PDA

View Full Version : OT-Code 3 Falcon

ascmclarencoupe
02-01-2006, 12:40 PM
My wife called me on Sunday from the local WM, she was browsing the clearance section and said “there is this huge die-cast Millennium Falcon that I don’t think you have. Is it something you might want?”
The only large die-cast MF that I knew of was the Code 3 model and she confirmed that it was a Code 3. When I asked her how much it was, she said $249.00 and my excitement quickly went downhill.
Monday morning after dropping my son off at school, I stopped by the store to check it out, it had been opened and the outside box had a lot of shelf wear on it but it appeared to be intact otherwise. Still $249.00 was too much for me to spend on an item that I may not be able to return if I got it home and found out it was damaged inside. Besides, I have seen these sell new on eBay for around $220.00.
But the thought of that Falcon sitting there so close to home was eating at me all Monday evening and it had occurred to me that maybe it would actually scan for less than that at the checkout since it was in the clearance section, or maybe I could persuade a mgr. that it needed to be discounted more. :lipsrseal
Then I started reading some MF posts on the Code 3 forms and back in the spring that there were some posts about some Wal-Marts selling them for $249.00 and by the fall they were marked down to as low as $125.00.
Yesterday afternoon I stopped by again, this time with the intention of having it scanned, the whole clearance section had been gone through and re-organized. The Falcon was still there but now it had a large red clearance price tag that said “was 249.00 now 128.00”. I put it in the cart and headed for the checkout lane.
When I got home from work last night, I almost couldn’t contain my excitement and it felt like Christmas morning as I opened everything up and inspected it. I was pleasantly surprised that everything was there and in perfect shape. It appeared that it had not been opened other than the outside boxes themselves.

Sorry for the long off-topic post but I just had to share my joy and wanted to give a heads up to anyone else like me that have been wanting one of these but couldn’t afford to spend $295.00 to get one.

Now, back to hunting Titaniums.

Kidhuman
02-01-2006, 02:53 PM
Well, none the less, tis a great find. I wish I could find it at that price. I wonder my the 4 WM's here never got those in and some did.

Warstar
02-01-2006, 04:21 PM
Generally, only the Texas stores got them, as Code-3 is headquartered there someplace.

GREAT find- they don't have any left...do they? :D

Otherwise, we need a good discussion about Code 3 someplace, simply because I wonder about them- I mean which ones are worth it? Which ones aren't? Etc.

I'm still hoping that Wal-Mart and Wal-Mart.com get in the ESB Cold-Cast poster sculpture...

ascmclarencoupe
02-01-2006, 04:48 PM
I'm not sure how my store ended up with this one because I know that it didn't ever have them in stock as a regular for sale item. Either it was ordered by someone at WM.com and returned to the store or bought at another retail WM store and returned here.
The outer box was very worn and the bottom layers of the cardboard were actually separating from each other so it may have gotten wet at one time or another.

Be assured, I will now be checking the WM clearance sections on a regular basis and if I do find another one I will pick it up. If someone here doesn't want it I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to unload at that price.

Slicker
02-01-2006, 06:31 PM
I know my WM in Va. Beach had an endcap full of them one day then they were all gone the next. I never realized just how big those things were until I saw the box they came in. Doesn't seem too bad for the price.

mm74md
02-02-2006, 10:52 AM
These were in the Hagerstown, MD store as well. I got mine on clearance for $100 and later in the week they went down to $50 and they flew off the shelf! Price matching wouldn't work :(

Warstar
02-02-2006, 04:58 PM
A...Ama...AMAZING!

I know that back in the day, Wal-Mart used to separate their products and stores by volume, thus High-Volume (High Sales) stores would get all kinds of cool stuff while some stores did not. Sounds like they might still do it this way if the Code 3 Falcons made it as far as MD...

Never saw them here. Not too surprising since I am in a town of about 35,000 people and our Wal-Mart, while Super, is sort of low-volume.

At $100- let alone $50- I'd buy one of those Falcons- that would have been amazing...

Good finds, guys! :)

It'd be like the Ultimate ULTIMATE Ultra Titanium Series :D

Kidhuman
02-02-2006, 05:11 PM
It'd be like the Ultimate ULTIMATE Ultra Titanium Series :D

Thats damn hilarious.

Warstar
02-02-2006, 05:23 PM
Add one more word and it's better:

Ultimate ULTIMATE Ultra Titanium Series EXTREME

:D

JediTricks
02-02-2006, 08:46 PM
Rats! I almost certainly would have bought this at $128, but my store which had a bunch for a while hasn't had any since last year. That's a fantastic get though, congratulations.

bobafrett
02-02-2006, 10:39 PM
Dang, I paid the full price when these first came out. I wanted to get the next offerings, but by then I had moved and Rent and utilities ate up most of my "fun" money. Great find though! I wish my Wal-Mart would have sold these.