PDA

View Full Version : Star Destroyer Technical

BountyHunterScum
01-30-2006, 06:25 AM
I did this in about 5 mins. Assuming the pictures provided were acurate.

I shrunk the ISD picture down just for spite. after i painted over the other ships

http://www.geocities.com/james31278/EXECUTOR_Comparing.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/james31278/StarDestroyers.gif

Kidhuman
01-30-2006, 08:36 AM
Interesting, I like the 10.5 to 1 pic(link 1).

BountyHunterScum
01-30-2006, 09:51 AM
Interesting, I like the 10.5 to 1 pic(link 1).

Regardless of length its still a Super Star Destroyer though. The Executor Is 5 times the size but 10 times the length. Officially now 12 times the length on SW.com.

Slicker
01-30-2006, 11:19 AM
I've gotten my info from the Decipher cards which state that the Executor was 8 kilometers long. I'm not quite sure about the regular ISD though but I've heard of the Executor being about 6-7 times larger or something like that.

Exhaust Port
01-30-2006, 12:06 PM
I take it you got your information from this...

http://mijnkopthee.nl/images/space_comparison_chart_huge.jpeg

Cool chart.

JimJamBonds
01-30-2006, 12:42 PM
Cool chart there EP.

Deoxyribonucleic
01-30-2006, 01:16 PM
I take it you got your information from this...

http://mijnkopthee.nl/images/space_comparison_chart_huge.jpeg

Cool chart.

I love how the Executor dwarfs everything! It's my all time fav space limo!

BountyHunterScum
01-30-2006, 02:07 PM
That chart is off B5 is 5 miles long. They say it every single time at the beginning of the show. It says 5.2 miles but doesnt acurately show it, if it did the station would be exactly half the Executor's length.

Exhaust Port
01-30-2006, 03:31 PM
It seems right to me. Putting 2 B5's back to back and it ends up being just about as long as the SSD. With the numbers given the SSD is still 576 meters longer than 2xB5's. I would assume that the claim of a 5 mile long B5 would include the spear off the front. Same as we see with building measurements, they include the spire at the top.

Here's a comparison of 2 back to back B5's and the SSD. I put them so the front spear of the first is touching the engine of the second.

BountyHunterScum
01-30-2006, 04:10 PM
Who in there right mind builds a ship that long. Emperor nor Vader can get it up so they deal with it by building a 10+ mile long ship.

JediTricks
01-30-2006, 05:10 PM
Well, I just cued up the first scene with the SSD, and I guess it is that big. I don't think it can be 5 times as big at this length, it has to be more because it's thicker and wider than the ISDs so even if the length were the only new factor that'd still make it 10 times as large as an ISD. I also cued up the ROTJ scene during the first part of the space battle and the SSD seems to be about 8 times as wide as an ISD and 3 times as tall. This is all somewhat subjective as they're optical effects.

BountyHunterScum
01-30-2006, 07:51 PM
Well, I just cued up the first scene with the SSD, and I guess it is that big. I don't think it can be 5 times as big at this length, it has to be more because it's thicker and wider than the ISDs so even if the length were the only new factor that'd still make it 10 times as large as an ISD. I also cued up the ROTJ scene during the first part of the space battle and the SSD seems to be about 8 times as wide as an ISD and 3 times as tall. This is all somewhat subjective as they're optical effects.

Yep the ship looks different in size in multiple scenes, like in the throne room slot window. I'm not worried about the size but I loathe the name star dreadnought.

Slicker
01-30-2006, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I heard Star Dreadnought the first time in that thread the other day and it just doesn't sound right. I've always heard of the Executor as being a Super Class Star Stardestroyer or even an Executor Class but never Star Dreadnought.

BountyHunterScum
01-30-2006, 09:44 PM
Yeah, I heard Star Dreadnought the first time in that thread the other day and it just doesn't sound right. I've always heard of the Executor as being a Super Class Star Stardestroyer or even an Executor Class but never Star Dreadnought.

I first saw it in the Inside the Worlds of Star Wars book by DK. The main author is a novel writer name James Lucerno and the consultant is curtis saxton the guy famous for wanting to change everything in star wars to suit his point of view. I bought the thin version but i dont think i'll be buying anymore of their stuff. One I will avoid is buying books that curtis saxton is involved with. all the real star wars fans agree that its not a star dreadnought, the sheep go with anything fed to them. If you look at the wikipedia article its overrun with the sheep. Regarding the Geoffrey Mandel blueprints, I emailed him and asked him why nothing star wars was on his site, he said he never worked on star wars or for lucasfilm that the blueprints were a fan effort. Also that the name Imperator was never official Saxton decided to grab Imperator and make a dash for the inzone like this is football. the fact that Imperator isnt an official debunks anything Saxton has said about the name itself, the new bs story is that Imperator was a prototype name for the Imperial Class Star Destroyers. The wikipedia article says the keeper of the holocron blog confirms the star dreadnought title, completely untrue I looked it up multiple times just to be sure. Not one word about it all, the only thing Leeland Chan's blog talks about is the length dispute. Unless this star dreadnought thing is so far deep it can't be found by search engines, which I seriously doubt. The command tower shield generator globes being sensors info came from Mandel's fan blueprints so thats also debunked.

BountyHunterScum
01-31-2006, 06:52 PM
Another site for missinformation is theforce.net's unofficial encyclopedia, since they host his fan fiction site they of course provide a place for his ficitional information. :D I just looked at it they dont list Imperial class they have Imperator class.

DarkArtist
02-01-2006, 08:00 PM
I love Star Destroyers. I have been looking for the Revell Republic Star Destroyer Model as well an a Imperial Star Destroyer Model to display. I'm actually writing a book now, mainly for myself and friends, and in the book I designed a new Destroyer class known as the Executor Class. Taken from the name of Vader's personal Star Destroyer, this new class is five times the size of the Super Class Star Destroyer and has docking clamps for two Victory Class Star Destoyers.

BountyHunterScum
02-02-2006, 06:25 AM
The Executor Is Executor Class.

DarkArtist
02-02-2006, 10:31 AM
The Executor Is Executor Class.

Hmmm, I thought that the the Executor was just considered to be a Super Class Star Destroyer, my bad.

Slicker
02-02-2006, 10:55 AM
I've heard both really. It may be more so the Executor class much like our Navy names the class of ship after the first of it's kind (i.e. Arleigh Burke class cruisers are named after the first one of that design as are the Nimitz class carriers).

BountyHunterScum
02-02-2006, 12:47 PM
Well Lucasfilm never actually used the real life naval first ship name as a class I don't think. The class is just speculation, on alot of our parts. Lucasfilm doesn't seem interested in covering all avenues of Technical so certain overzealous fans like curtis saxton can basically mess with anything they want.