PDA

View Full Version : THANKS FOR THE: Hologram Pack-Ins

Sith Lord 0498
02-01-2006, 07:33 PM
The holographic figure pack-ins included with the new Saga Collection figures have to be one of the best bonuses I've seen yet (probably second only to the Marvel Legends Sentinel, Galactus, etc. pieces). At first, I was skeptical about them, but I am absolutely amazed at the level of detail put into these mini-figures. Figures like Yoda, Boba Fett, and Han Solo really shine when exposed to light (seriously no pun intended there). It's just that such small minute details such as Fett's armor markings stand out significantly.

The fact that the prices of the basic figures have only risen by roughly $1.50 (less at Wal-Mart) makes these holograms even more impressive because these clearly aren't just cheap knock-offs. It looks as though a lot of work was put into these.

My only request is MAKE MORE HOLOGRAMS FOR THIS YEAR!!!! I can't fathom the idea of only having these 12. In fact, here are some suggestions for future holograms:

Qui-Gon Jinn
Jabba the Hutt (maybe make it in scale with the others and put it with a deluxe figure)
Mace Windu
Princess Leia
Chancellor Palpatine
Jango Fett
C-3PO
R2-D2
Clonetrooper
Clone Commander
Chewbacca
General Grievous

Another good idea would be to produce the Dejarik table holo-chess pieces. It fits with this concept, and you'll be giving us something collectors have been asking about for years.

In fact, perhaps you could produce a nice raised plastic chess board and offer it as a POP mail-in offer because your existing holograms would make excellent chess pieces (plus it'd encourage us to buy more figures in order to get a whole chess set :) )

Kidhuman
02-01-2006, 07:41 PM
I have to agree, the holos are sweet. I was pleasently suprised by them. Keep up the good work Hasbro, been a good year with all that has and will be released.

DarkArtist
02-02-2006, 09:28 AM
Yes the holograms have been a welcome addition to the family of packin's that have come before. I would love to see perhaps some more neutral poses however, like a Vader similiar to ESB when he has his arms crossing talked with Veers, plus this would be a great companion to the already released General Veers figure, or even kneeling in front of the Emperor. :yes: :yes:

Defiantly need to continue making these holos though, 12 just won' do.

Maybe even a Commander Cody for the Order 66 scence from ROTS.

jedi master sal
02-02-2006, 10:39 AM
Yeah these holos are GREAT! I've almost got a complete set to make a chess set from them, then I'm going for a second set to paint them.

Great Job!

I too echo the sentiments that you should make more than just the 12 holos that are out there right now. Perhaps 12 different holos per year?

In any event, I appreciate the little extra something.

Thanks Hasbro!
-Sal

dr_evazan22
02-02-2006, 03:32 PM
I'm not looking to create dissent but I could really do without the holo's, and would just prefer that no gimmicks be included, and that the price stay at 4.99.

Kidhuman
02-02-2006, 04:56 PM
I dont think the holos raised the price of the figures, non movie year, less hype and more focus to collectors it seems was the reasdon for the price increase. The holo's are just a sweet bonus to ease the pain.

Sith Lord 0498
02-02-2006, 05:55 PM
I'm not looking to create dissent but I could really do without the holo's, and would just prefer that no gimmicks be included, and that the price stay at 4.99.

Hey don't worry about creating dissent. I'd be shocked if everyone sang praises for these things. At least you didn't unnecessarily b**ch out Hasbro for it!! :)

Still, I'd have to say I don't think the holos had anything to do with the price increase either. The POTJ line was up there in price too if I remember correctly. This typically happens following a movie year. This is just the first time it feels fair...if that makes any sense... :)

Slicker
02-02-2006, 07:16 PM
I'm indifferent on the holos. Since I don't open the figures I just look for the holo that belongs with the adjoining figure the most. Although I'm quite happy with my Vader holo with my Veers figure. They're a good idea...if you're an opener but since I'm carded you don't even see the holo when displayed.

Turbowars
02-02-2006, 11:20 PM
Hey Hasbro your Holo sucks! No but really I don't find them useful at all. So you think that Hasbro if giving these Holos to us for free? Think again Bros! hasbro bumped up the price and threw these in so we wouldn't cry to much about the increase. We have gotten some really great figures and the stands are great to. I think it's a combo of things that put the figures up to 6.99. If anyone wants mine they can have them. You will have to pay for shipping and my time though. I don't run a charity.

jedi master sal
02-03-2006, 02:01 AM
I'll take them off your hands, Turbo.

Sith Lord 0498
02-03-2006, 05:59 AM
Personally, I could care less if they're supposedly using the holos to cushion the blow of an increased price. By and large, we're getting higher quality figures, an entirely new subline to collect, and some of the nicest stands yet that are unique to each figure (sorry, but I got tired of seeing the same three or four generic "environment" bases used in the ROTS line). I could care less that I'm paying $5.88 per figure at Wal-Mart.

Even $6.99 is acceptable, but beyond that is pushing things too far. This is the point where they should cap the price.