PDA

View Full Version : Qui-Gon Jinn Lightsbaber Revealed!

SirSteve
02-02-2006, 06:50 PM
Check out the news:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/news/?m=show&id=32169

decadentdave
02-02-2006, 07:16 PM
It's about time!!! I'm all over this one. Too bad no Liam Neeson Signature Edition. That would have been tops but at least my collection with have completion.

I wonder how much the Collector's Editions will sell for? Nifty stand but I'm going with the LE.

Sith Lord 0498
02-02-2006, 08:22 PM
I actually prefer the CE stand over the traditional LE display stands. If they release Darth Vader ROTJ as a CE, I just may have to buy it for that reason (that and a full-scale Vader saber at a more affordable price is always a plus).

Jayspawn
02-02-2006, 08:33 PM
Yeah I'm curious about the price of the CE's. Too bad about there not being a Signature Edition.

I'll be getting the LE for sure. The stand that the CE comes with is nifty but it would be a pain to keep dusting the exposed replica.

Looks awesome! Cant wait to order mine.

nash
02-02-2006, 08:40 PM
Jay are you or did you buy the 06 CS kit? Or will you just wait until the 9th for public ordering? Im on the fence....dont know if I should wait and see what happens with the pricing, or if I should just get my order in early.

Jayspawn
02-02-2006, 09:58 PM
I havnt jumped on the '06 CS yet. I'm on the fence too. I'm tempted to signup now anyways. But...yeah I'm not sure yet. I cant see my '05 coupons, probably because my CS is expired. I cant remember how many LE coupons we had in '05, I used one already. If I have another I'll probably use it on the Qui-Gon LE.

nash
02-03-2006, 12:51 AM
jay there was 2 LE coupons $50 off.

2005 Coupons

o CSSTUDIO-2005 ($100 credit towards the purchase of a Studio Scale Replica)
o CSLE-2005 ($50 credit towards the purchase of a Limited Edition (LE),
Signature Edition (SE), or Helmet (Sorry, not redeemable on Elite Editions)
o CSLE2-2005 ($50 credit towards the purchase of a Limited Edition (LE),
Signature Edition (SE), or a Helmet
o CSFX-2005 ($30 credit towards the purchase of an FX)
o CSSCALED-2005 ($10 credit towards the purchase of a .45 Scaled Replica)
o CSSCALED2-2005 ($10 credit towards the purchase of a .45 Scaled Replica)

Jayspawn
02-03-2006, 08:42 AM
Thanks nash! I only used 1 LE coupon in '05 so I'll probably use the other to order the Qui-Gon lightsaber.

Problem is, I think I need to rejoin in order to use it.

C5Jedi
02-03-2006, 04:27 PM
It's about time!!! I'm all over this one. Too bad no Liam Neeson Signature Edition. .

That's why I'm waiting for the signature edition. :thumbsup:

nash
02-03-2006, 05:43 PM
Jay fear not, below is from AMY.

We are working on this problem. If you have recently placed an order you want to use it on, please send us an email to customerservice@masterreplicas.com with the order number and the code you want to use and we will take care of it for you.

DarthInwah wrote:
Amy,

regarding the Y-Wing, I was not able to use the 2005 cs coupon. I thought they would still be able to be used. I would rather use the 05 coupon and save the 06 coupon for later.

thanx!

I'll send a PM as well.

decadentdave
02-03-2006, 06:36 PM
That's why I'm waiting for the signature edition. :thumbsup:

They usually offer an SE concurrent to whatever LE they are selling if it is available. The fact that they did not announce an SE for Qui-Gon leads me to believe that Liam Neeson was unavailable or simply not interested in signing as is the case with Ewan McGregor and Harrison Ford. I really wish Ian McDiarmid had been available for the Darth Sidious lightsaber or the Emperor's Cane but for one of those two reasons it was not meant to be. I think Liam Neeson may either be too busy in his schedule or not willing to sign. Sucks I know. :(

Jayspawn
02-03-2006, 11:02 PM
Since Neeson generally refuses to sign ANY Star Wars items, I think its safe to say there is NOT going to be a Signiture Edition. So I wouldnt wait on one.

C5Jedi
02-04-2006, 04:14 PM
They usually offer an SE concurrent to whatever LE they are selling if it is available. The fact that they did not announce an SE for Qui-Gon leads me to believe that Liam Neeson was unavailable or simply not interested in signing as is the case with Ewan McGregor and Harrison Ford. I really wish Ian McDiarmid had been available for the Darth Sidious lightsaber or the Emperor's Cane but for one of those two reasons it was not meant to be. I think Liam Neeson may either be too busy in his schedule or not willing to sign. Sucks I know. :(

Patience... There's only so many lightsabers and weapons they can make that are not SE. Signature editions are another way of selling the product. They'll figure something out. Give them time. I wouldn't be the least surprised if some unexpected Signature editions pop up in the future.

The at-at is a good example. First offered as a regular version - didn't get suckered into that right away. Waited and sure enough a SE came out with a much better base featuring the snow and snowspeeder.

Never say Never.

:D

nash
02-08-2006, 09:22 PM
gah, I gave in. Got my pre-order on the Qui Gon LE in at about 8:57am. seems they posted it up for order 5 minutes early.

Jayspawn
02-09-2006, 10:54 AM
nash, did your '05 coupons pop back up after you rejoined?

nash
02-10-2006, 09:35 PM
Jay, nope only the 06 coupons pop up, but it doesnt mean the 05 coupons will not work. In fact this is what I did.

I had originally used my first 05 LE coupon ($50 off) on the anakin rots le when MR had their big sale the end of last year. When I got the anakin saber it was badly damaged so I sent it back for a full refund.

I pm'd Amy about this and she told me to just place the order for Qui Gon at regular price and then to PM her with the coupon I wanted to use and she would take care of it in the computer system for me. So that is how i ordered Qui Gon. I had it at retail in my cart, then PM'd Amy with the 05 coupon that was already supposedly "used" on the Anakin ROTS Saber. And Amy credited that coupon to my Qui Gon Order.

Amy is such a sweetheart, thank God for her really.

So, long story short....If you want to use a coupon but MR's site wont let you, just PM Amy and Im sure she can take care of it.

BEW
02-11-2006, 02:28 PM
how was your Anakin one damaged?

nash
02-11-2006, 04:07 PM
It was just defective out of the box. The higher up number anakin rots sabers have had some Quality Control Issues. My Anakin ROTS had alot of excess and visible dried white glue in between and over the grips, also had a HUGE scratch going down across the control box on the gold circuit board from one corner to the other.

I know of about 6 or 7 people over at RS who have had the same glue and scratch problems with their Anakin ROTS. but an exchange or full refund is never a problem. It just takes a little time.

BEW
02-11-2006, 11:55 PM
I beg to differ...I had excess amounts of glue on my Luke ANH Elite Edition and they said they would reorder me a new one in August last year...and tehy did...I have the email to prove it and nothing since then...they will not even return my emails!

nash
02-12-2006, 06:44 AM
dude, seriously. quit with the emails and call 1866REPLIKA and ask to talk to AMY. the rest of the Master Replicas Customer Service reps are incompetent! they ****ed me off so bad the other day over a stupid REPLACEMENT! they dont know what the hell they are doing!!! I would not trust them, i ONLY trust amy.

Jayspawn
02-12-2006, 08:53 AM
I only call the Customer line when I want a shipping update. They're pretty good with that.

BEW
02-12-2006, 09:14 AM
you are right...before calling them I did send a PM to Amy so we will see what happens...thanks!

Jayspawn
02-14-2006, 05:46 PM
I got my Qui-Gon Jinn LE on order tonight. I just called Customer Service and they entered it using the '05 LE coupon. So I'm happy, my order is in!

Syl-Rel Veloci
02-18-2006, 10:55 AM
Hey everyone,

Is the Qui-Gon Jinn CE already available? How much? If it's only $150 as I've heard, I wonder why.... hmmm

BEW
02-18-2006, 12:32 PM
Because it is cheap and not the real thing like the LE

JediTricks
02-18-2006, 04:57 PM
The majority of the CE is resin rather than metal, only the outer sleeve is metal. Also, I think it's less parts, the CE version has more of the elements as part of the majority resin body, while LEs are separate pieces.

Maxu3x
02-27-2006, 04:35 PM
why is this lightsaber only being sold at masterreplicas.com and not other retailers?

nash
02-27-2006, 05:58 PM
Because things have changed. MR's policy now is that the LEs will only be sold direct via MR's website. Online dealers will only be able to sell the CE's unless MR makes another "dealer exclusive" like the current Luke ANH LE.

So basically, no more dealer discounts on LEs anymore.

BEW
02-27-2006, 06:42 PM
and plus this lightsaber is not even out yet...does not ship until Summer time?

nash
02-28-2006, 08:32 PM
and plus this lightsaber is not even out yet...does not ship until Summer time?

Yup Summer time as of now....we all know how MR gets ahead of themselves sometimes and causes the shipping dates to get pushed way back lol. However, I dont forsee this saber getting very much under MSRP unless MR has a sale on it. If dealers want to buy it they have to pay the same as everyone else, $369