slowing of others. But that is OK as long as they keep one or two coming a month and as long as I am able to get the exclusives of every one.

And I am looking forward to EVERY figure...including Jar Jar Binks. My only Hope is that they do him as Senator and not Gungun outcast. His lack of Popularity will hopefully make his exclusive version easy to get.

IG65
01-27-2006, 09:01 AM
Shouldn't Jar Jar be in the "Unwitting Tools of the Sith" line? :rolleyes:

AmanaMatt
01-27-2006, 11:04 AM
Jar Jar should never be made....total waste of plastic if they do.

Sith Lord 0498
01-27-2006, 04:15 PM
Sideshow's newsletter confirms that the Jedi line will continue. We all have to keep in mind that Sideshow has broken down Star Wars into 5 lines. The beginning of a new line does not mean the end of another. Although I would guess that it could mean the slowing of others. But that is OK as long as they keep one or two coming a month and as long as I am able to get the exclusives of every one.

And I am looking forward to EVERY figure...including Jar Jar Binks. My only Hope is that they do him as Senator and not Gungun outcast. His lack of Popularity will hopefully make his exclusive version easy to get.

What are the five lines?

So far, we have:

1) Order of the Jedi
2) Heroes of the Rebellion

An earlier podcast referred to a third line--"The Militaries of Star Wars"

What are the remaining two and can they even encapsulate the entire Star Wars Universe into five lines? Here's several I can think of off the top of my head, and it takes it beyond five.

4) Order of the Sith
5) Bounty Hunters and Rogues (Fetts, Greedo, etc.)
6) Droids of Star Wars
7) Politicians of the Republic (Padme, Bail, Mon Mothma, maybe even Chancellor Palpatine)
8) Expanded Universe

dr_evazan22
01-28-2006, 11:50 AM
What are the five lines?

An earlier podcast referred to a third line--"The Militaries of Star Wars"

4) Order of the Sith
5) Bounty Hunters and Rogues (Fetts, Greedo, etc.)
6) Droids of Star Wars
7) Politicians of the Republic (Padme, Bail, Mon Mothma, maybe even Chancellor Palpatine)
8) Expanded Universe

I'm looking forward to the Militaries of SW. Getting each of the trooper types made, Rebel, Republic, and Empire, hell, even the CIS.

Order of the Sith seems kinda limited, unless they decide to fold in some EU characters.

And isn't the first EU character going to be (groan) Snowbunny Padme(groan)?

DarkArtist
01-28-2006, 12:53 PM
I like to see what they could do with a R2 and perhaps Leia from ANH. I passed in these because of the price and the faces. I would love to see them so the premium format leia again but with the current $50 price tag.

Reefer Shark
01-28-2006, 02:33 PM
I like to see what they could do with a R2 and perhaps Leia from ANH. I passed in these because of the price and the faces. I would love to see them so the premium format leia again but with the current $50 price tag.

The Premium Format figures are quite bit different from the 12" line. Aside from being 1/4 scale (about 18"), they have more tailored outfits w/more acurate accessories made out of different media (metal, plastic, etc..). I doubt you'll ever see something like that with the $50 price tag.

With the Heroes of the Rebellion, I'm looking forward to what they do with Han and hopefully X-Wing pilot Luke. I'm also curious if they are going to do a Chewy, and if so, will it be fur or plastic?

Turbowars
01-28-2006, 03:35 PM
I remember SS saying they want to make Chewy and fur would be the way they would like to go. They just didn't know if they could pull it off.

I'd love a R2 with all the bells and whistles, I mean all. I want all the little doors to open and have a tool coming out. I want a correct Sensor Scope, saw, Bar set with glasses and a Holo Leia!

Sith Lord 0498
01-28-2006, 04:16 PM
Order of the Sith seems kinda limited, unless they decide to fold in some EU characters.

I can see these being the figures offered in a Sith line:

Darth Maul
Darth Tyranus
Darth Sidious
Darth Vader
Asajj Ventress

That's really all they'd need. Five figures is plenty for a subset of a 12 inch line.

Personally, I think they should further subdivide the Militaries of SW series into the following:

Republic (Various Episode II Clonetroopers)
Alliance (Rebel Fleet Troopers, Hoth Troopers, Endor Troopers, etc.)
Imperial (ROTS Clonetroopers, Stormtroopers, Snowtroopers, TIE Pilots, etc.)
Separatists (This may be difficult because they'd all be droids except Durge)

Darth Cruel
01-28-2006, 04:39 PM
The Premium Format figures are quite bit different from the 12" line. Aside from being 1/4 scale (about 18"), they have more tailored outfits w/more acurate accessories made out of different media (metal, plastic, etc..). I doubt you'll ever see something like that with the $50 price tag.

With the Heroes of the Rebellion, I'm looking forward to what they do with Han and hopefully X-Wing pilot Luke. I'm also curious if they are going to do a Chewy, and if so, will it be fur or plastic?

Seems to my like X-Wing Pilot Luke should be in the Militaries line. I don't know. Maybe not, because of the specific character. Still seems like he would fit better into the Militaries line. They are separating Jedi Luke from Tattooine Luke the same way. Putting Tattooine Luke in the Heroes of the Rebellion line.

jedibear
01-28-2006, 08:20 PM
...And I am looking forward to EVERY figure...including Jar Jar Binks. My only Hope is that they do him as Senator and not Gungun outcast. His lack of Popularity will hopefully make his exclusive version easy to get.

Actually that's a great suggestion...it would most likely be alot easier for SS to render him in his senator (or Padme's apartment) regellia as opposed to his "outcast" garb...as a "senator" they wouldn't have to address his body so much...just the head (with a properly extended neck...this was the awkward looking part of the Hasbro release), the forearms & the feet. With the level of detailing SS is doing, I think Jar Jar would look pretty cool and in one of his AOTC costumes, we'd get a chance to see SS tackle one of Bigger's more intricate designs...

I also agree with the observation from Sith Lord 0498...the "Militaries of SW" line...they really should think of subdividing it...and I shudder to think how intense it's going to be ordering those when they hit....

Turbowars
01-28-2006, 08:41 PM
If JarJar is made I hope he's an exclusive to another figure, because that's the only way I'd buy him. I guess I'll be saving 60 bucks, but oh no, I wont have a complete collection, whats one to do???:cross-eye :p

MandalorianMafia
01-28-2006, 08:53 PM
I agree...the upcoming military sets, should be segregated. So many to choose from, so much money to spend....uggghhh! It's worth it, though!

Darth Cruel
01-28-2006, 09:48 PM
I don't necessarily see any reason to separate the military lines. In fact one overall Star Wars line is really enough. I don't see any benefit in putting them in different lines at all.

Sith Lord 0498
01-28-2006, 10:06 PM
I don't necessarily see any reason to separate the military lines. In fact one overall Star Wars line is really enough. I don't see any benefit in putting them in different lines at all.

Separating them isn't so much a necessity as it is keeping it from sounding too overwhelming and to better group figures together. Here's a HYPOTHETICAL release schedule for each possibility:

"Militaries of Star Wars" (one massive series)

Imperial Stormtrooper - June 2006
Rebel Fleet Trooper - July 2006
Clonetrooper (AOTC) - August 2006
Royal Guard - September 2006
Federation Battle Droid - October 2006
Imperial Snowtrooper - November 2006
Imperial Officer (black vest) - December 2006
Hoth Rebel Soldier - January 2007
Naboo Soldier - February 2007
AT-AT Driver - March 2007
X-Wing Pilot - April 2007
Imperial Biker Scout - May 2007
Clonetrooper (ROTS) - June 2007

See how they're all over the Star Wars universe with this approach? Say you're a collector who only wants to collect military figures from the Rebel Alliance. You'd be waiting for a year to collect just THREE of them.

Now, here's an example of subdividing the line into smaller series. I'm basing this on the insinuation that the Order of the Jedi line will co-exist with the Heroes of the Rebellion line (basically, figures from both lines will be released concurrently).

"Military of the Empire"
Imperial Stormtrooper - June 2006
Royal Guard - August 2006
Imperial Snowtrooper - October 2006
Imperial Officer (black vest) - December 2006
AT-AT Driver - February 2007
Imperial Biker Scout - April 2007

"Military of the Rebel Alliance"
Rebel Fleet Trooper - July 2006
Hoth Rebel Soldier - September 2006
X-Wing Pilot - November 2006

"Military of the Republic"
Clonetrooper (AOTC) - June 2006
Naboo Soldier - August 2007
Clonetrooper (ROTS) - October 2007

"Military of the Separatists"
Federation Battle Droid - July 2006

With this approach, the different lines co-exist and are staggered slightly. It also allows more figures in each series to be released sooner. Keep in mind that they're shooting for a dozen figures a year. For that Rebel Alliance military completist, they can get those same three figures in five months (staggered sublines) as opposed to ELEVEN months if it was one massive line.

Yes, Sideshow could keep it as one massive line and release two figures per month in that line, but add that to the ongoing Jedi and Rebellion heroes lines and it'd be overload.

Just my two cents though...

Darth Cruel
01-28-2006, 10:27 PM
But why do they need to be grouped?

MandalorianMafia
01-28-2006, 10:33 PM
Grouped or not...I'm just glad someone picked up the 12 inch line. Sideshow looks to be doing a great job, so far!

Sith Lord 0498
01-29-2006, 02:27 AM
But why do they need to be grouped?

It could help collectors focus in on a certain part of Star Wars military or at least keep the line from jumping all over the place. I thought my previous post illustrated that possibility.

Besides, Sideshow is already grouping them..."Order of the Jedi", "Heroes of the Rebellion"... Why suddenly make this over-encompassing, uber-line?

Darth Cruel
01-29-2006, 09:56 AM
I guess the idea is just lost on me. If I want to collect only a certain subset of figures, say Jedi, then I only buy the Jedi and pass on everything else. I have always thought that changing the name of the line every year was arrgravating when Hasbro did it...particularly when they would repack an old figure on the new card and being the completist that I am...I would buy it. Also, there are so many people with so many ways to break down the collection, that common sense dictates that to be something that should be done at the collector's level.

Now, Hasbro didn't re-pack anything with the 12" (even though I would have been happy with seeing Battle Droids re-packed for EII and EIII) and Sideshow is effectively guaranteed of not doing that so frankly it doesn't bother me that they do separate them, and I wouldn't be bothered buy any way they decided to do it. In fact, the one thing I do like about it is that it will cause some difference in the packaging that will add some aesthetics to a display in a small way.

El Chuxter
01-29-2006, 03:49 PM
Asajj wouldn't fit in a Sith line. Of all the EU stories she's appeared in, I think in 95% of them, they mention the fact that Dooku refuses to train her in the Sith arts. She's only a half-trained Jedi who turned to the Dark Side because she thinks the Council is evil.

Darth Cruel
01-29-2006, 09:03 PM
Asajj wouldn't fit in a Sith line. Of all the EU stories she's appeared in, I think in 95% of them, they mention the fact that Dooku refuses to train her in the Sith arts. She's only a half-trained Jedi who turned to the Dark Side because she thinks the Council is evil.

I agree. I think she belongs in the rogues line. And even though he did have some training, I think Grievous belongs there as well. He leads the military, but like the Jedi and Sith...really isn't in the military. But then again, given the choice of lines...maybe he does go with the military. After everything is said and done...I don't care what line they put any of them in as long as they all get made.

Sith Lord 0498
01-29-2006, 09:07 PM

She could fit if the Sith line encompassed the actual Sith Lords and their Dark Side minions. While they have gone to great lengths to point out that Ventress wasn't a true Sith, she is close enough.

Anyways, this is all mere speculation based on our own personal opinions. Who knows what Sideshow will end up doing...just as long as they keep cranking out quality product!! :)

DarthChet
01-31-2006, 05:31 PM
All I know is I have no want, need, desire to get Jar Jar in any costume or clothing but I am happy they will be doing a Emp 4 Luke

Beast
02-02-2006, 07:39 PM
The Jar Jar figure will probably be the only one I do buy.
Hopefully they go with his AOTC's Senatorial Outfit from Padme's Apartment. :)
Though it will probably just be Episode I Jar Jar, given that's his more heroic look.

Turbowars
02-02-2006, 07:50 PM
What do you think the exclusive item will be. How about a noose? For himself of coarse. :hurt:

BlueSnags
02-02-2006, 08:06 PM
Jar Jar should never be made....total waste of plastic if they do.

I'd have to agree with that. The only way they could sell him is to make him a super-limited exclusive so some collectors and/or scalpers would buy it thinking it was a good investment (I still wouldn't buy it, though). I think the fact that Jar Jar was completely left out of Ep II and III says plain as day that Lucas and the licensees know he is not popular with the vast majority of fans.

Beast
02-02-2006, 08:33 PM
I'd have to agree with that. The only way they could sell him is to make him a super-limited exclusive so some collectors and/or scalpers would buy it thinking it was a good investment (I still wouldn't buy it, though). I think the fact that Jar Jar was completely left out of Ep II and III says plain as day that Lucas and the licensees know he is not popular with the vast majority of fans.
What movie did you watch, he had a big part in Episode II. And appeared in Episode III.

Hellboy
02-02-2006, 08:55 PM
I'd definitely buy a Jar Jar figure. The exclusive could be the collapsible droid that Jar Jar was fussing with in Watto's shop.

Beast
02-02-2006, 08:59 PM
I'd definitely buy a Jar Jar figure. The exclusive could be the collapsible droid that Jar Jar was fussing with in Watto's shop.
That's an excellent idea. :)

BlueSnags
02-02-2006, 10:12 PM
What movie did you watch, he had a big part in Episode II. And appeared in Episode III.

Well, you're entitled to your opinion. Nothing wrong with that. Some would disagree that he played a big part in AOTC. Some would agree. I think most of us agree that he was in ROTS for three seconds. And I think most of us would agree that a Sideshow 12" Jar Jar figure would not be a good seller under normal circumstance. :laugh:

IG65
02-03-2006, 08:42 AM
Some would disagree that he played a big part in AOTC. Some would agree.

Big part or not, he was duped into introducing the motion that allowed the Republic to trade its freedom and civil liberties for 'security'. That's gotta be worth at least one figure :thumbsup:

Darth Cruel
02-03-2006, 02:14 PM
Well, you're entitled to your opinion. Nothing wrong with that. Some would disagree that he played a big part in AOTC. Some would agree. I think most of us agree that he was in ROTS for three seconds. And I think most of us would agree that a Sideshow 12" Jar Jar figure would not be a good seller under normal circumstance. :laugh:

Cool! If only a handfull of us want him, then his exclusive will be easier to get! And I hope the exclusive item is a gasser (which he "boomed") or the Boss' hayblibber (which he "crashened", and subsequently got banished for)!

El Chuxter
02-03-2006, 02:19 PM
That would be a seriously undersized heyglibber, since it's the Gungan equivalent of a luxury car. ;)

Darth Cruel
02-03-2006, 02:32 PM
That would be a seriously undersized heyglibber, since it's the Gungan equivalent of a luxury car. ;)

Yeah, but my motto is: Ask for the world, they can only say "No".

EC - Your avatar reminds me of a custome Qui-Gon I saw at Frank-n-Scalpers' shortly after EI. It was a custom of Qui-Gon after his fight with Darth Maul and had the X's on his eyes and a hole burned through his chest and Darth Maul's lightsaber protruding from it. The same guy had a custom of Obi-Wan after Darth Vader killed him, it was just a cloak and a lightsaber hilt on a custom vintage card with the pic of Darth Vader poking at Obi-Wan's robes with his feet. I laughed about those for days.

Turbowars
02-14-2006, 10:06 PM
No need to worry about a 12" SS figure of JarJar. SS stated in a chat that JarJar is on their will NOT make list! What great News!:yes:

Darth Cruel
02-15-2006, 06:59 AM
I hope someday they change their minds. He wouldn't have to be a priority in my mind. But I am a fan of everything about the movies, good and bad. I would like to see EVERY character made eventually.

JediTricks
02-15-2006, 03:58 PM
Jar Jar was one of Hasbro's better 12" figures, as I remember it. Nobody wanted the guy, but it seemed to be a good likeness and outfit.

Turambar
02-16-2006, 02:16 PM
I agree with that, JT. Actually, I think all of the gungans were relatively well done in Hasbro's 12" line. I dont know if it was the simplicity of the features that translated better to a toy, or what, but they all had a good likeness.

I certainly have no interest an any gungan (or any prequel figure, for that matter) SS would make, and I really dont know how Jarjar would be considered a hero of the rebellion. . . but overall, I'm really glad SS picked up this line as collectors should see quality figures of whatever line they choose to purchase.

dr_evazan22
02-16-2006, 02:28 PM
Besides JJB, the Capt Tarpals continues to be one of my fav's from the 12" line.

JediTricks
02-16-2006, 03:32 PM
Yeah, that Tarpals set is pretty decent. I remember back in the day I found the Jar Jar figure at an early release, I bought it along with something else, and as soon as I got outside the store I looked at it and realized I *really* didn't want the Jar Jar and took him back. When I found Tarpals w/ Kaadu I had no such feeling (the set was on clearance which helped).

Turbowars
02-16-2006, 06:59 PM
It might had helped that Tarpals wasn't a moron like JJB.:pleased:

JediTricks
02-17-2006, 02:31 PM
It might had helped that Tarpals wasn't a moron like JJB.:pleased: You know, I think it just *might*. :D

Tarpals also had a better outfit and his plastic wasn't as translucent and he had a weapon.

2-1B
02-17-2006, 11:11 PM
I love my 12" JJB fig, one of my favorites. :)