PDA

View Full Version : Are you people never happy?

Slicker
01-31-2006, 07:17 PM
With the news that we're "finally" getting a Cmdr. Cody I thought I'd see posts abound about how happy people were to get this figure that 50% of every SW forum wanted but instead what do I hear? That he isn't SA. That his elbows aren't ball-jointed and he doesn't have posable ankles. Are you guys never happy?

You guys b**ch and complain about Hasbro not hearing your pleas, then when it gets answered (and in a good way as the figure looks great) you find SOMETHING else to complain about because it isn't perfect and not made to YOUR specifications. It's getting really old and I find it hard to post in about 90% of the threads because they're threads that end up invariably bashing "Hasblo" and it gets real old real fast.

Also everyone that complains about rehashes (I have probably done it as well) can quit any time too. Just because YOU have every release of every Bib Fortuna doesn't mean that the 15 year old kid that just saw this awesome movie called Return of the Jedi has one and I'm sure that when he goes looking for action figures of this movie and sees Bib on the shelves he'd be ecstatic to see him along with all of the other repacks (at least for us long timers). Believe it or not people there are more collectors than yourselves out there and also there are new ones coming to our side everyday so you've gotta think about them. Hasbro obviously does.

Last complaint here is for the EU people. I've seen many posts whining about how "Hasbro doesn't like making EU figures" or "they don't hear our complaints". Well, if I'm not mistaken you guys are getting a brand new EU figure in the Cody wave and I have not heard word one about how great it is or that Hasbro has answered your call although when it comes out I totally expect to hear everyone of you complaining about how it isn't SA. I realize that you want more but to be honest not every fan reads EU nor does the new 15 year old fan that just saw the movies even realize that they make EU material (I know I have an extensive collection and I haven't read but maybe 6 or 7 EU books) and the market isn't nearly as big as it is for the movies.

For all of you people that fall into the above catagories please for the love of God just get over it. Hasbro is doing the best it can to try and please the thousands of collectors out there. I for one am very pleased with the recent offerings that Hasbro is releasing and plan on buying one of each of the TSC figures. I have my complaints as well but I leave them where they belong and in the proper threads instead of spamming 20 different threads with a cut and paste bashing of how YOU don't like the figure. I read that since Cody has lines in the movie and actually has a part that he should be SA. Well, if that's the case then I want an SA Bib Fortuna as he had several speaking lines and played a critical role in the Rebels getting into Jabba's Palace.

Come on now Hasblo. How can you guys drop the ball on MY SA Bib Fortuna. I'm really sick of how Hasblo doesn't hear my pleas for it. We all need one.:rolleyes:

Kidhuman
01-31-2006, 07:27 PM
Wow, talk about a rant......

decadentdave
01-31-2006, 07:29 PM
Wow, talk about a rant......

Do I detect a note of Irony in this post? lol

Slicker
01-31-2006, 07:33 PM
Wow, talk about a rant......Well, it's been bugging me for some time. I never hear word one of how Hasbro did a good job with something. It's usually "it's about time" or something to that affect. It just gets old and doesn't make this forum thing fun when people constantly bash the product line that they worship.

decadentdave
01-31-2006, 07:44 PM
Perhaps that is because some of us have distanced ourselves from Hasbro and are collecting higher quality offerings from Sideshow and Master Replicas now for the very reasons you've given, Slicker.

DarthQuack
01-31-2006, 07:55 PM
I try not to do too much b**ching on the boards. Slickster brings up good points though, I hear everyone saying how much they want a figure and as soon as it's not SA they go crying to there mamma's about it.

starwarsfan1
01-31-2006, 08:06 PM
I have to agree with Slicker here. Most of the people on this forum just try to bash everything that comes out of hasbro. Cut hasbro some slack. They dont just produce Star Wars toys remember. I for one like all of the figures that have come out in this new line. I have gotten them all, even up to the Geonosis wave. And remember that not everybody was around or maybe not interested in Star Wars when the repack figures first came out. So this gives new people or people who missed these figures the first time around to get them. So all I have to say is quit your b****ing and realize that hasbro does not live to meet all of your demands.

decadentdave
01-31-2006, 08:09 PM
I want my SA Yarna, darn it! :D

DarkArtist
01-31-2006, 08:52 PM
I do agree that there is alot of B****ing on in these threads, and I know that I have given my far share as well. I will say that if they can make some of the figures SA then why not all the time ?

Also I am a huge EU fan and have been waiting the arrival of Scorch as well as the rumored Kir Kanos. My answer to all the complaints and negative comments on action figures, vehicles and etc is this "If you don't like the figure, don't buy it. Leave it for someone who wants it."

Rocketboy
01-31-2006, 09:00 PM
I can't help but agree with Slick also.
Many of the things he pointed out are reasons I rarely post (or often skip) many of the collecting threads.

Turbowars
01-31-2006, 09:25 PM
Habro sucks! LOL, you know my very 1st post was something like yours Slicker and I got a lot crap for it. The thing is Hasbro needs to hear our complaints and our appreciation. I'll give credit when credit is due and I'll *****h when I feel like it. I feel a EE Astro droid pack bashing coming in the near future. Sure they a cool, but the paint apps SUCK. The squeaky wheel gets the grease and that's the fact. So if we all just go Gah, Gah and OOh wow those new Unleashed are awesome, OH my Hasbro your Custom line is awesome and sure I love paying 8 bucks for an unarticulated figure things will never change. So if you don't like this post just read the fine print in my sig.:)

Bobby Fett
01-31-2006, 09:47 PM
Well said, Slicker.

tagmac
01-31-2006, 10:13 PM
I have to agree with Slicker as well. I've hardly posted around here since the summer because of all the repetitive, negative threads. It's just not as much fun as it used to be, and would be nice to see more actual information related to the figures and movies.

shammykenobi
01-31-2006, 10:21 PM
I used to post on here alot more than i do now...I pretty much got tired of the whining and how everyone talks a subject to death...I'm with slicker though, hasbro can't make everyone happy...I mean i pretty much collect only jedi's and clone troopers so I will take as many of those as I can get and sometimes I wonder why we're getting a re-sculpt of bib fortuna and not one of the umpteen jedi's from the geonosis arena that hasn't been made...but I'll take what I can get and be grateful for it...I mean so far for 2006 we're getting 2 new jedis and about three of four different clone troopers...and that's gonna be in the next few waves...can't really complain about that...the biggest complaint i have against hasbro is their distribution and release schedule...I've missed out on some figures and had to go to the secondary market to get them and I hate having to go hunting everyday to walmart or target cause if I miss something I may not have a chance to get it again...

speaking of SA figures...why is everyone so concerned about that? sure you can put 'em in neat poses if you open 'em but isn't most people here carded collectors? I mean I'm an opener and i set up dioramas and stuff, and the SA do look better, but not that much better...anyway, I'm just thanksful for the good stuff we have now and how much better it has got over the years...if anyone is so inclined they should take a look back to all the orange carded stuff from 1995 and thank the force that it isn't still like that now.

El Chuxter
01-31-2006, 10:38 PM
A little complaining is healthy. Hasbro reads all of these collecting message boards, and our complaints are being read. Whether they're acted on is always in the air until confirmation shows up via pics from Toy Fair of cool things we only dreamed of, but this is the most direct way to communicate with them.

So I don't think all complaining is bad. Imagine if R5-D4 had come in packaging that didn't show off his rocket-launching ability. Would you have known about it if you didn't read someone's complaints?

But, that said, it does get pretty darn snigtarded sometimes. There's a point when enough is enough.

We're getting three EU toys that we know of for certain in the next year, f'rinstance. I'm excited about all three, though I have no clue who Scorch is. I can't wait for him to ride around in the Flying Tiger Gunship with Cody and Foul Moudama, and hope Corron Robb might be forthcoming to keep them company.

Cody looks beautiful. As long as the articulation isn't as shoddy as the AT-TE Gunner (who has a tendency to fall under his goofy legs), I won't be complaining at all.

Repacks give me an opportunity to rest my weary wallet. I can't tell you how nice it's been to not have to buy every new figure, and still not feel like I'm missing out.

But the Custom Choppers still suck donkeys.

UKWildcat
01-31-2006, 11:26 PM
Thanks Slick...

I am relatively new to the forums here at SSG, when compared to most of you, but I have noticed that there IS a lot of b******g and moaning that goes on here. Don't get me wrong, I can understand if you have a complaint every now and then, I do too, but it seems real excessive. Just about every thread there is somebody complaining about something. It does get old.

All complaints should go in a different part of the forums, like under "Reviews" or "Dear Hasbro", so we don't have to constantly read such negativity. If you fail to abide by this rule your punishment should be death by paper cuts.

decadentdave
02-01-2006, 12:46 AM
Turbowars couldn't have said it better and I agree with him 100%. Instead of giving Hasbro the Circle Jerk they need some "constructive" feedback when it comes to the products they are selling if they want us to keep buying them. How can you expect us to be grateful over dumb stuff like Custom Choppers?!?!? Ya know, now it's all of us NEGATIVE posters that are hearing all of you guys whine, b**** and moan about how everyone else always whine, b**** and moan on these threads. Maybe Slicker or someone else should have set a precedent by posting a topic like "Kudos to Hasbro for making Commander Cody" or something to that effect and said something positive for once on these boards instead of complaining about it. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! Sheesh! Is it that time of the month already?

Turbowars
02-01-2006, 12:52 AM
HeHe:thumbsup:

Slicker
02-01-2006, 03:49 AM
Turbowars couldn't have said it better and I agree with him 100%. Instead of giving Hasbro the Circle Jerk they need some "constructive" feedback when it comes to the products they are selling if they want us to keep buying them. How can you expect us to be grateful over dumb stuff like Custom Choppers?!?!? Ya know, now it's all of us NEGATIVE posters that are hearing all of you guys whine, b**** and moan about how everyone else always whine, b**** and moan on these threads. Maybe Slicker or someone else should have set a precedent by posting a topic like "Kudos to Hasbro for making Commander Cody" or something to that effect and said something positive for once on these boards instead of complaining about it. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! Sheesh! Is it that time of the month already?Way to turn the tables on me.:thumbsup: Seriously though I don't get all wet and moist over any new release in particular or like or dislike any figure enough to hate or ohhh and ahhh over. I'm very content with all of the releases that come down the pipe because I try to take most everyones likes and dislikes into account. Case in point the Custom Choppers. I'm sure Chux would gladly Norris roundhouse kick everyone of them but somewhere there is someone that loves them so you've gotta kinda respect that.

plasticfetish
02-01-2006, 06:30 AM
Maybe Slicker or someone else should have set a precedent by posting a topic like "Kudos to Hasbro for making Commander Cody" or something to that effect and said something positive for once on these boards instead of complaining about it.A couple of points...

Firstly, about these forums. What goes on and what we "talk" about is pretty much up to you guys. You all know it, and you all know that as individuals you have a role in setting the tone or steering a conversation, debate or whatever in any direction that you want it to go in. I understand where you're coming from Slicker, and I personally agree that criticism should always try to be constructive, but hey, it isn't always possible -- sometimes you just wanna say something sucks when you think it sucks. I think the choppers suck, but yeah you're right, some kid is gonna look at that Boba Fett chopper and think that it's the greatest -- so sure, we need to keep the fact that this is all about personal opinions in perspective.

A little complaining is healthy. Hasbro reads all of these collecting message boards, and our complaints are being read. Whether they're acted on is always in the air until confirmation shows up via pics from Toy Fair of cool things we only dreamed of, but this is the most direct way to communicate with them.This is really true. Hasbro does read what we write, and they do make decisions (some good and some not so good) based on what they read here and in "other" forums. I'm sure that they're not so stupid that they'd ignore what is basically a free focus group, populated by a community of obsessive toy nerds that really, when it comes down to it, care a great deal about the products that they produce. This "community" is made from a cool variety of individuals, from all over the world, that all have one thing in common -- we all care passionately about the Cody figure's shoulder articulation. ;)

Kidding... but the truth is, that though most of us probably spend too much time thinking about and critiquing toys, it's a big part of what this is all about. We're here to exchange opinions and to share our feelings about the various aspects of the hobby. If you don't like where things are going, well... speak your mind like you just did, or when it comes time to review a figure (or whatever) go ahead and chime in.

Secondly, about Hasbro toys. As those of us that've had the chance to meet some of the Hasbro people know, when it comes to all of the various aspects of the toy making process, it's pretty complicated. I've seen and talked to a few of the figure designers, and they all seem to be genuinely interested in turning out a good product. But it's not as simple as having one clever guy sit down to create your (and maybe his) dream figure. There's a whole lot of juggling and fiddling that goes on between the time your Commander Cody figure is sculpted and that slow boat trip from the factory in China. When someone cooks up an idea for a great toy and then the powers that be put the money into producing it the right way, and then it actually gets made the right way over at that factory, it can be really cool. When someone decides to cut corners in order to squeeze a few more pennies of profit out of an idea, and then that toy turns up and turns out to be a dog, it'll help to kill the toy line.

Again, most of us probably spend too much time worrying about the future of Star Wars toys, but that's the way it is -- and if I was a Hasbro marketing guy, I'd be thrilled that there was so much interest. Good, bad or whatever, at least we're talking about their product. I'm not too worried about hurting their feelings either, they seem to be making a little money from this whole thing. I mean... it's not like we're ripping on Habitat for Humanity for making crummy houses.

CaptainSolo1138
02-01-2006, 07:56 AM
Very nice thread, Slick. I cringed when I saw that this was your thread because it had the potential to get you in alot of trouble with alot of people. But you handled yourself well and covered the bases for all of us. Good job, man.

I've held the same opinions regarding these boards and some of the posters but I didn't have the patience to put things any more eloquently than "STFU".

One thing that Slick forgot to mention is the "list" people (and I can say with confidence that he forgot it because we've talked about it before). We know what is coming out this year vs. what you REALLY want to come out this year and in future waves. We get it. Enough.

Slicker
02-01-2006, 08:38 AM
Here's a discussion from RS about just ONE action figure.

Case proven (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1655162&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#1655162)

Sith Lord 0498
02-01-2006, 09:31 AM
I have to agree with Slicker and the majority of posters in this thread as well. Now, I'll be the first to admit...I've done my share of complaining about certain releases from Hasbro (or Hasblo as I've remarked on some occasions). But I always strive to refrain from ranting and raving. If I've got an issue about a certain figure, I'll state it and try to support my opinion the best way I can. If someone doesn't agree with me, that's great because it shows how diverse this community is.

But, by and large, these threads have a frequent tendency to de-evolve into a state of rabid Hasbro bashing. Like some posters before me in this thread, I took a several month hiatus from SSG because I couldn't stand wading through all of the complaints. In fact, the straw that broke this camel's back was when, much like Slicker, I started a thread to address something that had been making me do a slow burn for awhile (people bashing the PT incessantly because of inconsistencies...yes they irk me too but other people were practically condemning the PT). I laid out my grievances, presented an idea or two on how to find a middle ground between the two camps, and I looked forward to feedback.

What I got was one of the first responses was a sarcastic comment unrelated to the topic and then it quickly turned into a joke thread among the members. Nothing I said mattered because it was quickly ignored and forgotten.

So I went away for awhile in the hopes that things would change, but I find that there's just as much complaining now except it seems more geared toward product design and less toward distribution as it was in the past. I still ignore the great majority of threads for that reason.

The bright spot here is that there are forumites like Slicker who will call people out on their excessive griping. There also seems to be a slow return to actual discussions about a range of topics. For those reasons, I'm sticking around.

Now, I'm not perfect. In fact, I got fairly heated up over the ordering fiasco with Sideshow Anakin and Obi-Wan, but even then I made sure to point out that I was playing devil's advocate for those who missed out because of slow servers. Again, it was a stark raving mad rant. It was a passionate argument, and those are perfectly fine.

With all that out of the way, I would like to comment the Commander Cody issue.

Keeping in mind that we've not seen an actual review yet, our experience with it is limited to the handful of pictures we've been given. It is very difficult to determine exactly what POA the figure has when alternate poses aren't given. Personally, I still think it's difficult to tell just yet whether or not the elbows are ball-jointed.

Now, we can all see that the shoulders are swivel joints. That's a fact. But there's something I think people are overlooking. Maybe it's because we're only seeing the figure from one side. Maybe it's because some people just aren't happy unless they're complaining and they don't want to admit they could be wrong.

The thing I'm referring to is...

He has an antenna mounting on the left hand side shoulder!!

Picture that arm with a ball jointed shoulder. Its range of motion would be limited the moment that protruding piece hit the torso. I can't see any way they could make it ball-jointed without getting rid on that piece, and I'm sure people would complain about that too.

Kidhuman
02-01-2006, 09:36 AM
One of the main reasons I stopped posting at RS was because of reasons like that. I cant stand whining and complaining. Sure this site has it, but it balances out between that and the praise. No one attacks you for an opinion. Its sort of like civilized bashing here. Sure some people will never be happy, but that doesnt stop me from collecting. I happen to like it, I buy it. If I dont I dont.

Jayspawn
02-01-2006, 09:46 AM
I'm perfectly happy with the Cody that Hasbro is giving us.

starwarsfan1
02-01-2006, 09:59 AM

Case proven (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1655162&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#1655162)

Wow how pathetic can these people get. Oh boo hoo Scorch doesnt have knee articulation or SA.:rolleyes: I happen to have Scorch and he looks great with the rest of my TSC figures. I could care less about the lack of SA or knee articulation. Suck it up damn it.

Jayspawn
02-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Yeah! How would you people like only 6 points of articulation like the first POTF2 figures!?!?!?!

Seriously, we got by on those back in the day.

governortarkin
02-01-2006, 10:07 AM
I am new to this board but have been collecting since I was a kid and was taken to the theater to see Empire for my birthday. My first figure was a Chewy that we bought on the way home from seeing the movie.

I agree with Slicker about the complaining thing, as I have seen it in just about every thread I have read here. People complain about repacks, they complain about the TF line, they complain about the Custom Chopper line.

That is fine, but what they don't realize is that not everybody has been collecting since 1977, and not everybody will spend $15 or $20 on a figure they want at a comic store or on E-Bay, but they will pay $6 or $7 for a repack at Wal-Mart.

As far as the TF line and the Custom Choppers go, I think that is just Hasbro moving the line into other areas that are known to be big sellers. You see OC Choppers shirts and hats everywhere, and Transformers have always been good sellers. My 4 year old doesn't care much for the 4 inch line, but he loves the transformer and choppers line.

It's all demographics. Collectors push the market to an extent, but ultimately it's the moms and dads who buy the toys for their kids to play with that determine how a product line evolves.

Collectors will go on E-Bay and pay $100 for a figure. Moms won't.

Collectors will go to a SlideShow product. Moms won't.

I like the new Saga Line and will more than likely end up buying the entire set because I don't mind having repacks.

I guess it just boils down to not buying a figure if you don't like it, and understanding that a good number of people buying Star Wars figures are not collectors but rather parents who have children that are actually going to play with them.

Rocketboy
02-01-2006, 11:26 AM

Case proven (http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1655162&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#1655162)All I needed to read was the title of that thread.

First it was "Corn on the Cob" now that. You really are thrying to make me spit my water and destroy my computer, aren't you?
:D

DarkArtist
02-01-2006, 01:06 PM
To quote Moe from the Simpsons " Oh I'm Happy, I'm Very Happy. La La La La La. See."

Seriously though I have been happy with Hasbro for the most part as far as product, my thing is quanity mostly, never enough and sometimes hard to find. And even though this idea of mine has lived it's life I still feel strongley about a Collector's Club.

CaptainSolo1138
02-01-2006, 01:29 PM
Damn, that RS thread is a riot. I think I've read it three times already! lol

mikey1974
02-01-2006, 02:28 PM
i think,perhaps,part of the problem is,for lack of a better term,we were spoiled....yes,we're spiled with articulation.....in 2004 we got the VOTC,with tons of articulation...and even some of the OTC figures had a lot (jedi luke)....then last year,the ROTS line had a lot of figures with masssive amounts of articulation...clones,dooku,and aalya come to mind....then there were the evolutions sets,with even MORE articulation added....so we've been spoiled to think every figure we want should be SA,because the technology exists to make it so.....sometimes we do get out of hand with it though...i'm waiting for the petition for SA jawa's,with cloth skirts with hip,ball-jointed knees,and ball-jointed ankles under there.....

JEDIpartner
02-01-2006, 03:38 PM
I'm happy with most of the new figures. The repaints don't really matter to me. I couldn't care less about those. I really don't care about the articulation on a background character. As long as they can be posed standing or in a slight action pose or even sitting, I don't NEED S.A. in a figure. I think Hasbro is doing a rather good job with the figures, full stop.

Now what I will complain about is all the extra crap they keep trying to toss at us: Crapformers, Customs, Titanium figures... all unnecessary and stupid. They allocate a portion of their Star Wars budget to these items and don't give us the vehicles, even if they are reissues, that we want.

Darth Cruel
02-01-2006, 05:36 PM
I'm sure glad I have enough respect for other peoples' rights (in this case to an opinion, and to settle for inadequate detail), that I don't get upset about them practicing those rights.

The fact that some people just can't seem to live and let live is what I differ with. But I still don't get mad even about that. I believe that the only thing that could really make me mad is if someone endangered my family's physical well-being, stability, or quality of life. Yeah, those are pretty good reasons to get mad. I'm thinking about it and...no...it seems to me that other people criticizing toy manufacturers isn't much of a reason to get mad.

I will continue to buy every single figure (including re-packs and variations) and I will continue to post and voice my criticisms (I don't know about anybody else, but I call and email my criticisms to Hasbro and Sideshow as well, and they have yet to get as upset over it as some of the people whose posts I read on this forum, in fact, they claim to want the feedback). You will do more good by simply complimenting the figures to offset the complaints, than by criticizing criticism (read: complaining about complaining).

Another interesting observation I have made: It seems to me that I see a lot of the people who are willing to tolerate the inadequacies complaining about the people who aren't willing to. But I don't really see much of the converse unless it is in answer. Hmmmmmmmm this is interesting to me primarily because the people who are doing the criticizing are a great deal more likely to affect an improvement in future sculpting of figures than the people who don't communicate the criticisms and, in my mind, are more deserving of praise than of chastizement.

I sure an glad that Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie and the rest of the Rebels didn't just sit back and take what was given them. They stood up and demanded that things get put right. I'm with them! DOWN WITH TOYMAKING EMPERORS! LONG LIVE REBEL COLLECTORS!

plasticfetish
02-01-2006, 07:59 PM
Seriously though I have been happy with Hasbro for the most part as far as product, my thing is quanity mostly, never enough and sometimes hard to find.Yeah, right now if I had to pick anything to really complain about, it's that I'm seeing nothing in the stores. I was looking forward to getting a few each of the new AT-AT driver, as well as the Snowtrooper and Gonk droid, but the pegs are extremely empty right now. I'd at least like a chance to see if I hate these new figures. ;)

As far as the thread at RS about Scorch goes... well, I suppose there's something to be said for waiting until you actually see something in person before you decide. I can't count the number of times that I've changed my mind one way or the other after seeing a figure up close.

Sith Lord 0498
02-01-2006, 08:14 PM
Y'know, I spent some time to re-read this entire thread, and I find myself agreeing with those forumites who pointed out that we as a community spend far too much time either criticizing the products/companies or offering rebuttals to those critics...but we spend far too less time offering compliments about what we like. It's as though we're always trying to peek at that greener grass on the other side.

For my part, I'm going to scoot right on over to the "Dear Hasbro" etc. forums and start threads on the things I do like.

A note to the moderators, don't worry...I won't start threads on every single item...more like categories of items (.45 saber line, "Battle of Hoth" wave, etc.)

I really hope others (especially those who've pointed out this deficiency) add to my threads and add their own as well.

We can still post our criticisms (hopefully in a constructive, articulate matter), but we really need to recognize the good. Think about the best figure you've bought recently or best mini-bust or whatever...someone sculpted that, someone else painted that, etc. etc. I'm sure they'd love to hear they made people happy rather than hear the nitpicking details we criticize.

Hope to see y'all there!!! :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
02-01-2006, 08:17 PM
As far as the thread at RS about Scorch goes... well, I suppose there's something to be said for waiting until you actually see something in person before you decide. I can't count the number of times that I've changed my mind one way or the other after seeing a figure up close.

I have to agre, I have learned my lesson both ways. Holo Jedi Luke comes to mind. I hated it, but saw the figure in person and liked it. Same effect the TF's had. DIdnt care for the pics much, but do like some of them. Granted, they will mostly stay in vehicle mode, but they are decent none the less.

Some of the pics Hasbro puts up, enhance the figures(ROTS 12" comes ot mind here) and make them look a ton better in pics then in person.

Slicker
02-01-2006, 08:18 PM
I don't want anyone to get the wrong impression with this thread. It was more of a venting thing for me and easier than just spamming threads with what I think. I totally see where people that open would be upset about articulation or people that keep carded can be upset about paint but sometimes you just have to give credit where credit is due.

Turbowars
02-01-2006, 09:06 PM
I hope all you Pro Hasbro people go to the SDCC and speak your feelings on how great they are doing and Don't tell them anything negative by any means. ;) I don't know about you guys, but when I talk to the reps, I want them to know what I think about the products that I spend thousands of $ on. I tell them what I think is great and I tell them what they need to work on. wheather they listen to my opinions or not they are alway nice and ask me questions back.

The thing is we know what hasbro is capable of and now we can see when they are pulling a fast one on us. Hasbro saves so much $ on repack (which I do by) there's no reason for laziness on the new figures they do make. Sure many of us are very critical about about this stuff, but it's our passion and I want it to be the best that is can be.

Slicker, I know where you are coming from, so no hard feelings or anything.

Tycho
02-02-2006, 03:36 AM
I want a Super-Articulated Mouse Droid! Now!

I've been demanding one for years, as well as a Mouse Droid based television series and so forth.

Why isn't this happening? To whom do I complain to?

Seriously (well I am always serious when it comes to Mouse Droids), the folks like Slicker who stated the newbies would want to find Bib Fortuna and Vader, and God forbid Luke Tatooine, on the pegs at Wal-Mart, appreciate what Hasbro is releasing. The hobby's not just for us who've bought every Han Solo figure released since 1995 (or even previously).

Think about it - someday you might have kids and you'll start them on Star Wars. Do you really want to give up your collection or would it be good to have your kid start on an allowance or working odd jobs to get some dineros together for a few figures and decide which ones they really want? E-bay will not be too attractive an option (but then again it might be). Still, if your Luke Tatooine is a .0000 longsaber 1995 carded, let your son get his own (from whatever version appeals to him).

You completists have to drop your all-or-nothing attitudes. I bought 3 out of the 14 figures that have shipped here this year (had the opportunity to get all of them) but I enjoyed buying less and having to find less room to keep them in, plus having a budget for some of the premium items from SideShow and Master Replicas that I wanted to own as well.

Devo
02-02-2006, 12:45 PM
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't care one way or another if I see a lot of negativity on a toy board. I don't keep track of exactly who is saying exactly what and whether certain individuals tend towards negativity more than positivity. It doesn't bother me, these are opinions being expressed and I know this. Its all well intended believe it or not. I recently started a thread praying for an end to ball-jointed necks and I think I explained my case well. Although I haven't been able to marshal much hate for them just yet it seems. :grin:

The thing about complaining is unless you open up with a disclaimer every single time like - I am only complaining about this one thing, everything else I'm happy with, I actually really love this other selection of figures Hasbro are offering etc - it may look as though you have nothing positive to say. For every complaint I have there is 10 other things I couldn't be more pleased with - but do I really need to say that every time?

Essentially what Im saying is I don't know why anyone is getting riled up over this.

Tycho
02-02-2006, 02:01 PM
I'm going to complain about that smell every Wal-Mart seems to have when I'm shopping for figures. And that incessant "What's new at Wal-Mart?" loudspeaker announcement.

Something should be done about this before I boycott breathing, owning a pair of ears, and stuff like that.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-02-2006, 02:15 PM
I just read through this entire thread, pretending to be someone "outside" of a star wars geek (hard, I know) and all I could do was laugh and laugh and laugh.

Just remember the next time any of us (myself included) complain about figures or prequels or articulation...we are extremely lucky that these are the things we get to complain about!

Devo
02-02-2006, 03:56 PM
I just read through this entire thread, pretending to be someone "outside" of a star wars geek (hard, I know) and all I could do was laugh and laugh and laugh.

Just remember the next time any of us (myself included) complain about figures or prequels or articulation...we are extremely lucky that these are the things we get to complain about!

Hey! We don't serve your kind here! You'll have to wait outside, we don't want you here. You realist scum!!

Dave_Cameron
02-02-2006, 04:05 PM
Deoxyribonucleic has brought some fresh air into this place.

CaptainSolo1138
02-02-2006, 04:13 PM
Deoxyribonucleic has brought some fresh air into this place.
In here maybe, but from what I hear there's no fresh air in her shower.:D

Deoxyribonucleic
02-02-2006, 04:32 PM
In here maybe, but from what I hear there's no fresh air in her shower.:D

lol lol lol thanks Capt, I really needed a laugh today! :thumbsup: lol lol

Devo
02-02-2006, 06:38 PM
Just to clarify, my post above was a joke as well. The Star wars geek fighting back the real world - hence the my use of 2 paraphrased star wars quotes which I felt served this purpose. Im not asking anyone to laugh now if they didn't get it before as that would be a bit sad on my part....and also it'd be quite patronising of you in a pat him on the back and send him on his merry way kind of.....way - Really I'm just making sure you know it wasn't meant as an offence. I forgot to put smilies in.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-03-2006, 02:55 AM
Just to clarify, my post above was a joke as well. The Star wars geek fighting back the real world - hence the my use of 2 paraphrased star wars quotes which I felt served this purpose. Im not asking anyone to laugh now if they didn't get it before as that would be a bit sad on my part....and also it'd be quite patronising of you in a pat him on the back and send him on his merry way kind of.....way - Really I'm just making sure you know it wasn't meant as an offence. I forgot to put smilies in.

lol lol lol lol lol

that's fer you Devo ;)

I knew you were kidding, I think everyone did. If not, woooo they be takin' things too seriously :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
02-03-2006, 08:12 AM
I am glad you cledared that up Devo, I was going to delete that comment and shut the thread down for personal attacks. :D :beard:

Devo
02-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Oh good :pleased:

Right then. Onwards with the negativity (tempered by mentions of the positive and an acknowledgment of the ominous backdrop of real-world issues) :D

timmae
02-03-2006, 09:14 PM
you hear people complaining all throughout your day. the news is mostly negative too. we all come back to read these forums. mostly people say 1 thing they don't like about something and then go on to say they bought 1 to keep on the card and 1 to open. i love democracy, i love the republic.:thumbsup:

Hellboy
02-03-2006, 11:18 PM
I don't post, or read for that matter, the majority of the threads in the collecting sections anymore for the exact reasons Slicker has addressed. Like others have stated constuctive criticism is a good thing and we as collectors should voice our opinion whether it be negative or positive but constantly bashing Hasbro or other companies isn't going to solve anything. I pick and choose what I buy based on quality as most of you do and there is no better way than that to let companies know what you do or don't want.

One of the things that has bothered me lately is the rampant negativity on these boards surrounding Sideshow's new line of 12" figures. For years those of us who collect 12" SW figures begged Hasbro to give up their 12" license to another more qualified company and when it was finally done the majority of those who post here focused on the negative aspects of this development. How many times have we heard "the figures are too expensive" when most of you said you'd be willing to pay more for better quality. Or "the online ordering is to slow" when unlike Hasbro at least you have a chance at getting all of the offerings now. If you think I'm exaggerating just read any thread regarding a new Sideshow figure and the majority of the posts will focus on what Sideshow got wrong instead of what they got right. Its this glass half empty mentality that keeps me from spending as much time on these message boards as I used to. :tired:

Turbowars
02-03-2006, 11:29 PM
Man I think SS is doing a outstanding job with the 12" line. I can't wait. I was one that said SS should get it and I also said I would pay more too. The only thing that can go wrong with SS is the edition #'s at this point, or if my order gets lost in the mail.

Tycho
02-03-2006, 11:41 PM
I agree with Turbowars. SS's Obi-Wan Kenobi 12" looks amazing. I know it will be a while until they ship mine, but I'm really looking forward to receiving mine.

plasticfetish
02-03-2006, 11:54 PM
One of the things that has bothered me lately is the rampant negativity on these boards surrounding Sideshow's new line of 12" figures.The problem with voicing opinions about the Sideshow 12" line, is that at this point we really have nothing to see other than a few prototype photos. It's hard to decide on how well they're really handling the line.

I want to give them credit for one thing... now they actually have the words "prototype shown" on each of their images. I've b****ed about companies presenting prototypes as final product, as have others (KH mentioned it a few posts back) and it's nice to see that they listened and got the message.

So, in their case, what can we do? The only things to talk about is how they look in the photos, the price or how easy it was for any of us to buy/order one of the things. You're right about most of us wanting a change in how the 12" line was handled -- wanting someone else to take a crack at it, but I think at this early time, there's still plenty of room for debate over how well Sideshow is handling the line. (Hey, I've ordered 2 of the Jedi figures... I'm holding my breath and crossing my fingers.) If you don't want to debate about it though, then just skip it, huh?

Darth Cruel
02-04-2006, 10:20 AM
This post will be blunt, but please keep in mind that it is not intended in anger or to anger.

The way I see it. Not buying the figure is most certainly NOT the way to let Hasro know that we don't like the lack of articulation on a figure. common sense should tell us that something like that could just as easily be inturpreted to mean that the character is not popular. And if a character has no popularity...it has no figure (read: Yarna Del Gargan, or however you spell her name). And I am going to reiterate...I have been told over the phone that the negative feedback has more attention paid to it because they want to attempt to improve product (of course, the positive feedback is also appreciated). These guys are not stupid. They want to sell more figures to us so if they can make that happen and improve profit by making changes, they will. But they don't know what changes to make if we don't tell them. Now, this info just came from the lady who passes the message on to the people who need to hear it, but I do believe she has to have an idea (however general) of what they are looking for. So, in fact, those of us who do NOT communicate negative feedback are actually the ones hindering the improvement.

Now as far as being angry and rude about it, true that it is not necessary and not constructive, but I have yet to notice a single member of this board that has any time-in at posting who hasn't posted at least one bash post (even me...but this is not one of those posts). So any of those people are being hypocritical if they are bashing someone else for posting a bash. Not to mention the fact that, although I don't let something that trivial bother me, it is actually a personal attack and is looked down upon on this forum and other members have been banned for doing a stronger version of the same thing.

Now, I believe that this dicussion is at a point where the Hasbro-bashers have validated their position (other than the anger part), and the Hasbro-basher bashers have failed in that area because "I don't like to hear it" was never a good argument and "It doesn't do any good" has been shown to be inaccurate. Are there any other arguments that you all would like addressed?

Slicker
02-04-2006, 10:36 AM
Now, I believe that this dicussion is at a point where the Hasbro-bashers have validated their position (other than the anger part), and the Hasbro-basher bashers have failed in that area because "I don't like to hear it" was never a good argument and "It doesn't do any good" has been shown to be inaccurate. Are there any other arguments that you all would like addressed?This thread was never intended to "bash" any person or group of people. It was just my observation (and apparently many have noticed it as well) and I thought I'd address it to see what the real reason for the anger was as it was never explained in any of the numerous threads. I don't want this to get out of hand and the "bashing" start and if it does then I'll request it be closed.

Even though my first post opening up the thread was strongly worded (I just re-read it to verify what I said) I didn't see one instance where I was bashing anyone. It was my observations of what's been going on of late and I'm sure that even you have seen these things occuring.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-04-2006, 12:13 PM
the news is mostly negative too.

Yup it sure is and I never watch the news. I listen to NPR but I will NOT watch the news! I figure as much negativity and ugliness I can avoid...why not, it just makes life more happy and less stressful! :thumbsup:

PS. I can't tell you guys enough how happy I am with Hasbro! I love these first two waves of figures (not interested in the prequel waves...come on guys bash me for not liking the prequels) ;) and I look forward to the last three OT waves!

When I get figures, sure there are some things I don't always "like" but I am NOT going to complain to a toy company about it because in the whole scheme of things, it just doesn't matter to me. It's gonna get opened, go up into dioramas and look fantastic. Compared to the figures that came out in the 90's, I think hasbro has done a fantastic job! :yes: :thumbsup:

Tycho
02-04-2006, 06:24 PM
OK, you want constuctive criticism?

Take the Mouse Droid:

1) We need fully independent supension systems for both wheel axles.

2) We need independently articulated and turning wheels - think similar to a grocery store shopping cart.

3) We need multi-tone paint applications so that the controls and ventillation systems are paint-deco'd. You think they are mono-tone black? Think again, Pal. I make it my business to STUDY Mouse Droids.

4) We need accessories to include a tiny snap-tight baggie in which to preserve the scent of the figure when it is not in use. If a Mouse Droid multi-pack is released, it should have individual baggies for each Mouse Droid.

I hope I am not seen as being unreasonable here.

Turbowars
02-04-2006, 08:49 PM
I hope I am not seen as being unreasonable here.No, but we just see you as a freak. I see that your mental health is all back to normal.:thumbsup:

Tycho
02-04-2006, 10:46 PM
Then I'm back! Dr. Turbowars has pronounced me fit for duty. Now the Mouse Droid Sniffers' Association can get their freak back on! :D

plasticfetish
02-04-2006, 11:01 PM
That'd make a nice t-shirt, "Get your freak on! Sniff a Mouse Droid today."

JetsAndHeels
02-04-2006, 11:03 PM
Now the Mouse Droid Sniffers' Association can get their freak back on! :D

Word
ready to get my sniff on

jedibear
02-04-2006, 11:53 PM
Yeah, right now if I had to pick anything to really complain about, it's that I'm seeing nothing in the stores. I was looking forward to getting a few each of the new AT-AT driver, as well as the Snowtrooper and Gonk droid, but the pegs are extremely empty right now. I'd at least like a chance to see if I hate these new figures. ;)

That RS thread cracked me up...sheesh.
I, too have had the occasion to change my mind about a figure after seeing the figure for myself. That initial impression is usually based on the photos we see posted here (or at other sites) and while they are a good reference/preview, nothing beats seeing for oneself.

Also....is the distribution for this new line going to improve soon? I can't believe how flooded we are up here with choppers (which ARE NOT moving), transformers, m&m figures and lightsabers, but nary a regular carded figure to be found. In fact the only pegwarmer 'round here is that Han/Carb one.

Yeah, I've done my fair share of carping here, but I try to balance it with praise when it's warranted...thanks for the reality-slap there, Slicker...

plasticfetish
02-05-2006, 01:18 AM
Also....is the distribution for this new line going to improve soon? I can't believe how flooded we are up here with choppers (which ARE NOT moving), transformers, m&m figures and lightsabers, but nary a regular carded figure to be found. In fact the only pegwarmer 'round here is that Han/Carb one.You know, it's funny... I said that I was seeing nothing here in the Portland area (and it has been really dry since the first wave hit and left) and then suddenly yesterday I found Hoth wave at Target. Go figure.

I think it's just gonna be one of those things where the stores get a few cases in, or maybe just one case, and they sell quickly. Same with the Titaniums.

Slicker
05-25-2006, 05:16 AM
Unfortunately I feel the need to revive this thread and it's mainly because of the long awaited (by some that is :rolleyes:) Commander Cody figure.

People wanted it badly, they complained to get it, Hasbro delivered it, and people didn't like it.

Big surprise there.:rolleyes:

The main complaints I'm hearing are that his head is too small (would you rather have a head too small or a helmet too big. Either way Hasbro would've lost on that one) and that he doesn't have ankle articulation. I used to think :rolleyes: on that one but apparently it's a legit complain as the figure has trouble standing or even being slightly posed.

I myself love the overall look of the figure and the paint and the packaging are superb. Admittedly I haven't opened him up yet (mainly because I haven't found a second one) so I can't say how the articulation is personally but with 12 points of articulation you should be able to get him to do nearly everything.

The title of this thread perfectly explains this figure. Are you people never indeed happy with the decisions of Hasbro?

I'll reiterate and say that they have to market there product to a wide variety of individuals, not just collectors that MUST have EVERY version of EVERY clone on screen. They've gotta market to the children who wander down the toy aisle and see Star Wars and buy it. Unfortunately those sort of customers are probably the main base of the Star Wars line and not us collectors. We should count ourselves lucky that Hasbro takes the time and initiative to hear our concerns (can you say FANS CHOICE!?)

decadentdave
05-25-2006, 05:34 AM
I have never even SEEN a Cody let alone Scorch. In fact, I have never even seen any of the UGH variants. I'm about as sick of Hasblo's BS as I am of Lucas' with his OT DVDs. Between Lucas and Hasbro's greed which knows no bounds, this Hobby is no longer fun for me so your resurrection of this thread is entirely appropriate. No, I am NOT happy. Not in the slightest. My interests have wained away from Star Wars to other movie licenses and products from other higher quality companies because Hasblo just keeps playing their stupid little games and UGH was the nail in the coffin for me.

If I see a Cody, meh, I'll pick him up. But I'm not going to waste my gas, time, or lose any sleep over it. Frankly, I just don't give a damn.

Darth Cruel
05-25-2006, 05:45 AM
Sorry, slick. There is no excuse for Hasbro's poor job on Cody. Personally...I don't care about the small head. In fact I don't mind it so much...that I took the head and helmet and switched it on the custom one I have and gave the Hasbro turd to my son. I kept one on the card because as a completist...I am compelled to. But I have decided to pass on making this figure a part of my beloved Clone display.

My own complaints are:

1) He's too short. These guys are supposed to be clones...identicle.
2) Shoulder articulation. I have a custom that allows 97% range of motion on ball-jointed arms. And all that had to be done was to mold the antenna on the shoulder ring instead of right on the shoulder. Hasbro cannot be excused for not getting it better.
3) The spread legs. They negate any hope of a neutral pose.
4) Ankle articulation. No excuse for it not being there...not when there is a #41 sculpt out there. They could have saved money by just using the existing articulated legs AND made a lot more people happy. The only saving grace on this problem is the ease of a switch with the lower legs of a #41 or Utapau Clone to get that articulation (after an easy re-paint as well).

Nope...the poor job on Cody supports NO justification.

And to answer the basic question on the thread...yes I have been happy with exactly 12 figures. The VSC Biker Scout, the Utapau Shadow Trooper, and the 10 variations of the AOTC SA Clone Trooper (as seen in the EE troop-builder packs). I can also say I am satified with the #41 Clone and it's re-paints and the Target exclusive red dot trooper even though that one has the wrong helmet...I still like it and can easily accept it as a grunt in Neyo's legion (but I still want a correct Neyo and Neyo's troopers). And all of those could still have been improved on by having ball-jointed hips.

Edit - And as far as marketing to other demos...My own 7 year old son hates action features. He likes the articulation and I have been very carefull to not give him that impression. He developed it by himself. Now...that is not to say that every child feels that way...but if you are marketing to multiple demographics...you go with what will please the MOST...people overall. I belive that the super articulation accomplishes that much better than limited articulation and action features.

And I feel that is a VERY simple application of common sense.

dindae
05-25-2006, 09:11 AM
As a whole collectors are never happy. I like my Cody figure, but I thought it was lame that when they have molds with articulated ankles that they wouldn't use it for the most anticipated clone out there.

Rocketboy
05-25-2006, 11:30 AM
Dang, for a minute I thought this was revived for the OOT DVDs (which this also applies to).
Unfortunately I feel the need to revive this thread and it's mainly because of the long awaited (by some that is :rolleyes:) Commander Cody figure.

People wanted it badly, they complained to get it, Hasbro delivered it, and people didn't like it.

Big surprise there.:rolleyes:What has 2 thumbs and agrees 100%?
mm_ Me _mm

jjreason
05-25-2006, 11:52 AM
It's a simple problem, really - Hasbro has shown us on occasion that they CAN do great things with action figures (Ephant, SA Clones from CW and ROTS, the entire VOTC/VTSC line minus C3PO, etc). I think they've spoiled me to a certain extent, leaving many of the basic figures looking bad in comparison. It's very easy to ask "why" they take shortcuts on some figures when they've gone "the right way" with similar figures in the past.... Cody is just one example. The molds for perfect parts were already existing - why not just use one, instead of coming up with an inferior "all-new" sculpt that cost more money to produce??? I just don't get it.

All that being said, Cody is still a very, very solid 8/10 figure.

JON9000
05-25-2006, 11:57 AM
Hasbro is something of a victim of its own success. Everybody was happy with no knee or ankle articulation back in the day, but once the SA Clone trooper came out, it set the expectation level very high, and folks started expecting every figure to be SA, especially at a $7 price point.

However, I really got sick of the bellyaching when people decided to get all over the 501st San Diego Exclusive. A super-articulated Stormie with a banner and people were bashing it. Not because the figure was bad, mind you, but because (I suspect) it paid homage to one group of fans but not another. It really boiled to simplistic, babyish whining.

If I worked for Hasbro, I would probably have a ton of contempt for the collector community and nothing but love for the kids. It isn't that people complain necessarily, it is the provocative language some of my fellow collectors use. "The PT sucks, and if you don't think so, you know nothing about movies" or "Hasblo sucks" or other nonsense like that.

El Chuxter
05-25-2006, 12:08 PM
Cody isn't perfect, but he's far from bad. If you want to complain, I'm far more concerned with them slapping a fur coat on a mediocre Greedo resculpt and basically forcing us to buy the SOB for $10 if we want the Lucas figure.

plasticfetish
05-25-2006, 12:25 PM
Unfortunately I feel the need to revive this thread...You mean the thread where you criticize people being critical? ;)

People are entitled to their opinions one way or the other. A big part of being here and talking about all of this junk that we collect, has to do with sharing and exchanging thoughts about all of it. In this case, the Cody figure... do you like it? Yes, no, why, why not? It's what this place is all about, and as long as the conversation is civil and the criticism (or praise) is just a tiny bit constructive, then what's the problem?

There isn't one. Whether or not "you people are never happy" isn't an issue. Maybe some people are and some aren't, but our conversation has an effect on the product that's released... and that's a good thing. That's the issue.

How ever, I really got sick of the bellyaching when people decided to get all over the 501st San Diego Exclusive.You're talking about the tactical ops trooper? (ROTS #65) Because if you are, I'd say there's some legitimate reasons to be critical of that figure... and it has nothing to do with it being related to "one group of fans but not another." (I've never read anything like that.)

Again, you're complaining about people complaining? Why not just say that you disagree, say what you like (and why) about the figure, and just move on?

...and I like Greedo's new Sonny Bono vest El Chuxter. ;)

JON9000
05-25-2006, 12:47 PM
You're talking about the tactical ops trooper? (ROTS #65) Because if you are, I'd say there's some legitimate reasons to be critical of that figure... and it has nothing to do with it being related to "one group of fans but not another." (I've never read anything like that.)

Wasn't that the SA Stormtrooper with the banner? That's what I'm referring to, anyway. And when the comments started to blur with how the 501st is lame anyway, I had to get suspicious. Again, I'm not against people being dissatisfied with the product, because I have my gripes as well. My problem lies in how people express themselves. This "I'm mad as Hell and I'm not gonna take it any more" stuff gets old. And "Hasblo sucks" is not a criticism of anything, just somebody trying to be clever.

Banthaholic
05-25-2006, 01:13 PM
I'm not one to complain too much. The way I figure it we as Star Wars fans are spoiled. Find any other toy line that has had the diversity and completeness that we have as Star Wars fans. Yes I know we're missing Jabba's Goon # 7 and street commoner # 5, but for the most part we have everyone we could have needed. Not saying there isn't more I don't want but in time they will come. I just look at other movie releases and see 5-6 action figures and that's the line. Heck we get more in a wave and 60 a year.

JEDIpartner
05-25-2006, 01:20 PM
In the case of Cody, I would have just gone with a head and a pop-on helmet in place of the head. I mean, it's not like the head doesn't pop off when you take the helmet off anyhow. That way, both would have been in proper scale and the helmeted head would have doubled as a helmet he could hold. It's not like anyone was going to put the helmet on another figure anyhow. Yeesh. Problem solved.

Jargo
05-25-2006, 03:08 PM
the whole definition of a forum is a meeting place for open discussion where opinions on either side of an issue are discussed. The trick is to not make it personal. Not always easy when the subject is your passion.

I stopped using this section of the site when my distaste for hasbro's policies on many levels lead to any passion dying a death. All opinions are valid both positive and negative. you cannot have a forum without dissent or opposing views/opinions.

I recognise myself as a 'basher' and also as a 'lister' or rather, I was. Now I don't care either way. There's more to life for me than arguing over small plastic effigies. Or how a huge international company has done well/stuffed up on their products.

There's been some figures in the SW line I've liked the look of recently but i made the decision not to buy any more hasbro products and I've stuck to that. Occasionally i manage to slip into a message a small dig at the company in a general way but I'm past the stage of bashing for a living (man that sounds rude) and have moved on.

In all honesty though, there's a difference between critiqueing and harshly criticising. a subtle one. I used to try for the former. Perhaps i didn't succeed. and those dear hasbro rants were never serious. I would hope the overly dramatic manner of writing would have put that across. well save for one or two posts that were for real.

but if my posts sounded whiney, then this thread beats the crap out of those posts. If you don't like what someone says then there are two options. ignore or agree to disagree. It's that simple.

And man if JJBeast and I can manage to bury the hatchet and get along then damn, all of you can.

Deoxyribonucleic
05-25-2006, 03:49 PM
I'm happy, except the medication I was taking made me depressed, so I stopped taking it and now I'm happy again :crazed:

PF, the 501st trooper Jon9000 was talking about is the 2006 SDCC Hasbro exclusive...it's a VOTC stormie dedicated to the 501st, I think it ROCKS!! While I'm not a member of the 501st, I thinks it's pretty darn cool that they get a figure as they do do ALOT of things for the community as a whole!

http://www.galactichunter.com/photo.asp?image=absolutenm/articlefiles/5335-001.jpg

AS a whole, I don't much like all the complaining about hasbro figures so if I'm reading a post and it starts off complaining, I just move on to the next and so forth and so on...that way no harm done. I've really learned NOT to take things personally in the last few months (I have been guilty of it before, that's for sure but have learned it's just a waste of energy), especially on a forums site about star wars figures. I enjoy my figs and every night when I get home from work I get a big smile on my face and warmth in my heart when I open my door and see all my star wars figs looking at me from their sweet, sweet perches in their respective dioramas. This hobby is too fun for me to get down about!

Maybe if we all listened to Barney Gumble, we would have more fun collecting star wars figures...

MOE: "I'm looking for Amanda Hugginkiss. WHY CAN'T I FIND AMANDA HUGGINKISS!?"

BARNEY: "Maybe your standards are too high!" ;)

Turbowars
05-25-2006, 06:55 PM
I always say the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I'll call um like I see um and if some of you wonderful people don't like it, don't read it. Got It? Good.

Anyways Hasbro has been doing pretty good. The UGH thing drove me crazy, but I did end up with them. Most of the time when theres a few Grade A figures in the wave there will be the few that are sub par. I believe it's hasbro's way of balancing the cost of the case. If all were SA, then will would be paying 12 bucks a pop all the time. Sooo when we get a SA figure in a wave it costs more to make, so to make up for the cost they cut corners on other figures. Well that's how I see it and I'm probably talking out of my behind.

THE END;)

plasticfetish
05-25-2006, 07:49 PM
PF, the 501st trooper Jon9000 was talking about is the 2006 SDCC Hasbro exclusive...it's a VOTC stormie dedicated to the 501st, I think it ROCKS!!Oh That... hadn't seen that yet. That's great! Maybe one of the nicest exclusives that they've done.

And when the comments started to blur with how the 501st is lame anyway, I had to get suspicious. What MR. DADDYPANTS said about not making it personal is pretty much key. I'd just ignore any 501st bashing... I mean, either you think the figure is a cool idea or you don't. I think it's really clever.

It's one thing saying... "The 2005 Con exclusive was disappointing. All it was, was a cheap clear recast of a figure that doesn't really fit the intended scene. Plus, it's missing the blaster that it's supposed to come with." It's another thing saying... "I don't like the 2006 Con exclusive because I don't like the 501st." They're both valid opinions, but one has nothing to do with talking about the quality of the figure.

...that's really what it's about for me anyway. I'm not here to rag on things for no reason. If I like something, I'll say it. If I think something could be improved, I'll say it, because often times Hasbro listens and does make changes. If I hate something, I'll say it also... largely because I think some companies frequently operate within a vacuum, and don't always accurately decide between cost and quality.

Darth Cruel
05-26-2006, 02:34 PM
It's a simple problem, really - Hasbro has shown us on occasion that they CAN do great things with action figures (Ephant, SA Clones from CW and ROTS, the entire VOTC/VTSC line minus C3PO, etc). I think they've spoiled me to a certain extent, leaving many of the basic figures looking bad in comparison. It's very easy to ask "why" they take shortcuts on some figures when they've gone "the right way" with similar figures in the past.... Cody is just one example. The molds for perfect parts were already existing - why not just use one, instead of coming up with an inferior "all-new" sculpt that cost more money to produce??? I just don't get it.

All that being said, Cody is still a very, very solid 8/10 figure.

8 of 10? That is a VERY kind scale you use.

TheDarthVader
05-29-2006, 04:57 PM
I haven't made as many trips to stores as I used to, but I have not found ONE UGH figure. I am not talking about VOTC (that has the UGH sticker on it) or the exclusives...I am talking about a regular figure that has the silver holo and the silver card. Even though I haven't found any, I am still happy with what hasbro has been doing lately...aside from all of the stupid repacks.

B.
TDV

JediTricks
05-29-2006, 07:14 PM
Some people are never happy: 470960
:p

El Chuxter
05-29-2006, 07:32 PM
Slick's mom is never happy, either.

Tycho
05-29-2006, 07:54 PM
She hasn't met me yet. Do we have any pictures of Slicker's Mom btw?

Maybe I should write her and see what we may have in common. Does she like Mouse Droids? :crazed:

Slicker
05-29-2006, 08:00 PM
She hasn't met me yet. Do we have any pictures of Slicker's Mom btw?[quote] There are no pictures of said individuals mother on the internet. Sorry to disappoint.:(

[quote]Maybe I should write her and see what we may have in common. Does she like Mouse Droids? :crazed:I can assure you she does not like them. Sorry to disappoint.:(

Am I the first one to notice the bottle of beer and the little mouse droid added to your 'tar, Tycho?

El Chuxter
05-29-2006, 08:10 PM
She hasn't met me yet. Do we have any pictures of Slicker's Mom btw?

As a matter of fact, we do.

Apologies to Ma Rainey for linking her image with the likes of Slicker's Mom.

JediTricks
05-29-2006, 08:22 PM
As a matter of fact, we do.

Apologies to Ma Rainey for linking her image with the likes of Slicker's Mom. Funny, I thought your 'tar was the picture of Slick's mom. :D

No apologies to Taylor Hicks...

2-1B
05-29-2006, 08:49 PM
I thought that was Jay Leno.

Mad Slanted Powers
05-30-2006, 01:23 AM
If I worked for Hasbro, I would probably have a ton of contempt for the collector community and nothing but love for the kids. It isn't that people complain necessarily, it is the provocative language some of my fellow collectors use. "The PT sucks, and if you don't think so, you know nothing about movies" or "Hasblo sucks" or other nonsense like that.Indeed, that kind of criticism is not too helpful. The PT comment sounds elitist, and the Hasblo comment sounds juvenile. There are plenty of figures that I am not happy with, or at least wish they could have been done better. I'm mainly interested in collecting to have all the characters in their various forms. SA can really do wonders for a figure, but if it looks decent for how I want to display it, that is fine enough for me. If that is not good enough for you, then be thankful we have forums here where you can find out things like that about a figure before you throw down any money on it.

I guess it all depends on whether you see the glass as half empty or half full. Then again, it seems some people have chosen, "There is no glass, I <expletive> smashed it to pieces."

Tycho
05-30-2006, 01:58 AM
Am I the first one to notice the bottle of beer and the little mouse droid added to your 'tar, Tycho?

Nah. I forgot who noticed it first though. But I did have fun bringing my party toys with me back to SSG now that it has re-opened.

It was that or use a new Avatar, but I chose to keep going with my established look because that's a real image of Tycho Celchu and he actually does look like me in real life (the Mouse Droid and bottle of beer actually help further perpetuate the resemblance, hehe).

As to your Mom, you should introduce her to your Mouse Droid, Slicker. Everybody eventually comes around to liking those little guys! :D

MadSlantedPowers (I think you used to be Posty, right?): I want a Super-Articulated Wilrow Hood (Ice Cream Maker Guy) - how's about that?

Mad Slanted Powers
05-30-2006, 02:36 AM
MadSlantedPowers (I think you used to be Posty, right?): I want a Super-Articulated Wilrow Hood (Ice Cream Maker Guy) - how's about that?That name no longer has any meaning for me! (Actually it does, but I just like saying that.) Well, Ice Cream Maker Guy needs to be articulated enough to be able to hold onto his Ice Cream Maker. (That sounds like a great new catch-phrase. Perhaps sports announcers can use it in the bottom of the 9th or at the two-minute warning.) He also needs to be able to be posed as if he is running down the corridors of Cloud City.

Slicker
05-30-2006, 04:59 AM
Everybody eventually comes around to liking those little guys! :DIf believing that makes you sleep better at night then you run with that, Tycho.:p

Slicker
09-30-2006, 08:04 PM
I dare you, I triple dog dare you. :yes:

You people whine and whine to get the Sith Infiltrator yet when you finally get it you complain that it's gonna be a small vehicle. Waaa waaaa. Be happy we're getting it and just leave it be. Jeez. It's people like you guys that make me wanna quit collecting.

Was that good enough TW?:thumbsup:

Turbowars
09-30-2006, 08:06 PM
Perfect!!!!!!!!!!! BTW I never said I wanted it in the 1st place.

Luuuuuuke
10-01-2006, 12:29 AM
I always get a kick when Star Wars collectors write, "You blew it Hasbro," or "You lost money from me Hasbro," or the classic, "You dropped the ball Hasbro."

I think Hasbro more or less does a really good job. This line has been going on forever and the figures just get better and better. And you know, they're just toys and most of us are adults, and so these products are indulgences. I'm all for constructive comments, but there is a point where it just becomes proof of a feeling of self-entitlement.

DarkArtist
10-01-2006, 04:07 PM
You people whine and whine to get the Sith Infiltrator yet when you finally get it you complain that it's gonna be a small vehicle. Waaa waaaa. Be happy we're getting it and just leave it be. Jeez. SIZE]

I agree, be happy with what we got. I'm starting to believe that some of the people in these forums would rather complain then just be thankful that we at least get some new product every year. Just think Hasbro could be giving us only wave upon wave of the famous Flight of the Falcon, Comm-Tech Cantina, Mos Eisley, Hall of Fame Han Solo.

2-1B
10-01-2006, 04:22 PM
If you can't be with the one you love, honey, love the one you're with.

Love the one you're with.

Jargo
10-01-2006, 04:24 PM
Isn't that just a little too didactic in approach? isn't that just a way of stamping out freedom of speech? Isn't that a bit "shut up because my opinion is the only right one"? Or to put it another way, just a little bit fascist?

Forums only work when there is discussion covering differing opinions. without differing opinions it's merely a mutual appreciation thing. And that's dull beyond words.

but if that's what you want then don't read the opinions of people who differ from you, use the ignore feature, find a website that reads like a blindly following cult.

b!tching about people with differing opinions only reflects badly upon you.

2-1B
10-01-2006, 05:13 PM
If you can't be with the one you love, honey, love the one you're with.

Love the one you're with.

Who sang this song, anyway? I can't recall. :confused:
I can quote it, I just can't cite it. :crazed:

El Chuxter
10-01-2006, 05:29 PM
Stephen Stills, originally with a band called Buffalo Springfield, though better known as 1/3 (sometimes 1/4) of Crosby, Stills, Nash (and sometimes Young).

decadentdave
10-01-2006, 06:00 PM
You people whine and whine to get the Sith Infiltrator yet when you finally get it you complain that it's gonna be a small vehicle. Waaa waaaa. Be happy we're getting it and just leave it be. Jeez. It's people like you guys that make me wanna quit collecting.

Was that good enough TW?:thumbsup:

I have to disagree Slicker. Hasbro has had over 10 years to make this vehicle and do it right. I always pictured this to be in a really big exclusive window box like at Target with Tatooine Maul and the Sith Probes standing next to it with the landing ramp down. Instead, we get a mini-version in a $20 Jedi Starfighter box. I'm sorry but this was a missed opportunity. I pay $45 for a more film accurate version of the TIE Fighter with larger scale wings and can't even get a Sith Infiltrator that's scaled more accurately? That about sums up my current satisfaction as a collector buying Hasbro's products. Back to Sideshow...

Rocketboy
10-01-2006, 06:41 PM
I have to disagree Slicker. Hasbro has had over 10 years to make this vehicle and do it right.Ummm...10 years?

Val Da Car
10-01-2006, 09:35 PM
Ummm...10 years?

1999 to 2006 (2009).

Feels like 10 years...(not any b******ng)

decadentdave
10-02-2006, 12:05 AM
That's what I meant to say. It feels like we've been waiting for this almost a decade.

Rocketboy
10-02-2006, 12:31 AM
I know. I was just giving you a hard time. :D

Bacta Beast
10-08-2006, 10:15 PM
I agree, be happy with what we got. I'm starting to believe that some of the people in these forums would rather complain then just be thankful that we at least get some new product every year. Just think Hasbro could be giving us only wave upon wave of the famous Flight of the Falcon, Comm-Tech Cantina, Mos Eisley, Hall of Fame Han Solo.

Yeah, and they would belly up too!! If they want our money, if they want the kind that we'd like to give them, they need to gives us what we want! We're not asking for too much. It's not hard to makes us happy! And Hasbro is not doing their best!

Slicker
02-10-2007, 11:30 PM
I was coming in here to revive this thread since NYC Toy Fair is in full motion. I haven't seen much but it's starting...

I also found this little gem that shows my DOMINATING force ability to see the future:

JediTricks
02-11-2007, 12:16 AM
Haw! I get a pass on that, I never asked for it in this scale, I always knew it'd look ridiculously small next to any Maul figure. :p

To be fair, people are never happy because Hasbro never meets their expectations, it's always at least a half step under what it should be. Case in point, TAC Luke Moisture Vaporator with a headsculpt that looks like someone who's never even seen the Star Wars movies, let alone been in them.

plasticfetish
02-11-2007, 12:22 AM
Case in point, TAC Luke Moisture Vaporator with a headsculpt that looks like someone who's never even seen the Star Wars movies, let alone been in them.I think that's really Hamill from Corvette Summer.

JON9000
02-12-2007, 11:24 AM
That's what I meant to say. It feels like we've been waiting for this almost a decade.

Is that why you go by DECADEnt Dave? Badump-bah! lol

Case in point, TAC Luke Moisture Vaporator with a headsculpt that looks like someone who's never even seen the Star Wars movies, let alone been in them.

My gripe with this figure is that I know Hasbro has articulated ANH Luke legs lieing around in bucket loads, yet we still get a Luke with straight legs at a $7 price point. Why? So we have a reason to buy yet another in 2008.

I think 2008 Luke might be the one... Hasbro now has all the parts needed to make an excellent Luke from the remains of lesser Lukes, CODENAME: Frankenluke.

Legs: VOTC Luke
Torso and arms: 2007 Vaporator Luke
Head: 2006 Mos Eisley Luke with lighter hair.

JediTricks
02-13-2007, 04:15 PM
VOTC Luke's legs can only work with figures that sport non-clothed mid-torso articulation as there's no standard waist design to adapt it to, the waist on that figure is part of the figure's unclothed stomach. And, to make matters worse, the VOTC Luke is nearly a head shorter than standard Luke size so his legs are underscaled to any other Luke figure.

Gee, I can't see why collectors are never happy. :rolleyes: :p

Slicker
01-14-2009, 05:01 AM
I've been noticing it's happening more and more.

What's Hasbro's problem?! Why can't they keep everyone happy? Man they suck. :rolleyes: