PDA

View Full Version : What foods make your stomach retaliate?

Deoxyribonucleic
01-30-2006, 05:41 PM
I'm sitting here with a stomach ache, like someone just plopped down and decided to use it as a seat! I realize it's because I ate EGGS. I knew I shouldn't because I knew hurt me bad and maybe worse later on tonight, but they just looked so good. So I'm just wondering, who else has a temperamental stomach and what kind of food just doesn't fit?

Eggs
Fast food (of any kind)
Avacados :(
Iceberg lettuce
Beef

I'm sure there's more. I'll post 'em as soon as I eat 'em and my stomach retaliates.

CaptainSolo1138
01-30-2006, 06:45 PM
Taco Bell and sauerkraut make my butt retaliate.

I don't have a super weak stomach, so unless food is just flat out BAD I'm usually in pretty good shape.

James Boba Fettfield
01-30-2006, 06:48 PM
Bananas

I spent two days testing my banana = upset stomach theory. Wake up, eat a banana, some time later I felt like a food baby needed to be born but it wasn't coming. I tried this about six times over those two days, so I'm pretty certain bananas and I will no longer be friends.

JediTricks
01-30-2006, 06:57 PM
I can't take vitamin/mineral suppliments that have iron, it makes me throw up, so if I eat too much spinach (it has to be a lot, like 3 salad's worth), I start to feel queasy. As I get older, I am having a harder time digesting dairy products and they sometimes give me painful gas. I hope I don't become lactose intolerant, but it does run in my family - my mother also has a food sensitivity to wheat which is in nearly everything, so I *really* hope I don't get that.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-30-2006, 06:58 PM
I have an iron stomach--the only thing that will make me queasy is my dad's homemade spaghetti sauce. I don't know all the ingredients, but it's watery and he puts in a witch's brew of spicy stuff and peppers. It does almost as much torture to my stomach as swallowing a tack would. The good news it is guaranteed to stop constipation. :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
01-30-2006, 07:05 PM
My stomach can take just about anything (assuming I'm not allergic to it), but large quantities of cheese (as in a 1/2 burger with 3 slices of cheese and a few generous squirts of liquid cheese) is h-e-double-l on my colon.

Also, eating almost exclusively BK for several weeks to get a bunch of toys is h-e-double-l on my colon, too.

Slicker
01-30-2006, 08:17 PM
The thing that makes my stomach go is vegetables. No vegetable in particular but ALL of them, except for potatos, raw carrots, and corn on the cob but not in the can and that's IT. Strange I know but is it any different than someone being a vegetarian?

timmae
01-30-2006, 09:51 PM
vinegarry foods as steamed crabs go though me quickly. the leftover frozen and reheated chili i had tonight is not feeling to good though. eating cheaply dosen't seem to pay off, does it?

Kidhuman
01-30-2006, 09:57 PM
Well any food really. I have diverticulitus, which basically means I could eat the same food for 6 weeks in a row and be fine, then the next day I have it bad. It sucks, butI eat what I want because it can happen at anytime and if it is going to hurt, I might as well enjoy it going in.

LusiferSam
01-30-2006, 10:00 PM
I use to have a pretty hardy stomach, but after getting giardia in college I was left with sensitive tummy. Iceberg lettuce is the one thing I that cause problems. Which is ok because I've always hated the stuff. Nothing else comes to mind because I've never seen a pattern with other foods.

Although not a food, any herbal supplements with golden rod is a no-no for me. 18 to 20 hours after take the stuff I get a nose bleed. I'm prone to nose bleeds and anything that helps cause them is on the do not take list.

- my mother also has a food sensitivity to wheat which is in nearly everything, so I *really* hope I don't get that.
Mine too. She just found this out about 2 years ago and is a huge pain. I tend to take after my mom (more than my dad), so I'm real worried this could happen to me. But I have yet to have had any of the symptoms she could, so I'm hopeful.

JediTricks
01-30-2006, 10:19 PM
The "writhing on the floor in pain for hours" thing seems like the symptom I don't want, though if the sensitivity gets really advanced the "scarring of the intestines leading to an inability to extract nutrients from food" thing can actually kill you. What really sucks is that on ingredient lists it's not just called "wheat", there's also "flour" and the most common ingredient listing (it's in nearly everything) "modified food starch" - even some sodas have MFS! I'll take the moderate cramping and diarrhea from lactose intolerance over that any day.

Bobby Fett
01-30-2006, 11:50 PM
I haven't found anything yet that I can't handle. I may not particularly like it, but I can eat it. Comes from growing up poor.

bobafrett
01-31-2006, 12:09 AM
It isn't a food that bothers me, but ice tea. While attending a Cubs game in my youth, I drank lots of ice tea because it was hot that day in the ballpark. I ended up vomiting it all up, and now if I so much as smell ice tea, I get a sick feeling.

Since we are on the subject of weak stomachs, a freind of mine and I were walking along Lake Michigan. I owed the guy around $100 and he turns to me and says, pointing at some brownish trash laden foam in the lake, "If you pick up and eat a handful of that foam, I will erase your debt". I immediatly began to dry heave, and he laughed about it, and told me he didn't really intend on me to go get the foam, he just knew that I would visulize myself doing so, and would get the reaction I did. I still can't tell that story in person as I begin to dry heave just telling it.

jjreason
01-31-2006, 01:05 AM
I have an aversion also - but it's because I "overindulged" on my 19th birthday. I can't have hot wings or Doritos Cool Ranch chips ever again (yet somehow I've managed to keep a dose or two of tequila down over the years, and it was that filthy concoction that caused my illness in the first place).

figrin bran
01-31-2006, 01:42 AM
lobster and crab make me vomit

UKWildcat
01-31-2006, 08:54 AM
My stomach is pretty solid. The only thing that really upsets it is Papa John's pizza. Any other pizza is fine, but for some reason, Papa John's goes right through it. I'll eat it anyways, but afterwards... you better look out.

Jargo
01-31-2006, 10:13 AM
seafood of any kind, green beans, cold meats, cream of chicken soup, yoghurt, gristle on meat, malt, yeasty stuff. and ice cream. and cake with frosting. and lumpy custard or custard with a skin on the top. and fried or poached eggs and runny boiled eggs and porridge, and milk puddings and fake meat like textured soya protein burgers. and human blood.:whip:

Kidhuman
01-31-2006, 10:42 AM
My stomach is pretty solid. The only thing that really upsets it is Papa John's pizza. Any other pizza is fine, but for some reason, Papa John's goes right through it. I'll eat it anyways, but afterwards... you better look out.

Papa Johns, Dominoes, Pizza Hutt....all kill me no matter my stomach condition. I think you should stick it in the toilet, because thats wher eit will end up in five minutes.

CaptainSolo1138
01-31-2006, 10:45 AM
Bacardi 151. There's a couple people on the boards who should probably tell the story, since I wasn't conscious.

dr_evazan22
01-31-2006, 01:12 PM
Papa John's pizza eaten in conjunction with the peppers they include give me really bad gas, and my stomach quivers a little. Denny's sausage.

And I haven't been able to drink straight tequila since Dec '96. That was the first time I'd ever gotten sick drinking. Thanksfully I can still enjoy it in Margarita's.

JediTricks
01-31-2006, 03:00 PM
My sister once made me mac & cheese with beef, gave me the worst food poisoning I've ever had in my life, for about 10 years after I couldn't even look at mac & cheese, now I'm ok with it but still kinda feel sick thinking about mac & beef.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-31-2006, 06:44 PM
Also, some sweetners like Aspartame have been known to wreak havoc on my intestines. We serve a Fat Free No Sugar Added custard at our family business and that stuff will clear me out as much as drinking Drano would. Our Sugar Free Hot Fudge does come with a warning label that says "May have a laxative effect on some people!" :ninja:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-31-2006, 06:47 PM
My bowels work pretty fast. However, some fast food makes them work even faster, particularly Taco Bell. But I'll forgive it since it's delicious. :love:

Slicker
01-31-2006, 06:58 PM
Bacardi 151. There's a couple people on the boards who should probably tell the story, since I wasn't conscious.Yeah, but that wasn't fair. They kept shoving it down.

My bowels work pretty fast. However, some fast food makes them work even faster, particularly Taco Bell. But I'll forgive it since it's delicious. :love:I hear that. Taco Bell doesn't coarse through me quite as fast as most but at least when it does I get some quality reading time.

Rocketboy
01-31-2006, 08:48 PM
Yeah, but that wasn't fair. They kept shoving it down.When you say THEY, I know you aren't talking about me. I only saw the 2nd double shot go down. I didn't know there was a first one until after.

And I still think CS1138 ate some sort of pasta or macaroni earlier that day.

InsaneJediGirl
02-01-2006, 12:02 AM
If I eat a lot of dairy,especially before bed,really really bad things happen.Not as bad as it was when I was in my early teens,but I just keep on a side of caution anyways. Anything greasy doesnt agree with me,especially beef or something fried.

Other than that,I can eat almost anything without getting sick.

CaptainSolo1138
02-01-2006, 08:30 AM
And I still think CS1138 ate some sort of pasta or macaroni earlier that day.I think it was a curly fry from Hooters. Or part of my small intestine.

Slicker
02-01-2006, 08:37 AM
I think it was a curly fry from Hooters. Or part of my small intestine.Then that was one MONSTER A55 curly fry.

CaptainSolo1138
02-01-2006, 08:55 AM
Then that was one MONSTER A55 curly fry.
Which furthers my theory that I'm now missing part of a major organ.

Rocketboy
02-01-2006, 11:11 AM
Which furthers my theory that I'm now missing part of a major organ.You last that when you said "I do."

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Well, the Crunchwrap Supreme is back at Taco Bell. Looks like I'm gonna have me some diarrhea tonight. :D

CaptainSolo1138
02-01-2006, 09:37 PM
Well, the Crunchwrap Supreme is back at Taco Bell. Do you like those? I think something tastes "off" about them.

LusiferSam
02-01-2006, 09:52 PM
I totally forgot about French Onion soup. Some types of French Onion soup just give me terrible gas. I'm talking bad, like worst than dog that's eaten rancid chili. The kind that feels like they'd light on their own and/or you're a human flame thrower. It's not just one air ripping burst either, try one about any five minute. And you know its bad when you can't put up with the stench. Thanks goodness I didn't have a roommate last time this happened.

Kidhuman
02-01-2006, 10:59 PM
Do you like those? I think something tastes "off" about them.

I neevr had one of those, but I just ate a Mexican Pizza and I am about to make sauce....hehehehe

El Chuxter
02-01-2006, 11:17 PM
Man, Taco Bell used to be the best friend of a broke-arse cheapskate. But now, man, it makes my wallet retaliate. No joke: Mrs Chuxter and I went in a Taco Bell with $10 about a year ago, and we couldn't figure out any combination of food we could afford for that amount that would actually constitute two full meals. So we went to McDonald's instead and got two full meals and had enough money to go cow-tipping afterward.

Rocketboy
02-01-2006, 11:58 PM
Well, the Crunchwrap Supreme is back at Taco Bell. Looks like I'm gonna have me some diarrhea tonight. :DThose are like crack. I've been craving them since I saw the new commercials.

Do you like those? I think something tastes "off" about them.Dude, those are my version of your Cheesey Gordita Crunch.
:thumbsup:

Lord Malakite
02-02-2006, 12:02 AM
Last time I went to Taco Bell I only did so to try the new Dew flavor: Baja Blast. Quite tasty, I only wish I could get it in stores.

As for food problems, tomato sauce from spaghetti gives me heartburn sometimes and eggs sometimes make me cramp up gassy. Other than that and the minor adjustment between college and home food during the first week back at either, I'm fine.

Exhaust Port
02-02-2006, 11:06 AM
I had issues with a number of food items for years until it was discovered that I had a bacterial infection. The stomach issues grew beyond just bad stomach/food reactions which got me going to the doctor looking for an answer. I had H. Pylori and after a "wonderful" 7 day drug schedule the bacteria was gone and I found that a lot of the foods that gave me "problems" no longer were an issue.

There is still one food that I won't eat due to 2 bad reactions years and years ago and that is biscuits with sausage gravy. Man, I love that stuff but I would pay for it in such a huge way that I won't ever risk it again.

JediTricks
02-02-2006, 07:56 PM
I forgot about this one, El Pollo Loco's bbq black beans are mega-tasty, but nearly always give me, as well as others in my family, the worst gas of all time.

Also, some sweetners like Aspartame have been known to wreak havoc on my intestines. We serve a Fat Free No Sugar Added custard at our family business and that stuff will clear me out as much as drinking Drano would. Our Sugar Free Hot Fudge does come with a warning label that says "May have a laxative effect on some people!" :ninja:Sorbitol, Mannitol, and Xylitol are sugar-free sweeteners that have a laxative effect, mainly because they ARE: they're baby laxative.

Do you like those? I think something tastes "off" about them.Not enough cheese/cheese-sauce.

Exhaust Port
02-02-2006, 08:46 PM
Congrats on your 14,000'th posting. Bad gas and baby laxitives!! Nice. :D

CaptainSolo1138
02-02-2006, 09:19 PM
Not enough cheese/cheese-sauce.
I think that's it. All I can taste is lettuce and the wax excuses for tomatoes that they use. Also, I'm not a fan of the soft and hard shell. The Cheesy Gordita Crunch (my favorite!) is different because of the extra layer of cheese. That tends to soften up the hard shell and make it somewhat soggy.

Now thems good eats!

JediTricks
02-02-2006, 10:45 PM
Yikes EP, I didn't even notice, I very likely wouldn't have posted about that as my 14,000th! :D

Sentinel18725
02-02-2006, 11:20 PM
Well, I love spicy food but sometimes, I just can't stop making it spicy. Doesn't help a few hours later.