PDA

View Full Version : Titanium Boba Fett(merged)

MajikNinja
01-09-2006, 05:56 PM
Anyone got pics of the boba fett without the helmet?

starwarsfan1
01-09-2006, 06:26 PM
I didnt know the helmet was removeable

Sith Lord 0498
01-09-2006, 06:45 PM
I didnt know the helmet was removeable

If you look at the high resolution pics posted on other sites, the bottom front of the packaging for both Fett and Vader say "Removable helmet"

I wonder if the faces are going to be die-cast metal too. If so, I'm not so sure how good it'd look.

Slicker
01-09-2006, 07:20 PM
I wonder if the faces are going to be die-cast metal too. If so, I'm not so sure how good it'd look.I would have to think the face and helmet both would be plastic. If the face is metal with paint on it putting on and taking the helmet off even a couple of times will decimate the paint on the face whereas plastic on plastic will keep the paint looking good for some time.

BespinLobot
01-09-2006, 08:08 PM
I'd bet the farm that those packages are only pre-production mock-ups. More than likely, they just took Vader's package and tweaked a few colors to make Boba's. They probably forgot or didn't bother to change the script on the side saying "removeable helmet". The final production package will likely have something like "includes blaster!" I highly doubt that this will be, nor will we ever get, a "Boba Fett w/ removeable helmet."

JEDIpartner
01-18-2006, 09:35 AM
These stink anyhow...

Jayspawn
01-18-2006, 09:55 AM
I didnt know the helmets were removable either. But they really stink anyways, its another ploy by Hasbro to repaint a figure, give it a higher price tag and hope we'll buy it. Like those Target Exclusive 'Lava Reflection" figures that rotted on shelves only to ever be bought by foolish collectors with low standards and those who scooped them up on clearance for $3.25.

I'll be passing on them.

JEDIpartner
01-18-2006, 03:15 PM
The details are so "soft" looking on these and that's what really ruins it. I mean, the metal, in combination with plastic and cloth accessories just doesn't blend very well.

MajikNinja
01-18-2006, 03:34 PM
nice way to change the subject... anyone got pics of the helmets off yet... or hard evidence that they are not removable... i dont care if you think they are or not... i want proof

TheDarthVader
01-18-2006, 04:19 PM
Here you go
oh I thought you said you wanted "poof"! as in yareal poof! :D

B.
TDV

JEDIpartner
01-19-2006, 09:22 AM
oh I thought you said you wanted "poof"! as in yareal poof! :D

You ig. lol

Battle Droid
01-26-2006, 08:08 PM
http://www.mintinbox.net/Actus/06-01/titanium-proto/

Turbowars
01-26-2006, 10:11 PM
Well, there's your proof Ninja. :rolleyes:

What do you think guys, Ninja's a bit too new to be spouting off at the mouth.:yes:

starwarsfan1
01-26-2006, 10:11 PM
Wow. So it is true. I might have to get this. It looks sweet.:D

Turbowars
01-26-2006, 10:15 PM
I don't know about looking sweet. I think the plastic versions look much nicer and cost a hell of a lot less.

Darth Cruel
01-27-2006, 04:52 PM
I couldn't get the link to work. Are these things articulated?

Turbowars
01-27-2006, 08:13 PM
Vader's arms are articulated, but don't know about his legs. There's no sign that Fett has any Artic, but you never know. Both figures have removable helmets and have plastic heads.

JediTricks
01-27-2006, 09:56 PM
They were described by Hasbro to us as "limited articulation", my guess was 3 POA and that'd be head & shoulders.

Darth Cruel
01-28-2006, 09:34 AM
They were described by Hasbro to us as "limited articulation", my guess was 3 POA and that'd be head & shoulders.

Thanks to both of you. And JT - I agree. Hasbro admitting to limited articulation means that it couldn't possibly be over three points.

DarkArtist
01-28-2006, 01:46 PM
The vader almsot looks like the same mold for the Evolutions vader just made in metal.

BespinLobot
01-31-2006, 04:49 AM
Well, Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen! Damned if I ain't a horses ***! I can't believe they're actually making a removeable helmet Boba. Kudos to all of you that called me out on my doubting ways. (albeit slowly) Not sure how this crap came about, but, oh well. Although we all knew what's under that now almost mythical helmet, I still almost enjoyed the pseudo suspense more ... and imagine that. He almost kinda looks like that other Fett dude from Episode II. Strange .....

BoShek
02-02-2006, 12:47 PM
He should have Jeremy Bullock's head!

JEDIpartner
02-03-2006, 02:12 PM
Is there actually a point to these figures?

JediTricks
02-03-2006, 03:21 PM
They get you to spend fifteen wingwangs.

JEDIpartner
02-03-2006, 05:33 PM
Not this guy... No, sir!!!

jedibear
02-05-2006, 10:47 PM
glanced at the pics on that other site. MMMM...I don't know.

Anyone let Hasbro know George plucked the eyebrows off of Anakin for the special editions, or is this supposed to be a "classic" removable helmet Vader? :confused:

The only edition that I'd like to see is a Jango Fett...his armor would look real sharp in a brushed metal instead of those funky plastic ones we've gotten so far...

Slicker
02-06-2006, 09:58 AM
15 Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers is a bit much for these but they still look good and I may pick them up if I see them.

JEDIpartner
02-06-2006, 02:17 PM
'cos you don't have these characters in this scale already?

JediTricks
02-06-2006, 04:59 PM
15 Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers is a bit much for these but they still look good and I may pick them up if I see them.
You know, in a year nobody will remember that Wendy's commercial reference... ok, they will now since I just reminded them of it. :D

jjreason
02-11-2006, 09:32 PM
Fett be danged - that Titanium 501st clone looks like he might be worth the money. I really like the paint, pose and base. :thumbsup:

Rebo's_Guitarist
02-26-2006, 09:48 AM
I dont know why they would make Boba Fetts helmet removable..........but Ill get them both. Does anyone know where they will be selling them?

Turbowars
02-26-2006, 10:23 AM
I dont know why they would make Boba Fetts helmet removable..........but Ill get them both. Does anyone know where they will be selling them?Everywhere toys are sold. It's not an exclusive.

Samuel Windu
02-27-2006, 06:26 AM
Got Boba today:D
It's huge..........the packing:bandit:

Rebo's_Guitarist
02-27-2006, 09:19 AM
Got pics??

figrin bran
02-27-2006, 11:35 PM
before AOTC, i was a Boba Fett completist and as tempting as it may be to get this one, i'm passing mostly because of the removable helmet. 15 more popcorn + sodas from target for me.

i definitely want the tact ops trooper and IG-88 though.

JEDIpartner
03-01-2006, 12:57 PM
Got pics??

There are some pics over at GalacticHunter on one of their threads. Those pictures confirmed why I couldn't care less about this line.

TheDarthVader
03-01-2006, 07:04 PM
Release date? I am going to get THE DARTH VADER.

B.
TDV

Kidhuman
03-01-2006, 11:55 PM
Found Vader and Fett tonight, so release date should be now.

Dont have pictures because I stuck them on lay-a-way

VidKidd
03-02-2006, 12:12 AM
just an FYI for people. I work at target and they are suppossed to be set out on march 5th at my store.but sense its a sunday itll be done on monday. so look for them sometime next week at all targets. they should be out.

JawaJoe
03-02-2006, 02:16 AM
EE has a 4 pack of these listed: both reg. and both variant versions for $60.

TheDarthVader
03-02-2006, 12:14 PM
The variants look like crap. I am only going to buy the regular version. I have not made up my mind yet about the Boba Fett figure. I guess I will have to wait until I see him in person.

B.
TDV

JediTricks
03-02-2006, 04:56 PM
Found Vader and Fett tonight, so release date should be now.

Dont have pictures because I stuck them on lay-a-way How did they look in person KH?

Kidhuman
03-02-2006, 10:58 PM
These are as sweet as you can find. They look great. Kind of reminded me of a 300th Fett meets the Unleashed line, except no battle pose. The paint job was really nice. I look foward to Bossk.

JediTricks
03-03-2006, 04:52 PM
A friend of mine found 'em last night and posted a few photos on another forum, I was surprised the head and helmet were metal on each. Fett's rifle is metal, that had me excited. I wasn't entirely impressed with the sculpting on the bodies though, especially Fett's arms and torso which look kinda like a cheap metal coin bank statue.

Lazer Brain
03-03-2006, 05:47 PM
I saw these today both darth and boba, and I think it is a definite PASS, I had just enough money to get the slave I titanium, so i will pass on these figures, they look kinda cheap and Flashy. but if someone got me one for chirstmas or my birthday thats cool, as long as I did not buy it. come on I've been good!
later

Jayspawn
03-04-2006, 11:33 AM
PASS!!!!!

I found the Titanium Fett last night. I was planning on buying it but not after seeing one in person. 1. The paint job stinks! It looks like a sloppy paint by numbers project. That alone I cannont justify paying $15 for it. No way! 2. The helmet detail is bad too. The removable helmet idea is good but it just looks funny.

People are better off picking up an extra SAGA2 Fett. This means a lot coming from me since I buy everything Boba Fett related

AmanaMatt
03-04-2006, 12:29 PM
Is the Fett rifle glued to his hands or is it removable? I would love an actually accurate ROTJ accessory for my Fetts

Luuuuuuke
03-05-2006, 12:11 AM
I saw Boba Fett at Wal-Mart a couple of days ago. It looked alright, though nothing I would buy. It wasn't even displayed though, it was in a cart for go-backs.

JediTricks
03-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Is the Fett rifle glued to his hands or is it removable? I would love an actually accurate ROTJ accessory for my FettsRemovable, and since it's weighty metal and the hands are rubbery plastic, it falls out of his hands a lot from what I've been told. The gun being metal is what kept me tempted on this.

TheDarthVader
03-06-2006, 09:00 PM
I bought the vader tonight! I also saw the boba fett, but I passed. I almost passed on the vader as well but the removable helmet got me. I also like the base and the display "bubble".

B.
TDV

AmanaMatt
03-07-2006, 12:59 AM
Removable, and since it's weighty metal and the hands are rubbery plastic, it falls out of his hands a lot from what I've been told. The gun being metal is what kept me tempted on this.

Awsome, thanks for the heads up

mikey1974
03-07-2006, 09:12 PM
well,found vader today...and i'm somewhat disappointed...the sculpt is great,and he has 6 points of articulation (swivel neck,shoulders,forearms,and waist)...my problem is the helmet...it literally doesn't fit...it's so loose on his head it swings back and forth if you move the figure...people complained about the evolutions vader helmet being loose...that was nothing compared to this....i also wasn't sure,but the figure can be removed from the base by removing all the screws in the base...

dindae
03-08-2006, 10:50 AM
I saw these last night and passed. I thought the level of detail could have been better. Vader was decent but I was either getting both or neither since I know myself to know getting one is just a start to getting them all. If they go on Target uber-clearance I might pick them up but at $16 a pop I really wanted more.

TheDarthVader
03-08-2006, 12:43 PM
The only real reason why I bought the vader is because (drum roll) I am a HUGE Darth Vader fan. If I wasn't such a fan, I would have easily passed on both. In fact, I am rethinking my vader purchase just a little bit. Most everyone here seems to be disappointed in both figures.

B.
TDV

DarkArtist
03-08-2006, 06:19 PM
just picked up the Boba Fett today at TRU. passed on the Vader, didn't have enough cash, always a problem. The only problem I have with the figure is the fact that once you remove the clear rubber band, the gun is hard to get the figure to hold.

mikey1974
03-08-2006, 06:29 PM
saw fett today,at toy r us of all places, and passed...i'm just not really digging these liked i hoped i would...was really looking foward to the 501st one...now,not so sure...

plasticfetish
03-13-2006, 04:10 AM
When I saw the Boba Fett prototype on display at SD Comic-Con this past summer, my immediate reaction was that it looked horrible and that the idea for die-cast figures was a bad one. The example that Hasbro tossed out for the crowds to see was slapped together in a hurry, had terrible paint and looked amazingly bad for a supposed prototype that was being shown to generate interest in a new line.

But then... I saw the photos of the new Vader and Fett figures on starwars.com, and I thought that perhaps I was wrong. They looked really nice there in the photos, so perhaps I was very wrong to judge the line based on that prototype at Comic-Con. I admit that I've been kind of excited to see what they'd look like in person.

Now that they've been turning up around me for the past week or so, and I've had a chance to see a few of them at retail, I can once again say that I'm not impressed at all. I've yet to see one Vader figure with a decent paint job. I've yet to see a Vader figure that's assembled and fit together well inside the packaging -- which means that I'd never buy one to display packaged. (Considering that the paint jobs that I've seen are so loose, I doubt that I'd buy one to open either.) Then there's Boba Fett, who I haven't been seeing as much as Vader, so I assume that means he's selling better. Boba Fett's Titanium figure isn't much better, the paint is still shabby. (I'll admit, I was so put off by the Vader figure that I didn't bother to look at the Fetts as closely anyway.)

So, at this point I'm really disapointed by these first two Titanium figures. I was willing to hope that they'd turn out great... but I think Hasbro has dropped the ball with the line so far.

-----------------

(Maybe we should change the name of this thread to just, "Titanium Figures" since it's going to end up being about all of them. Eh?)

BountyHunterScum
03-13-2006, 07:58 AM
Boba's and Vader's heads are plastic ir else they would scratch whenever the helmet was removed. These figs do have flaws, 1 Boba's fingers should have wires or something to make them posable because of the flukey rifle holding, 2 Vader's helmet should be magnetic to stay on the collar rig.

tagmac
03-15-2006, 09:01 PM
I saw these today at TRU and KB, and I wasn't impressed at all. I thought about buying the "limited edition" silver version of Boba Fett, but passed. They seem to be shipping 4 to a case, one colored and one silver of each (as both TRU and KB had just these four out), so I'm not sure those silver versions are as rare as it might have seemed. Either they had just put them out, or no one else cares about these either.

Jayspawn
03-15-2006, 09:43 PM
I saw the Silver versions of Fett and Vader tonight and boy, do they STINK! I hope Hasbro ends this line now. Not a good idea. Better for them to stick to 'action' figures.

SirSteve
03-15-2006, 09:44 PM
My thoughts... the non-variants look good and I especially like the display case/stand. I don't like the fact "everything" is not die-cast. I don't like the rubber hands on Fett, I do like the die cast blaster. I don't like the plastic lightsaber with Vader. Overall, they are different and nice to display.

JetsAndHeels
03-15-2006, 10:49 PM
I picked up the non-variant Fett at Wal-Mart on Monday. Just opened it up tonight to display and I am pretty happy with it. Like Steve mentioned some of the figure itself is not consistent with the rest of it, but overall I think its a nice display piece....plus liking the Fetts anyway I felt that I needed to have it. :D

plasticfetish
03-16-2006, 04:10 AM
OK then, for you Fett fans... I've seen a few more, and some of them had decent paint, but I'm afraid that they won't hold together well. How well does the gun stay in the hands, or do the hands stay on the arms, etc.? I'd be worried that they're poorly put together.

I think, aside from the shoddy paint jobs, that the plastic parts are what I don't like about Vader also. It should be all metal... and maybe they should have sculpted on a metal cape as well.

JawaJoe
03-16-2006, 07:42 AM
Saw these today. The packaging is waaay too big. Be nice if they put em in a smaller box and knocked a couple bucks off the price.

Kidhuman
03-16-2006, 08:30 AM
I have seen about 5 sets of these and all have had good paint jobs on them.

JediTricks
03-16-2006, 03:46 PM
I don't like the sculpting around the upper arms/shoulders, it is flat and simple, looks cheapo. I would have forgiven the plastic hands if they weren't rubbery, but that sculpt just ain't special enough for my tastes.

An all-metal lightsaber would have been awesome on Vader, even without the translucent plastic.