PDA

View Full Version : Scorch kinda looks a bit poo...

JEDIpartner
02-01-2006, 08:16 AM
The paint applications on the production piece are sloppy and the sculpt looks rather messy. :(

Articulation diagram (http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2006/TSC021scorch12.jpg)
Close-up (http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2006/TSC021scorch10.jpg)
Side view (http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2006/TSC021scorch03.jpg)
Rear view (http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2006/TSC021scorch15.jpg)

Sith Lord 0498
02-01-2006, 08:36 AM
I would say withhold judgement until either you see it in person or different pictures surface because those photos aren't the best looking quality.

Jayspawn
02-01-2006, 08:42 AM
I'm all about the Clone Troopers, but I'll happily be passing on Scorch. He doesnt play well with the movie figures.

Kidhuman
02-01-2006, 08:56 AM
I agree with Sith Lord. I will wait upon seeing one for final judgement. The basis of the figure looks good, but I really hope the paint aps are not like that pic.

starwarsfan1
02-01-2006, 10:34 AM
I have the figure already and the paint apps are very well done.

Battle Droid
02-01-2006, 10:43 AM
Where'd you find him?

starwarsfan1
02-01-2006, 10:47 AM
I got the whole Geonosis wave from a guy I know from California who gets the stuff from Asia. I got them for $5.00 bucks each. Sweet deal for me.:D :thumbsup:

vader68
02-01-2006, 11:40 AM
ARe the paint apps the same as in the pictures , or are they different at all?

DarkArtist
02-01-2006, 11:54 AM
I am so looking forward to Scorch. I hope to find about six. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

jedi master sal
02-01-2006, 12:05 PM
I'm looking forward to this figure. Bad articulation of no. He's just going to go in a diorama anyway. So long as he can hold his gun upright, it doens't matter to me if the knees don't bend.

I just wish Hasbro would hurry up and make the rest of the commandos. With the incessant put-downs about this figure from this and other collecting forums, we may just be shotting ourselves in the feet. Hasbro may look at these posts and wonder why they even bothered to give us a Republice Commando when we trashed it so.

Give it some time. Buy one yourself. If when upon examining it for the first time you don't like it, either take it back or sell it to one of the members here who might be having a hard time finding him.

I think we all jsut need to have some patience with this stuff.

decadentdave
02-01-2006, 12:19 PM
Are you people never happy?!?!?! Sorry, couldn't resist! ;)

CaptainSolo1138
02-01-2006, 12:31 PM
Are you people never happy?!?!?! Sorry, couldn't resist! ;)
Damn you, dd! You beat me to it!:p

decadentdave
02-01-2006, 12:34 PM
:thumbsup:

DarthQuack
02-01-2006, 01:33 PM
Everyone's gotta be Mr. Funnypants....

JEDIpartner
02-01-2006, 02:34 PM
I just think the design is kinda crap and the paint scheme is bad. So-- no, I'm not happy with it at all. There ARE several figures of which I am quite pleased this year. Most of the new ones are beyond fine this one sucks.

Bacta Beast
02-01-2006, 03:09 PM
I'm sorry, I've just come to expect more from Hasbro for the clones after #41. We know they can do, and I don't by that it has to cost an arm and a leg, and besides, we're paying more now anyway. Hasbro knows that most fans want the extra articulation, so what gives? Yes I'll buy this figure, I'll probably buy at least two. But I tired of Hasbro not giving us 100% percent. Especially in a none movie year and with the fear of the line dying due to the end of the saga. Just look at the results of the poll this week, that should be a strong wake-up call to Hasbro. Quit taking collectors for granted! We don't have to buy this stuff! Especially at these prices! And if they want to keep cutting corners on figures (articulation, sculpts, paint jobs, whatever) then the fans will cut corners on their collecting! This isn't an issue of fan's that can't be satisfied! This is an issue of a fat cat toy company taking their base for granted! "oh Scorch will sell for sure, regardless of articulation!" Don't stick up for Hasbro, or feel sorry for them when they announce a figure of a character fans have wanted and folks complain because it's not all we were hoping for! That's Hasbro's fault! They know we want Scorch and they know we like SA. They sure know we want Cody and he should have had SA also! They can do it, they just don't!

Val Da Car
02-01-2006, 03:34 PM
mmmmm if all that was to happen...maybe it could be a Hasbrotoyshop Exclusive and they could charge collectors whatever they wanted.

Make all four, make them SA and charge $50

I might go BONKERS! for it but then again I love clones.

CaptainSolo1138
02-01-2006, 03:34 PM
I'm sorry, I've just come to expect more from Hasbro for the clones after #41. We know they can do, and I don't by that it has to cost an arm and a leg, and besides, we're paying more now anyway. Hasbro knows that most fans want the extra articulation, so what gives?Because then people cry about repaints.
Quit taking collectors for granted!They're not. Because they're actually taking other things into consideration doesn't mean you're being ingored
We don't have to buy this stuff! Especially at these prices!SO DON'T!!! WHO IS MAKING YOU BUY THEM!!!
Don't stick up for Hasbro, or feel sorry for them when they announce a figure of a character fans have wanted and folks complain because it's not all we were hoping for! That's Hasbro's fault!I'm not sticking up for Hasbro. I have no reason to defend Hasbro. They're big boys. If I don't like something, I'll let them know by NOT BUYING IT.

Sith Lord 0498
02-01-2006, 03:48 PM
I'm sorry, I've just come to expect more from Hasbro for the clones after #41. We know they can do, and I don't by that it has to cost an arm and a leg, and besides, we're paying more now anyway. Hasbro knows that most fans want the extra articulation, so what gives? Yes I'll buy this figure, I'll probably buy at least two. But I tired of Hasbro not giving us 100% percent. Especially in a none movie year and with the fear of the line dying due to the end of the saga. Just look at the results of the poll this week, that should be a strong wake-up call to Hasbro. Quit taking collectors for granted! We don't have to buy this stuff! Especially at these prices! And if they want to keep cutting corners on figures (articulation, sculpts, paint jobs, whatever) then the fans will cut corners on their collecting! This isn't an issue of fan's that can't be satisfied! This is an issue of a fat cat toy company taking their base for granted! "oh Scorch will sell for sure, regardless of articulation!" Don't stick up for Hasbro, or feel sorry for them when they announce a figure of a character fans have wanted and folks complain because it's not all we were hoping for! That's Hasbro's fault! They know we want Scorch and they know we like SA. They sure know we want Cody and he should have had SA also! They can do it, they just don't!

You have the right idea with regards to making your opinion known to Hasbro...

So why aren't you doing it??? If you don't like the figure and think they're cutting corners, why are you still going to buy two of them???

Bacta Beast
02-01-2006, 05:07 PM
You have the right idea with regards to making your opinion known to Hasbro...

So why aren't you doing it??? If you don't like the figure and think they're cutting corners, why are you still going to buy two of them???

If Hasbro sees a dip in sales, they're not going to say "Hey, maybe we should be looking at more articulation". They're going to say "Well, interest is waning, guess it's time to move". Just because they hold the license til 2015 doesn't mean they have to use it! We need a more precise way to let Hasbro know exactly what we want. If I don't buy a figure, they dont't know why I didn't buy it. I think forums are the best way, and it's been reported that they have people who check these things.
I never said I completely hate this figure! I just think it's a shame that they didn't put 100% effort into it! And my quess is that this is the only Scorch we'll get. So If I want one, I better get this one. That doesn't mean that I can't sound off about what I don't like about it!

Bacta Beast
02-01-2006, 05:16 PM
Because then people cry about repaints. They're not. Because they're actually taking other things into consideration doesn't mean you're being ingored SO DON'T!!! WHO IS MAKING YOU BUY THEM!!! I'm not sticking up for Hasbro. I have no reason to defend Hasbro. They're big boys. If I don't like something, I'll let them know by NOT BUYING IT.

Why is it okay for you to complain about paint apps but when I complain about articulation (something harder to modify at home than paint schemes) you pick apart my post? It seems to me that it's more important for us collectors to be telling Hasbro what we want (want we don't want, what we think could hurt the line) than to attack other collectors because we don't think their complaints are valid! I stand by what you said about the paint job, I think they should be able to take everything into consideration, if they can't they shouldn't be doing it!

Sith Lord 0498
02-01-2006, 07:04 PM
If Hasbro sees a dip in sales, they're not going to say "Hey, maybe we should be looking at more articulation". They're going to say "Well, interest is waning, guess it's time to move". Just because they hold the license til 2015 doesn't mean they have to use it! We need a more precise way to let Hasbro know exactly what we want. If I don't buy a figure, they dont't know why I didn't buy it. I think forums are the best way, and it's been reported that they have people who check these things.
I never said I completely hate this figure! I just think it's a shame that they didn't put 100% effort into it! And my quess is that this is the only Scorch we'll get. So If I want one, I better get this one. That doesn't mean that I can't sound off about what I don't like about it!

I never meant to give the impression that you couldn't sound off about it. I'm really sorry if you took it that way.

You're right about using the forums to get the reasons why out there. But for that to be effective, one needs to back it up with abstaining from that purchase. Then Hasbro sees a lack of sales for a particular figure, and the reasons for it can then be found on the collecting forums.

If collectors express a severe dislike of the figure but then still buy it anyways (even if it's because it may be the only shot at the time), then all Hasbro sees are collectors griping about something but still buying it. It doesn't affect Hasbro at all. It may even give them the impression that they can then cut more corners without any financial repercussions because "Hey, they didn't like the last one, but they bought 'em up anyways!!!"

Bacta Beast
02-01-2006, 07:31 PM
I just tired of people picking apart my post when everyone has some gripe of their own with Hasbro. And I really didn't take offense at what you said, so please don't think I was just being defensive to you.
I hear what your saying about abstaining from buying, and if I knew that a large number of collectors were going to do the same (to get the point across) then I would gladly participate. But if no one else is going to make the same stand, it would have no effect! And if voting with dollars worked, then what better message could we have sent then all those #41 most of us bought?! In my opinion mainline characters (Han, Leia,Luke, Lando,3PO,Obi,Qui-Gon,Mace) and characters that by their nature are more likely to be put in different action poses (clones, jedi, wookies, etc) should be given more articulation (similar to #41 and Obi-Wan). Background characters don't bother me as much except certain characters, Lushros Dofine for example. Any character whose only time on the screen was spent setting, should be able to do that in plastic. :pleased:

Kidhuman
02-01-2006, 07:39 PM
The one and only thing I abstain from buying with out doubts are the Target 12.99 exclusives. It was cool with the Vader, but then clones and more lava figures were out of control. If the were only 2 bucks more, then yes, but no way in hell is a solo figure(non deluxe) worth that much. Too bad everyone else went put and got them, only keeps em going longer.

Sith Lord 0498
02-01-2006, 08:27 PM
I just tired of people picking apart my post when everyone has some gripe of their own with Hasbro. And I really didn't take offense at what you said, so please don't think I was just being defensive to you.
I hear what your saying about abstaining from buying, and if I knew that a large number of collectors were going to do the same (to get the point across) then I would gladly participate. But if no one else is going to make the same stand, it would have no effect! And if voting with dollars worked, then what better message could we have sent then all those #41 most of us bought?! In my opinion mainline characters (Han, Leia,Luke, Lando,3PO,Obi,Qui-Gon,Mace) and characters that by their nature are more likely to be put in different action poses (clones, jedi, wookies, etc) should be given more articulation (similar to #41 and Obi-Wan). Background characters don't bother me as much except certain characters, Lushros Dofine for example. Any character whose only time on the screen was spent setting, should be able to do that in plastic. :pleased:

I'm glad to hear I didn't offend you because that wasn't my intention.

You do have a good point about all those #41s that were bought. They actually pegwarmed in my area, but I think that's because we got overloaded in response to the huge demand that did exist in the beginning. I think Hasbro may have gotten a message from that...just not same one. Hasbro seems to be giving us a multitude of different clones in the 3.75" line since then (Shocktrooper, AT-AT Driver, Snowtrooper, Cody, Utapau Clonetrooper, etc.).

CaptainSolo1138
02-01-2006, 08:32 PM
Why is it okay for you to complain about paint apps but when I complain about articulation (something harder to modify at home than paint schemes)When did I complain about paint apps? I 100% do not care about paint application, so it wasn't me.

you pick apart my post?
Honestly, Bacta Beast, I wasn't trying to pick apart your post. That wouldn't be fair for me to do. It just happened to be there. No offense, man.

Turbowars
02-01-2006, 09:55 PM
Why is everyone so touchly all of a sudden?:yes: Seems that there's a big issue with people complaining lately. It's always been like that so why now? I guess we need to take all the complaints to the Rancor Pit.;) Maybe these people have jointed a new highly sensitive Religion, something like Christianity.:twisted:

El Chuxter
02-01-2006, 10:06 PM
No he doesn't. Here's a side-by-side comparison. No resemblance at all.

Turbowars
02-01-2006, 10:11 PM
No he doesn't. Here's a side-by-side comparison. No resemblance at all.Got to love a smartass!!:thumbsup:

Kidhuman
02-01-2006, 10:12 PM
The shade of yellow looks the same on both of them.

timmae
02-01-2006, 10:49 PM
i have not bought much this year, but i will buy it no matter what. cool figure.:thumbsup:

Slicker
02-01-2006, 10:50 PM
No he doesn't. Here's a side-by-side comparison. No resemblance at all.Chux, Chux, Chux. Whatever are we gonna do with you?

JEDIpartner
02-02-2006, 07:34 AM
I love to stir the pot... Heh heh heh...

Kidhuman
02-02-2006, 07:58 AM
Is that gumbo?

Dave_Cameron
02-02-2006, 09:55 AM
Heh, not a very good looking figure is it?

JEDIpartner
02-16-2006, 02:23 PM
Oooooh... saw a Scorch in-person today. It really ISN'T a good figure!!

TheDarthVader
02-16-2006, 02:38 PM
I will wait until I see Scorch in person to decide, but it looks like he has the potential to suck.

B.
TDV

Slicker
02-16-2006, 03:05 PM
Oooooh... saw a Scorch in-person today. It really ISN'T a good figure!!That's too funny JP.

JEDIpartner
02-16-2006, 03:36 PM
Well... they said I needed to see it in-person, and I did! :p

jedi master sal
02-16-2006, 04:38 PM
Oooooh... saw a Scorch in-person today. It really ISN'T a good figure!!

Really? Since you didn't get it, would you pick it up for me?? I'm looking to get 6 of him.

-Sal

Lazer Brain
02-16-2006, 05:01 PM
well, i have yet to see one, but it doesn't look too bad. i have noticed with hablah that if there going to give more accessories then they cut out some articulation. a'la jet pack clone Etc... but if you can keep an eye on the quality of the paint job, you can end up with a nice figure.hope to see one around here soon.
later

Warstar
02-16-2006, 07:24 PM
Being that this is the first sculpt in recent memory from an Expanded Universe item, I like the fig :p I'll get Scorch :D

I wish they'd redo the Dark Trooper- imagine the articulation they could get into a sculpt as big as that nowadays :D

rem rem kinobi
02-16-2006, 07:52 PM
:thumbsup: i like scorch anyways, since i have the republic commando video game. i hope they eventually do all the clones from the game.

Blackened88
02-16-2006, 09:34 PM
I really hope they get around to making all of them, just keep using the same sculpt with different accessories, packs and stuff.

Fwad
02-16-2006, 10:07 PM
I hope they make the other 3 also. I would like them a little more poseable.

UKWildcat
02-16-2006, 11:24 PM
I won't pass judgement on Scorch until I have him in my hands...:neutral:

JEDIpartner
02-17-2006, 08:59 AM
Really? Since you didn't get it, would you pick it up for me?? I'm looking to get 6 of him.

-Sal

Went back this morning and it was gone... as anticipated.

Slicker
02-17-2006, 11:58 AM
I just picked him up today and believe me I tried my hardest to be impartial but I'm in total agreeance with you JP, Scorch looks like a bag of smashed a55. I didn't play the video game so that may have something to do with it but his colors just don't look "Star Warsy".

BountyHunterScum
02-17-2006, 12:06 PM
My Scorch looks just fine.

mm74md
02-17-2006, 12:31 PM
Scorch is great. Here's hoping we get the others!

dindae
02-17-2006, 01:03 PM
I have yet to see the figure in person but I'm sure I'll pick it up. If for no other reason then to support an EU character making it to plastic. I don't want the whole universe made but I think there are some good characters that warrant being made. That is mainly why I believe Hasbro would not go all out on this fig.

As far as making your opinion heard with your wallet. I don't think get enough accurate data from their retailers to track one figure over another unless a figure really tanks or really does well. Even if it does what does that mean. Take the Hoth wave the only figure that is sitting on the pegs around here is Derlin. Was it a bad figure or just too obscure? Personally I liked the figure. Take the wave before. Bib sat around for a bit but now is gone. Does that mean the figure sucked. It was better than the last one. But since the figure was just rereleased in the OTC does that people are Bib saturated or that the new scuplt was not good enough to get people to shell out $5-7. So I say post away and make you voice heard with clarity. Go to the conventions and corner them and let them know you're upset that you still don't have the dream Luke/Han/Obi/etc you are looking for because they screwed up the paint app/articulation/head sculpt/etc on the last one. They have come a long way from the barrel chested figures of 95. But if we didn't complain about 5 foot long lightsaber and luke looking more like a WWE wrestler than the lanky farmboy that he is we would still have those craptacular figures coming out.

Kill Solo
02-17-2006, 05:38 PM
Okay, I feel the sentiment of this thread. I too am a huge proponent for SA. After the #41 Clone and the EE Clones I expect only the best when it comes to clones. So when I 1st saw the pics of the minimally articulated Scorch I was like WTF! I was not a happy camper and I was going to boycott the figure (same with Cody). But today, I actually found Scorch, and in person this figure is actually pretty cool. Yeah you can't change the positions of the legs but it is a new and decent sculpt. I like it a lot, and I hope they make the rest of the squad. Gooooo Hasbro!

JEDIpartner
02-22-2006, 08:28 AM
Don't make the rest look so fat.

Val Da Car
02-22-2006, 09:34 AM
Don't make the rest look so fat.

YEA...Fatty figures get no Love!!!!

So there.

I wanted this figure as soon as I found out it was coming out!!!!

I did not care about articulation since to me this figure falls into EU like the Concept Stormtrooper which is in outstanding figure, but none the less raised the bar on any figure.

I love articulated Elbows,knees and ankles on figures just as much as the next guy/gay but I will get 3 or 4 (if I can ever find them) just to make the RC group.

But then again the AT TE gunner has articulated knees, elbows (that fall out) and ankle but he still ranks him on the figure list.

just my half dollar opinion on this matter.

bobafrett
02-22-2006, 10:40 AM
:love:
YEA...Fatty figures get no Love!!!!

So there.

:love:

:love: Including Yarna? :love:

TheDarthVader
02-22-2006, 02:20 PM
A YARNA REFERENCE! YAY!

The scalpers got to the orange clone and scorch and jango fett before I could even look at them. Those were the three missing from Target's shelves this morning. At least I found sun fac, sora, yoda (for a scene), and c3po.

B.
TDV

DarkArtist
03-18-2006, 01:13 PM
just got scorch on friday and all i can say is amazing. I love this figure, i just wish that he wasn't so hard to find. i still want about five more to customize.

Nick Ryder
03-19-2006, 05:01 AM
Well I just found a Scorch, I think only because the Collector/Scalpers didn't feel like coming in on a Friday for some reason. But he's not too bad a figure, doubt I'll take him out out of his protective package simply because of his scarcity. Until I see a few more of him I'll keep him MOC heh... that and he is rather short packed right now. But I dunno if he'll really "fit" well with the other clones I've got right now. Wish they had a more commando lookin' vehicle for him to sorta be around. I mean even the AT-TE green guy doesn't look particularily warsie to me. One of the few figures in my collection I have with my other guys but doesn't feel like a Star Wars figure. Scorch sorta looks like one, but he's not as "slim" as the others.

So really if I don't use him as a part of my little clone army, the articulation won't bug me, that and I dunno he seems like he should have been packaged with a demo or something of RC. Or included as a mail away.

JEDIpartner
03-21-2006, 12:00 PM
I had no intentions of posting anything in this thread. LOL OOOPS!!!