PDA

View Full Version : San jose/bay area finds!!

rem rem kinobi
01-31-2006, 07:16 PM
funny that there isnt a bay area thread in here..so im starting one since im live in san jose. heres a quick run down of what i found so far:

Target

carkoon wave
hoth wave(no vader though)
all unleashed
all titanium

walmart
remnants of carkoon and hoth

this reconnosaince is a week old since i picked up everything i wanted so more updates will follow soon:thumbsup:

mintoncard
02-07-2006, 01:19 PM
Not much to report in the Santa Cruz / Salinas area. It seems scalpers have picked all Targets, WalMarts, & TRUs clean. I was lucky enough to get the Hoth wave a few weeks ago. Haven't seen anything new since then. I'll post something as soon as I find anything new.

rem rem kinobi
02-16-2006, 06:13 PM
no activity at all the stores ive been to. :tired: still waiting for the geonosis wave to hit.

mintoncard
02-16-2006, 06:30 PM
Happened to be in San Jose this morning. Found 90% of the Geonosis wave at Target off Blossom Hill & Walmart off Blossom Hill. Of course there was no Scorch to be found. I'm quite sure all the scalpers and army builders are grabbing those whenever they can. (Oddly enough, I was at Wondercon this last weekend, and I didn't see any of the Geonosis Wave at any dealer booths.)

As far as Santa Cruz and Salinas go ... I have yet to see ANY new figures at ANY store in the last 3 months. No surprise to me. Scalpers are everywhere around here.

mintoncard
02-17-2006, 07:02 PM
Lucked out today. Stopped at the Watsonville Target and asked an employee if they could see if they had any more SW figures in the back. They brought a fresh box out and I have finally completed the Geonosis wave (I just needed Scorch and the orange clone).

I'm not a scalper or a troop builder. I just get one of each.

rem rem kinobi
02-17-2006, 09:29 PM
nice score!!:thumbsup: ..maybe ill try that this weekend and have the same result.

rem rem kinobi
02-21-2006, 08:36 PM
:ninja: i finally seen the remnants of the goenosis wave at the capital target today. minus scorch and yellow clone of course. toys r us did have some veers, a power droid, and reiken for 4.99. looks like the geo wave is finally hitting the targets.