PDA

View Full Version : SW Transformers...not very good execution

Sith Lord 0498
02-01-2006, 09:40 PM
While it was an inventive idea and held a lot of promise, I have to say that Hasbro dropped the ball on the Transformers line.

The biggest problem I had (as did other collectors I know) was they are too flimsy. I ended up returning my Obi-Wan Transformer because the hand snapped off while I was trying to transform it. A similar thing happened to a friend of mine with his Darth Vader Transformer.

If you're going to continue this line, please make them sturdier so they don't break into pieces.

decadentdave
02-01-2006, 09:54 PM
Are you people never happy?!?!?!? Heh heh heh... :D

Kidhuman
02-01-2006, 11:10 PM
I disagree, they look great in vehicle mode. I have only seen the pics of them in Robot mode, but will be picking some up tomorrow and will give you a better report on them. I have Grievous and the X-wing on lay-a-way, need ot get Vader.

jedi master sal
02-02-2006, 12:38 PM
I was not at all excited at the prospect of these. I think they should not be crossovers. I did buy the Obi-wan Transformer. That was only because we as yet don't have this ship in that scale as a regular (non Transformer) toy. Otherwise I would have passed up on it.

I'm generally a big supporter of all things SW-Hasbro, but this line is not one of them. The robot forms look nothing like the characters. I think it's a huge injustice to both the characters of SW and Transformers in general.

I suppose if the root mode looked more like the characters I might be more inclined to get them. The problem is the robot mode only works for certain characters. Namely those in armor like Vader, Grievous and troopers.

Okay idea, but the execution of it wasn't all that great and the melding of two DISTINCT toy lines doesn't jive with every one and doesn't mean an automatic success for the crossover line.

-Sal

Kidhuman
02-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Ok, I picked up the Grievous today and it is a piece of s**t. The damn thing started falling apart. It is horrible. I left it in vehicle mode. I am not buying anymore of these. I gave it my best Hasbro, ya let me down. But thanks for the holos.

Rogue II
02-02-2006, 03:22 PM
My wife came home with the Luke Transformer this weekend. She forgot that I told her I didn't want to collect these. So, she was going to return it and let me order the internet exclusive Wedge figure.