PDA

View Full Version : ROTS Clone Trooper Mini-Busts

Hellboy
02-01-2006, 04:31 PM
Jayspawn posted a link to these upcoming ROTS Clone Troopers in another thread and at first I only saw the white version. Then I scrolled down and noticed there were pictures of a 501st and Utapau Clone Trooper as well and figured this new assortment definitely warranted it's own thread. :yes:

Based on the pictures it does indeed look as if GG used the same interchangeable arm idea as they did with the AOTC Clone Troopers, which is definitely good news for those that like a variety of poses like myself. Now all we need to do is pray GG doesn't release certain Clones (possibly Commanders) as an SDCC Exclusive like they did with the AOTC Blue Lieutenant.

Jayspawn
02-01-2006, 11:13 PM
Thanks for posting the pics Hellboy. More winners from Gentle Giant! I hope they do Shocktroopers (red) and Star Corps (yellow) Clone Troopers also.

So far 2006 will be a great year for Minibusts!

Samuel Windu
02-02-2006, 08:13 AM
Thanks for posting the pics Hellboy. More winners from Gentle Giant! I hope they do Shocktroopers (red) and Star Corps (yellow) Clone Troopers also.

So far 2006 will be a great year for Minibusts!

Rumor is Shocktrooper will be SDCC Exclusives:bandit:

Jayspawn
02-02-2006, 08:59 AM
Oh hell no. It better not be. With my luck it would be though because I'm not going this year.

jedi master sal
02-02-2006, 11:53 AM

Where did this "rumor" come from? Haven't seen it posted anywhere else yet.

Hellboy
02-02-2006, 06:12 PM
Apparently a dealer on RS has confirmed that the case ratio breaks down like this:

-3X White Troopers
-2X Blue 501st Legion Troopers
-1X Utapau Troopers

I think that pretty much insures I'll be looking to get myself a case of these. :yes:

Hellboy
02-02-2006, 06:13 PM
Sorry double posted somehow

Sith Lord 0498
02-02-2006, 06:38 PM
Apparently a dealer on RS has confirmed that the case ratio breaks down like this:

-3X White Troopers
-2X Blue 501st Legion Troopers
-1X Utapau Troopers

I think that pretty much insures I'll be looking to get myself a case of these. :yes:

Sounds like something two or three collectors could go in on buying (provided they can agree upon who gets what)

Hellboy
02-02-2006, 06:58 PM
Sounds like something two or three collectors could go in on buying (provided they can agree upon who gets what)

Yeah thats a pretty good idea but you know everyone will want the short packed Utapau Clone. :crazed:

I'll probably buy a case and sell one of the White Clones and then buy a second Utapau Trooper since ideally I'd like 2 of each style.

Jayspawn
02-02-2006, 08:19 PM
Yeah after I saw the pictures I knew that I was going to be buying a case to make sure I got all of them. You can go wrong with extra Clones anyway.

jedi master sal
02-03-2006, 09:22 AM
So what would a case of these cost then? I'm assuming the busts will be the regular $40 or so each? So for 6 that's $240, plus whatever tax and/or shipping.

If this is the case assortment, I'd want the whole case except one of the white clones.

Jayspawn
02-03-2006, 11:47 PM
Thats about the price of cases JMS. Give or take a little -it depends on retailers. Some retailers charge an extra $5-10 per bust so that would effect the case price. When the time comes, the etailers will start advertising cases.

BlueSnags
02-08-2006, 09:31 AM
Got a little more info on these. They're up on Forbidden Planet's website for pre-order. They're charging more for the Orange Clone - they apparently think/know that it's going to be the short-packed one. According to them, the clones come in a case of six and its 3 white, 2 blue and 1 orange. The San Diego comic con excl. will probably be the Shocktrooper, if there is an exclusive.

There is nothing better than creating your very own Clone army! Gentle Giant is giving you that opportunity with it's new Clone Trooper 6 pack mini busts from Star Wars Revenge of the Sith. Create your own poses with the interchangeable arms and weapons. Comes with 8 interchangeable pieces, to create 5 possible poses. Stands up to 8" tall, each piece is individually numbered and is Limited Edition.

SET OF 6 CONTAINS:
WHITE – CLONE TROOPER x 3
BLUE – SPECIAL OPS TROOPER x 2
ORANGE – UTAPAU TROOPER x 1

Statue size: 8” TALL - DUE FOR RELEASE AUGUST 2006

swabie2424
02-17-2006, 10:25 PM
Thanks, as always, for the info, Snags. These are gonna be great. Always a fan of the Clones!

Samuel Windu
02-18-2006, 07:25 AM

Unfortunatelly,this rumor came true:cry:

Jayspawn
02-18-2006, 09:06 PM
"NNnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!" -Darth Vader

Jayspawn
02-18-2006, 09:07 PM
I wonder how early I can have my kidney removed before I can sell it. Would I get more for it on Ebay or at a posh clinic?

Samuel Windu
02-19-2006, 05:05 AM
Don't know if you have read this before.

"The range of Gentle Giant trooper busts will expand in August with three new styles.
Each stand between 5.5 and 7" tall AND there will be three variations.
Pre-orders are advised as these items will sell out and some variants are being
produced in much smaller runs than others."

Looks all kinds of trooper will be relaesed.Let's hunt them all............

nash
02-24-2006, 01:39 AM
Im also not happy about the shocktrooper being the SDCC exclusive. Im praying that GG will realize how in DEMAND this one is and will bump the edition size significantly. this is one piece where i DO NOT care if it isnt worth a penny over retail. I just WANT IT!

nash
02-25-2006, 05:36 AM
Does anyone know if GG usually sells a small portion of their convention exclusives on their website, or are they only available if you attend the conventions?

Also, anyone have any news when the 3 color clones go on sale at GG site?

Jayspawn
02-25-2006, 10:17 AM
No, GG doesnt not sell their Exclusives on their site. IF they do -its gonna be for Collector's Club Members (fingers crossed).

The 3 Clones are available on their website. But they are showing as 'out of stock' when you click add to cart.

nash
02-25-2006, 11:30 AM
how do you get to be a collector's club member of GG?

Jayspawn
02-25-2006, 08:34 PM
Just go to their website and signup for their newsletter -then you're in!

BlueSnags
03-02-2006, 02:22 PM
Had 3 Blue Clone Mini Busts on order for SWS.com that i just cancelled. Looks like they are up on the site (just 3 of them) if any of you SSGers want 'em.

Link: http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=104825;category_id=367;pcid 1=;pcid2=