PDA

View Full Version : THANKS FOR THE: Unleashed Battlepacks

Sith Lord 0498
02-01-2006, 07:41 PM
I am thoroughly impressed by the way these miniature Unleashed figures have turned out!!

I do have two suggestions/criticisms and I'll get them out of the way first:

Please use a stronger plastic. Lightsaber blades bend easily while still packaged as do the legs in the Battle Droid pack. Also, more articulation please (mostly in arms and heads). The Wookiee Warriors is a good example. I'm surprised most of the arms wouldn't move.

Now onto the good... :)

Great assortment of poses

Great paint applications and sculpting details (Gree, Felucia clones, and Wookiees kick a**!!!)

Good work on the comparative scaling between figures

Excellent selection of characters so far

Great articulation on the Kashyyyk clonetroopers!!

Please keep this line going for a long time (and please improve the sturdiness). Maybe we can even get diorama-like playsets for them (Endor bunker, Hoth shield generator, Kashyyyk lagoon shores, etc.) and some smaller-scale figure/vehicle packs as well (AT-RT, Wookiee Flyer, Speeder Bikes, Republic Gunship, etc.)

DarkArtist
02-02-2006, 09:22 AM
I agree, again another line that has impressed me. I picked up Gree's legion last night and have them at my station in work. They are great for display and limited play, and they almost remind of the classic green army men, loved those things. As far as vehicles go, I say bring it. even if they include a plastic version of the titanium series speeder bikes.

Also bases and expansion sets are a must, the bunker would be awesome and even a geonosis arena, death star style set, the possibilities are endless.

Way to go Hasbro really A+:thumbsup:

jedi master sal
02-02-2006, 10:36 AM
Yeah, I have to agree with both of the guys above. I love these sets. I've been getting two of each or more depending on the sets.

I'd buy more if they were a little cheaper say in the $7-8 range, but I still like them alot.

More sets please, just a tad more articulation would be nice.

The sculpts and paint apps are great! For such small figs you are doing a great job of nailing the likenesses, imo.

Keep 'em coming!
-Sal

Sith Lord 0498
02-02-2006, 06:34 PM
An addendum to my earlier suggestions for small vehicles and playsets. A good reference point would be to follow what Toy Biz did with their "Lord of the Rings: Armies of Middle Earth" line.

There were the three packs (equated with the current Battlepacks), single figure packs w/ "transports" (Gandalf on Shadowfax for example)...this would be where you could make clonetroopers on BARC speeders and AT-RTs...and lastly small "environment" playsets.

The Star Wars equivalent for these "environment" playsets could be:

Episode I: The Phantom Menace
Theed hangar duel
Great Plains Battle (Gungans vs. Trade Federation)

Episode II: Attack of the Clones
Geonosian arena
Kaminoan landing platform

Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Battle of Utapau
Battle of Kashyyyk (lagoon area)
Jedi Temple (Order 66)
Mustafar duel

Episode IV: A New Hope
Death Star hangar bay
Death Star detention block

Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
Hoth shield generator
Dagobah training (perhaps the Dark Side tree)
Carbon freezing chamber
Cloud City duel - processing vane

Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
Endor shield bunker
Ewok village
Emperor's throne room

jedi master sal
02-03-2006, 02:05 AM
A most excellent idea, Sith Lord 0498 !

These would be very cool sets to have. They would be small enough that everyone could get them. Even we collectors for whom space is at a premium in our households. The pricepoint would be fairly attractive too, as I can't see them going over $20 (especially if you include a fig or two).

Great suggestion!
-Sal

Sith Lord 0498
02-03-2006, 05:56 AM
A most excellent idea, Sith Lord 0498 !

These would be very cool sets to have. They would be small enough that everyone could get them. Even we collectors for whom space is at a premium in our households. The pricepoint would be fairly attractive too, as I can't see them going over $20 (especially if you include a fig or two).

Great suggestion!
-Sal

Exactly the price I was thinking. Actually, more of a range from $15-30 ($30 of course being for the larger sets such as the throne room, Mustafar, Carbon Freezing chamber). They probably wouldn't have to include too many pack-in figures with some of the sets. Kashyyyk lagoon for example already has 15 figures for it just from packs included in waves 1 and 2.

So does anybody think it may be a good idea to assemble a type of "sales pitch" for this type of Unleashed battlepack expansion, circulate it here and on other forums as a petition, and send it directly to Hasbro's product development team???

I know they supposed read these forums, but it might help get the point across much better.

Just a thought...

jedi master sal
02-03-2006, 09:25 AM
So does anybody think it may be a good idea to assemble a type of "sales pitch" for this type of Unleashed battlepack expansion, circulate it here and on other forums as a petition, and send it directly to Hasbro's product development team?

Go for it! It can't hurt.
Count me as your first signature (well after yours that is).

-Sal

Slicker
02-03-2006, 10:21 AM
I just saw all four of the new sets today and they utterly obliterate the first wave in terms of sculpt and paint. They look real good and I like how Yoda is doing his swinging flying attack thingie. I may have to start collecting these.

*Slick's wallet lets out a groan*

DarkArtist
02-03-2006, 10:47 AM
I would also sign that petition and here are some more ideas to consider:

Tatoonie:
Battle at the Sarlacc
Blast Off at Docking Bay 94
Mos Eisley Cantina

and even though this falls under EU:
Dark Forces I
Dark Forces II
Republic Commando
Knights of the Old Republic
perhaps even some Battlefront themes

Vehicles:
Millennium Falcon
StarFighters (x-wing,y-wing,b-wing,a-wing,e-wing)
Clone Wars Starfighter
Jedi Starfighter AOTC & ROTS
Snowspeeder
Speeder Bikes
AT-ST
AT-AT
TIE Fighters (advanced,defender,bomber,interceptor)

jedi master sal
02-04-2006, 06:11 AM
DarkArtist, your suggestions of the Republic Commando and Knights of the Old Republic sets are excellent. Though I know they frown on EU, this could DEFINITELY be one way to get these figures made, if not in 3 3/4 scale. I'd love to have a set of Republic Commandos to set up on my desk at work!

jedibear
02-08-2006, 09:34 PM
But Sithlord 0498 brings up a valid point on the plastic...it is a little soft. Not only do the lightsaber blades end up bent, but some of figures have a tough time standing (Grievous & Bodyguard...in the case of Grievous...I think the "stand" is on the wrong foot...mine won't stand on it's own unless I have it "dueling" Obi-Wan)

When I first read about these my initial thought was...isn't WOTC doing this already? But the "Unleashed" sets have a couple of great advantages...slightly larger and the good looking packaging that allows you to see what you're getting.
I don't like to gamble...and with the WOTC figures, that's exact;y what you do...buy a set hoping that one of the figures is one you really want. No thanks...

I've only got the first assortment (the "Utapau" wave) and they are well-detailed fun sets. I especially like the Clones...and the Magna Guard makes me wish they would do a regular-sized figure sculpted like that...
I like Dark Artist's comment about the "green Army men"...yeah, these do harken back to that...they don't take up alot of space and as long as the quality stays up there, I say bring 'em on!

Another great possibility is the chace to get vehicles in this scale that would not have to be compromised size-wise like the ones for the regular figures have been. Can you imagine a Republic Gunship Unleashed Battlepack set? An ATAT? Or my personal request...and AT-TE!

I also like the idea of doing deluxe sets or "beast/small vehicle" sets...man, it would be totally cool to get a ROTS Obi-Wan riding Boga into some tabletop action...hopefully at the proper scale and deco/detailing that the regular figure version lacked.

Looking forward to those new Kashyyyk sets showing up in my neck of the woods...oh, and nice ads in the comics and mags for these Hasbro...

Jayspawn
02-09-2006, 11:02 AM
I hate to throw the water on the fire, but i cant say it enough....

THE BATTLE PACKS STINK!!!!!!!

These pieces of crap are once again proof that Hasbro cut corners to save themselves money. The detail on these are horrible! I gag and have to take a few minuets to recover everytime I see the Obi-Wan/ Grevious pack. Could the paint jobs BE any worse?

Thankfully, these warm the pegs at everyone of my area stores so hopefully retailers will stop ordering this assortment, and toss them in to meet their untimely death on the clearance endcap.

DarkArtist
02-24-2006, 10:44 AM
I love these sets, I think they are great and they have a nostaglic feel to them. I hope Hasbro continues to release these sets. I still can't find the Utapau Clones, or the General Grievous / Obi Wan Sets. I looking forward to seeing the Hoth Wave and the Snowspeeder set.

I would love to see an Endor set with a Bunker Complex, AT-ST and perhaps two Scout Troopers on speeder bikes. An great expansion set could be an Imperial Shuttle, Han, Leia and Luke in endor gear, and perhaps some endor rebels. Maybe even a Luke and Leia Combo on a speeder bike.

Another idea would involve EU, Dark Forces, and Jedi Knight. We could have Kyle Katarn, Phase I,II and III Dark Troopers, regular stormtroopers, Jan Ors, and the Moldy Crow. Also for the Jedi Knight sets, Jerec, Boc, Sariss, Gorc and Pic, and Yu, also a Jedi Kyle and perhaps Rahn.

Other sets could include, Republic Commando, Knights of the Old Republic, Rogue Squadron and perhaps New Jedi Order.

jedi master sal
02-24-2006, 11:01 AM
I still can't find the Utapau Clones, or the General Grievous / Obi Wan Sets.

I might be able to find the clone set for you. Does card condition matter?

It would just be cost plus shipping.

-Sal

Jayspawn
02-24-2006, 03:29 PM
All of them are warming the pegs at everyone of my stores. Either that or they are selling out immediatly and they are being restocked just as fast. Ha, but I dought it.

Slicker
02-24-2006, 03:35 PM
I just got back from Target and these Battlepacks are indeed warming. There were a couple of them just laying on the shelf about 3 days ago and I went there today and they were in the exact same location. It's weird that the newer ones are warming and the old set was rarely seen by me. The new ones look much better, IMO which is why this is weird.

Umbra
02-24-2006, 10:08 PM
DarkArtist, your suggestions of the Republic Commando and Knights of the Old Republic sets are excellent. Though I know they frown on EU, this could DEFINITELY be one way to get these figures made, if not in 3 3/4 scale. I'd love to have a set of Republic Commandos to set up on my desk at work!

First, i must agree with the assessment that these figures look great from what i've seen so far. Unfortunatly i've yet to get these figures in hand for a closer inspection.

However, I too like the idea of a few EU sets worked in, could probably squeeze off some New Jedi Order or Rogue/Wraith Squadron sets aswell.

I for one am always looking for a way some EU figures might get a leg up into 3 3/4 scale and this might be away. or at least a way to see them made at all.

Turbowars
02-25-2006, 09:20 PM
Too bad for Hasbro that all of us don't share your liking of these sets. I can't believe that there's more pegs of these than basic figures. Didn't like the idea before they came out and don't like them now. I loved to 7in versions and now that they are planning a full repaint wave for WM, I really can careless for both versions.

DarkArtist
02-27-2006, 12:22 PM
Just found the Commander Cody General Grievous set. Now it's just waiting until the Hoth wave is released.

it's true not everyone is into the battle-packs and some are warming the pegs, but not for nothing so are some of the TSC figures. This weekend I went to the TRU in Freehold and saw about 10 Veers sitting on the shelves. Not to mention the Bib's and Barada's. Everyone has their likes and dislikes, that what makes this hobby that much more fun.

DARTHSPAWN
03-06-2006, 06:32 PM
Cant wait to get my hands on the Unleashed snow speeder. At first i tought man unleashed small ! nah its gonna suck, But after i saw the first battle pack i went nuts and bougth 4. :love:

But that doesnt mean i dont like my favorite LARGE size unleashed figures. THE DETAILING WAS AWSOME. Small ones are ok. But love the large ones.

Jayspawn
03-07-2006, 04:38 PM
You know if the few people who are buying these space wasting pieces of crap would stop, Hasbro will bring back the good Unleashed figures again.

DARTHSPAWN
03-07-2006, 05:36 PM
I hope so too. I do miss the BIG DETAILED UNLEASHED FIGURES..

DarkArtist
03-08-2006, 05:30 PM
For some reason Hasbro deemed that the larger figures weren't getting the big cash results hence the axe of the line. In truth I only liked about five of the figures that were released, Luke Jedi, Vader, Leia Slave, Padme and the Clone Trooper. The rest I could take or leave.
As far as the battle packs go, these are great for some Star Wars Decoration in small spaces ie, apartments, offices, places of work. Plus the idea is a little easier on the wallet. One can get 4 mini figures and once the hoth line is released, one can get some vehicles and enviroments that might be cheap and detailed.

TheDarthVader
03-08-2006, 08:34 PM
I agree with turbo. These packs stink and they take up valuable space that could have been used for basic figures.

B.
TDV

jedi master sal
03-09-2006, 01:56 PM
I agree with turbo. These packs stink and they take up valuable space that could have been used for basic figures.

B.
TDV

I still enjoy them immensely. Can't wait for teh Hoth sets!

IF you take them out of the package they don't take up much space at all. Of course I know you menat store shelf/peg space. Really I think other lines like the Force Battlers, SW Transformers, and definitely those choppers need to get the ax before the Unleashed Battle Pack line does.

Sith Lord 0498
03-09-2006, 09:50 PM
I still enjoy them immensely. Can't wait for teh Hoth sets!

IF you take them out of the package they don't take up much space at all. Of course I know you menat store shelf/peg space. Really I think other lines like the Force Battlers, SW Transformers, and definitely those choppers need to get the ax before the Unleashed Battle Pack line does.

I agree completely with you on this. All three of those lines are serious pegwarming peg-hogs at every WM I've been in to date. In fact, today the TFs were encroaching on the Battlepack pegs! :)