PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Titanium Series

Sith Lord 0498
02-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Keep 'em coming!!!! That's all I can say. So far, we've been given a plethora of ships and vehicles from across the entire Saga (PT and OT alike). There are even some I never thought I'd see (Republic Swamp Speeder, Venator Star Destroyer). The work put into these is incredible for the pricepoint they're at.

Here are some suggestions for future vehicles. If you don't have existing molds, please consider making new ones. These Titaniums are selling out rapidly in my area (Northeastern Pennsylvania) and interest is definitely high.

SSD Executor
Acclamator-class Star Destroyer (AOTC)
BARC Speeder
AT-ST
Hailfire Droid
Separatist tank (the one on the water during Battle of Kashyyyk)
Wookiee Catamaran
V-Wing starfighter
Jedi Starfighter w/ hyperdrive ring (AOTC)
Trade Federation battleship
Trade Federation MTT
STAP
Geonosian starfighter
Count Dooku's Solar Sailer
AT-TE w/ Republic dropship
Republic Cruiser (TPM)

jedi master sal
02-02-2006, 12:25 PM
I'm right there with you, Sith Lord 0498!

This is one of the best lines, IMO in awhile to have the SW name attached to it.

Lots of cool ships, great price.

Just keep them coming.

Again, Sith Lord 0498 has a good list to go by. Some of those should be done not only as the small versions but the larger $20 versions as well.

For the record I'd buy all but about two on Sith Lord 0498's list as the small scale and at least half or more if they were done in the larger scale.

There's money to be made with this line, please keep making them and please consider our request. We're not just collectors, wee're FANS of the movies and YOUR product.

Thanks Hasbro!
-Sal

Sith Lord 0498
02-02-2006, 06:48 PM
For the record, these are the ships I'd likely buy if done in the Ultra line:

SSD Executor
Acclamator-class Star Destroyer (AOTC)
Hailfire Droid
Wookiee Catamaran
V-Wing starfighter
Jedi Starfighter w/ hyperdrive ring (AOTC)
Count Dooku's Solar Sailer
AT-TE w/ Republic dropship

Slicker
02-02-2006, 08:00 PM
These Titaniums are really a surprise for me too. I wasn't really in to the MM line until they went on clearance at TRU years and years ago and I snatched up almost all of the playsets and AF vehicles. Now the Titaniums come out and I really, really like them. I have yet to take them from there coffin but just the look of them is nice and for me every one of them is a new sculpt since I wasn't crazy about the minis back in the day.

BTW, nice list.:thumbsup:

DarkArtist
02-09-2006, 03:55 PM
The Super Star Destroyer actually has a mold already when they released back in the POTF days. There was also the Action Fleet version of the SSD with the electronics built into it.

I would love Hasbro if they released that again. I passed on it when it was on sale at Kay Bee Toys, and now I am kicking myself. I looked on Ebay for one and they fetch a couple hundred.

I really wish that Hasbro would just bring back the Action Fleet line all together. Especially if the Ultra line is any indication of how well the line would do.

JediTricks
02-09-2006, 04:39 PM
You're thinking of the Collectors Fleet Super Star Destroyer from Hasbro, there's never been an Action Fleet mold of the SSD. The CF SSD is nice, I have it, the top section is translucent blue with only a partial gray overspray for no obvious reason so that'd have to be fixed, and the bridge is simplistic, but it's still a pretty nifty item.

However, you are right that Galoob made a Die Cast SSD, I have it, it's pretty nice, Hasbro will likely put it out in the Titanium 3" line because they've been mining Galoob's DC line so far for over half its entries.

I love the Titanium 3" series and hope it continues for a long time. I am glad to see there is interest right now in stores, I hope the momentum keeps going. But I'd like to see the Action Fleet line make a comeback, the pricepoint served it better than the Titanium 6" Ultra.

DarkArtist
02-10-2006, 08:42 AM
Your right about the SSD was in the Collector's Fleet. I thought that the item was made by Galoob so I figured it was part of the line. Either way Hasbro could re-release it and include it in the Ultra Line.

jedi master sal
02-10-2006, 11:37 AM
I'd much rather have teh SSD as the larger Die Cast than the small version. The more detail the better. The Venator class Republic Destroyer lacks detail, and while I'm glad they made it, it could have been better done. Those ships lend themselves to larger molds much better than the smaller versions.

JediTricks
02-10-2006, 03:41 PM
Your right about the SSD was in the Collector's Fleet. I thought that the item was made by Galoob so I figured it was part of the line. Either way Hasbro could re-release it and include it in the Ultra Line.
Sadly, Galoob was limited to how large of ships they could make, 6" being the max which is why a few had funky designs. The CF SSD is *way* too big for the Ultra line, it'd be at least twice as long of packaging as the current setup, but they should find a way to rerelease those CF ships in some format anyway because they were very nice.

DarkArtist
02-11-2006, 01:47 PM
I wasn't crazy about the Blockade Runner, it just looked to bulky and unproportioned. The Imperial and Super Class Star Destroyer were just awesome. I, like and idiot, passed on both. Still Hasbro should perhaps think about re-doing the line and perhaps giving us a Victory Class, maybe even a Republic Star Destroyer.

JediTricks
02-11-2006, 07:54 PM
I never bought the Rebel Blockade Runner, but I did regret missing it when I finally saw it in person. I thought it looked pretty decent.

I have the other 2 and they are very nice, I can't find my ISD though.

jedi master sal
02-12-2006, 03:02 PM
I wasn't crazy about the Blockade Runner, it just looked to bulky and unproportioned. The Imperial and Super Class Star Destroyer were just awesome. I, like and idiot, passed on both. Still Hasbro should perhaps think about re-doing the line and perhaps giving us a Victory Class, maybe even a Republic Star Destroyer.

Hear hear!!

The Acclamator class (Clonetrooper cruiser in AOTC) would be awesome at that scale. Same for the Venator class Destoryer (ROTS Star Destroyer)

I still think they should make the Mon Cal cruiser and now the Seperatist cruisers. Noone has done those yet, so they'd make a killing on these, IMO.

-Sal

JediTricks
02-13-2006, 03:09 AM
The Mon Cal cruiser was planned to come out during or soon after the CF SSD, but the line tanked and nothing came of it.