PDA

View Full Version : KBToys.com is catching on to Titanium!

Warstar
01-30-2006, 04:35 AM
http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/4715847/ctid/17/INstock/Y/D/

FINALLY! :D

Of course it's sold out because I think I just bought the last one ;)

However, if they offer one ship and it sells out they may offer more!

We may be saved from scalpers after all! :D

(To even things out for shipping, I picked up a Star Wars Transformers Darth Vader- it's stocked there, too! And a Darth Vader EVA lite- so that amounts to $1.96 per item meaning $6.95 for the Vulture- but that's $2 I saved on gas to hunt it :p)

If anyone else spots Titaniums on major retailer sites for cheap, post 'em here!

Blue2th
01-30-2006, 07:59 PM
Speaking of cheap Titaniums, when are the 2-packs or two for the price of one packs supposed to hit the stores? Did I miss them or are they yet to be released? And are they going to be exclusives? I wonder if they will have the older packaging. Even though I have a Galoob blue tie, I missed the Walmart single pack one and the Slave 1. Now I find out from your List Warstar, that there are slight variations.

Warstar
01-31-2006, 01:15 AM
2 for 1 packs? 2 packs? Haven't heard of them personally...

Yeah, mini-variations abound. If you get the latest 5-pack with the Raw-Metal Falcon you can get your TIE Fighter (if you need one opened).

The Slave 1 can be bought with the remaining 5-Pack version 2 on Wal-Mart.com:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4179943

The Slave 1 in that pack has a slight variation from the Wave 1 version though (as far as canopy darkness is concerned). It's not as black as shown there but it is tinted very dark.

Good luck! :D

Blue2th
01-31-2006, 08:55 AM
I was searching and trying to remember where I saw them. I found the news in Rebelscum Archive, dated Dec. 21st. There are pictures. Looks like the vehicles are from the first Walmart wave. Searched RS forums and no one there seems to know when or where they might be released, though I would assume it would be Walmart. Sorry, I don't know how to post the link, as I am a novice at the computer.

Blue2th
01-31-2006, 06:22 PM
Here's a tasty tidbit. While I was ordering The 22 inch Neca Balrog at AFX Action Figure Xpress (they had the best price) I was browsing the Star Wars section. They had cases of the Titaniums for 46.99. Now that beats the retail price and also the 71.99 price at EE. They had wave 5 for pre-order. Has anyone dealt with these guys? (AFX) Seems too good to be true. Hope I don't get took on the Balrog. Thinking about ordering a wave 5 case, but wanted to check to see if anyone had a bad experience with them.

Warstar
01-31-2006, 07:41 PM
Cut and paste the link to them in your web browser in a reply here...this sounds interesting.

I've been eye-balling that Balrog for a long time, too, but $100? And no guarantee release yet? Argh.

Can't justify it...yet :p

EE has good pics of the waves though.

Warstar
01-31-2006, 07:50 PM
Here's the link:

http://www.shopafx.com/stwati.html

My God those prices ARE almost too good to be true!

I wish I had a credit card free!

Wow...

I'd order their wave "U" and "L" personally...

JediTricks
02-02-2006, 09:53 PM
Their prices on the full cases of Titanium Ultras are also a deal, while the price for half-cases of the Ultras are not, so I'm guessing they are accurate prices for the Titanium Series 3" but I wouldn't expect it to stay that way. I've also never dealt with AFX so I have no idea if they're ok or not.

shinakuma43
02-02-2006, 11:05 PM
AFX has been around for years, they had another name but changed it about five or so years ago, anyways, I've bought from them many times and have never had a problem. I never even thought to check them for the Titaniums before I was stupid enough to order from Entertainmentearth.com. Oh well, hopefully next time I remember, lol.

Later,
S43

Warstar
02-07-2006, 08:46 PM
KB had the last laugh.

They ran out of Vultures and cancelled that part of my order...:(

Oh well- I wanted the Vader TF and that lamp anyway...

Now off to hunt the Vulture Droid...again...still...:cry:

Warstar
02-17-2006, 03:54 AM
VINDICATION!

...and if you're missing an Imp. Shuttle, you can get one here too:

www.toysrus.com

Search for Star Wars Titanium

Thing is, shipping is $4+ for one Titanium ship...so that's $10+ per ship unless you get more than one.

I got my Vulture though (I had a gift certificate) ;)

Good luck!

Warstar
03-28-2006, 05:34 PM
KB has the latest wave in- including the UGH Slave 1 as of 3:35 PM Mountain Time today, 3/28/06! (http://www.kbtoys.com/Results.html?_e=4429b&_v=4429BA926rYZa03B321A040C&formFirstTime_hdrsearchKBhead=Y&textSearch=1&FirstSearch=YES&previous_keywords=&D=star+wars+titanium&place=ajnv&formState=&formInfo=T%7CD%7C0%7C255&formMap=)

Get 'em while they're THERE! :D

Shipping for 2 ships was $4.33 to me, which means about $16+ for 2 of them (I need an Obi-Wan's Starfighter and BR Falcon to open)

$8+ a ship with shipping? That seemed a bit steep to me

Still- it's a GOOD deal for those who can't find the UGH Slave 1's to save their lives!

Good luck :)

LTBasker
03-29-2006, 02:11 AM
Bummer, I missed it by almost 12 hours. That would've been a great price to get it, but I'm confident I'll be able to find it in store and at least there I don't have to worry as much about one getting damaged during shipping. KB's packing methods are pretty lacking...

ascmclarencoupe
03-29-2006, 09:20 AM
Sorry, double post, see below.

ascmclarencoupe
03-29-2006, 09:28 AM
It looks like you can buy it from the source now.

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/ProductsByBrand.htm?BR=793&SBR=388&ID=17473&PG=1

Being new to the collector scene I'm not getting the "Ultimate Galactic Hunt" labeling on this piece when there seems to be plenty available based on how many are showing up on ebay and now on Hasbro's site as well.
It seems like it would a much more exclusive piece with that type of marketing. Or is that all it is, just a marketing thing?

Warstar
03-29-2006, 06:09 PM
Honestly? At 2 per case in Mass Retail Wave 5? I'd call it ALL marketing. They're trying to make it rare but failing miserably.

Tell you what, though- I have only seen the CW Gunship deco at retail ONCE since it was released back in January- now THAT'S rare! :p